You can save predefined text messages for people that you text frequently. Next time you want to send the text, open Quick Text, tap the person’s name, then tap the text message. The text is sent immediately and added to your chat history in the standard messaging app. If you put the QuickText icon on your Home screen, you can send a text in 3 quick taps rather than typing the message out every time.
You can type your own messages or choose from included common messages such as:
-I'm in a meeting and can't talk now. I'll get back to you.
-I'll be home soon.
-Do you need me to stop at the store for anything?
-What do you want to do this weekend?
Save time and typing with Quick Text!
QKSMS (pronounced Q-K-S-M-S) brings a refreshingly modern, beautiful and responsive touch to the stale state of text messaging. In a world with clunky default messaging apps and dated alternatives, QKSMS is something to get excited about. We’re making texting magical again.
We pay as much attention to detail in building QKSMS as you would in texting a crush after your first date: you’ll be making sure all your emojis and punctuation are in the right place, and we’ll be making sure you love every second of it.
Try QKSMS right now: Tap “Install” above.
* Theming: 19 beautiful colors to choose from.
* Night mode: Easy on your eyes, and (in some cases) your battery.
* QKReply: Reply to messages faster than ever.
* MMS: For when text just doesn’t cut it.
* Group messaging: So tell all your friends!
* No ads: We will never show ads. Ever.
* Literally anything else you want: We work on QKSMS every day of the week. If you have any ideas or feedback, join our Google+ community (see below) and help us make QKSMS even more incredible!
Q: This is incredible! I love you so much!
This isn’t a question, silly! But we love you too. Since we love you so much, we have a few nice features available for purchase! If you upgrade to QKSMS+, you’ll get:
* Theming upgrade: Over 150 additional colors!
* Automatic night mode: Automatically change to night mode at night time.
Q: Why isn’t MMS working?
MMS can be tricky to set up. QKSMS tries to auto-select settings for you, but if it doesn’t work try searching your carrier’s APN settings, and entering them in Settings > Advanced.
Q: What is this awesome Google+ community I keep hearing about?
Joining the Google+ community will give you access to the latest version of QKSMS+ before anyone else. Essentially you become somewhat of a tester for the app! Here's how to become a tester:
1. Request to join the Google+ community at https://plus.google.com/communities/113548623434189541823
2. Wait until you're accepted (usually within the day)
3. Visit the community page and click on the "Become a Tester" link near the top
4. Become a tester
5. Download the beta version of the app via the link at the bottom of that page
Q: Why does this look so similar to Textra?
Textra and QKSMS both follow the newly-released Material guidelines.  Additionally, QKSMS actually had the beautiful Material look long before Textra, as you can see in the announcement for Textra’s design update,  and by looking at this album of QKSMS mocks from June, months before the Textra design update.  Lastly, QKSMS still sets itself apart by paying closer attention to detail in transitions, animations, and visual design!
Textra features the new Lollipop Material Design look from Google. Fluid, intuitive and delightful!
★ Number 1 ranked SMS app
★ Highest rated at 4.5 stars
★ Smallest resource size at 3.5M
Comes with a bunch of great extra features like 800+ emoji's, heaps of theme colors, dark mode, floating Lollipop style notifications, scheduled SMS & MMS, delayed sending (stop while sending), slide to delete / call, quick snap camera, multi-select picture gallery, quick reply popup, better MMS GROUP messaging, audio messages and SMS blocker / blacklisting.
Plus 'oh so easy' default or per contact customization for bubble colors, signatures and notifications (icon color, led color, sound, vibrate, privacy, repeating and muting).
It's pretty special; try it, tell your friends, shout from the treetops, but most of all enjoy it!
Simple. Beautiful. Fast.
P.S works with Pushbullet and Android Wear for SMS Quick Replying.
★★★★★ Christian in March 2015
This app is smooth as butter. It's not bloated like Go SMS and Handcent. There are so many slick features, wow where do I start... Great work! It's simply gorgeous looking, feels so NOW with the material design colors. I never review apps, but this one is amazing, no more to say! The best SMS messenger app by far.
★★★★★ Dan in March 2015
The VERY best FREE messaging replacement for the stock app on the galaxy S4. SMS is fast, and group chat MMS works perfectly as well. I am on Sprint (which supports MMS over WiFi) and Textra is the ONLY third-party messaging app that works with MMS on WiFi!!!!!! Plus it's FREE, no ads. BUT you MUST uninstall other SMS apps first, as they can interfere with Textra. After I did that it was PERFECT.
