- Breaking News Alerts
- Local News
- Local Sports
- Full Article Search
- Local Garage Sales and Directions
RED uses information from The Home Front Command website which is updated in real-time and is pushed to your device when an alert is issued in your area.
When the alarm is issued you will receive a push notification and it's details will be displayed for 10 minutes according to the safety guidelines published by The Home Front Command.
You can easily choose between either receiving alerts only for your area or all the areas.
Other features and goodies:
- Alerts are PUSHED to your device! Other apps poll constantly causing battery drain. Save energy and use RED.
- You can see all the latest alerts from the last 10 minutes on a map (from around the country).
- More features are in the works for the upcoming version. Stay tuned!
RED was built as a non-profit project.
Feel free to visit us and give us your feedback so we can make it better suit your needs:
Disasters can occur anywhere, at any time. Alberta Emergency Alerts provide you with critical information about immediate disasters, where the disasters are occurring and what action you can take to better prepare yourself.
Alerts are distributed to the public through various outlets including:
• Radio and television
• RSS Feed
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Road Signage
• Alberta Emergency Alert App
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Stop ● Listen ● Respond
Read the day’s top stories and breaking news from the industry’s best sources, hand-picked by our editors. Plus, easily stay updated on any topic you care about, from global events to your local news.
Read articles aggregated from the industry’s best sources and from your local news, curated by our editors. Explore World, Technology, Politics, Money, Entertainment, Sports, Crime, and Offbeat categories from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Washington Post, BBC, CNN, and more.
Follow topics you care about— like your favorite sports team, celebrity, or gadget. Sign in to save your preferences.
Stay up-to-date with breaking news alerts.
Share your favorite articles, videos, and photos with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, text, or email.
Automatically sync your favorite topics across MSN News on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the news you want to read.
Swipe left or right to read the next article. Tap the menu to explore Headlines, My Topics, Local, and Videos.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Emergency AUS delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia. The ‘must have’ app for all Australians and visitors to help you get informed and stay up-to-date with emergencies that can impact you and your loved ones.
Providing you with real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations™ to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters. By bringing together emergency information from over 25 emergency service agencies and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
• View information on the map or in a list
• Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
• Filter lists and map display by incident status, warning level or State/Territory
• National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
• Links to the official information sources provided
• Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
• Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including:
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
• Map Overlays to display:
- Rain Radar
- Fire perimeters
- Cyclone impact projections
- Thunderstorm tracker
- Fire Danger Ratings
- Warning areas
- Total Fire Ban coverage
Emergency AUS empowers you to capture, record and share information about emergency conditions impacting you. By sharing real-time observations, you help keep others informed which can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
• Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
• Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
• All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
• Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell)
• Observation categories include:
- Incident Observations
- Damage Observations
- Community Support
- Weather Events or Hazards
• Set a watch area to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
• Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warning’s validity to your watch areas
• Variable shaped watch areas – once registered on www.emergencyaus.info, you can draw any shape to define your watch area to ensure you only receive information relevant to you
• View your watch areas on the incident map
• Choose whether to receive only warning, incident or all notifications
• On the road, on the move, on holidays? Receive notifications for emergency events based on the location of your mobile device
• Once activated, Emergency AUS v2 will send you information on emergency incidents and warnings close to you anywhere in Australia
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided by Emergency AUS. Always remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network.
Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
OVER 30 MILLION DOWNLOADS!
Download the only FREE news app that gives you the power to customize how you want to view the latest headlines, sports scores, RSS news articles, Facebook posts, Tweets, YouTube videos and content. All in one beautifully designed magazine style layout!
Socialife is more than just your average news and magazine app. Socialife can be personalized and offer news and content from over 2000 different sources available 24/7 on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Whether it's art, culture, music, food, photography, sports, local or global breaking news… Socialife has it all.
★ Up to the minute updates on sports, news and articles
★ Pull in your Facebook and Twitter accounts for one seamless user experience
★ Easily bookmark news, articles and content to save and view later
★ “Bookmark” interesting content and read it later.
★ Share what you want with your friends and network
★ Sync up your Socialife account across multiple devices for a seamless experience
★ Organize different content and categories according to your personal preferences - whether it be breaking news, world news, social media, food & drink, entertainment, technology, music, games, fashion and more!
★ Over 250 Socialife News partners include Fox News, Financial Times, Huffington Post, Mashable, The Verge, TechCrunch, Gizmodo and more
★ Import RSS feeds from all over the web
★ **NEW** - now supports Galaxy, Nexus, HTC One, Moto, XPERIA devices running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and later for smartphones.
★ Optimized for Smartphone and Tablets
Sony Socialife - Get access to all the information you want and need in one location. Discover new trends and interesting topics and add them to your feed using the “Add Feeds” feature. Use the “Headline” feature to mark what is important to you. Don’t have time to read it now? That’s okay, bookmark it and read it later on. This app was designed for viewers to get a quick snapshot of today’s events and news and then save it to view whenever they want.
A partial list of available News, Entertainment, Technology and other interesting content available in the Socialife App:
World News & Local News
New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Fox News, Huffington Post, NPR, AOL, Worldcrunch
Sport24, SB Nation, NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL
ComicsAlliance, Euro Gamer, Perez Hilton, Oatmeal, FilmDrunk, Polyvore, Etsy, StarCrush, Boombox, Sony Xperia Blog, PlayStation official news
Food & Drinks
Saveur, Kokken 69, Good Food, Thrillist, Latina Food
Financial Times, Business Insider, Daily Finance, Planet Money, Motley Fool
TechCrunch, Mashable, The Verge, The Next Web, Townsquare Media, Maximum PC
Fashionfreax, Thrillist Media, Fashionista, Temptalia, Polyvore
Art & Culture
Design Milk, Juxtapoz, Huffington Post, Art & Life
MTV, Baeble Music, RCA Records, Diffuser, Rock Music Report
New with this version of the app :
This version offers the option of communicating the information via SMS, in addition to email. It also translates key information from French to English and vice-versa. Minor bug fixes. And improved compatibility with more recent iOS.
The Child Alert application allows you to easily piece together a complete description of your child’s identity that you will carry with you at all times in your cellular phone. The application allows you to record numerous pictures and to enter a detailed description of your child. Furthermore, at a frequency of your choosing, the application prompts you to update the stored information so that the file is constantly kept up to date. In the event of an emergency, the file stored on your smart phone, including pictures and description, can be emailed quickly to proper authority thereby allowing you to gain precious time and consequently permitting authorities to treat the emergency much more expeditiously.
Child Alert is an indispensable application for all parents.
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.