- Full English definition (CC-CEDICT)
- Mandarin pinyin
- Lists of most frequent and HSK characters
- Search characters by radical, character or pinyin, including a list of characters hard to find
- Traditional variant
- Optional display of frequent compounds (requires network)
- Mark characters as favorite
- Pick up random characters
- Quiz mode
- Optional tone colors
- No advertisement!
NOTE: if you're in China and can't access Google Play, see pleco.com/android for alternate download sources.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headword pronunciations + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
PRO VERSION - NEW LOW PRICE! Brings you homescreen widgets, backup/restore and access to more add-ons
This is the free edition of Hanping Chinese Dictionary Pro which has over 10,000 downloads and comes with a 30-day full refund guarantee: http://goo.gl/KFyks
If you cannot see paid apps (in China?) then read: http://goo.gl/YGonR
If you are looking for our Cantonese app, please see: http://goo.gl/62PHL0
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in (Android 4.1 JellyBean and higher)
★ Audio - recordings of every Mandarin syllable, by a real native Chinese speaker (Android 4.1 JellyBean and higher)
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Pinyin or English
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation throughout
★ Vertical Zhuyin support
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Pinyin or Zhuyin
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant Pinyinization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists (e.g. HSK, idioms/chengyu), Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge, Skritter, nciku, Google Translate (online only)
★ Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
Pro features (not available in this app):
★ Homescreen Widgets - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Merged results across dictionaries - no need for cumbersome cycling through dictionaries
★ Star English words (if you have the ABC English-Chinese dictionary installed)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
* For Chinese character input via Pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME: http://goo.gl/WZ3Zop
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.
* New: Support for Anki 2.0 (AnkiDroid)
* New: Text to speech support. Just install the eSpeak TTS engine and get audio pronunciation for hanzi (free) or compounds (premium only).
Premium features available: search by reading/meaning, compound search, favorites and history. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a separate application.
Premium upgrade price: around $3.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Android Market dialog with the current price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display character reading, meaning, radical and hear audio pronunciation . Search by reading or meaning, as well as compound search also available (premium only). Characters/compounds you view are automatically saved to history and can be marked as favorite (premium only).
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* Full tablet support (v2.0)
* Audio pronunciation for hanzi and compounds (uses the eSpeak text-to-speech engine)
* Search on stroke -- recognition candidates are displayed automatically as you draw
* Adjustable candidates font size
* Adjustable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/clear all
* Favorites and history (premium only)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium only)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium only)
* Compound search (premium only)
* Supports both traditional and simplified Chinese
* Works offline (Internet connections is only required to download resources on first run).
* Integrated character database with more than 70,000 entries
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Pinyin and Jyutping readings
* Radical display
* Character decomposition into components
* Display character component details
* Copy and append to clipboard
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are not displayed if you upgrade to premium).
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
Almost all of the possible currently-spoken syllables are included.
Listen to the audio of Chinese real woman voice and practice your pronunciation.
Our Other Products
This application has been tested by Google NEXUS S. But if there is any problem in your device, please inform us and let us know your device name, OS version, language and description of the problem. We will fix it as quickly as possible.
◎ Comprehensive Chinese vocabs & phrases
◎ 100% practical & well categorized contents
◎ Authentic pronunciation
◎ No internet connection required
◎ Easy to store and manage your favorite items
Perfect for everyone:
Opportunists, business people, job seekers, graduate school students, travelers, love seekers and anyone who is desperate to learn to speak, read and write Mandarin Chinese.
The LITE version contains over 300+ essential Vocabularies/Scenario-Based Sentences:
If you upgrade to the PRO, you will get over 700+ Vocabularies/Scenario-Based Sentences
If you require any assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phrasebook Keywords: phrases, vocabulary, translator, dictionary, learn, translate, lesson, course and free
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for characters for you D&D, Pathfinder, Microlite20, or other tabletop RPG Game? This handy generator privides a bunch of ideas for interesting, dynamic, and well developed characters.
Get the premium no ad version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarcana.RPGCharacterBackgroundGeneratorPremium .
