I fixed it to make it work with arbitrary contact sources (like CardDAV-Sync).
Also this version got some improvements. Write me for additional feature requests.
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Currently, it has the following enhancements (compared to the stock contact editor of Android 2.1):
* stateful editing: return to an unsaved contact with the new launcher
* option to set default account for new contacts
* copy/move contact between accounts (tap account icon for a menu)
* merge data from another contact
* remove a contact from a specific account
* basic group management (still needs some work)
* more predefined labels for phone numbers and emails (for custom contact sources)
* labels for websites
* support for editing "Relation" (not for Exchange)
* support for Google's custom fields (Google Contacts only)
* slightly rearranged layout (less scrolling)
* extra confirmation step when deleting fields (to prevent accidental deletion of fields)
* "take photo" option
* select photo size
* manage multiple contact photos
* additional fields in organization: department & role
* date picker for events (can handle phones that store dates as timestamps internally)
* set contact ring tone and "send directly to voice mail"
* field for "Internet Call" (Android 2.3+ only)
* allows to set behaviour when back-button is pressed
* collapse editor sections for aggregated contacts
* responsive user interface
* option to disable phone number auto-formatting
* more to come (write me)
After installing this app you won't see any launcher icon in your app list. It will be started whenever you try to edit or create a contact (and you select "Contact Editor Pro").
This app will not edit or remove contacts from read-only sources like Facebook! This is due to the definition of read-only ;-).
Also, if you see a blank screen when editing contacts that are aggregated with a Facebook contact, try to remove and recreate your Facebook account. Facebook limits access from other apps which breaks the contacts API in a way. For further information see http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/22/google-android-facebook-contacts/
Please keep in mind that your sync adapter may not be able to sync all fields that Contact Editor Pro offers.
Also, this app lets you edit some fields, that many contact apps do not even show (department, role, website labels). This is not a Contact Editor Pro bug.
Note regarding Events:
There is a big problem with events in this editor (better: with Android). The Android SDK documentation states about the database column for the date: 'The event start date as the user entered it.' Unfortunately does every manufacturer have it's own opinion about the format. Some are happy with 'yyyy-mm-dd', my phone uses unix timestamps.
So, before you can edit an event's date you will have to set the device's internal date format. Open the menu and select "settings". If your device doesn't recognize one format, try another one. Write me if no format works for you!
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn't work on..." won't help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
Please report bugs by sending me a mail stating what happened and what you did before it happened. Often the Market bug reports are not very helpful without additional informations.
* taken contact photos appear twice in media gallery
Supports more fields than the stock contacts view, including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Instant Messaging (chat)
- Gmail Custom Fields
Highlighted Search Text
If you use Contact View with Contact Lookup Pro/Fast, then any search text is highlighted in Contact View.
HTML in Notes
Simple HTML used in notes is rendered correctly allowing colours, styles and clickable links.
This is the 'donation' version that has no adverts. It is functionally identical to Contact View Free, so you might want to try that version first before buying this one.
You can press the list elements for some context sensitive actions if these are supported by your device. This includes dialling, SMS, chat (IM), email, websites and maps integration.
Pressing a group can Email or SMS the group members. (Needs Contact Lookup Pro or Fast version)
Pressing a relation will initiate a search in Contact Lookup Fast.
Long-pressing an item will copy the data to the clipboard.
If you press the contact name banner, it will open the default contact edit application. Long pressing will also open the default contact viewer.
If you press the contact's favourite star, it will open the default contact view from where you can set the favourite status.
Swipe left or right to page through the results of the search from Contact Lookup Application screen. You can also use the left and right icons. You can also do this via the Quick Search Box, but due to limits imposed by QSB you will only see a maximum of ~50 records.
Long-pressing on the arrows will move to the start or end of the contacts. This can be configured from the menu to move 5, 10, 25 or 50 pages.
New menu options allow you to override the sort order from Contact Lookup. You can choose to sort by Display Name, Forename, Surname, Post code or Organisation.
This application works on any phone with OS 2.1+, but is especially useful for owners of a HTC device if they want to view full contact details. The built in 'People' application is rubbish for viewing these details.
It's not a replacement for the built-in Contact Manager. It's purely to view the contact details in a clearer format.
To use this view either run the contact search applications and press on the contact result or view a contact from the default contact manager.
Contact Lookup Pro and Contact Lookup Fast can use this view as the default via a preference in the menu settings. Initially users of these applications may have to LONG-PRESS to see Contact View.
