There are over 100 stories in the app. These are grouped in eight parts. A page at the beginning of each part tells briefly what is found in that part. The stories appear in the order that events occurred in history.
Feature this app you can :
- Find word / sentence on story.
- Bookmark page.
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
I want to thank the wonderful people -Lynn Moore and lulu Couture (Maria) - who really helped me in the making of this concordance - a huge thanks to them!
It's almost "Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance", I made my own search by the Bible ( it supports search by several words)
Here you will find:
Alphabet index of all words from the Bible (total in app 12839) ("the, and, of" are excluded - don't use them in search query)
Bible Concordance - also you can search by several biblical words using space between them
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries with information from Hebrew and Greek Lexicons. Use numbers in search query to find them. Excluded some Greek words which not used in the Bible - G1400, G1418, G2717, G3203-G3302, G4452 and G5104
Strong's Concordance- the concordance you find below information of the Strong's number
All bible verses in concordance with clickable strongs numbers!
I hope this app will be your perfect companion in the study of the Bible!
Also I hope you will not have to carry a heavy book and spend much time on the search.
You need about 18Mb on your phone and about 47Mb on your SD card.
If you want to see concordance of another bible version or may be another language (without strong's numbers and concordance) - please let me know.
If you are annoyed about ads - try paid version "Bible & Strongs Concordance" which you find in my apps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to improve or have any problems with this app.
Bible Promises is free and supported by ads.
* Daily verse notifications
* Beautiful design and presentation
* Multiple English translations: KJV, NIV, NKJV, ESV, NLT, as well as Bibles in French, German, Spanish and Italian.
* Share verses through Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email, and many other apps
Addiction, Anger, Belief, Boredom, Children, Christmas, Contentment, Courage, Death, Depression, Encouragement, Envy, Faith, Family, Fear, Friendship, Forgiveness, Gossip, Grace, Grief, Guidance, Healing, Health, Hope, Humility, Jealousy, Joy, Loneliness, Love, Lust, Marriage, Meekness, Money, Obedience, Patience, Peace, Perseverance, Praise, Prayer, Pride, Protection, Redemption from Sin, Repentance, Righteousness, Sabbath, Salvation, Seeking God, Strength, Stress and Anxiety, Success, Suffering, Temptation, Thanksgiving, Tithes and Offerings, Trust, Truth, Wisdom, Work, Worry, Worship.
This 30 lesson Bible course will help you understand God’s plan for your life! Topics of study range from the second coming of Jesus Christ, the mystery of death, facts about diet and health to the major end-time prophecies of Daniel and Revelation. These are relational in nature. They speak not of what but of Whom. Jesus said in John 12:32, "But I, when I am lifted up will draw all men unto myself."
These lessons are designed to do just that. To draw you to the One who will change and transform you giving your life purpose, meaning and most of all...peace. As you continue through these lessons you will find yourself being discipled by the truths that you will discover.
In-depth solid Bible Studies
Bible Questions Answered
Prayer Request Link
The week-by-week structure inspires thought, prayer and action and supports both daily and intense bursts of reading and reflection. Try before you buy with our sample readings then decide on which length of subscription you'd like to the Guideline service.
This unique Bible reading resource offers in-depth study, drawing on the insights of current scholarship. It is written by a global pool of leading scholars and represents a stimulating and thought provoking breadth of Christian tradition. This new Guidelines app means that you can build your own personal reference library to keep on your device.
The weekly readings or Guidelines are broken into six separate sections, with an introduction giving context to the passage and a final section providing points for thought and prayer. Fit your readings around your work or home routine, and read as many or few sections as you wish on any given day. Each contributor makes suggestions of books for further study.
- Click on the weekly sub-section to see your readings for that week
- Build up your own personal reference library of Guidelines commentary – all downloads are permanently stored on your app
-Readings displayed in book page format, so no need to scroll down and lose your place
- Book format lets you swipe onto the next reading effortlessly
- Browse by contributor, date or bible book
- Use alongside your own bible or use the links to the Bible Gateway online resource
- Downloads are all stored within the app so you can access all readings without an internet connection
The Guidelines app comes with two Guidelines worth of free readings, that you can keep and use on your device forever. Subscriptions for 1 or 12 month periods for future readings are available for purchase within the app.