Other Keywords: Dungeons, Dragons, personality, sheet, abilities, random, ability, characters, editor
★ We're using our very own dictionary, and search algorithms that prioritise words that you'll actually want to learn! For example, try searching for "tree" in your existing Chinese dictionary. More than likely you'll see 木 - not helpful at all! Search with trainchinese and you'll get 树 first and 一棵树 second - just what you were after.
★ Partial searches start returning results as soon as you begin typing. If you make a spelling mistake, you'll get suggestions for words you might have meant.
★ Get measure words for thousands of nouns. Tap measure words for full details and access to related searches.
★ Search for words by type! Add "n." to your query to prioritise nouns, for example.
★ trainchinese is great for study, because our words are organised into more than 1,000 word lists covering topics from International Relations to American Football Teams and more. Feel like something's missing? Users often get in touch to ask for lists on the topics the're studying, and we're happy to oblige!
★ Highlight words with your finger for super-fast access to character animations, related searches and more!
★ Whether you're studying the Simplified (mainland China and Singapore) or Traditional (Hong Kong and Taiwan) variants, we've got you covered! Easily switch between them or choose to display both in dictionary results and on flash cards.
★ Create flash cards with audio and animation from dictionary entries. Organise them into lists, and share them with friends (or students).
★ The Spaced Repetition system ensures you'll memorize those words for good.
★ Train however you want: each card is available in four different modes to test different aspects of Chinese study. See Chinese, Pinyin or English and get tested on translation, and even compare your handwriting to a stroke-order animation side-by-side, synchronized!
★ Flash cards are saved on your device and synchronized with trainchinese.com, where you can also train with them and find more great content.
★ Add study notes to your flash cards - they're saved and backed up at trainchinese.com.
- Includes Offline Dictionary
- Word of the Day
- voice recognition for both English and Chinese (simplified)
- romanization (romaji / pinyin)
- speak English or Chinese sentence and hear the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- send translation as SMS or eMail
- translation history
翻譯 字典 中國
Touch or swipe the screen to go to the next/previous character :)
You must have a copy of the book in order to understand this application.
The Chinese Bible App is a multi-function App which offers a massive selection of Bible versions, Bible dictionaries, Bible maps, study notes, daily devotionals, audio materials, application commentaries and reading plans, etc. Users can group different Bible versions, dictionaries and Bible study materials as their own reading resources. You may display different Bible versions and reading materials at the same time and compared them with each other. Also, the operation is so user-friendly that readers can enjoy a comfortable and convenient reading experience. We hope that the Chinese Bible App can help you understand our God and the Bible deeper and more comprehensively.
Please visit our Facebook Fans Page to get the latest information.
- Auto typesetting and parallelism
- Parallel Mode: clear paragraph and poetry form
- Verse per line: easier to compare verses line by line
- Top-down Parallel windows: easier to compare the paragraph format of two versions.
- Left-right Parallel windows: easier to compare the words and terms of two versions.
- Portrait and Landscape mode are free to choose
- Multi-touch Zoom: to change font sizes easily.
- Fast scroll: touch the right-hand side of the screen and move to the relevant verses quickly.
- Left Right Flip: flip left for the next chapter and right for the previous chapter.
- Tapping for notes: interpret the meaning of the source text better
- Verse link in Note: for users to keep on searching for relevant information
- Multi Dictionaries Search: list out items collected by multiple dictionaries.
- Verse link in Dictionary: for users to keep on searching for relevant verses and words
- Bible Google Map: It links up with the function of Google Map to show you the location of places mentioned in the relevant chapters. You can also check the meaning of places you’ve chosen in the dictionary.
- History: When you re-open the App, it will automatically go back to the page you read last time. You can also go to the history to search for the scripture you’ve read before.
- Bookmark: note down your reading trace
- Key word search: search for key words, the searching items will be highlighted in red.
- Self note: note down your reading experience
-Highlight: highlight your favorite scriptures with different colours
-Social sharing: share scripture through Whatspp, Facebook, Email and SMS etc.
