NTPSync is a simple NTP time synchronization app for Android.
To set system time to NTP time you need root access on your device, to just query the time you don't.
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ntp-sync/issues
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To set system time
• Internet access: To query the NTP server
• Wakelock: To maintain a reliable network connection while querying NTP server
ntp, time, time synchronization, ntp query
Open source alternative to
Since Android 4.4 the /system partition can not be mounted rw for some devices (Note3 fore example) by this app. This has to be done manually before installing the custom gps.conf file before choosing to install. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
This app does installs a customized gps.conf file for your GPS. It has several different profiles to choose from. We recommend to use the default Google profile but it is up to you. Appart from the profiles you can customize the one chosen.
Derek Gordon maintains a special NTP server pool for you. Dispite what everyone thinks, it is not necessarily the one closest to you which is the best. We consider Derek Gordon's server to be the best option to choose because it has the best data and is most frequently updated.
For more information about the NTP server check out the "About this app" section found under the settings of this app. Also, feel free to visit derekgordon.com for more in depth information.
Derek Gordon maintains a special aGPS almanac for devices using Qualcomm or similar chipsets. This xtra.bin data file is updated every 30 minutes and is located on a content delivery system maintained by the generous donations of ther userbase.
To maintain the server we need money. Donations through this app will be divided between Derek Gordon (Crypted on XDA) and Zatta (on XDA).
Each star costs 2 Euro and will reduce the waiting time before you can install the patch. 0 star users wait 20 seconds, 1 star users 10, 2 star users only 5 and 3 star users and Premium users can install immediately.
You can become a premium user for only 5 Euro. This is a discount of 1 euro compared to a three star user!
We choose this method to allow every one to use all features of this app and because we believe in XDA developers users. Please, don't leech!
Backup and restore
On the first run of this app a backup is made on your SD card. Don't remove it because a backup is only made during the first run (or at an update if you choose to remove it anyway) and no other backup is found on your SD card.
The patch this app provides is located on your /system partition so every time you do update your ROM the patch is overwritten and you will have to redo the patch.
Unless you are using a Cyanogenmod based ROM and your rom has addon.d support. In that case a script will be placed in the addon.d directory to preserve the patch. It can be disabled in the app's settings but is enabled by default.
On ASUS roms a typical file is present at /system/etc/gps, namely the gpsconfig.xml file. This app pathes that file as well, to be specific the PeriodicTimeOutSec parameter. Of course a backup is made of this file as well.
Special thanks to Sneakyghost for translating this app to German!
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
See http://bit.ly/clocksync for more information.
Google+ Community: http://bit.ly/cs-plus
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: for compatibility with SuperSU and Superuser applications, see http://bit.ly/su-permission
Mit dieser App ist es Möglich, Zeitinformationen von (NTP) Servern abzurufen. Es kann entweder der Standardserver oder ein beliebiger in den Settings eingestellt werden.
Nach Drücken auf den Refresh Button wird
- Die aktuelle Zeit
- Die Laufzeit (RoundTrimTime) ähnlich PING
- Die NTP Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1900, 0:00)
- Die UNIX Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1970, 0:00)
- Die Abweichung von der Systemzeit
Weitere Informationen über das NTP Protokoll finden Sie in der Wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol
Diese App nutzt Teile des Android Open Source Projects
The application obtains the current network time from any publicly available NTP servers, re-sync the time with the NTP server automatically every 10 minutes thereafter.
It also displays a countdown timer showing how long more until the next sync with the NTP servers and allows the user to trigger sync manually.
There are two mode for your choice: digital and analog clock style.
- sync your contacts with Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Lotus Notes, Tobit David, Windows Contacts,..
- sync your calendar with Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Sunbird, Lotus Notes, Tobit David, Windows Calendar,...
- sync your notes with Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes and Windows StickyNotes
- manage your SMS: download to PC, backup, delete, send SMS from desktop
- view the call list of the phone, archive calls, delete them, backup call lists
- sync file directories, copy files between desktop and phone, sync your photos
- create and restore backups (includes contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, sms and files)
- manage installed apps, launch, install, uninstall or download them to your desktop
- control your phone through your desktop with mouse and keyboard, create screenshots
- use the pc keyboard as input method for your phone
- handle calls from your desktop, dial numbers, accept, reject and end calls
- and much more...
