Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won't need cell coverage when navigating.
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. It also has some additional content available as an in app purchase:
-Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) from $9.99 each. Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
-GMU boundaries in some states
-Lake Contours in WA,CT,MN
-Content from US TrailMaps for $15.99, including:
-ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps,
See these in the menu under More-> "Purchasing AddOns". They can be shown on top of topo maps.
You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
USGS Color Aerial photography
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
Topo maps of New Zealand
Japan GSI maps.
Many of the Above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS adventures in the backcountry.
Use for geocaching by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or find your way back to camp with GPS.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
Doing recon for a hunt or a live hunting trip.
Fishing: mark your favorite fishing spots and navigate with GPS.
Search and Rescue (SAR).
Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
Kayak and canoe trips on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests to navigate on trails with the GPS. Have this in your rucksack or backpack.
Snow adventures including snowmobiling, skiing and snowshoeing.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for allsports for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been previously available on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin Montana GPS, Garmin Etrex GPS, or the Garmin Oregon GPS. Android can be your handheld GPS.
IF IT DOES NOT RUN IN YOUR PHONE: Mail me. We 'll fix :)
NEW ADS MODE: Click once, then ads vanish for the rest of the session! Click and support me!
LANGUAGES: English, Greek, French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Arabic and Polish.
* Improved graphics
* Augmented Reality for waypoints
* NMEA TCP Server
* Track categories
* Waypoint categories
* Better compass and direction systems
* Supports map rotation
* Supports Google Directions, Google Geocoding and Google Elevation requests
* Debugging GPS functions and Simulation track mode
* Tracks/Waypoints (compatible with Turbo GPS 1)
* Unlimited waypoints, tracks, sensors, satellites
* Import from LOC,GPX,KML
* Export to LOC,GPX,KML,KMZ
* Google maps
* NMEA TCP Server
* OpenStreet maps
* TGPS maps
* DropBox Support
* Custom GPS provider support (including Bluetooth external GPS)
* Can download directions from Google Maps
* Internet Pursuit. Requires a response format of x y z (space separated), for example 25.95 23.05 13
* Internet tracking, posts current position to a PHP script.
* GREEK GR87 (ΕΓΣΑ87 ΕΓΣΑ) Grid.
If you have any issues, please contact me. If you first leave negative star rating and then you contact me, you will be simply ignored.
* Manage/Use Accounts and Credentials for Google Drive.
* Camera access for augmented reality.
* Record audio to be able to record messages while capturing waypoints.
* Check Phone State so PayPal donation and Registration can be checked.
* Change Wifi State so it can save your wifi networks as waypoints.
* Read/Write external storage so it can write information to your SD card.
* Read/Write contacts, so it can associate GPS positions with your contacts
* Access Internet/Wifi/Network state so things like OpenStreetMaps and GoogleMaps can work.
* Access Fine/Coarse location, so it gets a fix :)
* Access Mock location so it can access my Bluetooth GPS Provider (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.turboirc.bgp.v1)
❧❧❧❧❧ Dashboard ❧❧❧❧❧
Shows navigation values such as: Accuracy, Altitude, Speed, Battery, Bearing, Climb, Course, Date, Declination, Distance, ETA, Latitude, Longitude, Max Speed, Min Speed, Actual Speed, True Speed, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Moon Phase, Target, Time, TTG, Turn.
❧❧❧❧❧ Compass ❧❧❧❧❧
Show the orientation of the earth's magnetic field, shows an arbitrary tracking angle and the current target. Also a marine orienteering compass.
❧❧❧❧❧ Tracks ❧❧❧❧❧
Record tracks and view them on map. Export KML files and import into Google Maps, Google Earth and others.
❧❧❧❧❧ Routes ❧❧❧❧❧
Manage routes and view them on map. Import KML files from Google Maps, Google Earth and others. Create turn-by-turn instructions between waypoints.
❧❧❧❧❧ Camera ❧❧❧❧❧
A camera HUD (heads-up display) view to show your waypoints, take pictures and share them.
❧❧❧❧❧ Map ❧❧❧❧❧
A map to show your waypoints. Convert mail addresses of your contacts to waypoint so that they can be used within the app.
Supports Google Maps, MapQuest, OpenStreetMap and others.
❧❧❧❧❧ Waypoints ❧❧❧❧❧
A list of all your waypoints with export and import (KML and GPX format).
