Not only is voltage very critical but the amp can tell us how hard a compressor is working and is a good indication of a charge
Evaporator superheat is a calculation of the amount of liquid refrigerant going into the evaporator and the heat load of an air conditioner evaporator.
Subcooling is the amount of liquid held back in the condenser. This allows the liquid to give up more heat, below saturated pressure- temperature.
Temperature difference of an evaporator coil will vary with the total heat of the air entering the evaporator and the load on the condenser. This temperature will vary from 10º F to 30º F depending on total heat of the air entering the evaporator.
When you download HVACPro you will get both the phone version and the pad version. The first 5 diagrams are the phone version the last 4 are for the pad version.
• Heatloss calculator - finds the heatloss from a room
• Radiator calculator - estimates a radiator's length/output
This easy to use calculator lets you enter the details for a room, with dimensions in metres or feet, and it will then will calculate the heatloss in Watts and BTUs per hour. The desired room temperatures (12 - 24°C) can be set in the settings page and also the outside temperature (-25 to +5°C) the temperatures are also listed in their Fahrenheit equivalents.
The results will show:
• Ventilation heatloss - Losses from air passing through the room.
• Fabric heatloss - Losses through walls, floor and ceiling.
• Total heatloss - Sum of the ventilation and fabric losses.
The required radiator for the room can then be determined from the total room heat loss i.e. select a radiator that's rated higher!
The app can also be used to work out how much could be saved by fitting double glazing, cavity insulation or extra loft insulation to your home. Carry out a survey of each room in your house, with and without the double glazing/cavity insulation/loft insulation, then total the differences for the whole house to find how much heat is being wasted.
The app will even also calculate the time taken to heat the room from the set outside temperature if the right radiator is fitted. You can also enter flow and return rates and the Mean Water Temperature (MWT) and Delta T will be calculated, making it easier for you to select the right radiator using the manufacturers correction factors.
This calculator will estimate the length or power output from an existing compact radiator using a range of calculations from the most popular radiator manufacturers in the UK.
To find the output you simply select the radiator type, select the height, enter the length (in mm or inches) and select the Delta T. The results will then show the lowest and highest power outputs from across the different manufacturers and then the average will be calculated. This is very useful if you want to show a customer that their radiator is too small for a room.
To find the estimated length select the radiator type, select the height, enter the output and select the Delta T. The results will then show the estimated length the radiator would need to be.
The following radiator types are supported:
• P1 - Single panel
• K1 - Single convector
• P+ - Double panel
• K2 - Double convector
• K3 - Triple convector
The results from either calculator can be emailed to any destination.
To give you some extra help when you need it, we have added a mini-guide to the Radiator Calculator with the following 6 pages:
• Heatloss Calculator Help - Step-by-step instructions for the Heatloss Calculator
• Radiator Calculator Help - Explains how to carry out both functions of the Radiator Calculator
• Correction factors - Shows you when and how to apply a correction factor to your results
• DeltaT Calculations - How to calculate the MWT and DeltaT
• Common Faults - Lists a number of common radiator faults, their symptoms and remedies
• Balancing - Instructions for balancing a system
***Mr Combi Training would love your feedback on this app and suggestions for other apps that Heating Engineers would find useful. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calculates the Minimum Circuit Ampacity and Maximum Overcurrent Protection values for UL 1995 codes. This tool is great for electrical technicians doing field installations, and the do it yourselfer HVAC Technician!
Please provide feedback on what you would like to see added to the app...there will be more to come!!!
- Duct sizing for Rectangular, Round or Oval shape with 3 common sizing methods (i.e., equal friction, velocity and by duct dimensions). Detail results such as velocity pressure, hydraulic diameter, reynolds number, friction factor, relative roughness and flow area are included.
- Rectangular and Oval duct sizes are obtained by direct iteration algorithm method, i.e., not converted from round duct size.
- full control and exact on input parameters, i.e., no sliding bar type of input method which can be difficult to control to exact input numbers.
- different duct materials selection (Galv. steel, Spiral, Aluminium, Carbon steel, PVC, Duct board, Duct liner, Flexible duct and Concrete).
- find duct fictional loss rate by Duct Dimension method (useful design tool for existing duct).
- built-in Duct Converter, rhoAIR, Louvre Sizer, Fan Motor kW, Convert KW-Amp, Duct gauge/weight, Threaded rod hanger sizing, txt file Viewer.
- Duct converter module to convert duct sizes between round, rectangular and oval duct.
- rhoAIR module to find air density and other pyschrometric air properties at state point.
- Louvre sizer module to size louvre opening required for structural opening.
- Fan Motor kW module to calculate electrical power consumption.
