Having a hard time coming up with ideas for characters for you D&D, Pathfinder, Microlite20, or other tabletop RPG Game? This handy generator privides a bunch of ideas for interesting, dynamic, and well developed characters.
Get the premium no ad version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarcana.RPGCharacterBackgroundGeneratorPremium .
Other Keywords: Dungeons, Dragons, personality, sheet, abilities, random, ability, characters, editor
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident we'll be fixing bugs and adding features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
* New: Support for Anki 2.0 (AnkiDroid)
* New: Text to speech support. Just install the eSpeak TTS engine and get audio pronunciation for hanzi (free) or compounds (premium only).
Premium features available: search by reading/meaning, compound search, favorites and history. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a separate application.
Premium upgrade price: around $3.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Android Market dialog with the current price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display character reading, meaning, radical and hear audio pronunciation . Search by reading or meaning, as well as compound search also available (premium only). Characters/compounds you view are automatically saved to history and can be marked as favorite (premium only).
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* Full tablet support (v2.0)
* Audio pronunciation for hanzi and compounds (uses the eSpeak text-to-speech engine)
* Search on stroke -- recognition candidates are displayed automatically as you draw
* Adjustable candidates font size
* Adjustable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/clear all
* Favorites and history (premium only)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium only)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium only)
* Compound search (premium only)
* Supports both traditional and simplified Chinese
* Works offline (Internet connections is only required to download resources on first run).
* Integrated character database with more than 70,000 entries
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Pinyin and Jyutping readings
* Radical display
* Character decomposition into components
* Display character component details
* Copy and append to clipboard
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are not displayed if you upgrade to premium).
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
• Completely offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Pinyin search
- Radical character search
- Attempts to split sentence input into individual words
- Limited wildcard searching using '*' (ZH only and slower than normal searching)
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between simplified/traditional character sets
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Cdian from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Minimalistic yet functional UI
• Ad free
• Extracted dictionary files require 21MB of external storage space
keywords: chinese dictionary, chinese english dictionary, chinese translator, 英文 词典, 辞典, 英汉 词典
Perfect for reading messages from your friends, Chinese texts on the Web and even whole books. You can also use it as a Simplified/Traditional converter.
Check out the ad-free paid version!
+ Works fully offline and very fast
+ Clipboard monitoring: any copied text containing Chinese characters is automatically annotated in the notification area
+ Paste the text or use "Share" from another app to annotate with Pinyin
+ Convert between Simplified and Traditional characters
+ Open and annotate text files, even large books (UTF-8 encoded)
+ Save text to a file for further reading
+ Mark interesting words and export them to Pleco / Anki / AnkiDroid Flashcards for effective learning
+ Rearrange how the characters are grouped into words
+ Configure the font size, color, pinyin style
+ One great short story is included (to realize that reading Chinese is actually easy and fun!)
- Full English definition (CC-CEDICT)
- Mandarin pinyin
- Lists of most frequent and HSK characters
- Search characters by radical, character or pinyin, including a list of characters hard to find
- Traditional variant
- Optional display of frequent compounds (requires network)
- Mark characters as favorite
- Pick up random characters
- Quiz mode
- Optional tone colors
- No advertisement!
In addition to convenient two-way dictionary lookup, Transhwiz provides
you fast and high quality translation between English and Chinese with unique translation engine. A handy translation tool for business, travel and school use.
High Quality Translation
Translate text from English to Chinese and from Chinese to English with maximum length of 10,000 characters. Translation results can be saved and reviewed.
Tanslation results can also be emailed directly.
Professional Dictionaries are applicable for translating articles from profession fields.
Two-Way Dictionary Lookup
Display detailed definition, similar words … etc. for English and Chinese with a
capacity of 600,000 entries. Tapping words on the definition screen allows further
lookup on the words.
Dictionaries: Computer, Mechanical, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical
Engineering, Medicine, Law, Financing, Trading and Management are available for
translation and dictionary lookup.
Display Pinyin expression for both translation and dictionary lookup features. A great
tool for learning Chinese.
Save words to the Bookmark for your future review. Bookmark content is editable.
English or Chinese text can be read if English or Chinese text-to-speech engine(s) is installed.
No Internet connection is required.
For quesion regarding installation or usage, kindly reach us at email@example.com
This dictionary contains over 200,000 phrases and words!
This dictionary features Mandarin, Cantonese and English translation as well as pronunciation in Pinyin and Yale romanization of Cantonese! Additionally, each pronunciation has the tones to help you learn Chinese. It also has traditional and simplified characters! You can take my dictionary to mainland China and look up words in simplified Chinese!
My dictionary does not need to go online to the internet to search for words. This is the full dictionary that you can take it away with you when you don't have internet connection.
This dictionary is perfect for those traveling as well when you don't have an active internet connection and you want to talk to someone in Chinese.
This dictionary is also perfect for those who want to simply learn Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
I created this dictionary because I am a Cantonese speaker who wanted to learn Mandarin. I never found any dictionary on the app market helpful so I created my own dictionary.
