- the background color changes with the wind speed
- the direction of the wind is shown on a live compass
- change between different wind speed units (beaufort, mph, km/h, knots)
- The wind is automatically updated every hour
- The location is automatically updated when you move more than 5 miles/10km
- share the wind data with your friends
Ad supported freeware
outdoor, gps, weather, local, mph, kmh, measure, biking, surfing, sailing, speed, beaufort, compass, windy
It is simple and straight to the point. After the application starts just tap it, you will get all the information at the screen.
Weather Vane does not access any of your data, just the network status and internet. The ammount of internet data consumption is minimal, allowing you to use it as many times as you like without worrying about your data consumption.
Soon we will update Weather Vane with more functionalities like: choosing the location, settings and whatever you suggest in the comments.
* forecasts for 40000+ spots
* observations from 18000+ weather stations
* configurable favorites, measuring units
„Windfinder“ is free, with ads. „Windfinder Pro“ is not free, without ads and with Superforecast (hourly time steps, available in Europe, North America and Egypt), with widgets and global wind forecast maps.
speed measurement scales. It may find specific use for all Kitesurfers,
Windsurfers, Sailors and other fans of wind related activities. iOS and
Android version will aslo show you your current wind speed based on your
-Report for 50,000 + Weather Stations
-Virtual Station Forecasts for Anywhere on Earth
-Create Wind Profiles
-Wind Alerts via Push Notifications
-Sea Surface Temperatures
-Ability to view and post onsite reports. When you post an onsite report, you can optionally use the WeatherFlow Wind Meter to measure the wind! The wind meter uses the audio jack, and that's why the app needs audio permissions. Learn more about the Wind Meter here: http://www.weatherflow.com/windmeter/
uWind is an Android app that connects easily to a Kestrel Weather Meter using Bluetooth communication. The weatherdata is displayed beautifully on your Android phone (with graphs, multiple screens, etc). Moreover, you can also view the weather-data live on your personal webpage: www.bikesenses.net. This might be handy for spectators or yourself when you can't be near the weather meter. Our goal is give you correct data in an understandable way and to make weather-data more interesting and fun!
We also developed a special handy holder for the Kestrel meter, so you can attach it to a pole on your roof, bikecycle handlebar, etc. You can order this holder in http://fietsenfilm.nl/broxtech/shop/cell-phone-holders/">our shop.
- Easy pairing with Bluetooth
- Stream all date real-time through 3G or wifi
- LIVE graph with weather information of your Kestrel pocket weather station
- Dynamic display (you can choose which information you want to see on the display of your smartphone)
- GPS tracking
- Easy exports (email, csv, etc)
- Email your weather data to any email address you like
Supported Kestrel Models: K4000, K4000 NV, K4100, K4200, K4250, K4300, K4500, K4500 NV
It is encouraged that you pair your Kestrel device to your Android via the Android Bluetooth Settings prior to using uWind for the first time.
Step 1. Buy uWind in Google Play with your Android phone
Step 2. Turn on your Kestrel windmeter and go to settings
Step 3. Turn your Kestrel's logging OFF (Memory Options >> auto store = off)
Step 4. Turn your Kestrel's BlueTooth ON (then press 'info' for pin)
Step 5. Pair your Android with your Kestrel by entering the Kestrel Bluetooth-pin
Step 6. Start uWind App on you Android phone and then it should work
(Step 7. If nothing happens, check the support website: www.broxtech.com)
For more information on Bluetooth Kestrel meters, http://www.nkhome.com/kestrel/kestrel-BLUETOOTH/">click here. 'Kestrel' is a registered trademark of Nielsen-Kellerman Co.
Be aware: This is a Beta application.
The full features breakdown below.
- 7 Day forecast.
- Live Spot-by-Spot Conditions.
- Swell, Wind, Period and Pressure charts.
- 7 Day Tide Graphs.
- Live Wave Buoy Data.
- Live Wind Station Data.
- Live Surf Reports from our network of trusted reporters.
- MSW Editorial Features.
- Favourite Spots.
- Superb Surf Specific Photo Gallery.
- Surf Spot/Beach Local Business Directory.
MSW App+ (in-app subscription).
- 10 Day Forecast.
- 10 Day Tide Curves.
- Forecast probability.
- Wind Gusts.
- Wind Chill.
The easiest way to find exactly what the surf is doing at spots around you. Meaning its easier than ever to decide where to surf.
It is very simliar to our mobile site at touch.windguru.cz. The main purpose of the app is to get easily to your windguru forecast on your phone or tablet. It does not have many features (at least yet) but should do what we need...
