I fixed it to make it work with arbitrary contact sources (like CardDAV-Sync).
Also this version got some improvements. Write me for additional feature requests.
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Currently, it has the following enhancements (compared to the stock contact editor of Android 2.1):
* stateful editing: return to an unsaved contact with the new launcher
* option to set default account for new contacts
* copy/move contact between accounts (tap account icon for a menu)
* merge data from another contact
* remove a contact from a specific account
* basic group management (still needs some work)
* more predefined labels for phone numbers and emails (for custom contact sources)
* labels for websites
* support for editing "Relation" (not for Exchange)
* support for Google's custom fields (Google Contacts only)
* slightly rearranged layout (less scrolling)
* extra confirmation step when deleting fields (to prevent accidental deletion of fields)
* "take photo" option
* select photo size
* manage multiple contact photos
* additional fields in organization: department & role
* date picker for events (can handle phones that store dates as timestamps internally)
* set contact ring tone and "send directly to voice mail"
* field for "Internet Call" (Android 2.3+ only)
* allows to set behaviour when back-button is pressed
* collapse editor sections for aggregated contacts
* responsive user interface
* option to disable phone number auto-formatting
* more to come (write me)
After installing this app you won't see any launcher icon in your app list. It will be started whenever you try to edit or create a contact (and you select "Contact Editor Pro").
This app will not edit or remove contacts from read-only sources like Facebook! This is due to the definition of read-only ;-).
Also, if you see a blank screen when editing contacts that are aggregated with a Facebook contact, try to remove and recreate your Facebook account. Facebook limits access from other apps which breaks the contacts API in a way. For further information see http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/22/google-android-facebook-contacts/
Please keep in mind that your sync adapter may not be able to sync all fields that Contact Editor Pro offers.
Also, this app lets you edit some fields, that many contact apps do not even show (department, role, website labels). This is not a Contact Editor Pro bug.
Note regarding Events:
There is a big problem with events in this editor (better: with Android). The Android SDK documentation states about the database column for the date: 'The event start date as the user entered it.' Unfortunately does every manufacturer have it's own opinion about the format. Some are happy with 'yyyy-mm-dd', my phone uses unix timestamps.
So, before you can edit an event's date you will have to set the device's internal date format. Open the menu and select "settings". If your device doesn't recognize one format, try another one. Write me if no format works for you!
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn't work on..." won't help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
Please report bugs by sending me a mail stating what happened and what you did before it happened. Often the Market bug reports are not very helpful without additional informations.
* taken contact photos appear twice in media gallery
Your contacts are probably the most important data in your phone, right? This application will deeply analyze your phonebook and bring it close to perfection. The built in intelligence will surprise you, so download it and try. We believe this application is essential and should be included with every phone.
We are excited to provide you this completely new version with a beautiful new user interface! Did you know that one app can offer your contacts so many powerful features?
• Remove all obvious duplicates and even find similar contacts
• You now have direct access to each individual optimization function
• Accounts Merge - a powerful function for moving contacts between accounts. For example you can move all contacts from your Phone Memory to Google to have them all synchronized and then find and delete all duplicates.
• The ability to mass delete contacts you no longer need
• Correct and nicely format phone numbers
• Locate potentially incorrect contacts which cannot be dialed
• Find all incomplete contacts that have an important contact field empty
• Clean contacts removing empty fields
• Add international prefixes and country codes where needed
• Merge contact fragments into one rich contact
• Locate contacts in your messages and calls that have not yet been saved
• Conversion of vanity numbers like 1-800-MY-GOOGLE
• New contacts editor with adding new fields
• Edit, Delete, Select all or unselect all contacts at any time, just tap and hold the contact
We are investing a lot of effort into this application, please rate it or let us know your feedback at email@example.com.
Important note 1:
Android provides very limited memory to applications so if you try to process too many contacts the application may be stopped. It is not our fault or a bug.
