This app requires you run this free server on your PC which you can find here:
- Save a list of servers to choose from
- Connect to any PC running the server! (Over internet or a LAN)
- Send commands to be performed by Command Prompt
- Receive all output you would normally see as if you were using the PC
- Customisable display options (Console text colour, background colour, text size, etc.) & can choose the timeout time for the connection
- Command History, lets you easily repeat recently entered commands without having to retype them
- Save a log of your session to a .txt file to be viewed later
- Deploy .bat files to the server
If you have any questions or problems then please do email me!
If you're going to use this app to connect to machines on a different network (i.e. not over a LAN), you will have to set up port forwarding on your router. You can get help with this here: http://www.portforward.com/
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
Free desktop software required to use Remote Command Prompt:
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
Also a full list of Windows commands and explanations.
-Domain Name Server
-Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
-Internet Information Service
-Routing and Remote Access Server
-Remote Installation Service
I am continuously adding more information as I get time. I redeveloped this app to help myself in future studies of operating systems as well as helping others.
If you have any suggestions that you want to see in the app, just comment or email. Thanks
Shell Command is a useful utility program that allows a developer to open up a command line shell on your mobile device under the Unix operating system.
All the common Unix shell commands supported by the mobile operating system such as [ls, mv, cat, cd, mkdir, pwd, etc.] are available (subject to user permissions).,
Output is scrolled on the screen and also written to disk for analysis later after exiting from the program.
You can download the latest copy of the Shell Command User Guide at http://www.howardintegrationsystems.co.uk/docs/HowardUtilitiesShellCommandUserGuide.pdf
We hope you will enjoy exploring the operating system and files with this Command Shell on your mobile device.
Android Authority Top 10 Best App of 2014
As Featured on CNET, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Police, Android Authority, Android Central, Droid Life, Android Community, Android Pit, and more!
"If you are looking for a way to add a few extra voice commands to Google Now, give Commandr a try!" - CNET
"... if you're using your phone hands free in the car, it can be a life saver" - LifeHacker
"With the 3rd-party-developed app Commandr, Google Now gets a boost" - SlashGear
"... meet Commandr, the new in-between service for flipping hardware switches in Google Now" - Android Police
Google Now Just Got Better
Now you can use Google Now to control your flashlight, toggle settings, control music playback, and much more!
Google Now Just Got Personal
Add your own custom commands through Tasker to make sure your device fits your lifestyle.
Listening to You
Vote on new commands or suggest new ones so that we are working on adding the commands you want.
Don't wait for Google! Updates will be quick and support request responses quicker.
Unify Your Smartphone
Access all the features of your device through Google Now so you don't have to remember what app does what.
Setup and Forget
Once you setup Commandr, it will always be accessible from Google Now and will only run when needed. It won't slow down your phone or your boot.
Full Android Wear Support
Either say "Okay Google" + the command to your watch or open up the full Android Wear app and tap on a command!
Commands work fully offline! (have to type instead of speak)
Command List (so far):
- Flashlight On/Off
- Wifi On/Off
- GPS On/Off (some devices)
- Bluetooth On/Off
- Wireless Hotspot On/Off
- Pause/Resume Music
- Previous/Next Song
- Read Unread SMS
- Read Last SMS From Contact
- Play Google Music Playlist
- Chatbot (for Siri-like functionality)
- Cellular Data On/Off
- Read Unread Gmail
- Raise/Lower Volume
- Silence/Unsilence Ringer
- Set Volume to Percentage
- Unlock/Lock phone
- Take a Picture
- Take a Selfie
- Shutdown (Root)
- Reboot Recovery (Root)
- Restart (Root)
- Clear Notifications (Root)
- Wolfram Alpha
- Send Whatsapp message
- Enable/Disable Rotation Lock
- Enable/Disable Sync
- Night mode (Disable wifi, data, and ringer)
- Enable/Disable Airplane Mode (Root)
- Enable/Disable Car Mode
Developer: Ryan Senanayake
Graphic Designer: Adriano Loiacono
Open Source Contributors: Aaron Disibio (firesoul453), Moksh Jawa, flyingtoaster0, Daniel Quah (emansih)
Special thanks to Moksh Jawa for his outstanding work not only in his open-source contributions, but also in his relentless marketing of the product
Source code: https://github.com/RSenApps/Commandr-Android
Do not enable Talkback Accessibility service instead of Commandr. If you do this by accident and notice an orange box around tappable items, please see the Talkback support pages to turn off the service.
Tasker (In-App): Use this for launching a single task
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Navigate to Tasks and press the add button in the bottom-right
3. Configure the command and keep note of the name
4. Ensure that Tasker is enabled (icon in top left is colored)
5. Go to preferences (top-right) > Misc and check "Allow External Access"
6. In the Commandr app click Tasker
7. Find the command you created and enable it by tapping the switch top-right
8. (Optional) edit the phrase that will activate the command
Tasker (Plugin): Use this for launching multiple tasks
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Under Profiles Click Add
6. Configure the phrase to listen for
7. Add tasks to profile
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for droid platform.
Linx Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all droid phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your SDcard, system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the droid version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
This app supports the most used Bluetooth modules from Rowing Network / Microchip. This includes:
- RN41, RN42 & RN41XV, RN42XV
- RN24 & RN25
In the app you can easily scan for new modules and connect to them (only if in slave mode). Afterwards you are able to choose from a variety of get or set commands.
- Get basic information
- Get advanced information
- Get name
- Get baudrate
- Get MAC address
- Get GPIO values
- Get link quality
- Set name
- Set baudrate
- Set 7 bit uart mode
- Set parity
- Set paring pin
- Set scan windows
- Factory reset
For the advanced user there is the possibility of writing your own AT commands directly like in a terminal program. There you have to look in the datasheets for more information. The advanced direct method terminal mode is adding “\n” (newline) to the end of your text.
There is for no module, the possibility of changing from slave to master mode. The reason is that this app only works if the module is in slave operation mode.
For the RN-xx modules ‘Get baudrate’ returns 0, after factory reset. That’s a mistake from manufacture and the real value is 115200 buad.
-All feeds (2000+ including police/airports/fire/ems) are in a map based on location
-Police codes and can stream in background (always on)
-look at www.radioreference.com/apps/db/ for coverage
+ font size option
+ company info from addressbook (thanks mike!)
- Find addresses, spam calls, caller relatives, FB status, using online resources and address book
- call log view or incoming call
- limited cell info