Some devices do not allow relationships to be entered directly on the device. However, you can enter this detail using the Gmail contact editor on the web. Access your web based Gmail account here -> https://mail.google.com
Tablet Users/ HTC users
If you are using a tablet with OS 4.0 or greater and NOT any of the Contact Lookup applications, then you won't be able to use this application as the default People application does not allow you to view contacts with another application. This also affects some later HTC devices (e.g. HTC Desire X OS4.0.4 and the HTC One)
For those folks who would like the default Android editor, then take a look at the link below. Works well with the SoftWyer suite of contact applications.
CALL_PHONE - To enable one-touch dialling
READ_CONTACTS - To show the contact data
★No.1 of top 100 Free app in Amazon app store of America, German,France, Italy ★
★ AndroidAuthority: Almost like a real notebook ★ Gizmodo: One of the 10 Best S Pen Apps for the GALAXY Note II. ★ Applatter: An app for all your note-taking needs! ★ XDA: Awesome Note taking app
Say good-bye to bringing large and bulky bags with Handy Note. It's a personal, professional, and school notebook all at the same time, it almost like a real notebook.
You can create password-protected journals. This way, you’ll be able to prevent other people from sneaking into your private notes. Highly recommend this feature to anyone who likes to write diaries and personal memos.
What’s great about paper notebooks is that you can write things using your own handwriting style. It makes you feel more connected to the things that you write. The same goes for Handy Note. It provides its own handwriting tool which is great for stylus pen users.
Freedom of input and layout
put all following elements on the same page: text, handwriting, free drawing, photo, video, symbol, shape, SMS, contact, date/time, apps, and more. change element's size, color, background, and put them anywhere on pages freely.
Unlike other note-taking apps, Handy Note features a lot of customization options. You are also free to choose from its wide range of build in templates. There are templates for diaries, business, academics, etc. You can even create a personal notebook planner. Plus, you can create unlimited pages.
Quick View and Preview Widget:
Are you too lazy to flip the pages? Well, you don’t really have to. With this app, you can simply take a quick glance of your notes via Quick View. You can also browser notebooks page by page on your Android desktop without open Handy Note.
★Magic Pen: No matter you are using finger or stylus, double panel writing allows you to write without stopping and feel like writing on a paper.
★Editable handwriting: handle your handwriting just like editing text: copy & delete word by word, bulletin & numbering, alignment, and mix with text.
★Notelet: Insert combinations of contents / functions into a page just like put widget on your desktop. Items such as Date, Time, SMS, contacts, link, video, webview . Notelet can make your notebook a personal hub.
★Random access with Evernote in enex form.
★ Add -on for Handy Note Pro: 9 App Package and 15 Resource Package.
ResPack 01- Free Notebook: personal profile, important number log, contact list
ResPack 03- Free Diary: a set of free installable diary templates
ResPack 06-Healthy Life: 30 logs & checklists for diet, meal planner, workout & exercise.(paid)
ResPack 07-Covers: 32 covers for notebooks and 8 for folders(paid)
ResPack 11 Symbols: 200 high quality, well-designed symbols & icons(paid)
ResPack 13- Family Budget:record your family income and expense in Handy Note.
ResPack 14-Vegetarian List: a grocery shopping list for vegetarian in Handy Note
AppPack 01-Photo Editor: An enhanced photo editing and effects function app
AppPack 02-PIM: Personal Information Manager
AppPack 03-Chart: bar chart ,line chart,pie chart
AppPack 04-List Set: Create check list, home budget, shopping list with calculation functions
AppPack 05-Budget:do money management better by tracking income and expense
AppPack 06-Calender:Enter your work & academic schedule in a clear, easy and convenient way
AppPack 07-Unit Converter:Universal Unit converter and Calculator
To find out more add on and please search " AppPack" " ResPack" " appbody"
- Assign contacts to specific LED colors
- See your last missed call
- Compatible with most devices (Only devices with LEDs)
* Note: LED only goes on when the phone is locked and the screen is off
Memory Booster is a powerful mobile memory & RAM boosting tool specially designed for both Android smartphone and tablet users. It is designed to tackle the difficult yet crucial problem of memory management for all Android devices. Memory Booster reclaims lost memory for your programs by defragmenting your device's memory and recovering memory leaks from poorly behaved applications.
Supported language: English, Korean, Japanese, Italian, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
* Real-time Memory Status Report & Monitor
Memory Booster provides a live chart to demonstrate your device's total/free memory and current memory usage.
* Setting Your Performance Target
With Auto Boost Threshold set, Memory Booster keeps your memory higher than desired level, and act immediately if memory drops down.