- Convert KW-Amp module to convert electrical KW - Amp, and calculate KVA.
- Duct gauge/weight module to find duct weight, perimeter and surface area for rectangular, round and oval duct with built-in duct gauge selections (Galvanized steel, Stainless steel and Aluminium duct).
- Threaded rod sizer module to size and select threaded hanger rod with built-in metric-english series of rod sizes, tensile stress calculator and maximum load calculator.
- txt file Viewer module to view and edit saved results.
- SI & IP units setting.
- Save results function.
For detail, see http://pocketengineer2.sharepoint.com/Pages/aDuctulator.aspx
Each of the Apps has been designed for a specific task, and is super simple, super convenient to use. No complicated input pages and no cluttered output results.
Current version of HVAC Toolbox includes the following Apps:
• Unit Eng: Unit converter specifically customized for HVAC engineers
• Psychrometric Calc: Quick calculator for moist air at any operating pressure
• SCFM-ACFM Converter: Bidirectional conversion between ACFM and SCFM
• Pipe Dim: Pipe dimension lookup for OD, ID, Internal volume from a list of NPS pipe sizes and schedules
• Standard Atmosphere: Determine pressure and temperature at different altitude
• Fouling on U: Calculate impact of fouling factor on U value of a heat exchanger
• Flow V: Calculate average fluid velocity through pipes or HVAC nozzles
• Pipe DP: Calculate pressure drop through pipes for fully developed flow with a convenient lookup feature for standard pipes and specified surface roughness
• Valve DP: Calculate pressure drop through valves and fittings with a convenient lookup feature for standard pipes
• Pumping Power: Calculate pumping power and motor power based on static and dynamic pressure drop
• Thermal Expansion: Estimate linear or volumetric thermal expansion with a convenient lookup feature for commonly used materials
Advantages of buying HVAC Toolbox:
• Having all commonly used Apps organized together within a single App
• Great saving compared with buying Apps individually.
The HVAC Check & Charge™ mobile app from Emerson Climate Technologies provides an on-site refrigerant charge calculator for air conditioning applications. Based on historic sliding cardboard charge calculators, this app allows contractors to easily calculate correct system refrigerant charge for R-22 or R-410A. Contractors can simply choose Subcooling, Superheat, or Airflow and enter the specified system temperatures along with the latent and sensible environmental loads. These values are then used to determine the proper system charge and whether the charge amount needs to be altered based on these conditions.
-Superheat Calculator (non TXV)
-Subcooling Calculator (TXV)
-For use with R-22 or R-410A
Information on this and other Emerson Climate mobile applications is available at ww.EmersonClimate.com/mobileapp.
Assists with calculating proper system refrigerant charge based on operating conditions.
* Air or Non Condensibles In System
* Belt Drive General Information
* Commercial Heat Loss
* Compressor Runs But Does Not Pump
* Contactor Will Not Pull In
* Defrost Trips High Pressure
* Ignition Delayed or Rough Ignition
* Ice Buildup Before Defrost
* Leaking Water
* Mild Weather Heat Pump Tripping Reset
* Not All Elements Heat
* Oil Furnace Reset Tripping
* Oil Furnace Nozzle Drips
* Oil Furnace Oil Odor
* Oil Furnace Rough/Delayed Ignition
* Residential Heat Loss and Heat Gain Guide
* Roll Out Limit Tripping
* Superheat Calculation
* System Charging Check Out
* Temperature Pressure
* Tripping Circuit Breakers
* Trouble Shooting Power Vented Gas Water Heaters
* Unit Not Defrosting
* Unit Will Not Go Into Defrost
* Unit Terminates Defrost Before Coil is Free of Ice
* Water Buildup Heat Exchanger
Getting reports of the app alerting that the web page is not accessible. I've tried to repeat this behavior and cannot. I installed from the Play Store on a Samsung S4 and Tab 2 and the app works as it should without errors on my end.
Added internet permission to try and resolve loading issue. The app works fine on the above listed devices and emulators. Sorry that I don't have more testing devices available.
This application has everything You need to do the maintenance of heating equipment. The free version includes spare parts listing, error codes, commissioning parameters...
This beta release has De Dietrich boilers in the database.
* AC Mode Troubleshooting
* Double Wall Connectors with Double Wall Vent
* Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV)
* Fixed Metered Cooling
* Main Burner Orifice Sizes
* Pipe Sizing
* Single Wall Connectors with Double Wall Vent
* Temperature Rise
App features include:
• Have instant access to the Lennox® Dealer nearest you
• Calculate how much a Lennox® heating or cooling system can save you in energy costs
• Explore Lennox® products
• Learn about current promotions and financing information
• Save your preferred products and dealers
• View current Lennox TV commercials
Based on the well-known Danfoss Refrigerant Slider, KoolApp™ turns your Android smartphone into a user-friendly, quick pressure-to-temperature refrigerant converter. It is designed for installers, distributors and producers of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and will also be useful for other industry professionals and students.