NICE! Now works on Lollipop - no more hangouts for me!
★★★★★ Chase in March 2015
Simple. Beautiful. Fast. Even the dev's know their app is just that good plus it's free. Bar none, this is the best SMS/MMS replacement app I've ever used. As soon as I launched it the first time, I fell in love. Upon launch, Textra sets up all the technical stuff automatically in mere seconds. And boy, the speed doesn't stop there. I have about 60,000 texts. With my stock app, I'd have to sit there and wait forever for various hiccups and loading and blah blah blah... I've tried every other SMS replacement app I could find. Textra is the only one that handles all of them without skipping a beat. It also lets you customize settings for each contact. Bubble color, icon color, notification sound, vibrate pattern, LED color... everything I want. And it just works. I don't have to fight the app. Do yourself a favor and get Textra messenger now!
★★★★★ Andrew in March 2015
Excellent free alternative to stock messaging. The program just works. You can set notifications, bubble colors and even delivery reports per contact. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Textra is a seriously beautiful, feature rich SMS and MMS replacement app.
SECURE END-TO-END ENCRYPTION
Compared to other popular messaging apps (including those claiming to use encryption), even we as the server operator have absolutely no way to read your messages.
HIGH LEVEL OF DATA PROTECTION
Nepchat takes data privacy very seriously. We strive to store only the absolutely necessary information for the shortest possible time. We guarantee that we do not collect, evaluate or sell customer data. That is our promise.
Nepchat is not only secure but also very user friendly and covers the basic features of a mobile messenger.
• write text messages
• send videos and pictures
• share locations
• send voice messages
• create group chats and add new members
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
Nepchat differs from other mobile messenger by some special features.
• all text and voice messages as well as pictures, videos, and GPS locations are asymmetrically end-to-end encrypted
• even group chats are end-to-end encrypted
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• anonymous instant messaging
• nobody can read or evaluate your data
• local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone
The Nepchat application is constantly being improved.
Nepchat requires the following permissions while installing the application. These permissions are only used if the corresponding functionality is requested.
• Read your contacts / modify your contacts: used for address book synchronization. When the synchronization is turned off, your contact data is not read or modified.
• Receive text messages: used for automatically linking your Nepchat ID to a mobile phone number. This permission is used only during the initial verification process.
• Precise location (GPS and network based): used for "send location" feature.
• Add or remove accounts, find accounts, create accounts: required for contact synchronization and integration in Android's account management.
• Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: required for storing media files (images, videos, audio).
• Read phone status and identity: pre-fills your phone number if linking is desired. Only used during initial setup.
• Nepchat’s functionality can be futher extended by separately downloadable plugins which may require additional permissions (e.g. access to camera, microphone).
It is Personal Utility App based on SMS / Text Message. Your SMS / Text Message inbox can get flooded with SMS notifications in no time. This app will help organize your SMS inbox in categories. Best part is that it < automatically > does it for you. :)
SMS / Text message Inbox would have 4 special default categories.
Offers and other bulk SMS / Text Messages send are categorised in Promotional category.
Auto-generated updates including confirmations, bills, receipts and bank statements are categorised in Transactional category.
SMS received from the contacts which are saved in your phonebook would get automatically categorised into Known category.
SMS received from the phone numbers which are not saved in your phonebook would get automatically categorised into UnKnown category.
Whats More!! Also Create **Custom Categories** on SMS/ Text Message according to your need.
You can also create custom categories with group of people such as friends, workgroup, family, SMS will get automatically categorised into these custom categories.
Advanced Notifications Mute/UnMute
Now get yourself free from unwanted notifications distracting you, instead of muting all the notifications, with InTxtr you can mute selectively. So that you get notifications only of important personal messages only. You would need to long press on default tile to mute/unmute
Send SMS to all in One-Click to Category Members
With your custom categories you can group messages from your families, friend, business groups. This is not one way traffic, you can now send SMS to all in a category in a single click.
Share your SMS to WhatsApp friend/groups in One-Click
We know you love WhatsApp, so we have give you simplest way to share your interesting/funny/important messages to whatsapp in a single click.
Many more coming soon..
We are also adding plenty of features, like setting notifications based on categories, enhanced actions on messages received in the upcoming releases. Stay Tuned to experience SMS / text messaging in a different way!
This app may be very useful for SMS votes or for SMS parking (when you need to send a text to start/stop the parking meter).
* Pick a phone number from phone contacts.
* 3 SMS confirmation types:
- None – the message is sent right away.