Important note 2:
Different phones have different implementation of contacts. If the application is not showing your contacts, please let us know what phone you are using and what accounts you have. We will be happy to support it for you.
Note Anytime is the only note-taking app available across all major mobile platforms. Winner of multiple awards: Tabby Award for Best Personal Productivity App - Silver Stevie® Award for International Business - Finalist for Appy Award for Productivity - #1 Productivity App in Japan
Capture, share, and access your inspiration anywhere, anytime!
• Note Anytime Lite is free to download and use. This version, Note Anytime Paid, has following advanced capabilities:
• Write, sketch or draw notes with a variety of pens, paper layouts and graphics, including calligraphy pens and special inks from a vast color palette
• New pens styles include highlighter pens, fountain pens and even brushes
• Scale your document up to a whiteboard or down to a sticky note while still maintaining 100% visual integrity with up to 50X zoom capability and vector graphic resolution quality
• Share creations by email or upload to Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr
• Easy file storing and sync files and folders to Digital Cabinet, a cloud service that allows you to save and manage your documents (up to 2GB for free)
• Save drawings as individual JPEG graphics in the items library for later use
• Scale, rotate, or move text boxes anywhere in your work space
• Interactively browse the web from within the app and mark up sites
• Built-in spell checker
• Laser pointer for presentation
• Password protect your notes to ensure your information is kept safe
• Enhanced text formatting options, including the option to add bullets and increase/decrease indents
Here are some ways to use Note Anytime for your personal and business life:
• Generate quick notes and to-do lists
• Capture and markup website pages
• Sketch drawings
• Use as an interactive whiteboard to brainstorm and present during team meetings
• Photo annotation
• Review/edit documents and share feedback through email
• Outline an essay, article or story
• Create your own “Pinterest” board and share via social networks
• Digital scrapbooking
• Play games
• Design flyers or greeting cards
• Draw a flowchart
• Maintain a digital calendar
• Compile recipes
• Create a party invitation
More about Note Anytime: http://noteanytime.com/en/quick_guide.html
Contact us: http://noteanytime.com/en/contact.html
Supports more fields than the stock contacts view, including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Instant Messaging (chat)
- Gmail Custom Fields
Highlighted Search Text
If you use Contact View with Contact Lookup Pro/Fast, then any search text is highlighted in Contact View.
HTML in Notes
Simple HTML used in notes is rendered correctly allowing colours, styles and clickable links.
This is the 'donation' version that has no adverts. It is functionally identical to Contact View Free, so you might want to try that version first before buying this one.
You can press the list elements for some context sensitive actions if these are supported by your device. This includes dialling, SMS, chat (IM), email, websites and maps integration.
Pressing a group can Email or SMS the group members. (Needs Contact Lookup Pro or Fast version)
Pressing a relation will initiate a search in Contact Lookup Fast.
Long-pressing an item will copy the data to the clipboard.
If you press the contact name banner, it will open the default contact edit application. Long pressing will also open the default contact viewer.
If you press the contact's favourite star, it will open the default contact view from where you can set the favourite status.
Swipe left or right to page through the results of the search from Contact Lookup Application screen. You can also use the left and right icons. You can also do this via the Quick Search Box, but due to limits imposed by QSB you will only see a maximum of ~50 records.
Long-pressing on the arrows will move to the start or end of the contacts. This can be configured from the menu to move 5, 10, 25 or 50 pages.
New menu options allow you to override the sort order from Contact Lookup. You can choose to sort by Display Name, Forename, Surname, Post code or Organisation.
This application works on any phone with OS 2.1+, but is especially useful for owners of a HTC device if they want to view full contact details. The built in 'People' application is rubbish for viewing these details.
It's not a replacement for the built-in Contact Manager. It's purely to view the contact details in a clearer format.
To use this view either run the contact search applications and press on the contact result or view a contact from the default contact manager.
Contact Lookup Pro and Contact Lookup Fast can use this view as the default via a preference in the menu settings. Initially users of these applications may have to LONG-PRESS to see Contact View.