In the current version there are 48 different refrigerants including both “natural” and “traditional” refrigerants, covering almost all media normally used in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. More will be added via updates pending user requests.
KoolApp is based on the NIST Refrigerant Properties and is using the Antoine equations for the conversion and you will be able to see both dew- and bubble- points for refrigerants with glide.
Included are also a few additional informations regarding the respective refrigerants.
On the respective refrigerants, you can see additional information like Global Warming Potential (GWP) and Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP).
KoolApp™ gives you the freedom of calculating in either °C and bar, or °F and psi.
KoolAppTM belongs to Danfoss A/S
HOW TO USE
In the left side of the screen, an intuitive slider helps you to quickly find the pressure or temperature reference, while the precise pressure and temperature reads on the right side fields.
By simply tapping these fields, you can also type in your actual pressure or temperature reading, and KoolApp™ will instantly give you the corresponding figure – and move the slider for visual indication.
Changing from SI units to US Customary units is a one-button operation, and you can do this directly within the conversion tool.
KoolApp™ gives you more than 48 refrigerants, but also allows you to select your favourites among them, making them easily accessible on the top of the selection list.
MAKING MODERN LIVING POSSIBLE
Danfoss is a global industrial group, supplying energy-efficient and climate-friendly solutions for many industries.
The group is a leading supplier of compressors and automated solutions to the refrigeration and air conditioning industry, with a product range among the most complete in the world. It is used within a number of industries, such as commercial and industrial refrigeration as well as in food retail, air conditioning and heat pumps.
Danfoss is also a world leader within mechanical and electronic products for use in the indoor comfort and heating sectors, and a wide range of other industries where energy consumption plays a vital role.
All values calculated and the performance of the products proposed by this software must be verified by the user.
Danfoss can accept no responsibility for possible errors in KoolApp.
Danfoss reserves the right to alter its products without notice. All trademarks in this material are the property of the respective companies. Danfoss and the Danfoss logotype are trademarks of Danfoss A/S. All rights reserved.
© Danfoss A/S, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning 2011
Please visit www.danfoss.com for more information and contact details
If in doubt send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Phone numbers to local support can be found here: http://www.danfoss.com/Contact/Worldwide/
The Danfoss Heating app for installers is like having a second toolbox right in your pocket at the point of installation. It can help you install Danfoss products in a number of ways, and assist in the sales process with a wide range of marketing and support material. For example, this app helps you make on-site energy savings calculations for customers who may be considering converting to the new living by Danfoss ® thermostats or upgrading to a new floor heating system. The app makes hydronic balancing calculations and conversions quick and easy.
Some of the ways this app can help you in your daily work include:
Radiator Thermostat Support
• Ease installation with a unit calculator for living by Danfoss ® products like living eco, living connect and Danfoss Link.
• Calculate pre-setting of radiator valves by selecting radiator type and size to get correct valve pressure settings.
• Increase sales with support tools for living by Danfoss ® products, such as a return on investment calculator, product facts and sales material.
• Use installation videos in the app to assist you onsite during installation.
Floor Heating Installation Support
• Calculate costs of installing CF2+ Danfoss wireless floor heating system for your customers in both new build and renovation projects.
• Improve sales support with a product video featuring key user benefits and facts about CF2+ .
• Watch Installation videos for easy reference anywhere and anytime you need them.
Balancing Valve support
• Calculate flow and pressure measurements easily with the built-in equation tool.
• Convert pressure, flow and power and temperature between metric and non-metric systems, Celsius and Fahrenheit and various other measures easily. A handy tool for all HVAC professionals.
Additional features of the Danfoss Heating app include personalization options by specifying your “favorite tools”. You also get handy contact information for the nearest national Danfoss sales office and easy access to the latest news from Danfoss.
Danfoss is a leading company in the heating industry offering a wide range of components and solutions for generation, distribution and use of heat for comfort and energy savings in home and buildings. By continuously improving products and services, we strive to build strong relations to customers and business partners throughout the value chain. We have manufacturing facilities in more than 10 countries, and sales companies and agents in all heating markets worldwide.
Flamingo enables rapid sizing of gas and fuel oil pipes in a wide range of fuels and pipework materials.
Calculations also include consumption rate and pipe weights, expansion and heat gains/losses.
Flamingo operates in either metric or imperial units.
Extended cancellation period - contact us by email within 24 hours of downloading the app if you are unhappy with your purchase.