It's activated when you silence your ringer using the volume buttons. You don't need to remember a special app! Once your ringer is off, it asks you how long to stay silent. Never miss another important call.
Great for class, the office, movies and sleep.
• If Shush doesn't pop up automatically, try launching it manually first.
• LG Optimus can't Shush on Gingerbread due to a bug in LG's software.
• MIUI: follow these instructions: http://goo.gl/yzcKG
Developers can't respond to user reviews. Please use email to report bugs!
Shush automatically quiets down your device while you are using it. When the screen is unlocked, silent mode is activated. When the screen is turned off, the last non-silent setting is restored. Note this only affects notifications, not music, games or alarms.
The idea is that when you are using your device, you will see notifications in the top pull-down menu anyway, so it isn't necessary to also play the sound and/or vibrate. It is especially useful if you are receiving many IMs while you are doing something else.
An optional in-app purchase unlocks the ability to restore the non-silent setting while any installed app you choose is active. This can be useful for example if you would like to still hear notifications while playing a full-screen game.
This app requires the following permissions:
- Read Phone State/Identity: This is so that the ringer is not silenced when the phone is unlocked due to an incoming call. This permission enables Shush to tell if the phone is ringing or not (that is all it does with this permission).
- Run At Startup: This is to allow Shush to be active right after a restart. This way you don't have to open the app first.
- Retrieve Running Apps: This is necessary to allow Shush to restore the non-silent setting during a particular app.
Works straight from your phones calendar - no need to manually add events!
Automatically sets phone ringer to what you selected in Options (Silent, Vibrate, Variable Volume), then resets ringer to what it was before the meeting started. Very effective at silencing your phone ringer!
A set it and forget it app!!
Be sure to read the FEATURES below!!
App was only tested with Google Accounts as Corporate Calendar was not available.
Android 2.2 - 4.0.* Compliant!
Key Features Include:
- Multi-calendar selection
* Sync with several calendars at once
* Locally created device accounts
* Shared calendars with device accounts
- Force Sync Menu Button
* Allows user to refresh inside currently selected interval.
* Useful for users that have long interval timers.
- 3 Ringer Options for Events
* Silent (default)
* Adjustable Volume
- Service runs at boot time
* If service was running, will restart if phone is restarted
- White List for Contacts
* Select contacts to ring through regardless of ringer mode
* Includes both Phone Calls and SMS Texting pass through
--- Variable volume selection allowed
- Selectable Scan Interval
* Scan calendar for events
* Range: 10 Minutes to 6 Hours
- Ignore All Day Events Option
* Can opt to not change ringer for All Day Events
* Default is to Ignore
- Status Tab
* Displays user input and event/service status
- Upcoming Version(s) will include:
* Home screen widgets
* Days of Week to Scan
--- User can opt to cancel ringer mode changes for event
--- Notification will auto-clear if not checked by user
- Motorola Droid (Original)
- Motorola Droid X
- Motorola Bionic
- HTC Thunderbolt
No personal information is accessed directly with this app.
- Calendar: used to read event data for ringer state
- Boot Time: starts service at boot if previously running
- Contacts: used by White List facility
- Phone State: set ringer modes, and for White List
- SMS: listen for incoming SMS, and check White List for ringer change
Keywords: calendar, meeting, events, phone ringer, ringer, silencer
"I'm sleeping" will automatically set your phone to silent mode during the night.
- whitelist: let a selected group of people bypass sleep mode and reach you
- call through: optionally lets anyone calling repeatedly reach you
- nap mode: use the widget to manually set for how long you plan to sleep
- weekend mode: set a different schedule for weekends
Fast and easy to use! You can now sleep happily.
Keywords: ringer restore, silent restore, toggle, widget, auto-restore ringer, switch, ring volume, turn off silent mode, unsilence phone, vibrate, schedule, scheduler, volume, genie, shush, sleep timer, duration, silent email, block call, quiet, ringer, silent, silent call, do not disturb
- Silence the phone during single, scheduled or calendar event
- A Quick Select feature when you are in a hurry (activated with mute button)
- Preferences including settings for calendar sync, filtering, vibration, notifications etc.
Note. Free version will have all features but limited preference settings.
Can be set to silent or vibrate mode
Set specific time for phone ringer to be restored
Quick set feature (from 15 minutes to 8 hours)
3 permanent set modes (Silent, Vibrate, and Normal)
Upcoming features: Scheduling feature coming very soon. Also planned is the ability to filter calls that are allowed while silent.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have feature requests or wish to report bugs. I can be contacted on twitter at @wirelessguyuk. Please let me know the device, android version and whether you're using a custom ROM when emailing bug reports. Thanks.