* One-click Quick Memory Boosting
Besides automatic memory boosting, Memory Booster also allows you to manually boost your memory by Quick Boost.
* Auto-boosting in the Background
With Auto Boost Interval, Memory Booster runs in the background and automatically reclaims memory for your Android at interval, meanwhile, it cleans away cache file and system garbage.
* Android system crash protection
Memory Booster always watches your system resources and cleans up system memory once it reaches a critical point.
* And there is more…
Other features include embedded Task Killer, Whitelist Manager, Boost Level Manager & Memory Boost Log, which assist Memory Booster to perform more efficiently and friendly.
For rooted device, you can use the task killer to kill apps, and the apps will not start again unless you manually start them.
✓ Backup to dropbox.
✓ Send as email attachment.
✓ Google, Outlook or Custom CSV style.
This application do not restore contacts! yet... We recommend using the restore suggestion below.
Restore Contacts Tip:
⇨ Import the CSV file with http://www.google.com/contacts.
⇦ Contact data will then be synced back to your device.
Why Backup Contacts?
When new contact data is created on your Android™ device, you would think that it’s all saved at the same place by default? this is not always true.
Contacts Data could be saved in places like:
⇨ Google account - contact data
⇨ Phone/Tablet - contact data
⇨ Other: Facebook etc. - contact data
The Backup Contacts application retrieves ALL contact data stored on your Android™ device and saves it into ONE text file for safe keeping.
If you loose your Android™ device! the only contact data backed up by default is the Google account - contact data!
If you like this application, give it some stars.
HOW TO CREATE A SIMPLE PHONE LIST:
① Set the "CSV Style" to "CUSTOM" in the Preference menu option.
② Un-check all boxes except "Display Name" and "Phone" in the preference option "CSV custom style"
③ Press the "Backup to SD-Card" button.
HOW TO RETRIEVE THE CSV FILE:
❐ Mount the SD-Card to your PC.
File location: SD-Card/Backup.Contacts.DATE.csv
⇧ Upload the file to your Dropbox.
File location: Dropbox/Android Backup Contacts/Backup.Contacts.DATE.csv
✉ Send the file to your email address.
File location: Attachment in email
CSV = Comma-separated values
Designed to take notes and navigate with minimum clicks and taps, Sticky Notes beats every other note taking app in ease of use and speed. Multiple fonts and different text sizes make it even more friendly to use.
Put your witty thoughts on a sticky image and easily share it on social media from now on. You can swipe through the stickies for quick navigation. And with the new reminder feature, you will never forget a task.
Searching through your stickies is faster than ever using the search button. You can even search your stickies directly from your Home screen by including the search results in the Google Search widget.
It is complemented by two simple widgets so that you can always have a quick access to your stickies right from your Home screen.
* Elegant UI - quick access to create, edit, search and share sticky notes.
* Swipe between stickies for faster navigation.
* Set reminders with your preferred ring tone and custom volume.
* Multiple colors for stickies.
* Cool themes.
* Home screen & Lock screen widgets.
* Easily sort and organize.
* Multiple fonts and different sizes.
* Tablet friendly.
* Easily share your stickies to Facebook, Twitter, Email or SMS
* Create cool sticky images and share easily. Integrated Facebook to enable posting without native Facebook app.
* Text to speech to read out your notes.
* Backup and Restore feature to create a backup of stickies and restore later to prevent data loss.
NOTE: Phone state permission is used only to reduce the alarm volume if a phone call is in progress.
Have a nice time using Stick Notes!
Your contacts are probably the most important data in your phone, right? This application will deeply analyze your phonebook and bring it close to perfection. The built in intelligence will surprise you, so download it and try. We believe this application is essential and should be included with every phone.
We are excited to provide you this completely new version with a beautiful new user interface! Did you know that one app can offer your contacts so many powerful features?
• Remove all obvious duplicates and even find similar contacts
• You now have direct access to each individual optimization function
• Accounts Merge - a powerful function for moving contacts between accounts. You can move all contacts from your Phone Memory to Google to have them all synchronized and then find and delete all duplicates.
• The ability to mass delete contacts you no longer need
• Correct and nicely format phone numbers
• Locate potentially incorrect contacts which cannot be dialed
• Find all incomplete contacts that have an important contact field empty
• Clean contacts removing empty fields
• Add international prefixes and country codes where needed
• Merge contact fragments into one rich contact
• Locate contacts in your messages and calls that have not yet been saved
• Edit, Delete, Select all or unselect all contacts at any time, just tap and hold the contact
We are investing a lot of effort into this application, please rate it or let us know your feedback at email@example.com.
