WikiMapia is an open-content collaborative mapping project, aimed at marking all geographical objects in the world and providing a useful description of them. Inspired by the success of Google Maps and Wikipedia it combines an interactive web map with a wiki system. Both registered users and guests have already marked over 19,000,000 objects and this number grows every day!
- Visualizing information of WikiMapia service on Google Maps and Yandex Maps
- Search for WikiMapia objects: displaying list (and number) of founded objects with ability to navigate to chosen one
- Displaying list (and number) of objects on visible map area with ability to navigate to chosen one
- Comments adding for WM objects (with ability to authorize on WikiMapia server)
- Support for base navigation functions (including rotation and inclination)
- Ad window can be swept to the desired windows corner (in case it hides buttons on map) or you can buy the app.
For each object you can do the following:
- Get detailed description
- Choose description language
- View photographs
- Add your comments
Detailed application description and answers to the frequently asked questions you can find in FAQ (“About program” - > “FAQ”).
Please send your suggestions and bug reports to the developer e-mail.
• Viewing geo-tagged photos on the world map from your own device, or from Flickr and Panoramio.
• Locations of 150000 interesting places on the map taken from Wikimapia, that dream of being photographed!
• Explore the most photographed places in the world and around you on Radar Map.
• Ability to filter displayed photos by tags.
• Navigation to the chosen photos or places using your phones GPS-system.
• A list for your favorite photos, and convenient export of their links for your blog or website.
• Compiling of your geo-coordinates in a database for attachment to photos taken by a regular camera.
• Export of the geo-coordinates in the GPX format.
Users who decide to connect to their flickr or panoramio account through PhotoTracker will enjoy extra features:
• Ability to display exclusively one’s own photos on the map.
• Automatic attachment of photos uploaded to the map (just for Flickr’ users).
These are the features that implements the app:
- Compression of the data connection
- Tracing of polygons and name locations on the map
- Access to descriptions of places and links to web content
- Use of GPS to display your location
- Content Search
- Choice of details displayed (sites, polygons, securities)
- send contents via email
- Filter categories to display themed on the map
Join the community by contributing to the description of the world wikimapia http://wikimapia.org
PLEASE CONTACT THE DEVELOPER BY EMAIL FOR ANY KIND OF ISSUE
Keep i mind that problems notified by negative feedbacks can't be handle because it's impossible to contact the customers. It's very important for any kind of issues to contact the developer by email. Some temporary problem about downloading and licensing aren't due to application but to google infrastructure. In detail the kind of license check about wikimapia for droid isn't agressive and is cached after first connection.
Thanks in advance
With DualMaps you can do it and more and enjoy this features:
- Both views are synchronized. If you move one of them, another one will follow the movement.
- Move your location dragging the marker of map, with a long-click on any place of it or even moving the StreetView camera.
- Linear compass will tell you always your orientation.
- Search for any location you want.
- Share your position with any application you have installed.
- Test in Dual Languages : English and Indonesian Language
- Save Test to Mervpolis (unlimited save, get benefit of historical test for psychology trend feature).
- Publish Test to Facebook Wall
NB: We recommend run the test every 100 days, and do a comprehensive improvement to get benefit.