This Oxford University Press source of information, Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, third edition, is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
• Provides practical advice on all aspects of general adult psychiatry and other psychiatric sub-specialties
• Updated to ensure direct relevance for trainees and students in psychiatry as well as psychiatry professionals
• Fully revised from a disorder-based to presentation-based format
New to this edition
• Substance misuse and forensic psychiatry chapters fully revised to ensure direct relevance for trainees as well as psychiatry professionals
• Fully revised to cover latest changes in mental health legislation, and major changes in psychiatric practice, training and examinations
• New information included on Adult ADHD, new drugs of abuse (e.g. GBL, GHB, mephodrone), coverage of assessment/treatment orders, and clinical decision making in a prison setting
Fully revised and updated for the new edition, the Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry provides the most up-to-date information clinically relevant to the doctor on the ground. Using a presentation-based format it provides detailed advice on clinical decision making after diagnosis. This handbook is an indispensable companion for any professional working in psychiatric medicine.
Covering all major psychiatric conditions and sub-specialties, this handbook provides practical and comprehensive guidelines and in-depth coverage of psychiatric assessment, psychopathology, evidence-based practice, therapeutic issues, and transcultural psychiatry. It is indexed alphabetically by ICD-10 / DSM-IV classification codes and acute presentations for quick access. It reflects the recent major changes to psychiatric training and examination as well as the latest drug information. Reviewed by experienced clinicians, and revised by Specialist Trainees, this handbook not only gives expert advice for psychiatry professionals, but is also directly relevant to trainees in psychiatry. For the third edition, new information includes guidance on Adult ADHD, information on new drugs of abuse (e,g, GBL, GHB, mephodrone), and clinical decision-making in the prison setting. With such broad coverage and depth of guidance, this is the must-have pocket guide for all professionals and trainees working in psychiatry.
Readership: Specialist trainees starting psychiatric training, clinical medical students, psychiatric trainees approaching professional exams (e.g. MRCPsych in the UK), and psychiatric specialists
Audience:Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors:Edited by David Semple and Roger Smyth
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.