Important note 1:
Android provides very limited memory to applications so if you try to process too many contacts the application may be stopped. It is not our fault or a bug.
Important note 2:
Different phones have different implementation of contacts. If the application is not showing your contacts, please let us know what phone you are using and what accounts you have. We will be happy to support it for you.
NOTE: It will only work on Launchers which support Scrollable Contacts:
Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher, Zeam, Go Launcher, Home+ etc. are all supported Launcher. Provided you enable Scrollable support in Launcher Settings.
Default Android Launcher does not support Scrollable Widget, neither does HTC Launcher or Samsung TouchWiz Launcher.
There are two Contact widgets:
1. Contact Widget with 2x4 (This display contacts in single column)
2. Contact Widget with 4x4 (This display contacts in 3 columns)
Option to display:
1. All Contacts
2. Contact Groups
3. Favourites etc.
Option to change background widget color
Option to display custom heading on top
Very Fast and low on memory.
All contacts can then easily be restored any time by simply opening .vcf file in your mailbox.
* Offline Backup. No need to sync to any server. Just email the backup file to yourself.
* Your adress book is secure and safe. We don't access or store your contacts.
* Easy restore. No need to any app to restore backup file. Just tap on the *.vcf backup file in the Android mail client.
* Easily transfer contacts between Android Devices using just email client.
* Copy backup file to your computer via USB cable feature.
* Set REMINDER to backup regularly (weekly or monthly)
* Backup Contacts as VCF (VCard)
IMPORTANT NOTE: After sending backup file (*.vcf) to yourself, please check your inbox if message arrived and contains attachment (backup file). Sometimes email providers block attachments if attachment size is too large. Try with another mail account if possible, to send your backup file. Or copy backup file (on SD card) to your computer via USB cable.
This tool will help to fix some (not all) of the causes of "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." message from Google contacts sync. If this app does not work for you - it's because there are multiple causes for this error message. I've fixed some of those only and I do not commit to fix all of them. If you really need help - try to send logs to me via alogcat or via the app itself.
***IMPORTANT: Always do a full contacts backup before running this application.***
In ad-supported version you will need to run fix every time you see a sync problem. If you donate you will be able to disable ads and get automatic fixes for all newly added contacts. There is no need to recreate account.
Please note that if your sync was broken for a long time - you may have to manually confirm big amount of deletions during first sync after running this fix. See notification area for details.
If you are still getting an error after running this application - click Send Log button right after sync fail attempt. It will send me an email (you will be able to review it first) with error log data (if it finds any).
* Added few NRE handlers. Added more donation options.
* Fixed exit issue (removed ads) for those of you who use adblock. Please consider donation
* Fixed a bunch of NREs. Changed FullScreen ad provider - had to add new permissions.
* Added support for contact authoritites on IPhone5 clones
* Fixed crash on service stop
* Improved error reporting
* Improved error reporting
* Added intertestial ad. Fixed some NRE.
* Fixed failing service when task killers are used
* Added verbose logging
* Improved error reporting
* Improved stability. Added startup ad.
* Fixed silent mode checkbox. Thanks to Evgenij Kardash for detailed reporting.
* Added quit button
* Added silent autofix mode for donated versions
* Added 2 more options for donations (functionality remains the same for each donation)
* Fixed 2 possible exception causes
* Added details for multiple google accounts.
* Added detailed error output on what has happened
* FIxed need to run scan twice (occasionaly)
* Fixed occasional crashes
* Fixed occasional crashes
* Improved stability
* Added ru localization
* Fixed unexpected crashes cause (failure to query contacts). Added diagnostic message.
* Fixed unexpected crashes cause (failure to query groups). Added diagnostic message.
* Fixed unexpected crashes (please report if app crashes during execution)
* Service is not executed if less than 20% of battery is left
* Service is on by default
Keywords: syncprovider, syncadapter, fix, sync, google
Error message to be fixed in Spanish: En este momento hay incidencias con la sincronización. Se restablecerá en breve.
Error message to be fixed in Japanese: 現在同期で問題が発生しています。しばらくお待ちください。.
Error message to be fixed in South Korean: 현재 동기화에 문제가 발생했습니다. 잠시 후에 다시 실행됩니다.
Error message to be fixed in German: Bei der Synchronisierung treten momentan Probleme auf. Sie wird in Kürze fortgesetzt.
Error message to be fixed in French: La synchronisation rencontre des problèmes et sera bientôt rétablie.
Error message to be fixed in Chinese: 目前同步處理發生問題。稍後會回復正常。.
