What you get
- Agenda widget, with a list of your events grouped by day;
- Calendar widget, with a (resizable) month view;
- Weather forecast for up to 5 days on the agenda widget;
- Extensive customization: you can change the background and font colors, the font type and its density, customize the header, etc;
- Preset themes, with nice defaults for colors, fonts and other options;
- Select which calendar events to display;
- And more.
This widget is free, but some configuration options are locked. To unlock, click "upgrade" and you'll be able to buy the premium version via Google Play.
We dislike apps that ask a lot of permissions without justifying them. So here's what we need and why:
Your personal information: To read your calendar events
Network communication and Your location: To show the weather for your location (only your approximate location)
Have fun and join us at https://plus.google.com/communities/100148874755192683155
To make it work, you must install the latest version of GO Launcher EX which is the most popular home launcher app in Android Market.
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions
● Available Size: 4x3 2x2 4x4 new 3x3 new
● View month
● View agenda
● Add agenda
● View Chinese Lunar
● View Moon phase
***Latest update (2.4.8): Major ad spamming issue fixed, switched to a different ad provider. As requested by many users, we have also released a completely ad-free pro version of Simple Calendar, get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.calendarpro***
Features and Configuration Options Include:
- Font style and background customization
- Select which application opens on click
- Fonts, colors, text size
- Supports tasks using Dato and GTasks
- How do I place the widget on my homescreen?
Long-press your homescreen, choose "widgets," find "Simple Calendar Widget," and drag it to the homescreen. On most Android 4.0 devices, widgets can be found under the "Widgets" tab in app drawer.
- I can't find Simple Calendar in my widget list!
Try restarting your device.
- How do I resize the widget?
Android 3.0+ supports resizing of widgets by default. For older Android versions this can be done by installing an alternate launcher.
- How do I show the weather forecast on the widget?
On your desktop Google calendar, just add weather. For instructions, search Google for "Weather forecasts in your calendar".
- How do I add holidays, birthdays, or sports schedules?
- Search Google for "Adding interesting dates to Google Calendar" and follow the instructions.
READ CALENDAR: Access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup to SD card
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions between day, week and month view
● 48 colors per calendar, 12 per-event colors if supported by the calendar (Android 4.1+ with Google calendars only)
● flexible recurrences (e.g., every 2 weeks or every 3rd day - first select weekly or daily, then set the interval)
● birthdays with photos from your addressbook and editing
● Fullscreen widgets for all 3 views plus floating 7 days
● uses Android's native calendar backend and synchronization
● no battery drain (aCalendar gets push updated from the system instead of using frequent polling)
● moon phases and zodiac signs for birthdays
● QR and NFC barcode sharing of events
● no ads
EXTRA FEATURES only in aCalendar+
With aCalendar+ you get a dozen of extra features including more views, advanced settings, Tasks, more color themes and public holidays.
Also you'll find business-oriented features like invitations, free/busy settings and sharing as text or file.
Finally your purchase helps protect the habitat of the endangered Mountain Tapir as we donate 10% of all revenue to rainforest conservation through our friends at World Land Trust
● move forward and backward by swiping vertically or volume rocker
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open event
● long-press to add new event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● tap on photo to open quick contact menu
● 3-finger-tap to go to today
native language support for around 30 languages. Those are mostly user-contributed, please contact me if there is a bad translation or you'd like your language added!
aCalendar only asks for mandatory permissions for its functionality: Read and write contact data for birthdays as well as read and write calendar data for events. 'Send Email to guests' is bound to 'write calendar data' by Google. NFC is for sharing events by touching another NFC-enabled phone, and requires manual confirmation.
Unfortunately app2SD cannot be supported, because homescreen widgets do not work from SD. This is an Android limitation. But aCalendar is optimized not only for speed but also for size.
♥ aCalendar is made with love, sweat and tears in the heart of Munich. If you like aCalendar, please rate or comment and recommend it to your friends. Also consider upgrading to aCalendar+ for extra features ♥
aCalendar is free and will stay free and ad-free. No features will be taken away, but some advanced calendar features might only come to aCalendar+.
