This first app, USA Learns English 1, has many new and exciting learning tools that teach beginning English vocabulary words to adults. The app includes videos, photos, audio, voice recording, vocabulary words, and more! Internet access is necessary in order to use the app.
The USA Learns English App 1 includes these five units:
• Unit 1: First English Class
• Unit 2: In the Classroom
• Unit 3: Numbers
• Unit 4: Around the Clock
• Unit 5: The Calendar
To watch a video about the apps, please visit http://usalearns.org/apps.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS APP
• Watch videos of adults in classrooms learning English.
• Record your voice to practice speaking English - instantly compare your voice with a native English speaker!
• Practice listening with a new multiple choice activity.
• Learn many important vocabulary words!
• “Star” a word, like a flashcard, so you can practice it more.
• See a photo of each word and hear its pronunciation.
• Check your learning by keeping track of your scores.
• Play the matching game.
• Share your success on Facebook!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
• An Internet connection while downloading.
• An Internet connection when using the app. You must be connected to the Internet in order to use the app.
WHAT IF YOU WANT MORE ENGLISH PRACTICE?
• Download the other USA Learns English Apps for more practice. Each app contains five units:
• USA Learns English App 2: Places to Go, Countries and Nationalities, Celebrations, Family and School
• USA Learns English App 3: Clothes and Colors, Money and Shopping, Places in the Neighborhood, Food and the Body
• USA Learns English App 4: Doctors and Medicine, Finding a New Home, Furniture and Appliances, Transportation, Recreation and Weather
• Visit the free USA Learns Web site (www.usalearns.org) for many more learning activities, including videos, reading, listening, spelling, writing and speaking practice. The site is not recommended for phones or tablets.
• Get even more English practice on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/usalearns!
WHO CAN LEARN WITH THIS APP?
• Any speakers of languages other than English, learners of English as a Second Language (ESL), or anyone who wants to improve their English reading, writing and speaking skills can learn with this app.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP?
Please feel free to email questions and support issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This app is designed to give prospective international students access to our most popular website resources and services. Features include the ability to search for EducationUSA advising center information, to follow our primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube), to view Frequently Asked Questions (in 8 languages), to discover new financial aid opportunities, and to utilize our Ask an Adviser (in 5 languages) function.
Pocket DACA can help you to:
- Learn about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA);
- Find out if you might qualify for DACA through an interactive screening tool;
- Find legal help in your area;
- Stay informed about recent DACA news and updates; and
- Take polls to share your experience with DACA.
Pocket DACA was developed by the Immigration Advocates Network, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and American Immigration Council. It is a project of the Own the DREAM Campaign.
- Immigration Basics: An overview of common immigration issues, including eligibility and document checklists, community education materials, and links to key resources and forms.
- Legal Help Finder: A national directory of nonprofit immigration legal service providers, searchable by location or zip code.
- Immigration News: Daily immigration news and updates, which users can share via social media.
- Trainings and Events: A national calendar of immigration-related trainings and events, including relevant location, registration and contact information.
- Community Poll: Interactive polls on a range of immigration and immigrant integration topics.
- Alerts: Timely alerts on changes to the immigration law, new resources and practice alerts, and outreach and advocacy opportunities.
Immigo is made possible by the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) with support from Verizon and developed in partnership with the Immigration Advocates Network (IAN) and Pro Bono Net.