Some devices do not allow relationships to be entered directly on the device. However, you can enter this detail using the Gmail contact editor on the web. Access your web based Gmail account here -> https://mail.google.com
Tablet Users/ HTC users
If you are using a tablet with OS 4.0 or greater and NOT any of the Contact Lookup applications, then you won't be able to use this application as the default People application does not allow you to view contacts with another application. This also affects some later HTC devices (e.g. HTC Desire X OS4.0.4 and the HTC One)
For those folks who would like the default Android editor, then take a look at the link below. Works well with the SoftWyer suite of contact applications.
CALL_PHONE - To enable one-touch dialling
READ_CONTACTS - To show the contact data
Contact Lookup Fast searches ALL the contact fields and labels with sub-second search times, even with large contact database.
This is the contact search tool for people who need speed or professionals with large contact databases (tested with over 25,000 contacts)
Look online for the User Manual http://softwyer.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/contact-lookup-fast-user-guide/
Read the search hints post to see the powerful search options http://softwyer.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/contact-lookup-fast-search-hints/
Fast version contains the same basic functionality as the free Contact Lookup application but adds:
- Select the groups to include in the index. Now you can exclude all the Google Plus people you are following ;-)
- Improved phone number search by default
- Specific category searching
- Search your contact notes
- Search contact events
- Search SIP addresses (OS 2.3)
- Search Gmail custom fields
- Search group names
- Palm like Initial + Surname search, e.g. use "ol" or "ola" to find Osma Bin Laden
- Full word and begins-with search modifiers with the ability to make these the default.
- Exclusion (NOT) search modifier
- Sort by Surname
- Quickly show all the contacts in a group
- Email/SMS contacts in search results
- Share contact details as vCards
- Contact photos show in the app screen
- Use SQL wildcards for pattern matching
- Quick launch by long-press on search key
- Integration with Google Search
- Automatic search on key press
- Search text is highlighted in Contact View.
- Choose which accounts are to be included in the index, e.g Gmail
- Save searches as short-cuts to the home screen
- Search and find words with diacritics (e.g. searching for resume finds résumé).
- Structured Names
- Phone Numbers
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Addresses, also know as VOIP addresses. (OS 2.3+)
- Email Addresses
- Website Addresses
- Postal Addresses
- Instant Messaging Addresses
- Contact Events (Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc)
- Contact Notes
- Contact Group Names
- Custom fields entered via Gmail (labels and data)
- Custom labels in the standard contact fields are searched too!
Integration with Contact View
Contact View is a companion application, developed by SoftWyer, that is based upon the default Android viewer to provide a more clear view of the contacts. To use Contact View with Contact Lookup you must install it from the Android Market.
Note, Email us first if there's a problem with the application. We're happy to refund your purchase if you are not happy with the application. Leaving 1 star reviews and moaning only makes you look stupid and helps no-one.
✓ Backup to dropbox.
✓ Send as email attachment.
✓ Google, Outlook or Custom CSV style.
This application do not restore contacts! yet... We recommend using the restore suggestion below.
Restore Contacts Tip:
⇨ Import the CSV file with http://www.google.com/contacts.
⇦ Contact data will then be synced back to your device.
Why Backup Contacts?
When new contact data is created on your Android™ device, you would think that it’s all saved at the same place by default? this is not always true.
Contacts Data could be saved in places like:
⇨ Google account - contact data
⇨ Phone/Tablet - contact data
⇨ Other: Facebook etc. - contact data
The Backup Contacts application retrieves ALL contact data stored on your Android™ device and saves it into ONE text file for safe keeping.
If you loose your Android™ device! the only contact data backed up by default is the Google account - contact data!
If you like this application, give it some stars.
HOW TO CREATE A SIMPLE PHONE LIST:
① Set the "CSV Style" to "CUSTOM" in the Preference menu option.
② Un-check all boxes except "Display Name" and "Phone" in the preference option "CSV custom style"
③ Press the "Backup to SD-Card" button.