★ "Our favorite calendar app on Android, due to its flexibility and ease of use." - Lifehacker 01/2014 ★
★ "One of the best Calendar Apps for 2014" - FastCompany ★
FOR A CLEARER VIEW ON EVENTS & APPOINTMENTS
▪ Quick Day View: For a fast overview to all events of the day
▪ Favorite Bar: For direct access to all your calendars
▪ Smooth Scroll and Zoom: For better, intuitive interaction
● graphical and textual presentation
● scroll- and zoomable multi-day view (1-14 days)
● month, agenda, day and event view
● color-coded year view
● search function
● configurable widgets in different sizes for month, week, agenda and day view
● easy switching between timeline bars and event titles in month view
● intuitive handling: just move your finger over some days of interest in month view to open them in the multi-day view
● many options for recurrent events (e.g. an event that takes place every other week on Tuesday and Thursday)
● birthday calendar
● context-sensitive help system to optimize your workflow
This free version is ad-supported, but still fully functional. If you’re a heavy calendar user, we believe the best solution for you is the Pro Version: without ads, with more useful features, like:
+ Manage Contacts: Link your events and appointments with your contacts
+ Customizable Templates: Create your own templates for new events
+ Multi-Select: For deleting, moving, or copying multiple events
+ Import & Export: Quickly import all your calendars, export them in .ics format
+ Drag’n’drop: Move and copy events easily in the multi-day view
+ Tasks Add-On: Use the integrated task-management tool for syncing with Google Tasks & Toodledo
+ App Theming: Light and dark theme for the app
+ Advanced Widgets: Set colors, font sizes and calendars
Rather than just organize your agenda, Cal helps you gain focus without the extra effort. Topping The Next Web’s list of 2013’s Best Apps, it’s the calendar that truly unlocks the potential of Android.
If any of these ring true, then Cal may be for you:
- Some days feel like a black hole rather than a clear timeline
- You want to balance business and personal life in one place
- You’re looking for harmony, and maybe even some playfulness in your day-to-day
Here’s the beauty - despite the long list below, there’s no clutter or complexity. A smooth, intuitive interface lets you discover powerful functions the very moment you need them.
■ Real time sync: Sync all of your current calendars including Google Calendar and Exchange
■ Work/ life balance: Naturally merge business agendas and personal life planning in one place. Uniquely flexible to meet changing needs, your calendar will always feel tailored to you.
■ HeadsUp for supercharged meetings (new feature): Keep meetings focused and capture the information that matters with this intelligent homescreen hub. Responsive pop up screens put all the tools of a productive meeting right at your fingertips.
■ Android widget: Quickly review your day from the homescreen without having to open the app
■ Voice entry and predictive text: Add events and details faster and easier. Simply speak or begin typing for surprisingly accurate auto-suggestions.
■ Socially smart: The app predicts who you want to meet and even suggests nearby meeting places
■ Focus finding: A visual timeline let’s you find free moments to balance life, work, and ‘me time’ without letting anything slip through the cracks
■ Celebrate: It's always someone's birthday. Write on a friend’s Facebook wall, call, send them a message, or buy gifts through Amazon or Gifts.com
■ Navigation: Get to meetings and events faster with built-in Google Maps, Waze, and Uber
■ Task tracker: Supercharge your calendar and handle tasks in the same place by connecting Cal to Any.do - our award winning task app that weaves perfectly into your calendar.
■ Visually refreshing - Rich graphics in 9 specially curated photo themes add harmony to the everyday
■ Landscape and month view: Simply jump to a specific date from the month view and tilt your phone for a more open view of your calendar
■ Reminders: Set up time and location based reminders, and recurring events
■ Actually look forward to checking your calendar :) This app, and it’s sister task app Any.do, is our answer to “How am I going to get everything done?!” Make every day a good day and enjoy conquering what’s up ahead.
We love to stay connected with our users! If you have any feedback, questions or concerns please visit: www.any.do/faq on follow us on Google+, Facebook and Twitter:
Also, check out SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts to sync your iCloud contacts!