-Provides different items for purchasing and downloading without charge
-Update items by adding different Bible versions, dictionaries, study notes and devotionals materials etc.
-All purchased items are linked with Google Play account.
-As long as you’re using the same account to download the App, your data will still be remain, even though you have deleted the App or use other Android devices. Just download the free App again, the data will be there.
- Union Version
- KJV with strong number and morphology
- Septuagint LXX with strong number and morphology
Chinese and English Bible Google Map (link to all places listed in the Bible) (Wed-based)
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
- Robinson Morphology Analysis Codes
- Packard Morphology Analysis Codes for LXX
- How to be a Christian？
- CBI Youtube Channel (Wed-based)
-Self-organized Bible reading plans
~ Purchase Items~
- Holy Bible-NT
Contemporary Chinese Version
- Holy Bible-Union Version (prayer & promise Edition)
- NASB with strong numbers
Life Application Commentaries:
- Chinese Life Application Bible
- Devotion Bible for Women
- Biblical and Theological Dictionary of Christianity
- NASB Exhaustive Concordance
Daily devotionals reading plans:
- My Dear
Vocabularies/Scenario-Based Sentences cover:
- Banking & Finance
- Financial Statements
- Money Market
- Economics & Markets
Database size is more than 24MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
Chinese dictionary features:
☆ English-Chinese, French-Chinese and German-Chinese dictionary
☆ play pronunciation
☆ simplified & traditional Chinese
☆ searches as you type
☆ use English / French / German (automatic conversion of special characters, e.g. searching "chateau" will find "château"), pinyin (with or without tones, no need for spaces), zhuyin or Chinese characters to find the translation
☆ Chinese characters colored accordingly to the tones
☆ full support of zhuyin (注音)
☆ speech recognition (for both English / French / German and Chinese)
☆ external memory cards supported
☆ copy any part of the Chinese dictionary entry to the clipboard
☆ import any word to your Chinese flashcards
☆ highlighting of the searched string in returned entries
☆ automatic detection of the translation (Chinese → English / French / German or English / French / German → Chinese)
☆ supports both landscape and portrait modes
☆ suitable for both mainland China and Taiwan
Chinese flashcards features:
☆ smart Spaced Repetition algorithm for supporting your long-term memorization
☆ practise writing, reading or nouns' measure words
☆ wordlists for Chinese tests and many Chinese textbooks' vocabulary lists are prepared:
→ HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi, 汉语水平考试, 漢語水平考試)
→ TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language)
→ Practical Audio Visual Chinese 2nd Edition
→ Integrated Chinese, Expanded 2nd Edition
→ New Practical Chinese Reader, Vol 1
→ Practical Chinese Reader
→ Beginner's Chinese
→ Intermediate Chinese
→ Pimsleur Mandarin
→ Schaums' Outlines Chinese Vocabulary
→ Colloquial Chinese
☆ Chinese flashcards can be saved to different categories
☆ if you make a mistake the word will be offered to you more often
☆ if you add a new word from dictionary to your Chinese flashcards it will also be offered more often
☆ supports both traditional and simplified Chinese (if you make a mistake when practising traditional Chinese, it will not affect the simplified Chinese equivalent so you can practise both)
☆ add any word from the Chinese dictionary to your Chinese flashcards
☆ add your own custom Chinese flashcards
☆ convenient editing of categories and Chinese flashcards
☆ export all Chinese flashcards to a file
☆ import Chinese flashcards from a file (ZDT format or Wheebee Chinese format in UTF-8 encoding)
☆ the app is also available in Czech and part of the app was translated to Chinese
☆ a detailed "Frequently asked questions" section is available inside the app
☆ two themes available (dark and light)
Advantages over other apps:
☆ Spaced Repetition system for free
☆ not only English Chinese, but also French Chinese and German Chinese dictionary
☆ gives relevant results
☆ built-in premade Chinese tests and textbooks' wordlists for practising -> no need to download them
☆ flashcards categorization
☆ Network communication: When using the Chinese dictionary for the first time, the app needs to download a database from the Internet.
☆ Storage: The app needs the access to the storage for exporting and importing Chinese flashcards.