Arduino Manager is an app to control the Arduino board and receive information from it through:
* Arduino Ethernet Shield (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoEthernetShield)
* Arduino WiFi Shield (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoWiFiShield)
* RFduino BLE (http://http://www.rfduino.com)
The app shows a grid and tapping on it you can insert specialized widgets to send and receive information from Arduino.
Available widgets are:
* Display Widget: shows values coming from your Arduino (i.e. Temperature). It can show numbers with 0,1,2,3 decimal digits or rolling text. Double tap on it to show text or change the precision.
* LED Widget: shows a LED that can be turned on and off through digital values from Arduino. Double tap on a LED Widget to change LED's color.
* Switch Widget: sets a digital value to Arduino.
* Switch & LED Widget: a combination of the two previous widgets to save space when they are used together with the same variable.
* Push Button Widget: temporarily sets a digital value to Arduino. Double tap on the Push Button Widget to change the button color.
* Knob Widget: sets a non-digital value to Arduino.
* SD Widget: shows the list of files in the root of SD Card and selecting a file it shows the content.
* Graph Widget: graphs values in (almost) real time coming from your Arduino (e.g. instantaneous temperature). Double tap on it to zoom it in and change values range.
* Alarm Widget: configures an alarm on the Arduino board which is then fired at the desired time. The alarm is fired even if the iOS device is not connected and retained across power off - power on cycles.
* Sound Alarm Widget: sounds an alarm each time the associated condition is verified. Double tap it to configure the condition and the alarm to sound.
* Threshold Widget: allows setting a threshold to the Arduino board (e.g. the room temperature under which the board has to start an heater). Double tap on it to set the threshold's range and its actual value.
* Console Widget: helps the user to debug the Arduino code, receiving and displaying debugging messages.
Other widgets are available, please see the support site and documentation.
Each widget is associated with a variable (i.e. T), which is either written or read by the sketch running on the board. In this way the Android app can receive information from the Arduino board or control it.
The app can be easily connected to more boards (one at a time), to switch from one board to another tap on the Configuration Widget. User can easily manage different lists of widgets and switch among them in order to control different projects. Any widget list can be shared between own devices and/or other users, through an email message.
Three Arduino libraries are available to easily integrate your own projects with Arduino Manager. Libraries, related documentation, a demo sketch and a video tutorial are available for free at my site.
Arduino Manager has a Code Generator (available as In App purchase) which allows the user to generate the communication infrastructure between the Arduino board and iOS device and generate the code for each chosen widget in order to simplify the programming effort on Arduino board. All this in few steps.
PLEASE NOTE: Official Ethernet Shield and Ethernet Library or official WiFi Shield and WiFi Library ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO USE Arduino Manager.