IV Therapy Helper accurately sets a flow rate and simply checks a current flow rate.
IV Therapy Helper calculates a ① flow rate, ② drug dosage to mix into fluid in compliance with the prescribed rate of drug administration.
Moreover, IV Therapy Helper converts the flow rate in accordance with the rate of drug administration.
█ Functions and Features
1. Set a flow rate
- IV therapy helper calculates drip intervals in any forms of prescriptions such as mL/hr, drops/min or the fluid volume (mL) and time duration (hr, min) in IV therapy and generates an auditory indicator(a clicking sound) like a metronome in music to help set drip intervals at the actually prescribed rates.
2. Check a flow rate
- IV Therapy Helper shows a current flow rate (mL/hr) or drip rate (drops/min) by simply tapping on an assigned screen above 5 consecutive times while each drop is falling into the drip chamber.
3. Calculate a flow rate
- IV Therapy Helper calculates the flow rate in compliance with the prescribed rate of drug administration [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute] and finally help users set the flow rate.
4. Calculate a drug dosage to mix into fluid
- IV Therapy Helper calculates a drug dosage and quantities of ampoules to mix into fluid according to the prescribed rate of drug administration [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute] and finally help users set the flow rate.
5. Concentration conversion
-Moreover, IV Therapy Helper converts the flow rate in accordance with the rate of drug administration.
6. Treatment time and timer
- IV Therapy Helper calculates residual treatment time and shows real time information of it with alarm sounds at the end of IV therapy.
*IV Therapy Helper is developed for an educational purpose of IVIC (IV infusion controller), produced by HANVIT MD Ltd. Therefore, HANVIT MD Ltd. cannot accept any liability for any outcome that might arise during actual IV therapy with IV Therapy Helper. It is also recommended to seek the advice of a qualified professional with respect to any questions before clinical use.
*A part of IV Therapy Helper is protected by patent law. The unauthorized duplication or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. IV Therapy Helper application is recommended to set Air Plane Mode for protecting the electric disturbance.
- IV Drips
- Calculate Rate (mL/hr, gtt/min, mcg/kg/min to mL/hr, etc.)
- Rates without using IV pump, when given a time limit, handling medication such as norepinephrine and nitroglycerine, etc.
- Infusion time
- Dosage calculator for liquids, tablets, caplets, capsules, etc.
- Adjusted Body Weight (ABW)
- Body Surface Area (BSA)
- Ideal Body Weight (IBW)
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Interpreter
- Pediatric Dose
- Blood loss/volume
- Temperature Conversion (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin)
- Measurements (metric, gr, tsp, tbs, oz, cup, min, dr, inches, cm, feet, etc.)
- Weight Conversion (kilograms, pounds)
- % solution to mg/mL
- Usage for certain drugs and medication.
R Grubb says: ★★★★★I love you!!! Unbelievably simple. Unbelievably accurate. Unbelievably great. Unbelievably well worth the $5 I paid for this!!!
Kendig says: ★★★★★ Best app ever Just got the app a week ago ut a major fan of the site....used the app all weekend at my critical care transport......app is great flow and easy to use and stright foward ....cant wait to see what else they come out with
Matt says: ★★★★★ Awesome program! This program far exceeded my expectations and is great to confirm drip rates, especially as a field Medic at zero dark thirty. Keep up the good work!
OmniMedix was created by a practicing street medic with simple design that allows the user to calculate the proper medication infusion rate within seconds instead of fumbling through endless menus.
Agency protocols are different and medications in EMS come and go. The patent pending system behind OmniMedix is that it is the only calculator that allows the user to select the calculation to be performed based on infusion rates, not specific medications, which allows it to be used with virtually any medication. This allows it the versatility to be used in all clinical environments: EMS, Emergency Department, ICU, medical offices and even veterinary medicine.
Also included are weight and temperature conversions, common pediatric calculations, medication bolus calculations, and the Parkland Burn Formula for fluid resuscitation.
While most hospital units have IV pumps that take care of the drip rate, most EMS crews don’t, and are either left to calculate drips by hand or "titrate to effect". Even if you have the luxury of an IV pump, can you quickly and accurately calculate the correct drip rate by hand if your pump fails? Your patient’s life may depend on it! This app is a must have for anyone who administers IV medications, and is designed with those who rarely calculate drip rates in mind.
Directions for use: Select the concentration being utilized (mcg/min, mcg/kg/min, etc) to enter its menu. Enter the patient’s weight, the desired dose, medication concentration, and dripset being used. OmniMedix will display the proper flow rate in drops per minute, drops per second, and our proprietary “seconds per drop”, to simplify slower drip rates.
Content created by:
Cody Blount, BS, NREMT-P, FP-C
Send feedback to:
• 5 doses per day of 100mg/5mL solution of Morphine (IV/IM/SD), or
• 4 doses per day of Oxycodone 15mg (PO), or
• 1 patch per 3-day period of Fentanyl 25mcg/hr (TD)
The Morphine Equivalent Calculator also shows you the total MME for any given combination of common opioids and dosages.