How would you feel when the whole world is crumbling down before you and the people whom you consider to show concern for you seem to be avoiding you or drifting away because of the unusual behavior you may have been exhibiting?
The feeling of depression becomes more intense and you will just continue to spiral down until you resort to drugs or suicide in order to put a stop to the unresolved feeling.
Sometimes, we look at people suffering from mental illness with disdain. We tend to be scared, as if the illness can contaminate us. We isolate, reject, or even ridicule a person with mental illness. Has it crossed your mind about how you would like to be treated if it happened to you?
Mental health issues can be caused by a lot of factors such biochemical imbalances in the brain, nutrient deficiencies, as well as toxins.
In mental health, it can also be genetics, inability to cope, poor social skills, or a reaction to a negative experience. The anxiety and depression being felt are signs of deeper psychological issues.
Psychiatrist Stanislav Grof used the term “Spiritual emergency” in describing the state of mental illness while psychiatrist Peter Breggin coined the term “psychospiritual overwhelm”. Both phrases take the mystery out of the diagnosis by describing a process. It connotes an experience, not a stigmatized label that can last a lifetime.
In mental health, if psychosis is not a life-long condition but a temporary response similar to a runny nose when we have a cold, then there is something we can do to empower those people who are undergoing mental distress.
If we can learn to read the warning signs of an impending cold, then we can learn to interpret the deeper cause and meaning of psychological overwhelm. By taking time to explore our feelings instead of reacting to them, we can definitely make some headway.
In mental health, there is nothing to be afraid of emotions. Feelings shouldn't be denied. There's a reason why such feelings or emotions exist. By deciphering them early on we have the chance to negate their snowballing effect.
The body and the mind will always try to find balance or regain equilibrium no matter how filled with emotion a person is. But often we need prodding to grapple with uncomfortable feelings, to get to their root. Deep emotion is not something we understand well in this society. It is reserved for poets and artists.
When we are feeling down, or we had a bad day, creative approaches, such as music, art, visualization or tracking can help channel emotion and the senses into a realm we can easily understand. Not only do they take the pressure off of a potentially explosive and disempowering personal experience, but they can also be used to discover our own uniqueness. They enable us to know ourselves in ways we never thought possible and ultimately, to make us stronger in what is often an alienating and stress-inducing world.
Download Mental Health Psychology now to learn more!
1) How Can I Help Someone I am Concerned About?
Are you currently concerned about the mental health of a friend, family member or co-worker? The information provided within the app (from the international mental health first aid guidelines) provides some basic guidance on what to do for those concerned and wanting to offer help.
2) The MHFA Action Plan
A handy resource in your pocket you can use when wanting to offer help to someone reminding you of the key aspects of the MHFA Action Plan 'ALGEE.'
3) How Much Do You Know?
Test your mental health knowledge with this quick six question quiz, which provides feedback on your answers.
4) Why Do MHFA?
MHFA courses teach mental health first aid strategies to members of the public. Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, or in a mental health-related crisis, until appropriate professional treatment is received or the crisis resolves. MHFA courses can provide members of the community with:
- Skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems;
- Knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems;
- Awareness of the evidenced based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available;
- Skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem;
- Skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.
4) MHFA Around the World
We encourage you to contact your local MHFA program. MHFA is now in 23 countries around the world and growing. Current international programs are listed within the app.
Visit us on the web at www.mental-fitness-challenge.com to check out the full program and see what others are saying.
가을학기를 맞아 여러분의 성원에 감사 드리며, 이번에 가격할인 이벤트를 실시합니다.
이번 가격할인의 기회를 놓치지 마세요!!
가격 할인 : 3,000원 -> 1,000원
더욱 더 많은 성원 부탁 드립니다.
[필독 꼭 읽어주세요]
1. 스마트폰에서 직접 다운로드 시
- 어플 용량이 44M 이상으로 다운로드 시간이 조금 소요되며,
어플의 마이페이지 또는 다운로드 메뉴에서 확인해 주시기 바랍니다.
2. 설치후에 실행시 필요한 리소스 파일(약5M)을 레슨별로 다운 받게 됩니다.
3. 다운 받은 레슨을 학습 하시는 동안에는 인터넷 연결이 필요 없습니다.
