Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget.
On Jelly Bean 4.2, Missed It! widgets can be placed on the system lockscreen. For previous versions of Android, you will need any lockscreen replacement application.
Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.
NTT DOCOMO SP-MODE USERS:
Some users reported that this application doesn't work with sp-mode mail. I don't know how this service works, but if it doesn't send any standard Android notification when new email is available, then Missed It! will be unable to handle them.
---- SAMSUNG USERS, READ BELOW BEFORE BUYING THIS APP ----
* Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
* If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
* Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
* Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
* Customization of the layout (alignments, padding, etc).
* Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
* Represent numbers as text.
* Compatible with WidgetLocker and Nova Launcher Prime Unread Counts feature. Both of these applications can use Missed It! as a provider for unread counters.
---- SAMSUNG USERS, PLEASE KEEP THIS INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE BUYING THIS APP ----
Enabling Missed It! or any other third-party application in Accessibility Services in some Samsung models (Galaxy S3, S4, Note) with TouchWiz launcher will cause some undesired effects. The easiest way to avoid them is to use another launcher (there are very good ones at Google Play for free). Or you can try the following fix: Before enabling Missed It!,disable both Google and Samsung Text-to-Speech to avoid your phone start providing voice notifications of all user actions: Go to System Settings -> Manage Applications -> All, search for both Samsung TTS and Google Text-To-Speech and tap on 'Disable' button.
More info: http://goo.gl/xJzWl
-- PERMISSIONS USED --
READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
WAKE_LOCK, to wake up the device on upcoming notifications.
NETWORK, for reports about application usage and crashes.
Are you interested in testing new features added to Missed It! before they are released to the general public? Join the Missed It! Beta Testers Community on Google+, and opt-in to receive Beta versions directly through Google Play:
Warning: Beta versions are only for testing purpouses, as they surely contain lot of bugs. Use them to give feedback on new features and bug fixes.
PLEASE ASK FIRST IN THE FORUMS!!!
Suggestions? You can make them through http://missedit.uservoice.com
Video courtesy of http://mycolorscreen.com
Follow @igece_labs on Twitter.