It offers a new alternative to a snooze button. Instead of fumbling in the dark searching for that button, you can set up alarms to play for a defined duration and you can set them multiple times to go one after another at an intervals so you can give yourself time to wake up slowly, no need to jump up from sleep to shut that alarm.
You configure your set to your liking and there is no limit on how many alarm clocks you can set. Your set can include any combinations of the following sections:
- Select your favorite ring tone
- Choose how long it should play before starting next section
- Type a phrase you want to hear in the morning, the text is completely up to you
III. Calendar events (Available for Android 4.0 and above)
- Listen your schedule on Google calendar or any other calendar you link to your device
IV. Weather forecast
- Select your city and listen to the short forecast for next few day (you choose how many, maximum 7 days)
- Includes temperature (C or F) and general conditions (rain or sunshine)
V. News – Multiple popular news sources powered by Google and Twitter.
- Google news allows selection of your favorite Google topics (headlines, world, entertainment, etc.). You can choose just the headlines or with a brief summary for each item.
- Twitter includes sites from popular news sources. There are multiple pre-configured sites but you can set up you own favorite, just type in hashtag.
- With Twitter you can also include part of the article attached to a tweet, you choose how many paragraphs to read before going to the next tweet and how many tweets to read.
But even more than that, you can listen to any of your sets any time you want by pushing the button. No need to wake your partner, listen to it in the car or while brushing your teeth. Catch up on the news while sipping your coffee or tea any time of the day.
A tweet caught your attention? Click on the article link in the browser and then button “Speak” – it will read the full article for you.
Unlimited number of alarms; set a different one for each day of the week and different time of the day.
Will wake you up even if the phone is on mute, has its own setting for volume independent of your phone settings.
Voice can be configured for pitch and speech rate.
Weather location is setup automatically using device GPS, but can be also manually typed in for any other location in the form "City,Country".
Application supports 6 languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Russian (application will try to download and set up your language from the list for Google Text-to-Speech, but if it is unsuccessful you may need to set it up in your device settings yourself). Only "Google News" are provided in all languages above, Twitter sites included are in English only. If you find news on Twitter in your language you can add it to your app yourself.
IMPORTANT: Application uses Text-to-Speech software installed by default on most android devices.
If you are not satisfied with this default and to fully appreciate the app you can download a more natural voice for speech synthesis from Google Play store. "SVOX Classic Text to Speech Engine" is best for this app (Grace or Michael) or "IVONA Kendra" (better than Android default but not best for this app).
Keywords: alarm clock plus, alarm clock, news, calendar, weather, smart alarm, wake up, text to speech, twitter, google, no adds,text to voice
More from developer
If you love this app, the Ad-free version is available for just 99p!
- Look up almost any Anime or Manga title in an instant!
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news!
- A fantastic-looking app, designed for Android users first and foremost!
We do have plans to integrate support for MyAnimeList in a future version, so you'll also be able to bookmark titles for future watching or reading!
NOTE: All data in this application is provided by AnimeNewsNetwork.com. Please note that Panda Pair Software is not responsible for the data provided by ANN for this application, therefore information or images provided by this application may be unsuitable for younger audiences.
RSS Alarm is an alarm clock with an emphasis on staying up-to-date. Wake up in the morning to the latest news via RSS feeds, read out by your phone. Rise to that podcast you've been meaning to listen to. You can even use a normal alarm tone if that's your style.
Your RSS feeds are regularly updated, so you'll always wake up to the latest information.
RSS Alarm has a number of neat tricks up its sleeves, including:
- The ability to import RSS feeds from Google Reader
- Automatic importing of podcasts from Google Listen and other podcatchers
- A soothing night clock that is easy on the eyes in the dark.
- An Ice Cream Sandwich-inspired interface, ready for any Android 2.2+ device.
This version is supported by adverts. By upgrading to the paid version you can get rid of the adverts and be the first to try all of RSS Alarm's newest features such as Shake-to-Snooze.
- Android's text-to speech engine only supports English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Other languages may require third-party text-to-speech engines.
Love it? Loathe it? Found any bugs? Email me at email@example.com, or contact me on Reddit (DoddyUK).
- Selects numbers for all major UK lotteries (Lotto, Thunderball and Euro Millions).
- More lotteries to come in future updates.