HOW TO RETRIEVE THE CSV FILE:
❐ Mount the SD-Card to your PC.
File location: SD-Card/Backup.Contacts.DATE.csv
⇧ Upload the file to your Dropbox.
File location: Dropbox/Android Backup Contacts/Backup.Contacts.DATE.csv
✉ Send the file to your email address.
File location: Attachment in email
CSV = Comma-separated values
NOTE: It will only work on Launchers which support Scrollable Contacts:
Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher, Zeam, Go Launcher, Home+ etc. are all supported Launcher. Provided you enable Scrollable support in Launcher Settings.
Default Android Launcher does not support Scrollable Widget, neither does HTC Launcher or Samsung TouchWiz Launcher.
There are two Contact widgets:
1. Contact Widget with 2x4 (This display contacts in single column)
2. Contact Widget with 4x4 (This display contacts in 3 columns)
Option to display:
1. All Contacts
2. Contact Groups
3. Favourites etc.
Option to change background widget color
Option to display custom heading on top
Very Fast and low on memory.
All contacts can then easily be restored any time by simply opening .vcf file in your mailbox.
* Offline Backup. No need to sync to any server. Just email the backup file to yourself.
* Your adress book is secure and safe. We don't access or store your contacts.
* Easy restore. No need to any app to restore backup file. Just tap on the *.vcf backup file in the Android mail client.
* Easily transfer contacts between Android Devices using just email client.
* Copy backup file to your computer via USB cable feature.
* Set REMINDER to backup regularly (weekly or monthly)
* Backup Contacts as VCF (VCard)
IMPORTANT NOTE: After sending backup file (*.vcf) to yourself, please check your inbox if message arrived and contains attachment (backup file). Sometimes email providers block attachments if attachment size is too large. Try with another mail account if possible, to send your backup file. Or copy backup file (on SD card) to your computer via USB cable.
Have you ever started to write an email and then realized that you want to attach the contact information of someone in your People (contacts) app? Only to then find out that the "attach" button in your email client won't offer you to select a contact. Okay, now…
• close the draft
• exit the email app
• open the People app
• open a contact
• press "Share"
• select the email app
• and type the text again
Too complicated? I agree! That's why I made this little app to allow you to attach contacts directly from the email app.
• While composing an email, select the "attach" action.
• When asked what type of attachment you want to add, select "Attach a contact".
• Finally, select the contact whose information you want to attach in the VCARD (.vcf) file format.
• K-9 Mail
• Kaiten Mail
• … and most likely every other email app.
If this app doesn't work for you, please drop me a line using the "email developer" link in the Play store.
This tool will help to fix some (not all) of the causes of "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." message from Google contacts sync. If this app does not work for you - it's because there are multiple causes for this error message. I've fixed some of those and I do not commit to fix all of them. If you really need help - try to send logs to me via alogcat or via the app itself.
***IMPORTANT: Always do a full contacts backup before running this application.***
In ad-supported version you will need to run fix every time you see a sync problem. If you donate you will be able to disable ads and get automatic fixes for all newly added contacts. There is no need to recreate account.
Please note that if your sync was broken for a long time - you may have to manually confirm big amount of deletions during first sync after running this fix. See notification area for details.
If you are still getting an error after running this application - click Send Log button right after sync fail attempt. It will send me an email (you will be able to review it first) with error log data (if it finds any).
* Added few NRE handlers. Added more donation options.
* Fixed exit issue (removed ads) for those of you who use adblock. Please consider donation
* Fixed a bunch of NREs. Changed FullScreen ad provider - had to add new permissions.
* Added support for contact authoritites on IPhone5 clones
* Fixed crash on service stop
* Improved error reporting
* Improved error reporting
* Added intertestial ad. Fixed some NRE.
* Fixed failing service when task killers are used
* Added verbose logging
* Improved error reporting
* Improved stability. Added startup ad.