❧❧❧❧❧ Satellites ❧❧❧❧❧
A sky view of the current positions that shows satellites in view.
❧❧❧❧❧ Features ❧❧❧❧❧
Supported position formats: UTM, MGRS, OSGB, Degree-Minute-Second, Degree-Minute-Fractions, Decimal, Mils. Supports over 230 datums.
Waypoints, routes and tracks can be exported as KML or GPX files and sent by email or uploaded to Google Docs or DropBox.
Please open the web page below for more info, send me emails for support. I CANNOT HELP IF YOU SIMPLY PLACE A COMMENT HERE.
Purchase the "GPS Essentials Donation Plugin" on Android Market if you want to support development.
The latest beta release is available at http://www.gpsessentials.com for download. Try out the latest features and help us improve GPS Essentials!
If you are on Facebook, come and join GPS Essentials for the latest info: http://www.gpsessentials.com
THIS APP WILL SHOW ADVERTISING. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INSTALLING/UPDATING.
GPS Essentials is not affiliated with any political party nor with any other organization mentioned in the ads, and it has no connection with any economic interests. If you don't like the ads, please contact AdMob.
WHAT ARE THE PERMISSIONS GOOD FOR?
✓ Coarse/Fine location: To access network locations and GPS
✓ Full internet access: To read map tiles, send bug reports
✓ Modify/delete USB storage contents: To write waypoints, tracks and images onto the SD card
✓ Read phone state and identity: To tag pictures with the device ID (can be switched off in settings)
✓ Take pictures and videos: Camera HUD, take pictures
GPS outdoor navigation app that is packed with features. View topo maps offline, track your route, hunt geocaches, use a voice guide and do even more...
- Explore new places
- Download cycling and hiking maps for offline use
- Plan your geocaching adventure
- Save you favorite routes and places
- Save your battery with smart GPS system
- Import your own tracks and points
- Enjoy new and improved features every month
and much more
“There’s no question that Locus is an outstanding Android map app. It works as it should, the interface is clean, map selection is good, and feature set is solid. “ androgeoid.com
“This app is very impressive in terms of the amount of options, functions, maps and other cool stuff that it has to offer.” androidpit.com
AndroidPIT silver badge
Do you like hiking, cycling, running or backpacking? Or any other outdoor activity like backcountry skiing? Locus Map is for you. Download it for free today!
Most notable features of Locus Map:
➤ Online maps
- USGS, GSI, Openstreetmap, MapQuest, Visicom, Kapsi.fi, Turistautak, SHOCart, SmartMaps, Freemap, SledMap, Skoterleder, , Navigasi, Turaterkep, NzTopoMaps, Osmapa.pl, ChartBundle and more
- most of them are downloadable for offline viewing
- full WMS maps support
➤ Offline maps
- download online maps for offline use
- vector maps for drivers, hikers, cyclists and skiers - downloadable by in-app purchase
- supported formats: SQLite, TAR maps, MBT maps, GEMF, RMAP, Orux, SmartMaps
- create your own maps from OpenStreetMap data or custom themes
- for an address, coordinates, points of interests and local photos
- for local places with Google Places and Wikipedia
➤ Point of interest (POI) & Tracks
- handle unlimited number of Points of interests and tracks
create your own points of interests and tracks
organize to categories
- use Geocaching Live! service and add-ons to get full offline experience when you search for caches
- waypoints, PocketQuery, trackables, spoilers supported
- Do you have Groundspeak premium membership? Enjoy unlimited support for geocaching.com. You don’t have it? With Locus Map Free, Pro and its addons you can download 3 caches a day or import them from somewhere else.
➤ Track record
- record the way you want
- custom themes for maps – color changing with altitude or with speed
- support for ANT+ sensors
➤ Voice navigation & voice guide
- full support for Online voice navigation
- voice & notification guiding on single waypoint (by compass or on the map) and along the route
- integration of GPS’s, Breadcrumbs, Trainingstagebuch, Street View, Google Earth and others
- KML, KMZ, GPX, OpenAir, DXF support
- smart GPS usage that saves your battery
- satellite screens with current weather situation
- GPS status notification
- Bluetooth GPS support
➤ Highly customizable
- set everything the way you want and need
➤ Integration of Google My Maps (reading and editing)
➤ POI alert
➤ Fully customizable trip computer (dashboard)
➤ Ability to use apps like c:geo, Sygic, GPS status and others directly from Locus
➤ API for developers
➤ Try one of our existing 3rd party add-ons
- for geocaching: Geocaching4Locus, GeoGet database, GSAK database
- others: Augmented reality, Foursquare, etc.