Important note for Android 4.1 and Samsung users: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app (before you install SmoothSync):
Please note that there is a new issue in Android 4.4: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66905
It causes accounts to be removed when an app is updated. Installing the workaround app should help.
Get support and news via email or via Twitter at https://twitter.com/SmoothSync
The app is designed to be as user friendly as possible. So, just enter your account data, select your calendar and SmoothSync will keep your calendars in sync.
This app will create new calendars on your device (one for each calendar in your iCloud account). It will not sync calendars of other account (like Google) to iCloud.
Please, if you find a bug send me an email. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it.
Important! If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can't handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
The last screen shot shows the calendar selection dialog of the event editor of the stock calendar app.
Thanks to the guys at http://www.busymac.com/ for their support!!
* supports multiple accounts
* supports subscribed calendars
* initial support for attachments (Android 4.1 or newer, doesn't work with all calendars apps)
* supports reminders if this app is installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks
* multiple calendars per account
* automatic calendar discovery
* automatic sync of calendar colors and names
* syncs multiple alarms
* time zone support
* customizable sync interval (default: 4h, local changes will be synced almost immediately)
* synchronizes entire calendar
* encrypts passwords
* no "push" support (yet)
iCloud and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The author of this app is not related to Apple in any way.
● Available in both Sinhala and English
● Smooth and easy swipe navigation
● Sri Lankan holiday details of past years
● Sinhala/Tamil new year customs
● Month widget for Home screen
● Local and international special days
● No Ads
● Swipe left/right to move between months
● Swipe up/down to change year
● Long press to add calendar event
If you found any bugs or if you want to make a suggestion please feel free to contact me on email@example.com.
* If you having issues after update please uninstall then install new version.
* Home screen widget might not work if you move app to SD card. This is an Android limitation.
* Because of April poya day and New year falling on same day, poya indicator will not work. This is a known issue and fix for this coming soon.
FULL NETWORK ACCESS: Use for Google Analytics
VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS: Use for Google Analytics
Experience the smooth navigation between the views month / day / event. Nice display with pastel colors on dark background. Moon phases included.
Similar to DigiCal, Google Calendar, aCalendar, Business Calendar, Touch Calendar, Jorte Calendar, Samsung Planner. But in addition a continuous swipe gesture enabling a smoother experience.
Ads is unobtrusive, only in month view if portrait mode. And there is a button 'No ads today'.
You can remove ads permanently with 'No ads' menu option.
Following is true for all calendar apps : to synchronize online calendars you need to enable synch at device level : System Settings > General > Accounts > Add account. Radio-button "Sync calendar" has to be checked. Moreover make sure global synchronization is enabled. Refer to provided screenshots.
V 1.7 adds Indian calendar public holidays.
NEW IN 1.7.1:
Lockscreen extension users will find the widget in the list again
Link to extension apps in the Play Store fixed
BEFORE DOWNLOADING, PLEASE READ THIS:
• The calendar in Month Calendar Widget (MCW) is a home screen widget. The screen you'll see when opening the app is not the calendar, it's an introduction screen that tries to explain how to put the widget to work (more details below)
• MCW has been published here for more than 3 years. Its main purpose was always to provide a simple way to check dates on the home screen. It was never meant to be a calendar app to manage events. And it's free, and will always be (this is a rule enforced by Google).
• Since many people asked for events management, I have published the Calendar Events extension (a paid app). The reason it's a separate download is twofold: 1. People who want a lightweight calendar don't get overwhelmed by features they don't need 2. Making it a paid app helps me justify dedicating effort to continue publishing apps here in the Play Store
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET
First of all, don't try to "open" this calendar. It's a home screen widget, widgets work right on the Android home screen after you place them there. This is the way clock and weather widgets work, for example.
The introduction screen has more information. Just tap the "Get started" button to learn more.