* Fixed silent mode checkbox. Thanks to Evgenij Kardash for detailed reporting.
* Added quit button
* Added silent autofix mode for donated versions
* Added 2 more options for donations (functionality remains the same for each donation)
* Fixed 2 possible exception causes
* Added details for multiple google accounts.
* Added detailed error output on what has happened
* FIxed need to run scan twice (occasionaly)
* Fixed occasional crashes
* Fixed occasional crashes
* Improved stability
* Added ru localization
* Fixed unexpected crashes cause (failure to query contacts). Added diagnostic message.
* Fixed unexpected crashes cause (failure to query groups). Added diagnostic message.
* Fixed unexpected crashes (please report if app crashes during execution)
* Service is not executed if less than 20% of battery is left
* Service is on by default
Keywords: syncprovider, syncadapter, fix, sync, google
Error message to be fixed in Spanish: En este momento hay incidencias con la sincronización. Se restablecerá en breve.
Error message to be fixed in Japanese: 現在同期で問題が発生しています。しばらくお待ちください。.
Error message to be fixed in South Korean: 현재 동기화에 문제가 발생했습니다. 잠시 후에 다시 실행됩니다.
Error message to be fixed in German: Bei der Synchronisierung treten momentan Probleme auf. Sie wird in Kürze fortgesetzt.
Error message to be fixed in French: La synchronisation rencontre des problèmes et sera bientôt rétablie.
Error message to be fixed in Chinese: 目前同步處理發生問題。稍後會回復正常。.
Error message to be fixed in Italian: La sincronizzazione presenta dei problemi. Riprenderà a breve.
Error message to be fixed in Dutch: Er zijn momenteel problemen met de synchronisatie. Synchronisatie wordt snel opnieuw uitgevoerd.
Error message to be fixed in Arabic: تواجه المزامنة حاليًا بعض المشاكل. وسوف تكون متاحة خلال وقت قصير.
Error message to be fixed in Turkish: Şu anda senkronizasyon sorunları yaşanıyor. Kısa süre sonra düzeltilecek.
Also see Quick Calendar and the widget Quick Toolbar
Version 1.1 : Change icon to match Quick Toolbar
Support development of these tools by purchasing Quick Toolbar
This new online address book allows you to sync your contacts from your PC, mobile or tablet and combine them all on one safe place. Keeping your contacts organized and up to date has never been easier.
See the video tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKLk6JpTIU
Features of Kylook – the only online address book you’ll ever need.
- You can import all your contacts safely and securely into Kylook and only you will have access to these details.
- If you add a new contact to your mobile, Kylook automatically synchronizes this update with all your other devices removing any duplications automatically.
- If your contacts update any of their contact details, Kylook will automatically synchronize their update into your address book keeping it always up to date.
- With Kylook you can convert your personal contact details into a QR Codes to share amongst friends and contacts. Simply scanning the code they can save your details directly into their address book.
- If you lose your mobile, don't worry. With Kylook you’ll never lose a contact again. Simply installing Kylook into the device again and logging into your account you can safely restore all your contacts.
- Kylook also allows you to create your own personal access codes to your e-Business card. These codes are called Kcodes.
- With your kcode you can share your details with whoever you wish. Instead of having to recite lengthy addresses you can just pass your kcode. You can also adjust which contact details people can see.
- By registering now with Kylook you can obtain your first Kcode for FREE.
- All your data belongs 100% to you. Kylook is in strict compliance with all data protection and security measures.
The Kylook APP is completely free and includes a wide range of functionality. Of course there are special plans for users (like business mans) that simply need MORE.
See this link for more information: http://www.kylook.com/en/app-for-free
Important: Kylook APP (Android version) sync all contacts from your local address book and Gmail contacts on your smart phone. Kylook don't sync with the SIM card. The SIM card don't accept all datas like photos.
There some advanced features for the contacts export, you can choose a delimiter for the fields, what character the line ends with, linux or windows style. What encoding must be used, this can be proven usefull when having languages with special characters.