Warning! If you do not know anything about Windguru and you are looking for classic weather app with animated weather pictograms, this is NOT FOR YOU! :-)
Surfline app features include:
- Live streaming HD surf cams for Surfline Premium members, cam still image (updated every 10 mins) for free users
- Surf reports for thousands of spots worldwide that include surf height, wind speed and direction, tides, current weather, sunrise and sunset times, best conditions and map location
- Surf forecasts by Surfline Forecasters (where available) offering 5-days forecasts for Surfline Premium members, and 2-day forecasts for free users
- LOLA Swell Model swell size, period, and direction breakdown
- High-quality surf videos updated everyday
METEO CONSULT supplies weather information to 140 harbour offices and to race organisers: the Route du Rhum, the Transat Jacques Vabre, the mini 6.50 transatlantic race, the Tour de France à la Voile, the Solitaire du Figaro, the Générali Solo, etc…
METEO CONSULT is now making available its expertise in Marine weather forecasting through its new METEO CONSULT Marine Android Phone application.
Completely free, it enables you to view:
• the 10-day coastal forecast for France and Europe with the navigable coastal area
map, information on the wind, swell, temperatures and cloud cover
• the areas surrounding ports, surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing spots,lakes.
It also displays:
• semaphore observations
• warnings and special notices
• coastal warnings by notification and gale warnings
• videos: the situation at sea, for the different sailing areas
• satellite images and precipitation radars
The METEO CONSULT MARINE application is accessible in 4 languages: French, English, Italian and Spanish.
METEO CONSULT forecasts are also available on the www.meteoconsult.com website and by telephone, from France by phoning the short number 3201 (€1.35 per call + €0.34 per minute), and from abroad on +33 1 77 86 86 86 (standard phone call charges apply + subscription or cost of the information).
Wonderful marine application for sailing passionates. Have you just heard weather forecast with strange wind metrics? You have no idea if it's safe to continue sailing? Use FREE marine wind calculator to quickly convert wind speed to your favorite scale.
Marine Wind Calculator supports following wind metrics: Beaufort scale, knots, meters per second, kilometers per hour, miles per hour, common wind names.
Marine Wind Calculator is a MUST HAVE application for every sailing skipper.
Why do they love it? In a word – Design. The app has a simple, yet beautiful interface that makes getting the weather elegant and fun. The groundbreaking UI, combined with a powerful set of weather tools, makes 1Weather the #1 choice.
"#1 Best Weather App for Android” – Phandroid
“Top 25 apps you should download right now” – CNN Tech
"The Most Attractive, Feature-Packed Android Weather App We’ve Ever Seen" – Lifehacker
“The most beautiful weather app we’ve ever seen” – Android Police
• Real-time local weather and forecasts worldwide (Current + 48-hour)
• 10-day extended forecast and precipitation info
• 36-hour and 7-day interactive charts
• Hourly forecast and precipitation info
• Live weather background, dynamic photo backgrounds (Dogs, cats, cars, sports and more!), or create your own custom background
• Follow my location – Your weather automatically updated whenever you are on the move
• LIVE animated radar plus severe weather layers including fire, flood, freezing, hurricane, ice, snow, tornados, wind, and winter (US only)
. Comprehensive map layers: radar, clouds, surface temperature, dew point, relative humidity, wind speed, and UV Index
• Animated sunrise, sunset, and Lunar phase
• Save multiple locations to access quickly and easily
• Gorgeous reconfigurable home screen widgets, including 3 clock widgets
• Share weather information (including screenshots and alert text) with friends and family via email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
• National Weather Service Area Forecast Discussion provides overview for your area from NWS meteorologists
• True server-based push alerts for NWS supported locations with configurable notification options by location and alert level (watches, warnings, advisories)
• Configurable Ongoing notification shows current conditions and adds temperature to your notification bar for dynamic “My Location” or a location of your choice.
• DashClock integration allowing you to select a location of your choice
• Daydream mode support (Android 4.2+)
• Android Wear support (Android 4.3+ / Requires Google Play Services 5.0+, just launch 1Weather and Current Conditions and Forecast will appear on your wearable device)
• More than 25 different languages available
• Customizable Units:
Temperature: Fahrenheit or Celsius
Wind: mph, kph, m/s, knots and Beaufort scale
Pressure: Inches of mercury, millibars, millimeters of mercury
Distance: Miles, Kilometers
• Interesting and educational weather facts and videos
The WeatherFlow Wind Meter* will work with any Android device that provides enough power through the audio jack. That includes most newer Android devices, and it is known to work with the following Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 4G LTE, and Motorola Xoom.
Accurate: measure the wind speed and direction.
Flexible: Reads in meters/second, miles/hour, knots, kilometers/hour, & beaufort scale.
Shareable: Share your readings with friends, instantly.
Tide Prediction works completely OFFLINE (except Google Maps integration) - meaning no costs for data traffic - and is ultra-fast.
The graphical tide chart also nicely indicates the daylight distribution. An event view shows the times for ebb and flood.
* tides for over 3000 tide and current stations world-wide (therefore, the app takes considerable space on your phone)
* uses your GPS and/or network provider to support location search
Please mail any issues and improvements. Thanks!
NOT FOR NAVIGATION. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the underlying dataset, tide location coverage is limited to the following countries: USA, Canada, Mexico UK, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand