PLAN BIKE NAVIGATION FROM A TO B TO C
Select a start and finish point, plus intermediate waypoints, by tapping on the map, by searching for names/places/postcodes, or by using your current location, and tap to obtain the route. Uses the general street network, plus Sustrans and other routes.
CHOICE OF FOUR ROUTING MODES
The app produces routes that will suit most cyclists. It can optionally can find faster or quieter routes for different types of rider. Routes are fetched from the CycleStreets website.
HILLS? NO PROBLEM!
The journey planner knows about hills, and finds routes that take advantage of the descents and avoids the ascents where possible. It balances these against the available road types. The route can be displayed on a map with contours using the OpenCycleMap option.
As well as the main map view, planned routes are loaded into an itinerary view, so you can follow each part of the journey. The street name, time and length are all shown, as is a detailed map for each individual stage of the journey. Routes are saved so you can also follow them again later.
The Photomap is a cycling advocacy tool used by campaign groups around the country. Use it to browse examples of problems or good practice, and add your own pictures. Need more cycle parking in your favourite spot in town? Sign in with a free account and add a photo of it to the Photomap.
Routing makes use of OpenStreetMap data, the brilliant 'geo-wiki' to which you can contribute. Note that, at present, some areas of the country have better coverage than others. Streets and paths of all kinds, including Sustrans routes and Local Authority network, are included. Routing quality is being developed all the time, with new types of cycling and street data being added and interpreted by the route planner.
Android App written by our great volunteers: Jez Higgins, with contributions from Theodore Hong, Christopher Fraser, Jonathan Gray, Shaun McDonald, Simon Nuttall.
Part of the development of this App has been funded by Cycling Scotland.
AS SEEN ON: Treehugger.com, Macworld.co.uk, The Register, BikeRadar.com, Road.cc, BBC.co.uk and CTC.org.uk
A car satnav uses roads only, the Bike Hub cycle satnav uses roads *and* cycle paths, including Sustrans routes. Bike Hub app also uses bike-friendly cut-throughs and short-cuts.
"Discovered new, pleasant & direct routes that are right on my doorstep!" @KarlonSea
"I thought the fastest way to work was 18:40 minutes but after 2 years doing various different routes, you showed me a path and a couple of shortcuts that have reduced it to 16:50! Gob smacked!" Andrew Norton, by email
App features true turn-by-turn navigation, with voice instructions and vibrating alerts.
The cycle routing - note: UK-only - is done via CycleStreets.net. This bicycle journey planning website uses mathematical graph theory algorithms to quickly work out great bike routes. But it's not just nodes and networks, Bike Hub mapping benefits from local, expert 'community' knowledge.
Choose ‘Quickest route' and you’ll be directed via roads (although not dual carriageways or motorways). Don’t care to mingle with motorised traffic? Choose ‘Quietest route' and the app will use OpenCycleMap to guide you along back-streets and, where available and sensible, cycle routes. The 'Balanced route' provides a good mix between the two extremes of 'Fastest route' and 'Quietest route'.
The Bike Hub app avoids hills where possible.
BIKE SHOP FINDER
Fire up the Bike Hub app to locate the nearest bike shops in a six mile radius.
TOURING OR TRAINING
Journey planner can suggest A to B routes of up to a maximum of 100 miles. For A to B to C routes use the 'via' function with + sign.
* Info on the Cycle to Work scheme
* Cycling and the law
* Best ever quotes about cycling.
Do not pedal & navigate. Instead use a handlebar mount for your phone. If you decide to follow this app's suggested journey take extra care on any unfamiliar sections. Proceed at your own risk as routes change and quality cannot be guaranteed. Dismount when routing suggests using footways as shortcuts. Do not use when driving a car: routing is bike-specific.
Route finding requires access to online mapping so, to use the journey planning, the Bike Hub app requires wifi or a mobile phone signal.
App relies on the network node coding of the Cyclestreets chaps and they, in turn, rely on the dedicated volunteers who upload fixes and new points of interest to OpenStreetMap. Please consider signing up to OpenStreetMap.org and using a free OSM editing app such as Mapzen POI Collector which lets you add businesses, local amenities and other places of interest to OpenStreetMap, direct from your phone. Or consider becoming part of the OSM community by adding data via your desktop with online services such as mapzen.cloudmade.com.
This app is free because it was funded by the Bike Hub levy. This is a voluntary levy on most of the bicycles and bits sold in UK bike shops. The Bike Hub levy is operated by the Bicycle Association of GB and the Association of Cycle Traders. BikeHub.co.uk is the news and features website funded by the levy scheme. The Bike Hub app was commissioned by BikeHub.co.uk editor Carlton Reid and produced by Tinderhouse.
Feedback on this app is welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or @bikehub on Twitter. Please consider rating the app. Thanks.
Use it as your GPS navigator!
It's free and you don't need an internet connection to see the map!
Search addresses or points of interest.
Get routing to destination.
It includes a detailed list of points of interest for tourists, accommodation, parking, restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres, auto services, shops, parks, schools, hospitals, sport areas.
The application has detailed maps of major cities in United Kingdom: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast and others.
This application is based on Osmand project under the GNU GPLv3 license and uses high quality data from OSM.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 20M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
The app provides door-to-door route plans with options that will suit all levels of cycling capability.