The CSV file made will always be available on your phone, only the contacts export will give you the option to pick this location.
2 extra features available:
- SMS export, this will export all your SMS messages to a CSV file.
- Call log export, this will export all the phone calls you made and the incoming call you received.
Raw minimal - this format outputs as it is stored in your phone
Toggl - this format can be imported to time tracking website Toggl: https://www.toggl.com/
All export SMS , Call-log and Addressbook have the option to e-mail the created file.
If you want better integration with your software, please mail us the details.
How many times you have inserted the name of one time customer, a technician, Movers etc. knowing that you will never see him again.
Lecturer writing the students phone number, a teacher - the students' parents. And so on.
Enough to mess up the contact list!
Temporary contacts benefits:
This unique application allows adding a temporary contact to your regular address book .
The application allows you adding an expiration date for a contact from days to years.
You enter the contact using the application, and see it in your contacts for the specified time.
The added contact will be deleted automatically after expiration time.
Try the "TempContact" - it's free.
* Add expiration date to a new contact.
* Contact will be added to device contacts list.
* Contact will be deleted automatically.
* Pro version allows restoring deleted contact.
Upgrade to full version with minimal cost,
The upgrade reduces the ads and allows restoring the deleted numbers.
Tags: temporary number, temporary contact, a plumber, an air conditioner, a teacher, automatic deletion, Messenger, Pizza, technician
More from developer
Approved as "SAFE" by Appozle (http://goo.gl/PXNNW9)
Private, password protected diary (journal)
BACKUP BEFORE UPDATE! KEEP YOUR PASSWORD!
Please contact support if you have any issues before rating and posting comment.
Memoires gives a way to quickly enter life moments, thought, memories or notes, capture photos, audio or insert images from gallery. Memoires automatically detects and attaches to a memo the location, addresses, weather and moon phases. It also accepts text and images from other apps.
To keep records and images confidential, Memoires uses password protection and strong encryption.
- Data protection with password.
- Data encryption.
- Timeline, Calendar, Map and Album views.
- Unlimited amount of photos captured or images attached (Storage space is limited by the size of SD card)
- Audio recordings as attachments
- Emotions (smileys)
- Configurable fonts and font size
- Rich text editor
- User fonts from SD card (ttf or otf fonts should be placed into /sdcard/fonts folder)
- Tags to organize and classify records.
- "Flow of thoughts" as an additional way to keep memories linked to each other and organized as continues conversation.
- Integration with device contacts (requires "Memoires Contact Notes" from http://goo.gl/X6DHy8)
- Current weather conditions.
- Current lunar phase
- Geo location, altitude and address either automatically obtained or entered manually on the map.
- Full-text search
- Unlimited possibilities to share records and images by to other applications (depends on application data sent to). Sharing over email, sms, twitter, buzz, facebook etc (required corresponding client apps installed).
- Storing text, links and images from other applications which supports sharing it's data (i.e from gallery, rss readers, ebook readers, browser etc.).
- Export as RTF document for printing including images.
- Export as Google document including images for further editing or sharing with friends.
- Full two-way synchronization with users' Google account.
- Export images to Google Picasa album.
- Full backup and restore.
- Home screen widgets and shortcuts (requires "Memoires Widgets" from http://goo.gl/DnHX4d)
- Supports Move to SD card
Widgets make sense to be used as additions to free "Memoires: The Diary" application which should be already installed on device!
"Memoires Widgets" is not a separate application and it's icon does not appear in the list of apps, but installation adds two widgets and three shortcuts into the Android widget/shortcut lists, which could be used for fast access to "Memoires: The Diary".
To add widgets/shortcuts to the Home screen tap and hold a finger over free space on the Home screen, then choose Widgets/Shortcuts from popup menu, find and choose Memoires widget/shortcut.
"Memoires: The Diary" is the journal/diary application and could be downloaded and installed separately at no charge and without advertising .