▪ Search with Google, Bing, Yahoo, blekko, or DuckDuckGo
▪ Stop search engines and ISPs from tracking your searches
▪ Anonymize your IP address, browser cookies, and other personal info
Disconnect Search is developed by Disconnect, a Certified B Corp that creates award-winning, user-friendly privacy and security software. For more info and help, go to our website or follow us:
-Supports Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go and Yahoo Search
-Shows information about the search engines
-Accepts special characters such as +, #, etc
-Uses the math capabilities of the search engines
Help us improve Web Searcher, if you like it, recommend it !
Simply, by highlighting the text you want to search for (from any app or web browser), and hit the share button. Then from the menu chose "Web search by LazySearch".
The app doesn’t have a launcher icon, you run it from Android share dialog.
* Urban Dictionary
More sites will be added soon :)
This is the same app as the free version, but without advertisements.
• Google search
• Yahoo search
• Bing search
• Wikipedia search
• DuckDuckGo search
• Weather Forecast search
• Twitter search
• Search globally in Google Maps
• Search Google Play Store (Android Market)
• Search Google News (all languages/countries)
• YouTube search
• DailyMotion search (all 28 countries supported)
• Amazon search (all 9 countries supported)
• eBay search (14 countries supported)
• For Latin-American users: Search MercadoLibre/MercadoLivre (7 countries supported)
• For Korean users: Search Naver (네이버), Nate (네이트) and Daum (다음)
• For Russian users: Search Yandex (Яндекс)
• Switch between different Search Engines with one click.
• Instant search suggestions. Tap them repeatedly to refine your search.
• Add multiple Widgets to your Home Screen, and customize each one as you want.
• Voice Search.
• Quick Search is fast, lightweight and easy-to-use. The search results open in your web browser.
• Many different languages and countries are supported. You can easily change the language/country settings within the app, and the Search Engines will adapt.
• It's faster than doing a search in the Web Browser.
• Weather Forecast: Quickly find the Weather in almost any worldwide city. Users in USA, France, UK and Germany can also find the Weather by postal-code / zip-code.
• Google News: An empty search will show the regional news summary for your country. And you can easily change the region in the language settings.
• Open the app from anywhere, by long-pressing the Search button on your phone.
• No intrusive permissions or background services are used, and it's fast to startup.
Quick Search requires 2 permissions:
• Internet Access: To retrieve search suggestions from the selected website.
• Network State: To detect Wi-Fi and provide the best performance.
The app is localized to English, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Indonesian, German, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic. But the Search Engines work in most global languages.
Note: Install to SD Card is not allowed on this app, because it stops the Widgets working properly.
Email your comments and suggestions to Ozmium.
Askeroid is a mobile desktop search widget. We offer 300 different Web search engines in our online catalog, and the number keeps growing! Add Askeroid button or bar widget to your home screen, choose one or more buttons for your most used search engines, and enjoy the full power of vertical search. Add your own search engines in our online crouwdsourcing platform.
We search all vertical areas you may ever need:
- knowledge bases (Wikipedia, IMdB, HowStuffWorks, WolframAlpha)
- dictionaries (Dictionary.com, Thesaurus.com, Merriam-Webster, Canoonet)
- translation services (Google Translate, Lingvo, Multitran, Zargan, Dict.cc)
- files (4Shared, 2shared, HotFileSearch)
- torrents (The PirateBay, Demonoid.me, ISOHunt, KickAss, Toorgle, µTorrent, UTorrent)
- music (AllMusic, Pandora, WhoSampled, Jamendo, Last.fm, Spotiseek)
- videos (YouTube, Vevo, Blip.tv, Criticker)
- images (DeviantArt, Flickr, Creative Commons, Google Images)
- social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Hyves)
- questions and answers (Answers.com, Quora, ChaCha)
- mobile apps (Android Market, Amazon, 1Mobile, AppBrain)
- classifieds (Craiglist, KiJiJi)
- e-commerce (Amazon, Pricegrabber, BestBuy, uSwitch, Dealspl.us, Bondfaro, Mercado, Allegro)
- events (TicketMaster, GrooveTickets)
- maps (Google Maps, Yandex Maps)
- health (WebMD, PubMed.gov)
- news (CNet, Bay News 9, Engadget, Reddit)
- urban culture (Urban Dictionary, Snopes)
There are many other websites and verticals you can search with Askeroid. Do you know that there is a search engine for all things about peanuts? Try The Peanut Roster.