★ 이보영 선생님과 함께하는 영어회화 초급 회화 과정
60가지 패턴을 통해 응용연습까지 마스터
1. RealTalk - 패턴별 상황별 대화
2. Lesson - 이보영 선생님의 전략 강의
3. Skill Up - 패턴응용과정으로 무조건 따라하기로 실력업, 전체듣기로 마무리까지~
- 초급자용 회화 과정
- 쉽지만 막상 쓰려면 잘 떠오르지 않는 표현들을 중심으로 구성
- 상황별 대화를 통해 패턴을 학습하여 여러 상황에서 자유자재로 응용 가능
★ 이런분들에게 추천
- 좀 더 발전된 영어회화를 하고 싶은 분
- 외우고 있는 표현들을 응용해서 말하기 힘든 분
1. Do you want to…? …할래요?
2. How was…? …는 어땠어요?
3. I can’t … 난 그럴 수 없어요.
4. I really want to… 난 정말 …를 하고 싶어요.
5. I don’t know if… …인지 아닌지 모르겠군요.
6. I hate… 난 …은 딱 질색이야
7. I have ~ to… 내가 …해야 할 ~가 있다.
8. I think we should… 우리가 아무래도 ...하는 게 좋겠어요.
9. I thought… 나는 …인줄 알았는데.
10.I used to... (지금은 아니지만) 예전에 (나는) …하곤 했다.
11.I would like to … …을 했으면 하는데요.
12.I’m afraid… 안타깝게도 …인 것 같습니다.
13.I’m glad that… …하기를 잘했네요.
14.I’m sure… 분명 ...라고 확신합니다.
15.I’m trying to… …하려고 애쓰고 있습니다.
16.I’m used to… 난…하는 데 익숙하다.
17.Let me… 내가 …할게요.
18.May I…? 제가 …해도 될까요?
19.Why don’t you…? …하시지 그러세요?
20.You look… 당신 …해 보이는군요.
21.Have you ever~? 전에 …였던(했던) 적이 있나요?
22.How long does it take to~? …를 하는데 얼마나 걸리나요?
23.I can’t help but + V …하지 않을 수 없다.
24.I could have + p.p. 잘하면 …할 수도 있었는데.
25.I don’t know how to~ …를 어떻게 하는지 모르겠어요.
26.I don’t think~ …라고 생각되지 않는데요.
27.I ended up ~ing 저는 결국 …를 하게 되었지요.
28.I feel like ~ing …를 하고 싶은 기분이 드는군요.
29.I haven’t been able to ~ 난 이제까지 …를 할 수 없었어요.
30.I look forward to ~ing 간절히 …하기를 고대합니다.
31.I can’t afford to + V …할 형편이 못됩니다.
32.I should have + p.p. …했었어야 하는 건데.
33.I wish you would~ (난) 당신이 이젠 …했으면 좋겠어요.
34.I’ll bet ~ 틀림없이 …일거라고 장담해요.
35.I’m heading out to + 동사[장소] 난 지금 …하러[…로] 가려는 중이에요.
36.I’m thinking of ~ 난 …할까 생각 하는 중이에요.
37.I can’t wait until~ 난 빨리 …를 하고 싶어요.
38.What happened to ~? …에게 어떤 일이 있었던가요?
39.What made you ~? 무엇 때문에 당신이 …
Introduction – 1 in 5 of us will suffer from some form of mental illness in our lifetime, yet it is an odd paradox that our society, which now speaks openly about almost everything, remains largely silent when it comes to mental illness. Either out of fear or lack of information, over 60% of those struggling with mental illness do not seek treatment, suffering alone or worse, self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to help them cope.
We believe this stigma is toxic, both in terms of needless suffering and the lost potential of human lives. We need only look to last year’s tragedy at the Washington D.C. Navy Yard–and others at Newton, Aurora, and Virginia Tech – to understand that we can remain silent no longer.
We know what to do when our loved ones have a heart attack or stroke, but few of us know what to do in a psychiatric crisis. The purpose of this app is to help you identify the signs of mental illness and direct you to the resources you need to help a friend or loved one who may be in crisis.
Together, we can change our community's perceptions so that people who need help are no longer afraid to get it.
What our app is:
MHU app teaches people to recognize the signs of mental illness and provides resource links to treatments. Our app will give you the tools you need to help you assess a mental health crisis, provide help, and connect your friend or loved one to the resources they need.
What our app isn’t:
Mental Health First Aid is not a substitute for medical attention.
The app is distributed into different categories each of which is a part of Step by Step Salah guide package. The major categories and the respective features they entail are as follows:
Salah Steps – This category tells of the steps involved in offering the Salah. The different features, which this category has, are:
• Select from any of the Five Salahs to know about its Rakat in Fard and Sunnah
• A graphic as well as written description of every posture of Salah
• Audio playback of the recitation that takes place in the respective posture
• Arabic, transliteration and English translation of what is to be recited during Salah
Preperation – The category of preparation gives the requisites that need to be fulfilled before offering Salah. major features of this category are:
• A description of the Cleanliness requisites that need to be fulfilled before offering Salah
• It describes the imperativeness of Wudu in Salah preparation
• Whats and Hows of covering the body for Salah
• The Time considerations for every Salah
Salah Timings – This category tells a user about Salah timings in the particular region with all the details.