Is cycling, hiking, running or backpacking your thing? You’ll love Locus Map!
Download the free version now or buy the PRO version to gain access to premium features.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
★ Waypoint and Trail Management Systems.
★ Waypoint File System (new in version 7.1).
★ Waypoint photography
★ Online and offline maps. Cache maps for offline use. Choose maps from multiple sources: Topo Maps, Google Maps, Satellite Maps, OpenStreetMaps- MapNik, Mapquest, Cycling Maps and OpenSeaMap.
★ KML file importing and exporting for trails and waypoints. Your exported data will be viewable and navigable on your friend's devices and in Google Earth.
★ A panel for all your GPS parameters.
★ Navigational compasses.
★ Trail Recorder.
★ Several waypoint creation tools: Enter coordinates, set a waypoint by tapping on a map, save your current position or enter an address (voice entry supported).
★ Two Waypoint Guidance Systems including a dynamic waypoint compass that always points to your target and a new navigation concept- GPS Reflected Pseudo-Radar (available only from DS Software).
★ Trail Guidance System.
★ Map Search: Supports entry of addresses and coordinates in just about any format including UTM and MGRS.
★ Satellite reports including satellite signal bar graphs and satellite position mapping.
★ Email a map of your position. Navigation software not required on recipient's device.
★ Seamless integration with Google Earth.
★ Odometer / Speedometer / Estimated Time of Arrival / Time Remaining.
★ Data reporting for marine navigation.
★ Supports several coordinate formats: Latitude/Longitude as degrees, deg:min or deg:min:sec, UTM, MGRS.
★ Proximity alerts.
★ Altitude determined from your position matched to altitude values in land survey databases providing you with values that are more reliable than altitude values returned from your device's GPS chip.
★ Map with floating reticule that shows your position with bearing and distance to reticule.
★ Sunrise Sunset report- Does not require a network connection. Useful for planning expedition turn around time or time to make camp.
★ Data is backed up allowing battery change without data loss.
This premium navigation system is ad-free
★ Check out our YouTube product demo at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9dGhZG73s
- Turn-by-turn driving directions and driving maps.
- You decide how compasses are controlled- By GPS or magnetically. Use magnetic control for indoors, underground or in caves.
- Customized unit reporting: Units reported as either U.S or SI/Metric
- Full control over timer functions and a database recovery/reset option.
- Detailed Help file
- Excellent customer service
- Supports multiple languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (traditional and simplified).
With GPS Waypoints Navigator, every navigation experience will be as easy as a walk in the park!
★ Recent Additions ★
V.6.32- ADDED AN OPTION TO HIDE THE MENU BAR FROM ALL SCREENS AND A MAGNETIC COMPASS SENSITIVITY CONTROL
V.6.10- MARINE MARKERS
V.5.90- WAYPOINT PHOTOGRAPHY
V.5.74- MAP SEARCH
V.5.71- CREATE A WAYPOINT BY ENTERING AN ADDRESS (VOICE OR KEYBOARD). VIEW APPROXIMATE ADDRESS FOR CURRENT POSITION.
V.5.60- More offline map types and easier to swap maps. View waypoints on any map.
-Users now have the option to chose Satellite, United States Geologic Survey location based altitude or Mapquest's Altitude Service for altitude reporting. USGS and Mapquest data are generally more accurate but require a network connection. USGS available only in contiguous U.S.A, Canada and Mexico.
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
Save and retrieve landmarks, share them with your friends. Track your path, get advanced statistics and interactive graphics. You won't have anymore questions about what you can accomplish.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...
Don't hesitate, try the free Lite version right now!
Note: IGN Top25(c) and OSGB Explorer(c) maps are available in the old MemoryMap(c) QCT format, but NOT included with the application.
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum: http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered).
Do not use comments for that: we cannot answer!