Explanation of app permissions:
- these are used as part of the main app to set volume of the phone.
- these are used as part of the banner ads which help pay me to continue developing the app. I only use small banner ads not intrusive notification ads.
When you put your ringer off (vibrate or silent) a dialog will pop up automatically so you can set a specific time for the ringer to be put back on.
This app is similar to 'Phone Silencer' and 'Shush!' but has some additional functionality these applications lack:
- It lets you control the LED notifications so they are off when your ringer is off. Perfect when going to sleep!
- It supports Tasker so when your Tasker tasks silence the phone the app does not pop up (see http://goo.gl/aYwyi)
- LED notification support has only been tested in a Samsung Galaxy, but should work on other ICS devices
- This application has just launched. If you have any problems please contact the developer at email@example.com and you will be refunded during the first 15 days of purchase!
An advanced app that instantly enhances your phone's by automating your ringer capabilities. It can be used as a ring scheduler, nightly silencer or a way turn on your Bluetooth and Wifi settings by the time you get home. It can also be used to group contacts at certain ringer volumes and GPS program your ringer volume when you get a specific location.
** Note this is app is the full professional version of RingTime Lite. It is recommended that you try the free version first before upgrading.
Are you still manually setting your ringer at different times during the day?
Do you forget to silence your phone during meetings, classes or at the movies?
Are you forgetting to turn Wi-Fi on when you get home and burning data usage?
For the one time price of less than a cup of coffee (or beer), you can get the following features!
Features of the Pro version:
1. Quick Set. Similar to the Shush! app this feature allows you to quickly set your ringer for a certain duration. Example: You want the ringer to just vibrate for 2 hours while you are at the movies.
2. Schedule Set. Similar to the Ringer Scheduler app this feature allows you to schedule your phone's ringer for a later time.
3. A Groups section that allows you to lump certain contacts into specific ringer categories
4. GPS Location based volume settings that change the volume according to your location
5. A feature that allows you to find your lost phone when it’s on silent by texting a keyword to it
6. Unlimited number of events can be programmed
- Automate ringer volume + vibrate
- Automate Airplane Mode
- Automate Wifi Mode
- Automate Bluetooth Mode
- 1 Quick Set event can be used and constantly edited (A more advanced version of Shush!)
- Main summary screen for your profile events
- Label profile events
- Schedule an event for a future date or use the days to repeat feature
- Set alerts by taskbar and/or popup
- Default Ringer setting (what to do when the profile event expires)
- Change font, font color, background and header color appearance
- Upload a background image or use your phone's background and show the live wallpaper
- and more...
To get you started:
3 default profile events have been created to get you up and running - Home, Work and Sleep.
You can edit them (tap or hold the selected profile event) or create new ones.
If you like this app, get the pro version for more advanced features
Follow on Twitter @RomarcDigital.
***** Please Rate It If You Like It!
Keywords: shush, ringer restorer, silent, vibrate, Timeriffic, Profile Scheduler ringer mode, Ringer Scheduler, RingTime, Nap time, Snooze, baby sleep. Quick power nap, data usage, lost phone, group whitelisting and blacklisting, add free, Public Places, movies, airports, church, school, libraries.
TruSilent is being sponsored by AndyTags NFC Tags and Stickers and is therefore FREE for all.
Have you ever had your phone in silent/vibrate mode in a business meeting, a movie, or church only to accidentally tap a music player widget or launch a game or have an alarm you forgot you set go off? That’s a feeling you never forget – everyone glaring at you like you’re an idiot! Whether you’ve experienced this or not, it’s definitely not something any of us want to experience. No one wants to be THAT guy.
TruSilent puts this issue to rest by automatically muting your media and/or alarm channels anytime you put your phone into vibrate/silent mode. Many people don’t even realize that when you put your phone into vibrate/silent mode, only the ringtone and notification channels are muted. This means if you accidentally open up a game or music track (easy to do with a touchscreen) or if you forget you set an alarm to go off, these will result in a potentially loud blasting sound in a situation where you didn’t want your phone to make any sounds!
Besides muting either or both your media/alarm channels, TruSilent also offers a “kill alarm” feature. This is because some stock alarm apps (such as that on the Samsung Galaxy S3) have separate volume control for each alarm, meaning if the alarm goes off, even if your alarm volume is muted, it will be reset to that alarm’s preset volume. However, if “kill alarm” is on and an alarm goes off while your phone is in silent/vibrate mode, TruSilent will “kill” the alarm before it has a chance to make any sounds. (The “kill alarm” feature only works with the stock alarm and may not work on every device so it should be tested prior to relying on it.)