Connection via WiFi, USB-Cable or Bluetooth. No data will be handled throught external servers, the whole communication is local.
This is the client which is needed for phone, you'll need also the desktop-software which can be downloaded at www.fjsoft.at.
The application provides options to list paired bluetooth devices, scan for bluetooth devices, list defined WIFI access points, scan for WIFI access points (including signal strength), list cell towers, list gps satellites, use the flashlight and view the camera (front and back). Many of the devices have options to view and change the device configuration. The app displays all configuration settings found on the device. A number of these settings are not displayed anywhere on the phone. Please be careful changing the configuration settings as some can have undesired side affects.
The application supports user preferences. The application provides multi-language (English, Spanish and Chinese) support. To switch languages, open the standard "Settings" application, select the "Language & Keyboard" item and then select the "Select Locale" item.
By making a small purchase within the app (uses the Play Store), the application provides a premium feature that does not display of ads. To upgrade, when running the app, open the menu and select "Upgrade".
1、get the NTP time quickly
Welcome to Time Calibrator!
Time Calibrator has been specifically designed to deliver accurate time information to people all around the globe. The app connects automatically to the atomic clock server in Switzerland to display the exact local time and date. Through quantum technology, the information travels at the speed of light from the NTP server and is communicated directly to AtomTime i-Atomic watches via light signals.
- Check and sync device's clock with GPS or NTP(Internet),
- Detect time zone by location,
- Time signal,
- Background time sync with NTP,
- Background passive time sync with GPS. Passive means the app uses GPS only when another app uses it,
- Very small memory footprint. In paid version even smaller - less 100Kb.
Automatic sync works only for rooted devices!
If the app doesn't work for you, please email me. I can't make the app better if you just leave a comment.
Please, rate the app if you like it. Thanks!
In free version background sync feature is time limited.
**Not for usage on phones with android 4.2 or newer**
- Root access required -
- BusyBox Required -
- New HTC phones need NAND-unlock -
This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you. Select one from the list, or add your own.
If the app doesn't work, please use "root checker" to check if you are correctly rooted and busybox is installed before you give a bad rating.
With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
* Samba Filesharing server for Android [ Recently updated for JellyBean probs ].
* Your Android device becomes visible to other Windows (& SMB compatible) computers on your network.
* The 'external' storage in your Android device is accessible as a network shared folder.
* Copy files and folders to and from your Android device using drag and drop.
* Customisable username, password, Windows workgroup name, and device network (NETBIOS) name.
* Your Android device must already be rooted and a SuperUser app installed.
* On the first run, make sure you catch the SuperUser Auth request to allow the Samba Filesharing app root access.
* If an update from an earlier version fails, try a full uninstall (either from the application manager of your Android device, or the file sharing app 'Menu -> Settings -> Uninstall' option), then re-install from Android Market.
* If you experience problems accessing your device, be sure to try all three methods: Network browser, specifying \\name, & also \\ipaddress.
* You may see 'com.funkyfresh.samba' remain in the Android process list even though you have disabled it from auto-starting. This is normal - whenever the WIFI interface transitions up/down the app needs to run temporarily to check its settings as to whether it should start/stop the filesharing server, after that, its done. Android will kill the inactive process if your device is running low on memory, otherwise the process remains inactive in memory for faster loading next time you launch it.
* Pérsio Menezes: Thanks for the new logo!
SAMBA - Opening Windows to a wider world http://www.samba.org/
See 'Menu -> Settings -> About' in the app for a pointer to information about Samba GNU Licensing & Source code changes.
This application helps you keep the internal clock of your Android device accurate by synchronizing it with the GPS time signal.
ROOT access is required to actually set the time. The difference (in seconds) between your devices' time and the GPS time can be seen without root.
Looking for translators for languages other than english and german. Participate in the translation at http://bit.ly/gpsTimeLang