Key features are:
*** Maps ***
• Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers (road names and hills shading);
• Get more online maps and layers in one click from the included community map list (Nokia maps, USGS Topo, ...);
• Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
• On-board offline maps support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible, test your maps using the free version first);
• Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
*** Landmarks ***
• Full GPX support (display/browse/create/edit of waypoints, routes and tracks);
• KML, KMZ and LOC files support;
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes and areas creator;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
*** Geolocation / Orientation ***
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass and target finder;
• Built-in GPS/Barometric Tracker (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
• Full screen map view;
• Longitude/Latitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, USNG, MGRS, OSGB, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from www.spatialreference.org;
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
EFFECTIVE Navigation. Maps are stored on the phone for offline use
FREE updates for both app and maps.
FREE license for OpenStreetMap and 7-DAYS TRIAL for commercial licenses and traffic.
QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE
* open be-on-road navigation
* on some devices you will be ask to choose the installation folder
* wait until application finishes downloading and installing data
* choose application language and speaker for voice guidance, you can also register your e-mail address if you wish
* in the "Serial numbers" menu click on the "+" button
* enter your purchased serial number/s or alternatively click on one of the trial licenses whose functionality is limited to 7 days (you don't need to activate all of them) or on unlimited license for OpenStreetMaps (free maps)
* after successful activation of serial number, the "Download" will be opened
* choose maps you want to install - you can only install maps that have a serial number activated
* click on the "Refresh" button in the bottom-right corner to start download and installation
* close "Download" menu and start using be-on-road navigation when installation is finished
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* GPX and/or KML files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts - used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Activities are organized into the following categories:
* Search - Find new Placemarks by address, or coordinates.
* My Location - Center or mark your place quickly, toggle Real/Mock location, Search nearby, and Share your location.
* Layers - Allows you to toggle the visibility of My Location, Placemarks, Satellite, Traffic, Track, and Route layers.
* Placemarks - View list, Center, Change location, use as Mock location, Navigate to, Route to, Search nearby, Street View, and Share
* Routes - View list, Change color, Details, Hide, Show and Share
* Tracks - View list, Start/Stop Recording, Change color, Graph, Tour on Google Earth, View at Human, Land, and Plane speed, and Share
* Images - View list, set Default for Marker, Import as a Marker, Import location from Image
* Markers - View list, Edit/Delete/Hide/Show groups of Placemarks, Markers created for each Import
* Compass Mode - All visible layers rotate instead of My Location arrow rotating towards north
* Copyright - All the legal copyright and disclosure stuff
* Data Management - Import/Export/Manage data
* Help - A quick introduction, the FAQ, and links to other helpful content about GPS Map
* Preferences - Adjust update time, long press time, the visibility of various items and features
Use almost any image from your Camera, Gallery, or file browsing app to create a Marker for a Placemark on the map. Images containing location information can be imported as Placemarks with their image as the Marker on the map.
GPS Map has the following features:
* Easy to search for a location by address, placemark name, or latitude, longitude.
* Import/Export your Placemarks - GPSMap GPS, Garmin CSV, Geocode GEO, Google Earth/Google Maps KML,GPS Exchange GPX filesand TomTom ASCII
* Imports the location and image from a photograph to create a Placemark on the map with the Image as the Marker
* Able to view Placemarks, Routes and Tracks with Google Earth
* Able to be taken to Google Street View for a Placemark (if available)
* Able to use Placemarks to start a navigation app like Google Navigation
* Export to Google Drive Fusion Tables with an active Gmail account
* Creates Tours for Google Earth based upon your recorded Track
Works best with:
* Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Street View installed.
GPS location service enabled.
Visit https://sites.google.com/site/wrightkeith/gpsmap/ for more information.
Try Family GPS Tracker to:
✓See where family members are right now
✓Share free cross-platform family messages
✓Know when kids leave school, Grandma’s…
✓Receive alert if they go where it’s not safe
✓In need send/receive SOS with exact location
✓Find them in park with augmented reality
✓Geofence a place to know when they get there
✓Be notified if they leave chosen location
✓Check-in to tell others where you are
✓Navigate there (works best with Sygic GPS Navigation)
✓Reveal location only to people you trust
Family GPS Tracker was created by parents like you:
✓Designed as an easy tool for you & your kids
✓Even if you are busy it keeps you in touch
✓Privacy of your family is top concern for us
✓High quality positioning is guaranteed
✓Battery consumption optimized for daily use
✓Invisble mode for parents - administrators
✓Only a parent- administrator can manage family members and safe/un-safe zones
Family GPS Tracker needs to check your position regularly so it may take up-to 11% of your battery life.
