You can use gps4cam in 3 steps:
➊ Launch gps4cam and press the ‘Start a new trip’ button.
➋ At the end of your trip, press the ‘Export’ button, which will generate a 2D bar code. Take a picture of this screen with your camera
➌ Upload the pictures to your mac or pc using gps4cam desktop (free download on our website). This software will automatically geotag your pictures.
✔ No need to manually synchronize the time and date of your phone and your camera
✔ Share one bar code with several cameras
✔ Date your photos with your phone data
✔ Visualize the trip and different capture points on a map
✔ Share the geotagged pictures on websites like Flickr, Picasa or Panoramio
✔ Organize the geotagged pictures with software like iPhoto, Aperture or Lightroom (mac & pc).
✔ Works with all camera brands including Canon, Nikon, Sony and Panasonic
✔ Geotag all the usual image formats (jpg, raw, tiff...)
✔ Contextual help and instructions
✔ Complete FAQ
✔ Guided tour
✔ Multilingual (English, French, German and Dutch)
✔ GPX export
4 MODES, 4 WAYS OF USING THE APP
➜ Standard: one capture every 1, 5 or 10 minutes
➜ Precise: one capture every 30 seconds
➜ Energy saving: one capture every 30 minutes
➜ Manual: Capture by shaking your phone
SOME RECENT REVIEWS
☆ "You could purchase a GPS peripheral for your camera or add the location information to each photo manually—or give gps4cam a try. (...) Great app." (MacLife)
☆ "If you are a photographer and you have an iPhone, gps4cam is the iPhone app you need!" (onextrapixel.com)
☆ "Very useful iPhone app." (The-Digital-Picture.com)
☆ "This app works really well and is a very good and inexpensive way to geotag all of your images." (digitalphotobuzz.com)
☆ "What if you want to geotag pictures from another digital camera? Now, there is an app for that!" (photographyblog.com)
☆ "Overall, it's a brilliant idea that's well executed and well priced." (learningdslr.com)
* Pixelmania.nl award (Android version) *
* Macworld - Geotagging App Of The Year 2010 (iPhone version) *
* PhotoPlus magazine BEST ON TEST Award! (iPhone version) *
● See Geotag Photos video at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
● English, German, French and Czech localization!
This Lite version supports all functions of full version, except automatic logging. You can enable automatic logging for 3 days to try it.
● complete geotagging solution - Android application for automatic storing of location data & desktop application for geotagging of pictures. No need to purchase another desktop app!
● can run on background with Android phone in sleep mode
● Android application - tracking of your position, multiple logging modes, working in sleep mode, displays logged track on the map
● Export to GPX standard format - 3 ways how to do this: saving on memory card, by email or from web. No need to have internet or wifi connection for GPX export!
● Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quick and easily!
● works perfectly on any operating system - Windows, Mac OS X and even Linux
● supported image formats for geotagging: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This Android app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs your every change and is best if you need most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your phone battery.
When you return from your trip, you can synchronize logged data with our desktop application and geotag photos taken by your camera. We support both amateur cameras (compact) and professional ones (DSLR). We also supports geotagging of various RAW formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to well know and widely used GPX format - in this new version is NOT NECESSARY to upload data to remote server, you have your GPX files always prepared and can find them on phone memory card or you can send them from your phone by email.
few ideas how to use Geotagged photos:
- use Places function of modern viewing applications (Picasa, iPhoto, Aperture) to see your photos on map
- find your photos by place (for example find quickly all photos from New Your in your Photo library)
- upload Geotagged photos to social sites (flickr.locr or so)
Let us know what you would like to see on the next version – we’ll be happy to look for ways to implement it for you!
Visit our website for more information! Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog for news.
- Android 1.6 or above with GPS chip (most of devices)
- operating system with Java 1.6 installed (it is already installed on Mac OS X 10.6, free for download for Windows / Linux). Doesn't work with non-intel Mac OS X 10.5.
q: how much it will drain my battery?
a: depending on logging mode, that you choose and on concrete device. If you choose reasonable logging mode (like to get position every 10 minutes or so), phone battery will be enough for more than day.
q: will it work abroad, if I don't have roaming?
a: yes, but it can take longer time before it gets the first position (especially after first usage after your travel by plane). No internet data connection is required for logging
q: what can I do, if I need help?
a: we have very fast support - just write us email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply you within a day (but usually faster).
* EXCLUDE APP FROM TASK MANAGER KILL LIST *
- Update GPS Tag of JPG Exif manually.
- Tested updated location (Geo Tag) can be recognized by Picasa, Flickr, Panoramio, Nikon my Picturetown and digiKam.
