* Mushroom guide (more than 140 species)
* Categories (edible, poisonous, exotic, medicinal)
* First aid
Contains advertisement banner.
Perhaps you'll encounter something else than mushrooms in the woods…
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Over 500 species at your fingertips, from Amanita Mold to Zeller's Bolete.
The Audubon Mushrooms Guide is the most comprehensive and accurate guide to North American mushrooms and other fungi available to date. The app covers over 560 common species of mushrooms, other fungi and slime molds - enough info to please the mycologist in us all. Audubon Mushrooms features a comprehensive search function, stunning photography, current taxonomic information, complete species descriptions and reference material.
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 560+ MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
• PLEASE NOTE: This app is not yet compatible for the honeycomb tablet.
• Complete species information for every mushroom with comprehensive, up-to-date authoritative descriptions
• Professional color photographs detailing each species with extraordinary clarity.
• An extensive reference section from the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms brought completely up-to-date including mushroom anatomy, identification, habitats and much more.
• Identify with accuracy. Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by order.
• Search by multiple “advanced search” variables including general shape, size, habitat, cap shape or texture, region, color, stalk shape and more.
• Navigate back and forth between species information, personalized Life Lists and Sightings, search functions and more with ease and clarity.
• Record your field experiences using the Life List and Sighting features. Track a sighting using the device’s GPS, add notes, and save to the App for records of your nature adventures
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email email@example.com
This is the most complete and the most advanced application for mycologists and mushroom hunters. It allows users to:
-add, delete and edit mushrooms on the list (texts, pictures),
- edit characteristics of a specific mushroom,
- use quick search by the name of a mushroom (common and Latin name),
- search by characteristics,
- add pictures from the camera or SD card,
- add location for a specific mushroom and receiving automated GPS coordinates for the location,
- edit locations (pictures, texts), choose cover art for a specific mushroom,
- add and keep records of visiting locations,
- check GPS locations display on a map,
-display your GPS coordinates as well as coordinates of a location on a map,
- display air distance to a location,
- get navigated to a location.
The application is available in two versions:
• Basic - free
With a base of 10 most common mushrooms, allowing users to add one mushroom (pictures, texts, characteristics) and one location (GPS coordinates, text, pictures) of their choice.
• Extended - payable (Internal PayPal payment 4.8 EUR)
The extended version has no restrictions.
At the customer’s request the application can be individually adjusted against payment (e.g. add filtering on your search engine).
Precision mapping depends on GPS receiver of your device.
Should you have any suggestions on how to improve your application, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to help.
IN CASE OF ANY ERRORS please contact us at INFO@FUNGITRON.COM and we will be happy to assist. 1-stars do not solve bugs, WE DO. :)
168 species are currently available in the extended database! 2 new identification criteria! (30.12.2013.)
Buy subscription for ad-free app to access these and extra identification criteria!
Fungitron is the new generation of mushroom field guides:
✦ it has greater coverage of wild European and American mushrooms than the usual paper-print field guides, still it fits on a smartphone,
✦ at least one or several high-quality photos, illustrations are displayed for the mushrooms (which are zoomable to reveal tiny details),
✦ its content will be updated regularly (available after subscription!),
✦ medicinal and edibility information with icon badges,
✦ tons of (to be precise: cca. 150) identification parameters help to filter mushroom species, thus making the identification easier,
✦ there is a list for similar mushrooms, which are available one click away,
✦ the graphical details of the application is prepared with the same meticulous care as the content.
Fungitron is unique, because you can filter mushrooms using countless parameters, there are plenty of good quality, own photos and the app is very detailed and can be used completely offline.
The application downloads its database after installation (we recommend to use a Wifi connection). Afterwards it can be used completely offline.
This version is free, contains 70 detailed species and displays ad. Ad-free version with more species is available after subscription (check at www.fungitron.com).
If you miss any important mushroom, please let us know and we will include ASAP.
Fungitron contains searchable scientific latin (synonym latin), english, german and french common names. Spanish and russian is being prepared.
All small-medium-large screen phones and xlarge screen tablets are supported. Fungitron also has tablet-optimized landscape layout.
This app contains more fungi species for free than iFungi, Roger Phillips Mushrooms, A-Mushrooms, Colorado Mushrooms, Mushrooms pro, Mushrooms lite, Mushrooming or Audubon Mushroom Guide. Fungitron contains far more sophisticated identification multi-filtering method, which is also able to identify non-typical mushrooms.
Please tell us your opinion and thoughts at www.fungitron.com or email@example.com and we will react immediately!
Keywords: mushroom, shroom, fungi, funghi, fungus, Pilz, field guide, foraging
The Lite version of the app stores a much smaller selection of mushrooms within its database than the Pro version described below.
This application offers the most complete series of wild mushrooms and other fungi across Europe and North America. It features over 2,500 photographs of 1,560 fungi species, including edible, hallucinogenic, poisonous mushrooms, truffles, puffballs and brackets and is the perfect guide for identifying mushrooms. The species have been collected in the wild by Roger Phillips and other senior mycologists from both America and Europe. The images show each mushroom from many different angles, and often in their different stages of maturity to aid identification. Also included are descriptive keys, details of size, shape, color, habitat, and symbols to indicate edibility.
* No internet connection needed
* Detailed texts on over 1,500 mushrooms including scientific names, synonyms (including European names)
* Over 2,600 photographs, all zoomable using tap-to-zoom
* Full database list with facility to search texts to find strings (e.g. common names)
* Search by: Visual Appearance, Edibility (choice, edible, inedible, hallucinogenic, poisonous, and deadly), Fungus Colour, Normal Size, Cap Type, Stem Type, Flesh, and Habitat
* Search by over 50 individual mushroom attributes with numbers of exact and partial matches returned customizable
* Color/symbols for at-a-glance check of edibility
* Naming: The common names of the different mushrooms are also included together with French and German and other important names, the Latin names are all included.
* Save species to ‘favorites’
* Texts include details of microscopic analysis of spores for greater accuracy of identification