Read the day’s top stories and breaking news from the industry’s best sources, hand-picked by our editors. Plus, easily stay updated on any topic you care about, from global events to your local news.
Read articles aggregated from the industry’s best sources and from your local news, curated by our editors. Explore World, Technology, Politics, Money, Entertainment, Sports, Crime, and Offbeat categories from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Washington Post, BBC, CNN, and more.
Follow topics you care about— like your favorite sports team, celebrity, or gadget. Sign in to save your preferences.
Stay up-to-date with breaking news alerts.
Share your favorite articles, videos, and photos with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, text, or email.
Automatically sync your favorite topics across MSN News on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the news you want to read.
Swipe left or right to read the next article. Tap the menu to explore Headlines, My Topics, Local, and Videos.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
- Breaking News Alerts
- Local News
- Local Sports
- Full Article Search
- Local Garage Sales and Directions
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Emergency AUS - Delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia.
Providing users real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters.
By bringing together emergency information from over 20 official sources and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
- View information on the map or in a list
- Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
- National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
- Links provided back to the official source of information provided
- Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
- Share information via your social media networks
- Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
Upgrade to paid version for:
- Multiple watch areas
- Additional watch area extended options
- Access emergency information in more than one State
Emergency AUS empowers the public to share comments and photos of emergency situations in real-time to help keep others informed. Observations of an emergency situation that you share or receive on issues including blocked roads, fire location, flood water depth, wind intensity can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
- Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
- Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
- All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
- Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell).
- Observation categories include incident observations, damage and loss observations and community to community support.
- Share observations via your social media networks
- Set a watch areas to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
- Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warnings validity to your watch areas.
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided from Emergency AUS, and remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE, powered by RIPE Intelligence.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network. Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
RED uses information from The Home Front Command website which is updated in real-time and is pushed to your device when an alert is issued in your area.
When the alarm is issued you will receive a push notification and it's details will be displayed for 10 minutes according to the safety guidelines published by The Home Front Command.
You can easily choose between either receiving alerts only for your area or all the areas.
Other features and goodies:
- Alerts are PUSHED to your device! Other apps poll constantly causing battery drain. Save energy and use RED.
- You can see all the latest alerts from the last 10 minutes on a map (from around the country).
- More features are in the works for the upcoming version. Stay tuned!
RED was built as a non-profit project.
Feel free to visit us and give us your feedback so we can make it better suit your needs:
Disasters can occur anywhere, at any time. Alberta Emergency Alerts provide you with critical information about immediate disasters, where the disasters are occurring and what action you can take to better prepare yourself.
Alerts are distributed to the public through various outlets including:
• Radio and television
• RSS Feed
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Road Signage
• Alberta Emergency Alert App
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Stop ● Listen ● Respond
- Local News, Sports, and Opinion
- Geo-location-based Weather
- Traffic Conditions
- Lottery results
- Share articles via e-mail, Facebook, and Twitter
- Submit photos, videos and news tips
The NDTV app brings you news stories and videos live from the NDTV studios in India. Award-winning journalists and technology combine to report on Politics, Business, Cricket, Sports, Food, Entertainment and Bollywood. You can also get live cricket scores and track the stock markets
With the NDTV News App, you can also report for NDTV iWitness, just use your phone to send us what you’re seeing
• Breaking news, top stories, India, world, business, sports news and more
• Full coverage of news events
• City news, weather and popular stories
• Share via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
Watch & View
• Daily video updates from the world of news, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, business, gadgets and health
• Top videos from all categories, most popular and the best of NDTV
• Photo galleries and slideshows
Live Video & Audio Stream
• NDTV 24x7
• NDTV India
• NDTV Profit
• NDTV Good Times
• The all new way to connect with NDTV
• Follow TV shows: post your questions real time, rate other questions and decide what the anchor should ask next
• Know more about the anchors
• Share your opinion for the debate on air
* Permission for "Phone state" is required to turn off radio during a phone call
1. A source. Choose from one of the pre-configured sources such as CNN, Fox News, People Magazine, ESPN, Car and Driver, Engadget, and many more, or add your own source. My News Alerts can monitor any web site or blog with an RSS feed.
2. One or more keywords to watch for
3. Alert type: play a sound, vibrate, flash your phone’s notification light, and/or display an icon and message on your phone or tablet’s status bar. You choose the alert type that best fits your lifestyle.
Whenever a new story appears that contains your chosen keywords, My News Alerts will let you know. Since you may not want to keep up-to-date 24/7, you can configure My News Alerts to not bother you at night or on weekends. My News Alerts has been carefully designed to minimize impact on your phone’s battery life. It runs on Android phones, tablets, and Google TV devices.