· Route options
o Easier Routes – Avoid heavy traffic
o Balanced Routes – Expect some traffic
o Direct Routes – possible heavy traffic
o Save routes for offline use
o Avoid difficult junction manoeuvres
o Avoid Hills
o Navigation / audible warnings when off route
o Take bike on Train
o Use City Bike Hire Bikes
o Calorie counter / chocolate bar index
o Themed Routes
o Elevation information
The app is being continually developed and expanded, routing data is being updated and improved.
Have we missed a good cycle route?, please let us know by pressing the feedback button.
For improved mobility, take advantage of the different services offered by this application for smartphones and tablets:
- Locate your current position through geolocation and display interactive maps. Different plans and maps available : Michelin maps, lite maps and aerial maps.
- Quickly and accurately calculate routes in car, motorcycle, cycle or pedestrian mode from your current location, a specific address or a contact address and optimise your travel with :
• Display of multiple route options including journey times without traffic, estimated journey times based on current traffic levels, the distance for each route and the estimated distance and cost for each route (toll fees, vignette fees and fuel prices that can be personalised according to petrol prices and vehicle type).
• Display your route in either map or road map mode and feature all the key stages of your journey.
- Find an address
In addition, numerous options enabling you to display:
- Car parks, petrol stations AND real-time traffic
- Hotels and restaurants from the MICHELIN guides and tourist information from the MICHELIN Green Guides, as well as the ability to calculate your route with a single click !
- Whether it’s a business trip or holidays and travel, use the ViaMichelin application to travel with peace of mind. Day after day, we look for ways in which to improve mobility in order to bring you greater efficiency and fun. We work on your behalf with passion and enthusiasm.
ViaMichelin offers maps for across the world including Europe and, of course, the United Kingdom, with maps and plans for towns and cities: London map, Birmingham map, Manchester map, but also Liverpool, Bristol… Road and motorway traffic is also available for Europe and the UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol traffic…)
NB : You will need to authorise access to your contacts in order to directly complete data fields with contact addresses.
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Drive smartly with the MICHELIN application range
Discover a package of free, interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your trips
-Maintain your tyres and vehicle:
o MICHELIN MyCar: advice on checking and maintaining your vehicle
o MICHELIN Navigation: GPS, community road alerts and real-time traffic information
o ViaMichelin: mapping and route calculation
-Enjoy your travels:
o MICHELIN Hotels: real-time booking
o MICHELIN Restaurants: restaurant search and booking
o MICHELIN Travel: a wealth of information from the Green Guide
Any ideas for improving your application? Share your ideas by leaving a comment on the store or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your feedback which enables us to continually improve our travel products and services.
The 3G network signal can be patchy in the remoter parts of the National Park. We’ve added links to our websites for you to browse when you hit a wifi hotspot or when you get a good 3G signal but most of what you need is already included in the contents of the app.
We now feature four locations on the app: Malham in the south; Hawes in the north; Reeth in the north east and Dent in the north west of the National Park. For each one there are Places of Interest (POIs); Routes (walk and cycle); Panoramic Images and links to Audiotrails. Use the app navigation buttons and the menu button on your phone to make your choice then start getting to know some of the most beautiful countryside in the world!
Wales Trails is not a tool for detailed trip planning - it's designed to help you consider car-free options for a day trip or longer stay.
Explore Wales using a combination of train, bicycle or on foot. You may decide to travel by train to a selected point, then walk a section of the beautiful Wales Coast Path or jump on a bike to follow part of a cycle trail before heading back home on a train.
We feature three scenic rail trails - Cambrian Coast Railway, Conwy Valley Railway, and Heart of Wales Railway - which travel through breathtaking Welsh landscapes.
For cyclists, we have four National Cycle Network trails - Lon Cambria & Lon Teifi, Lon Las Cymru North and Celtic Trail - that offer a fantastic mixture of traffic-free rides and challenging adventures. If you prefer to explore on foot, we have three long distance walking trails: Glyndwr's Way National Trail, Offa's Dyke Path and Wales Coast Path.
The app is very easy to use with Trail, Map and Directions icons. Each Trail features numbered hubs or 'Waymarkers', which provide lots of useful visitor information about things to do and points of interest within easy reach.
The app contains:
- A map showing each of the key points on the trails
- Pictures and descriptions of the featured places on the trails
- Detailed information about additional places to visit
- Up to date details on local services and things to do
- New Vision Group Ltd
- Buzz Interactive
© 2014 New Vision Group Limited & Mid Wales Tourism Ltd
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
With more than 620 free, detailed and mapped walking guides (May 2015) and counting, the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location or by name, walk length or county
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email email@example.com
The app uses your phone's GPS record your routes in real-time, allowing the Council to know which routes cyclists prefer or avoid.
The app will also allow users to report problems along their route such as potholes, obstructed bike lanes, inadequate cycle parking etc.
The information collected by the app will be used by the Council to consider and make strategic improvements to the borough's cycle infrastructure. This will make cycling in Hackney more pleasant, and encourage those who currently don't cycle to give it a go.
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
Gives access to maps scales 1:125000(roadmap),1:50000(Landranger), 1:25000(Explorer) and 1:10000 (Streetmap)
Features smooth scrolling, compass, Augmented reality,paths and waypoints.
Suitable for rambling, cycling or street level.
Search by postcode, placename, gridref or latitude/longitude
No ads or quotas in the Premium version