- Confirmation – Send/Cancel dialog is shown.
- Countdown – The app waits a grace timeout before sending the message. It’s possible to cancel the message or send it right away. The timeout delay is configurable.
* Keep message history locally and (on compatible phones) in default SMS app.
* Backup/restore message templates and history.
* Template parameters for a message. Useful when most of the text is the same, but some part changes.
* SEND_SMS – it’s hard to send SMS without this permission.
* READ_PHONE_STATE - also required to send SMS on some Android versions.
* READ_CONTACTS – used for picking up contacts from phone book.
* WRITE_SMS & READ_SMS - used for saving messages in default SMS app history.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - used for backup/restore of message templates and history.
Visit app page: http://www.krokets.com/android/apps/quicksms/
Please, report bugs and requests at QuickSMS@krokets.com
SMS, text, message, text message, template, send, send SMS, quick, quick SMS, template, predefined, pre-defined
** 8sms is "trial ware". The "trial" period is 14 days. **
** After the "trial" period, ads will appear (but you can continue to use 8sms for as long as you like). You can remove the ads by making an in-app donation: http://8s.ms/removing-ads **
Stock messaging app with useful updates and enhancements.
The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android 4.4.4 and CyanogenMod 10.2 M1.
• Quick reply pop-ups
• Emoji support
• Optional dark theme
• Clean and no bloat
• Most robust "out-of-the-box" mms support
Paid app and "trial" period
Due to problems with financial viability as a free app, 8sms has now effectively become a "premium" app (via in-app donations) with a free "trial" period.
There is a 14 day trial period for new installs. In the trial period, ads do not appear. After the trial period, ads will appear but if you donate, you can disable the ads: http://8s.ms/removing-ads
Donating the minimum amount listed in "In-app purchases" below is sufficient to disable the ads.
Donations are "remembered" across upgrades and reinstalls. If you update to a future version of 8sms or uninstall and reinstall, 8sms will remember that you have donated.
You only need to donate ONCE. If you ever have a problem with donations not being remembered, please email us for assistance.
The in-app billing permission is used for in-app donations.
Usage (Android 4.3 and earlier)
8sms has two modes: default and Stand-alone mode.
In default mode, please do not disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device as that is still required to receive sms and mms messages. Instead, Turn off notifications for the messaging app that came with your device. Then you won't get two sets of notifications.
In Stand-alone mode, please disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device otherwise every new message will be stored twice.
Usage (Android 4.4 and later)
Please install and make 8sms your default sms app.
If you have a lot of old sms messages, it may take a few minutes for 8sms to load conversations the first time.
If you have issues using this app, please see http://8s.ms/info for helpful information and possible solutions. Sample topics include, for example:
Removing ads: http://8s.ms/removing-ads
Duplicate notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/duplicate-notifications-or-messages
Missing notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/missing-notifications-or-messages
Can't send or receive mms: http://8s.ms/cant-send-or-receive-mms
Dual SIM support: http://8s.ms/dual-sim-support
Then, if you still have issues, please ask for help.
Forum di supporto italiano (Italian language support)
This app requires a wide range of permissions because it is a port of a system app. System apps use a lot of permissions. Full network access is required in order to send (or download) mms using your phone's cellular data (mms) connection.
The "approximate location" permission is used for serving ads. It is not used if ads are disabled.
Compatibility and Feedback
If you install this app on your phone and it does not work, please try the links above.
If they don't help, then please email us via the registered email address of this app. Please be sure to specify your phone model and Android version number, and the version of 8sms you have installed.
just add the widget and each click will send predefined text message to specific number of your choice
e.g. click the green button to alert your boss you started your work day
and click the red button to alert him you finished for today and also if you want the message can be sent to someone at home waiting for you to finish working, so they can start cooking...
you are in a first date? predefine the buttons, one will alert your friend all is going well and if not so just click
the second button and tell them to "rescue" you with an "emergency" call, and the date will not suspect cause you just clicking a widget and not starting to write a message....
and many more... just a click away
MSMS sending panel allows tracking sent or not sent group sms,
Moreover in case where the sms was not sent to some of the recipients application will ask whether you want to try sending the sms again.
The group of recipients in current version may be created from phone contacts or phone groups , in the future version will be added option for loading groups from text file or csv file .
Basic version features :
✔ Sending multi sms to limited amout of recipients ( limitation is per sending , 250 recipients ) .
✔ Create sending lists from phone contacts / groups.