In case you have problems putting MCW to work, please visit the new Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105494419095577561767
OK, I GOT IT, I'M USING IT AND I LIKE IT
Perfect! Then you can help me by:
• Spreading the word about the app: Tell your friends about it, specially in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc
• Writing a review here: Write a nice review here and 5-star this app ;) (just kidding, be honest about the rating)
• Purchasing one of the extensions: You can purchase here on Google Play a Lockscreen extension and now a Calendar Events extension
• Making a donation: You can do it from the app's Settings screen or from http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/im-accepting-donations.html
Thanks in advance!
If you have problems installing/using the widget, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, join the Google+ community or drop me an e-mail. I appreciate your feedback. I speak Spanish, English and Portuguese, and usually respond within 24 business hours.
You can reach me also on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD)
Find Month Calendar Widget's source code in GitHub: https://github.com/JoseGD/MonthCalendarWidget
This is a simple calendar widget where the month view and today's agenda are combined together. It gives you a good overview of your events at hand in your home screen.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a trial version with NO TIME LIMIT. After 7 days, you will be asked to buy the license key to unlock more options and support further development. But you could continue use this app for free as long as you want until you decide to buy it or not.
ALSO NOTE: It is NOT a calendar app. It's only a widget. To make it work you should add it on your home screen (like on the screenshots).
• Synced with Google calendars
• Shows markers for dates with events
• Shows today's agenda
• Shows week numbers (optional)
• Opens default calendar app by taping on date
• Beautiful and clean design
• Looks similar to HTC Calendar Widget (from HTC Sense)
The app still in BETA stage and may be not perfectly stable, so if you are getting problems or have any ideas, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to rate and comment it if you like it :-)
The app is open source. Do you want to contribute to the project? Start by translating the widget to another language. Visit the project at crowdin.net and be part of the next release. :)
* Displays all events from your calendars
* Automatically updates when you add/delete/modify an event
* Select only the calendars you want to see in the widget
* Customize colors of the widget background and texts
* Scroll through the list of upcoming events
* Customize the text size of the widget
* Fully resizable widget
* Indicators for alerts and recurring events
* Supports Android tablets
The widget is completely open source and you can find all the code and graphic elements up on github: https://github.com/plusonelabs/calendar-widget
★ Favorite of The Next Web: 12 Best Calendar Apps for Android – Aug 2013
★ “It walks a good line between functionality and appearance.” – The Next Web
★ “DigiCal is one of the most flexible, customizable calendars we’ve used.” - Lifehacker
☁ SYNC WITH ALL CALENDARS
DigiCal is a stylish and user-friendly Android calendar that syncs with all calendar servers that are supported on Android such as Google Calendar, Outlook.com and Exchange.
✪ INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - ANDROID HOLO LIGHT AND DARK THEME
The clean and intuitive user interface is available for smartphones and tablets running Android 2.2+.
✪ 6 POWERFUL AND STYLISH CALENDAR VIEWS
Choose from the day, week, agenda, month, text month and list view in portrait and landscape mode.
✪ 6 BEAUTIFUL AND EASY CUSTOMIZABLE (LOCK SCREEN) WIDGETS
Use our 9 preset themes with live preview to easily customize the list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar widgets.
✈ UNIQUE BUILT-IN LOCATION SEARCH
Adding a location to your appointment has never been easier. Just type in the name of the place (cafe, store, and park) and DigiCal will look up and save the address.
✈ INTEGRATION WITH GOOGLE NOW
Google Now (Android 4.1+) knows where you’ll need to go, if you’ve saved the location. It keeps an eye on the current traffic, plan your route and notify you when you should leave.
✈ IMPROVED NOTIFICATIONS
Our notifications are upgraded with shortcuts for snooze, maps and navigation.
❤ TRANSLATED IN 27 LANGUAGES
☼ FREE WORLDWIDE WEATHER FORECAST
- Worldwide weather forecast available in all the calendar views and widget types.
- Weather forecast for today and the next 2 days.
- Detailed weather info: humidity, precipitation, pressure, cloud cover, wind, sunrise and sunset.