Some major features of this category are:
• The option of viewing Salah timings by either allowing the app to automatically detect the current location or you can also enter the desired location manually
• The feature of setting alarm for the respective Salah about which you need to be reminded
• Get the Salah timings for either Hanafi or Shafi juristic
• You can also select from different Azans for Salah Alarm
• A detailed description of the methods of calculation of Salah timings in the side-notes
Making Up – This category deals with briefing the users about the concerns they have pertaining to making up for missed Salah or if any mistake is committed while offering it. This category gives a detailed description of what a Muslim needs to do in order to make up for the mistake or missed Salah.
Step By Step Salah is the best app you can have on your Smartphone to educate yourself and know more about the rightful way of offering Salah. Please feel free to share your valuable suggestions and feedback to help us improve the app.
What's the secret to speaking English better? It's mastery of those tricky idioms and phrases that are so common in English. And learning these idioms and phrases will not only help you speak better, it'll help you understand Americans better. In this app, you’ll join an American family as they go about their day-to-day lives. Along the way, you will master over 300 of today's most common English idioms and expressions!
Hear American English as it's really spoken from native speakers. Record yourself reading the dialogues and play them back. Compare yourself with native speakers. Improving your English has never been so much fun!
Based on the bestselling book Speak English Like an American which reviewers call "a highly recommended self-teaching tool for those who are familiar with the English language, yet who seek to take their fluency to new heights."
This app brings you:
• Over 300 of today's most common American English idioms & phrases
• Tap and translate functionality – just tap the highlighted expressions in the dialogues and an instant definition will appear!
• Dozens of interactive exercises to reinforce the material – with immediate feedback
• Multiple usage examples of each idiom or phrase
• Listen & Record – a great way to improve your pronunciation!
If you like this app, please check out our other new Android app, Speak Business English. It teaches the expressions and idioms you need to succeed in business: http://bit.ly/1aHPCkc
★★★★★ "This is really good for people who are struggling with their maths!!!"
★★★★★ "Very easy to use. Very well set up"
★★★★★ "Yes thumbs up This is just what I was looking for. Fun and motivating to use."
Maths Bug keeps mental processes healthy and improves numeracy - feed your mental arithmetic brain and give it a daily fun workout! Downloaded over 100,000 times!
Maths Bug has been (humanely) tested on children, teens and adults. It works! Download Maths Bug for free and see if it works for you? Optimized for smart phones and tablets.
Includes 10 different tests:
- addition and subtraction
- multiplication and division
- common factors
- reading the time, and,
- word puzzles.
These are all built-in, no need to download anything else.
The app also includes built-in explanations of common mental maths tricks
3 different game play modes:
- Standard single test.
- 3 Strikes game mode, 3 lives across all tests, no time limit. A real maths workout!
- One Mad Maths Minute game mode, get as many correct as possible in one minute.
- Either type your answer or use multiple choice.
- Extensive sound effects and graphics to keep you engaged
- Built in scoring depending on speed, accuracy and difficulty level.
- Inspired by structured maths learning systems like Kumon.
- Create multiple accounts and keep track of progress and see how you are improving.
- Built in worldwide high score tables per test and overall.
- Change the background to suit your taste.
- Built in blackboard to help with working out.
- Works equally well on smartphones and tablets.
- Widget and Notifications to remind you to play
- Built in instructions and maths resources database on how to perform mental maths tricks.
This version is free and ad sponsored (child friendly ads only). If you wish to access the more advanced levels you will need to pay a small one off fee.
Why download multiple apps that take up space on your phone, when you get a maths brain trainer, mental maths tricks details, multiple accounts, charts and world wide scores support all in the ONE app.. Also we do not lock you out of trying out any test you want, we want you to learn and pay for the advanced levels when you are ready for them,
We have been especially careful to make sure the question style is authentic to that in maths tests and exams - allowing more easy recognition of patterns and styles of question.
Maths Bug we believe is well suited for use by home schoolers and for use in schools.
We hope you find Maths Bug fun whilst being educational and informative.
If you have any questions about Maths Bug, or suggestions to make it better, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
BTW we are aware of layout issues on small screen low resolution 'letterbox' displays (like HTC Chacha) - we are working to fix this - there is a lot to fit in.
Search categories: math games, quick calculation exercises, brainiac, math for kids, brain workout, brain fitness, games for children, math tricks, math for kids, math reference, calculation games, free puzzles, kids games, smart games, solitary games, IQ exercises, math workout, math help, education game, brain teaser, numbers, logic games, kid games, elementary math, mind game, free fun game, math help, fun games for free, fun games for kids, rain exercises, IQ tests, math skills.