Note: For Family GPS Tracker to function properly Location services must be turned on.
Give Family GPS Tracker a try and tell us what you think.
Sygic | Bringing life to maps
Two full-fledged apps in one:
Navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
Worldwide Travel Map (OSM).
skobbler NGx cutting-edge map technology.
Your choice for maps and navigation: online or offline.
Entire countries also utilizable without internet access.
One country included in package for offline use.
Various search functions.
All (!) functions also accessible offline.
This is what you get with GPS Navigation & Maps.
So - now for the gloss :-)
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionality such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more is of course included. Entirely online or offline (see below).
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* With GPS Navigation & Maps you need worry no more about orientation. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, OpenStreetMap is available to you everywhere.
And you can choose where you want to use it online and where offline. Online, the entire map is continuously available. One entire country is included in the package for offline use. You can enhance this within the app with almost 1000 additions (cities, countries, continents). Download each area (ideally in a WLAN) so you always have it with you, even without internet connection, so you can use it to its full extent. Also included are all cities and their street maps. The map is always seamless. You never need to switch between several maps.
SKOBBLER NGX TECHNOLOGY: TOP GRAPHICS, ROUTE CALCULATIONS, VARIOUS PRESENTATION TYPES AND NO OFFLINE HALF-MEASURES
* GPS Navigation & Maps includes skobbler's innovative NGx map technology. So you get maps that look great and move, zoom and turn with unrivalled fluidity. Simply touch the map for slightly longer to interact with individual points on the map. You will never get a blurred image or useless empty 'map-loading' tiles.
Instead, you get different map styles (e.g. night, outdoor) and a route planner for vehicles and pedestrians. Something else you won't find anywhere else: all functions can be used both online and offline (in installed map areas).
* Full-fledged navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
* Completely interactive OpenStreetMap
* One single map with global coverage
* Full functionality with and (after installation) without Internet connection (online and offline)
* Installability of entire countries inc. their city maps (WLAN recommended)
* Ongoing free map updates
* High-performance map technology (NGx)
* Route planner (vehicle, pedestrian)
* Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
* Various search functions
* IdeaLog for feedback to developers
* Convenient favorites lists
* Optional synchronization of favorites using the web portal maps.skobbler.com
So GPS Navigation & Maps is the perfect companion when you are on the move. Wherever you are. Maps as you need and want them. To do this the app uses the maps of the superb OpenStreetMap (http://openstreetmap.org).
Experience for yourself what more than one million mapping enthusiasts worldwide have made possible with OpenStreetMap and have the skobbler maps quality (http://maps.skobbler.com) at your fingertips at any time.
A waypoint can be created using the device's current location or the user can enter the grid reference manually through the "create waypoint" dialog. In addition, the app now is able to create a new waypoint when the user long press on the GPS map.
The app comes with an App Widget that provides you the latest location reading received by the MGRS GPS app.The widget can be displayed on the home screen as well as the lock screen (lock screen widget requires Android version 4.2 and above).
