This Oxford University Press source of information, Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties, Ninth Edition, is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
• Twelve books in one covering all the core clinical specialties
• Practical, step-by-step advice for clinical practice
• Extensively illustrated with over 400 colour photographs and line drawings
• Practices a unique philosophy of medicine that has come to be respected the world over
• Fully cross-referenced to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
New to this edition
• New and improved referencing system for clarity and ease of use, as well as updated references to cover all the newest guidelines across the specialties.
• Additional figures across the chapters, including a revised map of the dermatomes in line with new research
• A new junior author, Keith Amarakone, joins the team, maintaining the book's relevance to today's doctors
Now in its 25th year, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties has been revised and updated by a trusted author team to bring you practical, up-to-date clinical advice and a unique outlook on the practice of medicine. Twelve books in one, this is the ultimate guide to the core clinical specialties for students, junior doctors, and specialists.
This edition features a new and improved referencing system guided by a team of junior doctors, ensuring that the text is packed with valuable references to the most salient data and guidelines across the specialties. Each chapter has been updated on the advice of a team of specialists, to bring you everything you need for any eventuality on the ward or in the field. This essential handbook guides the reader through the management of an unprecedented spectrum of conditions and eventualities, from sexual health to major incident management. Compact and filled with high quality artwork, directions to further reading, and wise advice, this book is an ideal resource for revision and reference on the go.
With its companion volume, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties offers a unique perspective on the practice of medicine. Filled with wit, wisdom, and humanity, this book draws on literature, history, and personal experience to teach a philosophy of medicine that always puts the patient at the centre of compassionate care. It is a trustworthy companion for anyone with the spirit of self-improvement and a passion for their practice.
Readership: Clinical medical students, junior doctors, trainee and practising general practitioners, specialist nurses.
Audience: This Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties, Ninth Editionis intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors:Judith Collier, Murray Longmore, and Keith Amarakone
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.