☼ PREMIUM WEATHER FORECAST SUBSCRIPTION (ADD-ON)
- Detailed hourly weather forecast for the next 48 hours, and 3 hourly for the next 15 days.
- Interactive temperature and precipitation graph.
- Easy location management: choose and save your favorite places.
✓ Integrated weather forecast in all calendar views and widget types
✓ 6 powerful calendar views (day, week, agenda, month, text month and list)
✓ 6 beautiful and easy customizable (lock screen) widgets (list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar)
✓ Built-in location search for quickly adding locations to your events
✓ Google Now (Android 4.1+) support, notifying you when it's time to leave by planning your route, checking traffic and calculating your travel time
✓ Improved notifications with shortcuts for snooze, map and navigation
✓ Event pop-up makes it easy to go through your individual events
DIGICAL+ (PAID VERSION) PREMIUM FEATURES
★ Beautiful month and month calendar (lock screen) widget
★ Select which calendars to be displayed on your widgets
★ Extra theme pre-sets and font size pre-sets
★ Configure background colors and transparency using the color picker for the widgets
★ Customize text size and text colors in the widgets
★ Ad free
☎ Do you need help or want to share your feedback with us? Feel free to contact us via our submit form https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
☺ For tutorials and FAQ, please visit our support page: https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc
� The read contacts permission is required for inviting guests, as without it, we simply cannot provide auto completion for email or guest names, nor display their profile images in events with invitations.”
� For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/1oq9i4C
• Resizable and scrollable.
• Shows number of days/minutes to events.
• Tap on time to launch Clock app.
• Tap on date to open Google Calendar.
• Tap between clock and date to display a month view.
• Shows events on a hours grid.
• Tap and hold on a day to display context menu.
To change a calendar color:
1. Go to http://www.google.com/calendar on your desktop.
2. Select the color in the left sidebar.
To add to the lockscreen (Android 4.2 only):
1. Swipe lockscreen to the left until you see a big [+] icon.
2. Tap on the icon and select 'Neat Calendar'.
3. Tap and hold on the widget and move it to the left of the camera screen.
To add to the home screen:
1. Open widgets list in the app drawer.
2. Tap and hold to place widget on the desktop.
How to display birthdays:
Go to Google Calendar on the web and click on
Other calendars > Browse Interesting Calendars > More > Contacts' birthdays and events > Subscribe.
Then go to Calendar app, tap menu icon and select Calendars to display > Calendars to sync.
■ Main Features:
- Month view
- Today's agenda
- Today's weather(Coming soon)
GO Launcher EX, the final choice for 100,000,000+ people! User voted best Android Launcher!
Download GO Launcher EX first to enjoy 10,000+ personalized themes, fancy transition animations and experience the super speedy and smooth operation provided by powerful 3D core!
● Beautiful widgets with over 70 hand-crafted themes.
● Integrate seamlessly into any home screen layout you're currently using.
● Synced with Google calendar.
● Display calendar events.
● Display friend's birthdays.
● Supports lunar calendar.
● Quickly browse your agenda / todo list from widget.
● Choose which calendars you would like to show.
● Fast, modern and intuitive UI with Material design.
♥ Made with love ♥
- space efficient: shows as many events as possible
- highly configurable
- offers many widget sizes
Search for "Resizable CalWidget" if you have Android 3.0 or newer:
resizeable widget and lockscreen widget!
DO NOT move it to sdcard or it will stop working!
Supports two input methods for Vietnamese characters: VNI and Telex (see help).
Please don't contact me concerning the icon. It is the official Vietnam/Vietnamese flag and not VietCong.
* fade-in alarm
* easy interface (big snooze, safe dismiss)
* optional voice output
Please don't use as your only alarm clock yet!
Changelog in the program's main menu.
Find restaurants, bars, hotels, bia hoi, hospitals and other services in Saigon.
Search using your phone's location information.
Read quality reviews by real Saigonese about Saigon.
Find restaurants, bars, hotels, bia hoi, hospitals and other services in Hanoi.
Search using your phone's location information.
Read quality reviews by real New Hanoians about Hanoi.