TruSilent also offers an optional persistent notification which if turned on will put the TruSilent icon in your notification bar to remind you that TruSilent is active anytime you put your phone into silent/vibrate mode. This not only serves as a reminder that your phone (including media/alarm channels) is in silent mode, but also reminds you that your alarm will be killed if you have the “kill alarm” feature activated. The persistent notification will ensure you don’t forget to put your phone sound back into normal mode and miss an important alarm.
- Mutes media and/or alarm channels when phone is put into silent/vibrate mode
- Fully customizable – activate only the features you want!
- Easy to use, simple user interface.
- Set it and forget it – once you set up TruSilent the way you want, you’ll never have to open the app again.
- Kill unwanted alarms when in silent/vibrate (Stock alarm app on most devices)
- Makes your phone truly and completely silent when put in silent/vibrate mode
When you first install TruSilent you need to open it once to choose your settings and make it active.
If you like TruSilent, please visit the TruSilent sponsors website – AndyTags.com.
Interesting note: TruSilent was created entirely on an Android Device using Tasker and Tasker App Factory!
TruSilent is a great companion app for apps that switch vibrate/silent mode on a timer or calendar such as Shush, Shh! Auto-Silencer, De-Silencer, Phone Silencer, Silent Time, Silent Mode Timer, Auto Silent, Silent Sleep, Auto Silence, Husher, Ringwise, Ringtime, Ring Minder, or Shush!
If you've tried Mute All, True Silence, Volume Controls, Silent Boot, Mute, Super Mute, or other apps that control volume and want something more automatic, then Tru Silent is the app for you!
- Hourly, Weely control phone volume with timetable
- Automatic sound/ringer volume on
- ringtone, alarm, notification, system, media, MTMF, phone call control
- Network communications: Need For Admob
- 벨소리, 알람, 알림, 시스템 소리, 미디어, MTMF, 통화 볼륨, 소리, 조절, 시간표, 일정관리, 무음, 볼륨, 관리, 타이머, 잠금, 쉿
- ringtone, alarm, notification, system, media, MTMF, phone call, sound, control, timetable, schedule, silent, volume, manager, timer, lock, Shush
* 2013/09/04 0.91
- Bug fix : wrong value inserted when set instant mute manually
- Bug fix : crash bug
* 2013/08/28 0.57
- Bug fix : volume on when not use ARingTable
* 2013/03/04 0.56
- Bug fix : not work when reboot
* 2012/10/08 0.55
- Fix : change bug in locked settings
- Bug fix
* 2012/05/25 0.52
- Fix set all on/off
- Bug fix
* 2012/05/19 0.52
- Add instant mute(work when volume 0)
- Add option use or not use ARingTable
- Bug fix
* 2012/04/27 0.51
- Fix sound on when use memory manager kill
- Bug fix
* 2012/04/22 0.50
- Init Version
More from developer
Stalker is just the app for you!
Stalker will connect to your Facebook account and notify you anytime a select list of friends has updated their status (or when they have anything happen on their wall)!
This version will only allow you to select a single friend to stalk, but if you purchase the upgrade application (Stalker License) then you can stalk an unlimited amount of friends!
This version also has ads, that will be removed if you purchase the upgrade application (Stalker Upgrade).
Don't miss out on someone else's important life event again!
- Tested on Motorola Droid X with Android 2.2 and Android 2.3
- Tested on Samsun Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.2
Note: Registration time and dates are not yet available, so currently only a countdown to the first day of the conference is displayed.
This DashClock extension is open source!
Check it out on github: https://github.com/npike/io13-countdown-dashclock
Thanks to ROMAN NURIK for the amazing DashClock widget.
YAPP is a simple Holo-themed and modern podcast player for Android.
- Automatically check for and downloads new episodes of your favorite podcasts every night while you are sleeping.
- Lockscreen audio controls. (for supported versions of Android)
- Bluetooth headset integration.
- Works great with no internet connection. (as long as you have downloaded episodes in advance!)
** Ad Supported **
The next version will include the ability to remove ads. I wanted to get something on the market ASAP.
This is version 1.0. I have used YAPP on my daily commute (20 minutes each way) every single day for the last 4 months - but that does not mean there won't be bugs. Please reach out to me if you find anything that impedes your ability to consume podcasts.