Error message to be fixed in Italian: La sincronizzazione presenta dei problemi. Riprenderà a breve.
Error message to be fixed in Dutch: Er zijn momenteel problemen met de synchronisatie. Synchronisatie wordt snel opnieuw uitgevoerd.
Error message to be fixed in Arabic: تواجه المزامنة حاليًا بعض المشاكل. وسوف تكون متاحة خلال وقت قصير.
Error message to be fixed in Turkish: Şu anda senkronizasyon sorunları yaşanıyor. Kısa süre sonra düzeltilecek.
Have you ever started to write an email and then realized that you want to attach the contact information of someone in your People (contacts) app? Only to then find out that the "attach" button in your email client won't offer you to select a contact. Okay, now…
• close the draft
• exit the email app
• open the People app
• open a contact
• press "Share"
• select the email app
• and type the text again
Too complicated? I agree! That's why I made this little app to allow you to attach contacts directly from the email app.
• While composing an email, select the "attach" action.
• When asked what type of attachment you want to add, select "Attach a contact".
• Finally, select the contact whose information you want to attach in the VCARD (.vcf) file format.
• K-9 Mail
• Kaiten Mail
• … and most likely every other email app.
If this app doesn't work for you, please drop me a line using the "email developer" link in the Play store.
Also see Quick Calendar and the widget Quick Toolbar
Version 1.1 : Change icon to match Quick Toolbar
Support development of these tools by purchasing Quick Toolbar
There some advanced features for the contacts export, you can choose a delimiter for the fields, what character the line ends with, linux or windows style. What encoding must be used, this can be proven usefull when having languages with special characters.
The CSV file made will always be available on your phone, only the contacts export will give you the option to pick this location.
2 extra features available:
- SMS export, this will export all your SMS messages to a CSV file.
- Call log export, this will export all the phone calls you made and the incoming call you received.
Raw minimal - this format outputs as it is stored in your phone
Toggl - this format can be imported to time tracking website Toggl: https://www.toggl.com/
All export SMS , Call-log and Addressbook have the option to e-mail the created file.
If you want better integration with your software, please mail us the details.
More from developer
Approved as "SAFE" by Appozle (http://goo.gl/PXNNW9)
Private, password protected diary (journal)
BACKUP BEFORE UPDATE! KEEP YOUR PASSWORD!
Please contact support if you have any issues before rating and posting comment.
Memoires gives a way to quickly enter life moments, thought, memories or notes, capture photos, audio or insert images from gallery. Memoires automatically detects and attaches to a memo the location, addresses, weather and moon phases. It also accepts text and images from other apps.
To keep records and images confidential, Memoires uses password protection and strong encryption.
- Data protection with password.
- Data encryption.
- Timeline, Calendar, Map and Album views.
- Unlimited amount of photos captured or images attached (Storage space is limited by the size of SD card)
- Audio recordings as attachments
- Emotions (smileys)
- Configurable fonts and font size
- Rich text editor
- User fonts from SD card (ttf or otf fonts should be placed into /sdcard/fonts folder)
- Tags to organize and classify records.
- "Flow of thoughts" as an additional way to keep memories linked to each other and organized as continues conversation.
- Integration with device contacts (requires "Memoires Contact Notes" from http://goo.gl/X6DHy8)
- Current weather conditions.
- Current lunar phase
- Geo location, altitude and address either automatically obtained or entered manually on the map.
- Full-text search
- Unlimited possibilities to share records and images by to other applications (depends on application data sent to). Sharing over email, sms, twitter, buzz, facebook etc (required corresponding client apps installed).
- Storing text, links and images from other applications which supports sharing it's data (i.e from gallery, rss readers, ebook readers, browser etc.).
- Export as RTF document for printing including images.
- Export as Google document including images for further editing or sharing with friends.
- Full two-way synchronization with users' Google account.
- Export images to Google Picasa album.
- Full backup and restore.
- Home screen widgets and shortcuts (requires "Memoires Widgets" from http://goo.gl/DnHX4d)
- Supports Move to SD card
Widgets make sense to be used as additions to free "Memoires: The Diary" application which should be already installed on device!
"Memoires Widgets" is not a separate application and it's icon does not appear in the list of apps, but installation adds two widgets and three shortcuts into the Android widget/shortcut lists, which could be used for fast access to "Memoires: The Diary".
To add widgets/shortcuts to the Home screen tap and hold a finger over free space on the Home screen, then choose Widgets/Shortcuts from popup menu, find and choose Memoires widget/shortcut.
"Memoires: The Diary" is the journal/diary application and could be downloaded and installed separately at no charge and without advertising .