GPS Doctor works by clearing stale cached values that can mislead your GPS chip as it searches for your location, then injecting the correct values into the chip using data downloaded from NTP and XTRA servers.
The "Quick Fix" option is available to automatically diagnose and correct many common GPS issues. Manual fix options are also available, including: forcing XTRA injection, forcing time injection, and clearing aiding data (all, almanac, ephemeris, time, position, UTC, ionospheric, health, SV Dir, SV Steer, SA, RTI, and CellDBInfo).
This app has been tested an verified to work on the Galaxy S line of phones as well as many HTC and Motorola devices. It is generic enough that it should work on EVERY available phone now. GPS Doctor is constantly improving, so please provide feedback if you use this app on another device.
Simple, free and ads free way to make your device GPS sensor active all the time!
What does it do?
- starts a background service which keeps your GPS sensor active all the time
- with simple settings you can choose three modes: fast, normal & slow
- can use wake lock (not allow device to go to sleep when screen is off)
- can be started on boot
- can show notification icon in you status bar when running
- 100% ads free or any other commercial activity
Why use it?
- reduce GPS cold start time
- no need to wait for GPS when you start application which need GPS (navigation, sports trackers, etc.)
- get better GPS fix in applications which use GPS sensor
- more precise tracking and navigating
- good for developers who use passive way to GPS sensor
Application can run on all Android devices with built-in, BT or USB GPS sensor.
Application can use a lot of device battery, use it with care and check/set settings to your needs.
Please DONATE if you find this application useful.
New improvement will be available soon.
IMPORTANT: go outdoors to detect the GPS satellites!
Functionalities: GPS Glonass QZSS BeiDou Satellite Compass GoogleMaps OSM OSMDroid OpenStreetMap Bing BingMap Yandex Map Test AGPS A-GPS UTM MGRS Maidenhead WGS84 Xtra data Datum GPS/KM VMG (Velocity Made Good)
GPS Status - Raw GPS data: Number of Satellites, Location, Altitude, Accuracy and Speed.
GPS Fix - Reset your GPS state and download assistance data if your GPS is not working.
Magnet - Get magnetic field strength readings from your magnetometer. You can use this to calibrate your compass. Wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern and if the two values match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
You need a clear view of the sky to get a GPS signal, ideally outside or at least near a window.
To calibrate your compass, please stand clear of metal objects or electronics.
Tap on the values to change units. Speed: m/s, km/h, mph, knots. Length: m, ft. Location: degrees, minutes, seconds.
Some Motorola phones can't get a GPS fix if the device is set to Airplane mode.
Thanks for downloading!
Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
"GPS Area Measure" is an excellent application for the calculation of the area on the map. App gives the highly accurate area, distance, angle and volume information.
Easy and fast insertion point can coordinate with the very delicate.
GPS Area Measure is used for:
- Map Measure
- Outdoor Measure
- Road repairing
- Range finder
- Distance measure
- Seal coating
- Jog tracking
- Field and pasture area measure
- Garden and farm work and planning
- Agricultural measure
- Solar panel installation
- Roof area estimation
- Trip planning
- Support for 50 languages
- GPS Tracking support
- Distance, Angle and Area Modes
- Metric and Imperial units
- Distance between points
- Angle between lines
- Area calculation
- Address information
- Volume calculation
- Direction info for lines (N/NNE/NE/ENE/E/ESE/SE/SSE/S/SSW/SW/WSW/W/WNW/NW/NNW)
- GPS coordinates for selected point
- Manage saved KML files (Open, Save and Share)
- Export KML file format to Google Earth and Google Maps
- Terrain and Satellite Views
- Delete last point or all points
TetherGPS allows you to share the GPS on one WiFi enabled Android device with another WiFi enabled Android Device.
TetherGPS can be launched by using the included 1x1 widgets, through intent broadcasts from other apps, or by using the launch buttons in the TetherGPS configuration app.
Example use - Connect your Nook Color and your HTC Evo to the same network, or tether the Nook Color to the HTC Evo with android-wifi-tether. Run TGPS Server on the HTC Evo and TGPS Client on the Nook color. The Nook Color will receive GPS data from the HTC Evo. Applications on the Nook Color such as Google Maps and Google Navigation will then work using the shared GPS data.
-Mock locations on the client device must be enabled. Settings>Applications>Development>Allow mock locations.
-GPS location must be enabled on both devices.
-Use the TGPS Client and TGPS Server widgets to enable the services.
If the widgets are not showing up in your widget list, check to make sure the application is installed on the device and not on the SD card.
If your device does not include a way to enable GPS navigation, download one of the freely available GPS toggle widgets from the Android Market.
TetherGPS uses the following intent listeners for activation by Tasker and other apps:
If TetherGPS does not show up in the market on your Nook or other tablet device, you can download the lite version with a fully featured client from our website, http://www.comptonsoft.com
Works on eclair, froyo, gingerbread, and now honeycomb, provided your phone was already capable of car mode.
I've had trouble with this functionality embedded in Car Dock Home v3. Even google seems to keep their app that enters car mode separate from the market app that acts as a car home.
If you are on a froyo or better phone and have the Google 'Car Home' icon in your launcher, I recommend using that to enter car mode.