✔ Tracking MSMS panel (freeze sending,continue sending later,view number of sent/not sent)
✔ Background service , keep working with other applications while MSMS sending messages.
Profesional version features (not released yet) :
★ Sending multi sms to unlimited amout of recipients .
★ Load/Save sending list from text or csv file .
★ Send Scheduled group sms.
★ Save Sending track to Log file.
★ Allow adding single phone number manually.
★ Edit existing sending list
★ Send group sms as personoal sms (Hi "n" i have new phone number = Hi name i have new phone number)
-Bug reporting can be sent to : email@example.com
A simple Server and Client TCP Network
Tester built into one application for
Android. If your an IT professional or
developer, and you need to test your TCP
Listener, use this to send text, as a
client, in clear ASCII. If you need to
test a client, use this to recieve any
TCP packet you send to it, it will be
displayed in clear ASCII text.
The Server side of the App will accept
multiple clients, so it can be used as
a simple text chat application.
If you need to test your TCP Network
connection between an Android devices
and PC, I have an .EXE program for PC
available. Send an email request to
firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will email
it to you.
When the app first loads it will
find the local IP address that your
device is using on the network and
will automatically bind port 6000.
If you want to change the port#,
just type in a new port# and click
"Bind/Release Port" again.
* This is a fully functional Free App.
Thin out the distractions and turn up the connectivity with Thinbox from Bizzuka.
NOTE: Your organization must first setup an account to fully utilize Thinbox. See http://www.thinbox.it for more information.
Select which industries you are interested in and receive personalised rich html messages based upon your interests.
Encourage your friends to download donky so you can chat and share content within the donky app.
Reply directly to the brand within your donky app, no need to send an email and wait for a response.
DOA Low Battery Text Service is an app that is built to help your Friends, Family, or even your Co-Workers know when your phone is about to run out of battery by automatically sending a text message when your battery gets critically low!
What does DOA even mean?
Dead On Arrival.
When will my low battery text message be sent?
Your message is sent as soon as your phone reaches a critically low state, usually when you get a pop up menu.
You can chose what you want your message to say when it's sent!
You can also chose who your message is sent to! (Duh.)
***More Features coming soon!***
For any questions or suggestions, please email me.
With KouChat you can chat and send files to other KouChat users on the same local area network. It's intended to be used on your wireless network at home, the coffee shop, work place or similar, and does not require any setup, Internet connection or servers to function.
See http://www.kouchat.net/help/user-guide/android/ for more information about how to use KouChat.
* KouChat does not see users across the Internet or the cellular network.
* Some devices have unreliable network when the screen is off.
* Not all networks have multicast enabled, which is a technology required for KouChat to work.
* See at the bottom for tips if you are having problems.
Any feedback, bug reports or feature requests you may have is welcome :)
* Group chat with all the connected users
* Private chat with any user
* Choose your own nick name
* Set the topic of the group chat
* Notifications when new messages arrive while the client is in the background
* See who is currently writing
* Send and receive files
* Use away mode when you don't want to be disturbed
* Choose the color to use for your own messages, and info messages
* Send messages in any language supported by Unicode.
Supported smileys: :) :( :p :D ;) :O :@ :S ;( :$ 8)
Features to be included in later versions:
* View file transfer progress
* Ability to cancel file transfers
* Improvements to usability
* Improvements to packet loss
* And more :)
KouChat is also available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Certain permissions are requested during installation. Here is a description of what they are used for:
* Prevent device from sleeping - Needed by the WiFi lock, as well as the optional wake lock in the settings.
* Modify or delete the contents of your SD card - Needed for file transfers.
* Full network access - Needed for any kind of network communication. Only used between KouChat clients. No connection to the Internet is made.
* View WiFi connections - Needed to be able to use the next permission.
* Allow WiFi multicast reception - Needed because this is the kind of network communication used by the group chat.
* Test access to protected storage - This is not requested directly, but is automatically added on Jelly Bean devices. It has no effect yet.
1. Your devices are unable to find each other
Some devices just don't support multicast. I believe that's mostly an issue with old devices though.
Also, some networks are configured to disallow multicast traffic. You might be able to activate multicast in your wireless access point settings if that's the case.
2. You experience loss of messages between devices
Try enabling the wake lock to minimize message loss when your device is idle.
Turning off "WiFi optimization" in the advanced WiFi settings can also help keep the loss to a minimum.
3. KouChat crashes
If you get the crash report dialog, please add a short description of how the crash can be reproduced. Much appreciated :)