Zed Lite gives you access to your Zotero reference database on-the-go.
- View your personal and group libraries
- Browse collections
- Search your entire database
- View references
- View call numbers (if stored in the database)
- Share references and URLs to other apps, email references
- Download attachments (using default browser and PDF reader)
Requires a free Zotero account. This app does not sync your data and thus requires an internet connection.
If you need an app that syncs entire Zotero libraries and allows you to add, edit, and delete items, check out Zed, currently available for beta testing: http://www.favand.net/zed
If you have any problems with Zed Lite, please let me know about them through the built-in feedback email feature or through the website (http://www.favand.net/zed).
- Sharing a reference to another app on the device results in the loss of formatting such as italics. Try using the email feature and see if the app you want to share to shows up in that list (even if it isn't an email app).
Why two apps, Zed and Zed Lite? Good question. Zed is meant as a full-featured Zotero client for your mobile device. There's a lot going on in it. Zed Lite, on the other hand, is lighter and more friendly. It gives the developer a chance to explore different ways of working with the Zotero library data. The intent is to keep Zed Lite, well, light, but if you have ideas about how it might be improved, just send an email!
Want a customized version of Zed Lite? If you have a library of resources in a Zotero database and would like to offer access to this library through a mobile app (or even a website), get in touch. Zed Lite can easily be customized and branded with your library ID and display features.
Zed Lite is not authorized or produced by the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, the primary developers of Zotero, or by the Corporation for Digital Scholarship, the owners of the Zotero trademark. Zed Lite is a client that accesses Zotero databases through the Zotero web API.