- map view with info docks - track, profile, route, way point. gps info
- different gps sources: internal gps, internal with NMEA, bluetooth gps direct, gpsd over Wifi/3G, NMEA file
- collecting track data
- show routes or tracks in up/down hill colors
- export tracks to GPX, KML, IGC, OVL format
- import route data - GPX, TCX or KML format
- import, export way points - GPX or KML format
- import areas from KML format
- use a kml.txt format to send exports direct via bluetooth
- design a route or an area on the map
- off road routing along the line
- online maps - pool editable
- offline maps - OSZ format build by MobileAtlasCreator (http://mobac.sourceforge.net/)
- offline maps - SQLite formats mbtiles and sqlitedb build by MobileAtlasCreator and/or Maperitive
- offline maps - BSB3 format for marine navigation (needs Android 2.2 or higher)
- offline maps - NV digital for marine navigation (OS >= Android 2.2)
- offline maps - mapsforge vector file format (needs Android 2.2 or higher) - with extra xml layouts usable
- use offline maps from jpg, png or bmp files
- use offline maps with calibration file map, gmi, kml, kal, cal, pwm or jpr format
- seamless maps display when using OSZ or SQLite tile container
- map selector to have quick access to available offline maps
- map scan for a defined folder and sub folder
- map overlays - pool editable
- map offline overlays - in mbtiles 'overlay' format
- virtual map center on multi tracking or waypoint and position
- wind indicator for the map center
- display depth - if available
- display AIS information - if availble
- copy way points to route
- revers routes
- altitude correction (automatic or manual)
- pressure usable for altitude (if available)
- NMEA logging to disk - with filter
- online position sending for live tracking
- short message position sending
- short message position receiving
- short message from GPS tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102 clones, DNT, ELRO, GEODOG or SmartcomGps
- text storage for short messages e.g. for Xexun tracker
- collecting short messages to a track - single or multi tracking
- getting way point positions from a GpsGate server
- set anchor alarm for the current position
- set anchor alarm for a way point that receives positions from a gps tracker
- save and restore settings
Minimum Android version: 2.1
Android Market and/or Google account: -
Third-party libraries: -
Rooted device: -
Please send remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: gps, gpsd, nmea, bluetooth, tracking, tracker, pet tracker, POI, AIS, way point, hiking, biking, sailing, maps, Google maps, OpenStreetMap, OpenSeaMap, osm, bing maps, offline maps, NV-digital, BSB3, BSB, GPX, KML, offline, offroad, outdoor, offshore
To contact us or make your views heard please use forum.mapfactor.com as Google Play does not allow us to answer your comments or queries.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras
* add your own favourite locations and routes
* routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
* route avoidance - block off certain road from your route
------------ OpenStreetMap data ------------
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom Postcode - Ordnance Survey
Antigua And Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
St Pierre And Miquelon
Turks And Caicos Islands
Trinidad And Tobago
United States of America
Wallis And Futuna
Democratic Republic Of Timor Leste
Union Of Myanmar
United Arab Emirates
Federated States Of Micronesia
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Sao Tome And Principe
United Republic Of Tanzania
If you're looking for an excellent gps tracker, if you're a fan of action sports and long distance travel - this app is for you!
Record tracks of your trips and share them with your friends!
Geotracker can help:
- making the reverse journey in an unfamiliar area without getting lost
- tell your friends how to repeat your route
- use someone else's route that is stored in GPX or KML
- mark important or interesting points of your trip.
The application is able to record, even when switched off. Very long tracks could be recorded without problems - you are limited by storage memory only. Recorded tracks are saved in GPX or KML format, so they can be used in certain applications such as Ozi Explorer or Google Earth.
When showing track on the map, the application keeps device backlight, which simplifies track navigation usage.
GeoTracker is based on public API of Yandex.Maps, so in trips over Russia and CIS countries you'll have the most detailed map of the area.
Application can calculate track statistics - boldly show off your achievements to your friends :)
- Max & average speed on the track;
- Time and average speed moving;
- Max & min altitude, altitude difference;
- Vertical distance, ascent & speed;
- Min, max & average slope;
There are also some fine charts of speed & elevation;
***If you have a proposal how to enchance the application or faced some problem - please feel free to contact me: email@example.com. Thanks!***
1. So get the location here for free. And it's a brilliant way to amaze your friends. Fake GPS your phone number to find where you are. This prank app here is to make a fool of your friend. Just show your friend this app and make a joke.
2. Phone Number GPS Locate supports to get where your phone is at any time. Install the Phone Number GPS Locate app on your phone. Phone Number GPS Locate is a free Android tool for lost or stolen phones. Using a GPS technology. It provides fake highly accurate locations for lost or stolen devices, and will work on any Android device.
Open the GPS network to support better use, which you can do in the setting. Enter the number in the blank bar and click the searching button.
Get a location indicator of longitude and latitude.
Fake crack your position by GPS your phone number. You can make fun of your friends with this fake app for free here.
1. This free app needs to support GPS to get better use. (FAKE)
2. The main function of this free app is input contact phone number to find the location of target. (FAKE)
3. Please don?¡¥t use this app to do some illegal or commercial purposes. We are not responsible for any responsibility.
4. All functions in this app are faked and information offered are not true. Please do not use this information to have a trip! You can use it to play jokes on All Foolish Day!
Find the location with the phone number. It is easy and convenient to use, right? Just need to import the phone number and search for it.
MORE FROM WIKI:
The Global Positioning System (GPS) can be a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there could be an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.