Free desktop software required to use Remote Command Prompt:
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
This app requires you run this free server on your PC which you can find here:
- Save a list of servers to choose from
- Connect to any PC running the server! (Over internet or a LAN)
- Send commands to be performed by Command Prompt
- Receive all output you would normally see as if you were using the PC
- Customisable display options (Console text colour, background colour, text size, etc.) & can choose the timeout time for the connection
- Command History, lets you easily repeat recently entered commands without having to retype them
- Save a log of your session to a .txt file to be viewed later
- Deploy .bat files to the server
- Server passwords
- PowerShell support (PowerShell console output is different compared to other CLI programs so will have to be supported separately)
- Better handling of large amounts of text received from server
- Translations for other languages
If you have any questions or problems then please do email me! If I'm not asleep, 90% of the time I'll be able to reply within an hour or two.
The icon for this app was very kindly made by Buddhafy from Reddit!
If you're going to use this app to connect to machines on a different network (i.e. not over a LAN), you will have to set up port forwarding on your router. You can get help with this here: http://www.portforward.com/
Also a full list of Windows commands and explanations.
-Domain Name Server
-Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
-Internet Information Service
-Routing and Remote Access Server
-Remote Installation Service
I am continuously adding more information as I get time. I redeveloped this app to help myself in future studies of operating systems as well as helping others.
If you have any suggestions that you want to see in the app, just comment or email. Thanks
Use existing command sets or create your own to execute routine tasks:
- save logs / dumpfiles
- kernel settings through file system
- command to execute
- execution with or without 'su'
- command to read / display the current status (on/off)
- display of the current status
- display of command results
- Locale / Tasker Plugin for executing commands
Please don't use the market's feedback system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing logs to the SD
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statitics and can not be revokes without making the app unusable
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access Latitude and is also used by Admob. This right can not be revoked but you can remove the ads by buying the full version
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is required by Admob.
CommandCenter is open source so you can inspect/review/ contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
The simple interface allows you to quickly find your external ip address to receive detailed information on any other Internet address and access to the most popular program that you use on your computer. A special service connection test will inform you when you are not connected to the Internet.
✓ Detailed information about your network and device.
✓ Getting data about the site and its owner.
✓ Configuring the router directly from the phone.
✓ Detecting by ip.
✓ Port scanning, network scanning.
✓ Ping, Trace route, Whois.
✓ IP Calculator.
✓ Control joints and connections.
✓ Wake on LAN.
✓ DNS Lookup.
✓ And more...
MSI Command Center is an user-friendly and easy to use app that lets you control every aspect of your mainboard with your android device!
You can not only use your android device as a remote media controller, but also control the power status, adjust CPU and memory settings and monitor every aspect of your mainboard in real time.
Before you use Command Center on android, you will need:
1. A system with Windows8, Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3&.NET 4.0
2. An Android device with Wi-Fi function.
3. In MSI Command Center (or Control Center), link your system with Android device. This requires a network connection.
4. Support Intel 7/8/9 series and AMD AM3/FM1/FM2/FM2+ series or newer platform.
Make sure the system has MSI Command Center 220.127.116.11 (or MSI Control Center 2.5.060) or above version installed and “Command Center Remote Server ” has to be enabled on the mobile control page so RemoteServer can read the hardware status accordingly.
Step by step installation:
1. Run MSI Command Center 18.104.22.168 (or MSI Control Center 2.5.060) or above version.
2. Enable ”Command Center Remote Server” on mobile control page of Command Center.
3. Make sure that the Remote Server is running in background, an icon will display the status in your taskbar.
4. Run Command Center APP on your Android device.
5. Note your systems IP address, you can find this by hovering the mouse over the RemoteServer icon in your taskbar.
6. Enter the IP address in the “settings” of Command Center, this will link your Android device with your PC system.
7. Press "Refresh" in Command Center to verify that monitoring and OC functions are working properly.
8. Enjoy it.
I write this program just because sometimes I want to write a small app in Java but don't want to deal with all those GUI components. All I want is just a simple 'stdin' and a 'stdout'.
For details, please visit
• On each of your computers, set up remote access using the Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/remotedesktop
• On your Android device, open the app and tap on any of your online computers to connect.
* Upload or download multiple files at once.
* Delete, rename, copy, zip or unzip files using the Windows File Explorer.
* Runs as a background service.
Only simple steps:
* Ensure your phone and computer connect in the same WiFi network;
* Start WiFi File Transfer by turn on the button;
* Copy and paste the URL noticed into your FTP Client or Windows file explorer, then you scan and manager files in your Phone on your computer.
Tags: file explorer, ftp server
This assembly contains a list of tools such as:
- port scanner
- my IP
- DNS dig (nslookup)
Please rate this application. If you have problems, do not rush to put a bad mark - please contact the developer via email.
Future versions will extend the functionality of the application.
-All feeds (2000+ including police/airports/fire/ems) are in a map based on location
-Police codes and can stream in background (always on)
-look at www.radioreference.com/apps/db/ for coverage
+ font size option
+ company info from addressbook (thanks mike!)
- Find addresses, spam calls, caller relatives, FB status, using online resources and address book
- call log view or incoming call
- limited cell info