Orchid: VPN, Secure Networking

In-app purchases
3.4
886 reviews
100K+
Downloads
Content rating
Everyone
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image

About this app

Looking for a VPN? You probably value your personal privacy and your security.

Some of our competitors claim they value privacy. Orchid is one of the FEW that has ZERO trackers, cookies, pixels, or 3rd party marketing - unlike many competitors - making our VPN a 2020 CNET Innovation Award winner.

Protect any or ALL of your devices from thieves, hackers, government monitoring... instantly. And, access blocked content like overseas streaming services that are only available in local regions.
✅ Start for as little as $1.
✅ Zero commitment.
✅ Zero tracking.
✅ Zero contracts.

Are you a techie like us? Great! Here's more:

-Open Source project on GitHub @OrchidTechnologies
-Third party audits by Certora and Consensys Diligence on all decentralized smart contracts
Updated on
Apr 5, 2023

Data safety

Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
No data shared with third parties
Learn more about how developers declare sharing
This app may collect these data types
Personal info and Financial info
Data is encrypted in transit
Data can’t be deleted

Ratings and reviews

3.5
867 reviews
K T
February 18, 2021
This tech is impressive. The idea is totally awesome I love it. However the implementation is bad. Crypto is not super confusing but this app makes it seem that way. It is also very expensive. I'm surprised people pay for this. I don't have ETH just to get OXT and the required ETH with all fees etc is wayyy too much money. At least for my needs. Perhaps after more time and getting more established will allow them to ease up on the cost I don't know. It's not there yet at all.
50 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Orchid Technologies LLC
March 1, 2021
We love the idea as well! Thank you for trying Orchid. The network fees on Ethereum have an impact to the cost of our service and our next release is focused on this issue.
Bernhard Wolf
March 31, 2023
Fast, cheap and reliable, but not useful for bypassing country restrictions. Of all the web 3 distributed VPN apps I have tested, this is by far the fastest and most reliable. In fact, it beats most centralized VPNs in speed and reliability. The price is very competitive. If you are just looking for a good VPN for privacy and security, that's it. It has one huge drawback, however: You cannot choose VPN nodes by country. Therefore cannot bypass country restrictions, my main use case.
11 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Andrew Caprario
July 22, 2020
I want to love this. I don't know if it's Android 11 beta or just the app but it works about 40% of the time. The other 60% it either says it is connected but there is no connectivity or it is slow to the point of pointless. 2 stars because this is definitely a beta if not alpha release. I also don't understand how I have been using this for the last few weeks and yet my account shows the same orchid balance. Great concept though and each update has made it work better. Keep up the work!
8 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Orchid Technologies LLC
September 24, 2020
Hi, have you tried the latest update? The connection flow and messaging is much smoother in V0.9.19. Your Orchid account balance will go down in bites as you use it over time as there is an element of chance in the payment system. Please contact us at contact@orchid.com if you have any issues with our latest version.

What's new

Bug fix release