I'm compelled to make this free due to the functionality previously being in Car Dock Home v3 (free)
Keywords: Car Mode, Car Dock, Simulator, Car Home
!!! Please read... YOU NEED AN EXTERNAL BLUETOOTH GPS HARDWARE DEVICE TO GET IT WORKS !!!
### I always receive questions about how to use this app to connect their Notebook or PC, Mac, or tethering another Android ...etc. I have to clarify that the purpose of this app is to connect the Android device with an external Bluetooth GPS device, in order to "replace" the android's internal GPS.
If you dont understand what the purpose of the app, please don't dl.
Please install at your own risk.
@@@@@ For samsung devices @@@@@
If your device crash occasionally, please first turn on the internal GPS before using the app. It is a known problem with some samsung devices.
### Please understand that the app frontend is just a frontend, mainly for controlling and configuration purpose, and providing some handy info. so don't expect it has many functions, shows every details and in any desired format...etc.
**** Please first enable Allow Mock Locations in Setting ****
* can't guarantee all device+apps work, pls email me details :)
Now you can start/stop the service from other apps by sending the service or broadcast Intent :
Start - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERVICE_START
Stop - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERVICE_STOP
Toggle - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERIVCE_TOGGLE
* Note: You should first make sure you setup all the preferences and you can start the service correctly through the GUI frontend.
* try the workarounds (in preference) if failed to connect (eg, service discovery fail, connection refused)
Please report error or send me logcat if you got FC or any problems, with screen cap of any error messages, nmea log.
There are thousands combinations of [android version x mobile hardware x bluetooth gps hardware ]. Sorry that it is impossible to provide support on a particular hardware model. Even a GPS-A works with Mobile-A, but GPS-A may not work with Mobile-B, but Mobile-B works with GPS-B. However, after upgraded the android version, this combination does not work anymore, but the other combination works again. I always got such reports. I don't have any those hardwares, and even for some of them, I never heard before and cannot google any information about them. Hope you understand.
some android 4.2.x may have problem with the bluetooth stack.
**Not for usage on phones with android 4.2 or newer**
- Root access required -
- BusyBox Required -
- New HTC phones need NAND-unlock -
This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you. Select one from the list, or add your own.
If the app doesn't work, please use "root checker" to check if you are correctly rooted and busybox is installed before you give a bad rating.
This app is NOT a navigation app. It simply opens Google Navigation, GPS Navigation by Sygic, or Be-on-road in one click, rather than a few.
Any issues regarding location, Maps crashing or internet use are not anything to do with this app. See the developers' sites for those kinds of issues.
To get a GPS fix you need to be outside, indoors it is very difficult to get a fix.
With this app you can:
- Fix your gps so it will start working normal again.
- Get current GPS coordinates and location such as : latitude, longitude, altitude, agps.
- See the GPS satellites radar.
Make sure, you have properly set Google Voice Search language.
Voice Commands provides the most comfortable way to start navigation. You don't have to type destination on keyboard, just say the address.
Favorite addresses can be saved as shortcut commands. Then just click microphone button and say for example "home".
*** Premium features ***
- Save current location as shortcut
- Auto start listening
- Auto start GPS (can speed-up GPS fix)
- No ads
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
In seguito all'aggiornamento di parte di Google dell'applicazione Maps alla versione v7, Google ha rimosso da Maps alcune funzionalità, e per questo motivo alcuni telefoni potrebbero non funzionare più regolarmente con questa applicazione.
Il problema, è noto ai più ed è pure oggetto di vari ticket nel bugtrack android:
e pure, anche qui anche se secondo me meno opportuno
Mi scuso per il disagio, anche se dipendente da Google, e vi informo che se mi contattate vi posso istruire in un semplice workaround che vi possa funzionare l'applicazione.
Vi prego di non dare voti bassi per questo, ma di attendere un po' per la soluzione, o se come sembra, Maps reintegrerà alcune funzioni a noi necessarie.
Istruzioni per l'uso: avviare l'applicazione poco prima di arrivare sul posto dove lasceremo l'auto. Questo accorgimento permette al GPS interno al telefono di trovare le coordinate. Il tempo di recepimento delle coordinate, varia al tempo di fix del GPS, che è molto variabile di telefono in telefono. Alcuni telefoni impiegano anche mezzore intere senza mai trovarlo (ad esempio alcuni Samsung Galaxy S o S2) altri telefoni impiegano qualche minuto, altri solamente qualche secondo.
Una volta parcheggiato, e acquisite le coordinate, sarà sufficiente premere su SALVA COORDINATE, e le coordinate saranno salvate per il successivo recupero.
Quando dovremmo ritrovare la nostra auto, sarà sufficiente premere su "RITROVAMI!" per far avviare la gestione delle mappe di google, che indicherà il punto dove era stata parcheggiata l'auto, recuperando la posizione dalle coordinate gps precedentemente salvata. Dalle mappe di google, si potrà (per i telefoni che hanno la funzione abilitata) anche innescare la navigazione a piedi o in macchina verso il punto dove è situata la macchina, per recuperarla.
Niente di più facile vero?
In più non gira nessun banner, ne applicazioni extra quelle stock del sistema android. Tutto è totalmente grauito e semplice da usare.
Se hai dubbi non esitare a contattarmi a mezzo email!
Tag: ritrovami, coordinate, gps, macchina, ritrovamento, ritrova, gps fix, auto, moto, motorino, bicicletta,