If you have no idea what search engine fits your need best, use a new focused no-spam search engine (Blekko, DevilFinder, DuckDuckGo, Mooter, Beaucoup, Copernic) or natural language question search (Ask.com, True Knowledge,). You might be surprised at how good they are!
You can also use an old fashioned general purpose search engine (Google, Bing, Ask, Yahoo,) or try meta search across them all (Dogpile, Webcrawler, Hotbot). Several search engines can even make you some money (Swagbuck, MyPoints).
If you live in a non-English speaking country, we have for you national search engines (Baidu, Yandex, Terra, Eniro, entireWeb).
If the search engine you need is not listed or found inside Askeroid, use a feature "Not found" to send me a message. I quickly fulfill most (but not all) requests - please do not ask for warez or porn! You are free to use such search engines but not through Askeroid.
Askeroid widget may appear on home screen automatically after installation if your Android version and security settings allow it. Add it to Home screen manually if it does not appear.
To install a widget:
1. Select the screen where you want your widget to be.
2. Either press Menu and then Add to Home or long press on the empty space on the screen until an Add menu appears.
3. Press Widget.
4. Select Askeroid 1x1 or Askeroid 4x1 widget type.
Askeroid customization screen will pop out. Select the search engine(s) and visual style you like and press BACK arrow when done.
You can add more than one Askeroid widget to the same screen or different screens. Each widget can have a different set of search engine icons. However, each widget must also be customized separately.
1. Press an icon of the search engine you want to use.
2. Type on the on-screen keyboard. Your search string will appear in the search field above.
3. When done, press the search "Magnifying Glass" button on the right.
Your search results will be in the browser window that will open.
To cancel, press a BACK key once to close a keyboard and twice to close the search field.
NEED HELP ? FOUND A BUG ?
Write to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page
1. Voice Recognition(note 1)
2. Suggestion from various search engines
3. Keyword history saving(note 2)
4. Can be triggered by sending/long pressing/copying/sharing/websearch the keyword you want from other apps
5. Provide different search engines(web, images, videos etc) and searching criteria(upload time, video duration, image size etc. see note 3), and can be saved as a profile for later use:
- Google(time, result)
- Youtube(upload time, sort by, result type, 3D, long)
- Google Image(size, color, type, time)
- Google Book(book type, time, view, sort by)
- Google finance
- Yahoo! finance
- Oxford Adv. Learner's Dict
- Urban Dictionary
- New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Yahoo! Video(video duration, upload time, video source)
- Baidu(百度) Video(duraton, upload time, source site)
- Baidu(百度) Image(size, format, type, colour)
- Ars Technica
- The Verge
- Sogou(搜狗) (time)
- Sogou(搜狗) Image
- Bing Video(Desktop mode: length, resolution, source)
- Bing Images(Desktop mode: size, color)
1. Internet access is required for advertisement and suggestions.
2. Locale/Language setting of your system is required for determining the best suggestion.
3. Apart from the information sent to searching engine, no other information will be uploaded or collected.
4. History can be deleted.
1. If you want to search for a word definition from various online dictionary, press "+" button to add a profile called "Dictionary", then click google in the list, uncheck the box, click "Wiktionary", check the box, press back button, click "Urban Dictionary", check the box, press back, enter the word and press the search button.
2. If you travel to PRC: press "+" button to add a profile called "PRC", press "Google", toggle "enabled" to false, press back button, press "Baidu(百度)", toggle "enabled" to true, press back button, press "Suggestion", click "Baidu(百度)"
1. For Voice Recognition, Google Voice service is required. Some systems do not have it installed by default. Keneric Searcher will search it in your app market if possible and you can install it at your own risk.
2. In the main screen, press menu button, select "Remove All History"
3. Some search options may not work for certain language/location, or may require your browser working in desktop mode.
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Developed by: Eric Wong
Last updated: 14-12-2013