Pingly allows you to configure tests (called probes) to check whether a host or service is alive. These probes can be run manually, but also scheduled to run once in the future, or in a repeating manner. Scheduled runs can generate success/failure notifications. The log output of each run is saved (up to a configurable maximum).
At the moment, the following types of tests (probes) are available:
* HTTP Response - Make a GET request to the configured URL.
* Socket Connection - Attempt a TCP connection to the specified host/port.
* Ping - Ping!
Permissions required, and why:
* INTERNET - Need to be able to connect to test!
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To check if a network connection is available before attempting a test
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - To reschedule any active scheduled probes after a reboot
* VIBRATE - Vibrate when a notification is generated (Can be turned off in the settings)
Pingly is open source! The repository can be found at: https://github.com/barryoneill/pingly
Bug reports, feedback and suggestions are all very welcome :)