Enter your chinese character, english, pinyin or yale romanization in cantonese on the search bar and watch the result list come back with all the matching words!
It is that easy!
Some of our reviewers praising this app:
"I tested this app and it's complete and easy to use, I like it. I have several years learning cantonese and I was waiting an app like this. I recommend it."
"This is a wonderful little dictionary for Android! I really like it"
I want to thank the Cantonese CEDICT Project for allowing this project to happen!
- Offline Chinese - Thai dictionary contains over 25,000 entries.
- Offline Thai - Chinese dictionary contains over 25,000 entries.
- Sound play is available , and it need network connection.
- Online dictionary is available ,using google translate api.
- Word can be saved to your favor list, long click fav item can remove it from favor list
- Translate result with example sentences, require network connection.
Chinese dictionary features:
☆ English-Chinese, French-Chinese and German-Chinese dictionary
☆ play pronunciation
☆ simplified & traditional Chinese
☆ searches as you type
☆ use English / French / German (automatic conversion of special characters, e.g. searching "chateau" will find "château"), pinyin (with or without tones, no need for spaces), zhuyin or Chinese characters to find the translation
☆ Chinese characters colored accordingly to the tones
☆ full support of zhuyin (注音)
☆ speech recognition (for both English / French / German and Chinese)
☆ external memory cards supported
☆ copy any part of the Chinese dictionary entry to the clipboard
☆ import any word to your Chinese flashcards
☆ highlighting of the searched string in returned entries
☆ automatic detection of the translation (Chinese → English / French / German or English / French / German → Chinese)
☆ supports both landscape and portrait modes
☆ suitable for both mainland China and Taiwan
Chinese flashcards features:
☆ smart Spaced Repetition algorithm for supporting your long-term memorization
☆ practise writing, reading or nouns' measure words
☆ wordlists for Chinese tests and many Chinese textbooks' vocabulary lists are prepared:
→ HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi, 汉语水平考试, 漢語水平考試)
→ TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language)
→ Practical Audio Visual Chinese 2nd Edition
→ Integrated Chinese, Expanded 2nd Edition
→ New Practical Chinese Reader, Vol 1
→ Practical Chinese Reader
→ Beginner's Chinese
→ Intermediate Chinese
→ Pimsleur Mandarin
→ Schaums' Outlines Chinese Vocabulary
→ Colloquial Chinese
☆ Chinese flashcards can be saved to different categories
☆ if you make a mistake the word will be offered to you more often
☆ if you add a new word from dictionary to your Chinese flashcards it will also be offered more often
☆ supports both traditional and simplified Chinese (if you make a mistake when practising traditional Chinese, it will not affect the simplified Chinese equivalent so you can practise both)
☆ add any word from the Chinese dictionary to your Chinese flashcards
☆ add your own custom Chinese flashcards
☆ convenient editing of categories and Chinese flashcards
☆ export all Chinese flashcards to a file
☆ import Chinese flashcards from a file (ZDT format or Wheebee Chinese format in UTF-8 encoding)
☆ the app is also available in Czech and part of the app was translated to Chinese
☆ a detailed "Frequently asked questions" section is available inside the app
☆ two themes available (dark and light)
Advantages over other apps:
☆ Spaced Repetition system for free
☆ not only English Chinese, but also French Chinese and German Chinese dictionary
☆ gives relevant results
☆ built-in premade Chinese tests and textbooks' wordlists for practising -> no need to download them
☆ flashcards categorization
☆ Network communication: When using the Chinese dictionary for the first time, the app needs to download a database from the Internet.
☆ Storage: The app needs the access to the storage for exporting and importing Chinese flashcards.
* Listen to the reading
* PinYin supported
EMAIL me your comment.
* Over 170.000 words and expressions!
* Works offline! No internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Search in both traditional and simplified Chinese as well as in Pīnyīn form (transcription of Chinese characters into Latin script)
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Chinese (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
* Based on the CC-CEDICT project
This application is supported by ads. The internet access permission is only used to load the ads.
NOTE: The Chinese fonts and Chinese keyboard may not be available in some Android devices.
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to the app settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Chinese (if installed)
ChiDin is a Chinese dictionary that has a focus on the Cantonese language. Most chinese translate to and from Mandarin Chinese and show results in pinyin. ChiDin is focussed on the Cantonese language. It displays results for the Cantonese language and includes pronunciations in jyutping.
Pinyin is also provided so you can use ChiDin as a Mandarin Chinese dictionary as well as a Cantonese dictionary.
This release of ChiDin is the first release of ChiDin for Android. This version licenses Adam Sheik's excellent CantoDict online dictionary for results that show not only regular chinese terms but also Cantonese colloquialisms and Hong Kong and Macau place names. For more information about CantoDict check the help pages on the app.
ChiDin uses the Internet permission only to access the CantoDict website and the Network State permission is required by AdMob to display ads.