- You can also copy photos from your DSLR/DC to Android device SD Card and tag it with location.
- Move to SD.
- Support My Location from GPS/Network.
- Support Find Location:
* Touch on the "Find Location" button in map view
* Enter the name of the location
* Touch on the "Find" button
* Touch on the "Go" button if any matched location found
* Touch on "Dismiss" button when finished
You can install GeoLLERY (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pkg.geollery) to view photos with Geo Tag on Map.
- GPS Tracking
- 1. Auto-making Tracks
- 2. Auto-naming Tracks
- 3. Tracking Timer
- 4. Tracking Notifications
- Record / Edit GPS coordinates
- Manage GPS records
- View GPS records on Maps
- Draw Route of GPS Records on Maps
- GPX (1.0, 1.1) Export / Import
- Geotag jpg/jpeg files
- 1. Auto Mode - Geotag photos based on comparison of EXIF date and GPS record date.
- 2. Manual Mode - Geotag any photos with one manually entered GPS coordinate.
- View geotagged photos on Maps
- Share photos in Twitter, Goople Plus, Facebook
*Geotag your Digital photos using GPS tracker in your phone!
*Do you have a DSLR camera (or Mirrorless, Digital) without GPS tracker? THIS APP IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED!
*TUTORIAL IS AVAILABLE INSIDE THE APP*
*How-to-Do (Auto Geotagging)
Start Tracking -> Take photos with your DSLR (Mirrorless, Digital) camera -> Stop Tracking -> Load GPS record -> Load DSLR photos -> Geotag photos with GPS record
1) GPS Tracking
Above all, make sure your camera clock is in sync with the system time of phone. Check the system time of the phone in settings menu. To make a new track, tap “Start GPS Tracking” and enter a new name. It will start receiving GPS signals. If the location service is turned off, it will ask you to turn it on. You can check the status of GPS tracking in detail such as start time, latitude, longitude, … etc. With this tracking on, take photos with your camera. If you are done taking pictures, tap “Stop Tracking.”
2) Manage GPS Records
You can see the list of GPS records. You can search for a track by its name. If you tap an item, it will show the track information in detail. If you long-tap an item, a dialog box with 3 items - Google Maps, Export to GPX, Delete - will pop up. Tap Google Maps, it will show the location markers of the track on Google Maps. Tap Export, it will export the record to GPX xml. Tap Delete, it will erase the GPS record.
Above all, make sure the geotagging mode is set properly. First, copy photos you want to geotag to your phone.
((Auto Mode)) *IMPORTANT* Geotagging works correctly only for photos taken during the GPS tracking. Second, tap “Select” in order to select a track date. Third, tap “Load” to select photos from your phone. Finally, tap “Start” to geotag your photos based on GPS data you loaded.
((Manual Mode)) Select the GPS location by yourself. You can search the location by address. Then load any photos you want to geotag. Tap “Start” to geotag your photos.
4) Show Geotagged Photos / Share Photos
Load geotagged photos first then tap Google Maps icon to view geotagged photos on the Map. Or you can upload photos to Twitter and G+. You need to authorize the app to get an access to your account.
* Expected Questions
Q1. Do you collect my location data? Where the location data is stored?
A1. No, we do not collect your location data. You don’t need to be concerned about your location privacy at all. It stores GPS locations in your local database of your phone. You can also make log files of GPS tracks if you want (optional), but it also is saved only in your phone. Trust us, we don’t care where you go.
Q2. What if I accidentally forced the app closed while it was receiving GPS signals?
A2. It is okay. By saying it’s okay we mean all of GPS locations are already inserted to your database up to that point. The app inserts GPS locations to your database in real-time when it receives GPS signal. If the app was closed accidentally, you simply don’t know the end time of the track. But it is not used for geotagging your photos anyway. That’s it. So start tracking again.
We would love to hear from you. If you have any bug reports or suggestions, please contact us. Thank you for downloading the app.
*Designed and Developed by Bjourne Heckman. Copyleft 2014 (c) BjourneApps. All rights unreserved.
Shows popular Panoramio photos near your current location.
- Search for photos near interesting places (like 'Mount Everest'), countries, cities and streets,
- View photos in fullscreen,
- View single photo on Google Maps,
- Start navigation to photo location,
- Show all photos of Panoramio photographers,
- Mark photos as 'Favorite',
- Mark Photographer as 'Favorite',
- Share photos.
I added ability to save a screen image to a file "FigerPaint.java".
I use "ColorPickerDialog.java" without modification.
You can draw a picture on the screen,and save drawing to the gallery as PNG file.
If you are installing the Paint2SS, draw a picture on the screen shot.