Guidelines is commissioned by Canon Dr Jeremy Duff and edited by Lisa Cherrett.
Guidelines is a publication of BRF. For more about BRF visit http://www.brfonline.org.uk/iphoneapps
* Read and study the Bible anywhere. Unlike other Bible apps for Android, no Internet connection is required once you've downloaded your Bibles and books onto your device.
* Continuous scrolling means you'll never fall behind your pastor or Bible study leader.! Compare PocketBible to your current Android Bible app – PocketBible really is lightning fast!
* Quickly go to any verse using the colorful book/chapter/verse chooser.
* Search your Bibles and books by word or phrase.
* Easily switch between any number of open Bibles and books.
* Look at multiple books at the same time. Open up to 2 panes on your smartphone and 5 panes on your tablet. Bibles and books will always stay on the same verse (can also be turned off so they don't stay on the same verse)
* Record what you learn by taking notes, highlighting passages, and setting bookmarks. Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible.
* Track your progress through devotionals and Bible reading plans.
* Synchronize your notes, highlights, bookmarks and daily reading progress with the Laridian Cloud and share between your other devices using PocketBible.
* Adjust font, font size and background color for your reading pleasure.
* Register PocketBible for free access to 40+ Bibles, reference books, devotionals and reading plans. Grow your library at any time by choosing from 100s of popular titles from Zondervan, Thomas Nelson, Tyndale and more (each sold separately).
Free Bibles and books include:
* 9 Bibles including American Standard Version (ASV), Bible in Basic English (BBE), Darby's New Translation (DNT), Geneva Bible (New Testament), King James Version (KJV), Webster's Bible, Weymouth Bible, World English Bible (WEB), Young's Literal Translation
* 4 Bible Commentaries including Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible by Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown, Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible by Matthew Henry, Reference Notes by Scofield, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
* 5 Topical References including Easton's Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names, Torrey's Topical Textbook, Condensed Bible Cyclopedia
* 11 Devotional Reading Books including 7 "Through the Bible" Reading Plans, Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System, M'Cheyne One-Year Bible Reading Plan, Morning and Evening Devotionals by Spurgeon, Daily Light on the Daily Path, A Harmony of the Gospels
* 12 Other Bible Reference Books including Works of Josephus (5 Volumes), Works of Augustine (5 Volumes), Imitation of Christ, Foxe's Book of Martyrs
To get the latest news and up and coming features of PocketBible check out our Google+ page:
Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
- reference books at hand: Easton's Bible Dictionary, Smith's Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary, The King James Version (KJV) Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, the Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia, Torrey's New Topical Textbook and the Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (JFB Commentary)
- Very fast and simple to use.
- Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Study the Holy Bible anytime, anywhere, no Internet connection required.
NO NEED INTERNET !
Why study the Bible?
One reason to study the Bible is for cultural literacy purposes. E.D. Hirsch writes, "To be culturally literate is to possess the basic information needed to thrive in the modern world."
Simply put, the Bible contains a wealth of cultural literacy. References to the Bible are found not only found in religion, but also art, music, philosophy, literature, law and more. Knowing what the Bible says is an important part of everyone's k-base.
Many popular phrases and figures of speech also find their origin in the Bible including being a Good Samaritan, the folly of letting the blind lead the blind, going the extra mile, ethical maxims such as "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," manna from heaven, etc. Hirsch considers the Bible so important to cultural literacy that it appears first in his Dictionary of Cultural Literacy.
Another reason to study the Bible is to learn what it has to say firsthand. Whether one is a supporter or critic of the Bible, or perhaps just neutral or uninterested in the topic, history has demonstrated that the Bible cannot be ignored. Considering that the Bible is important to three major world religions – Judaism, Christianity and Islam – it is worthy of study.
In addition, the recent rise of hostile criticism towards the Bible itself and religion in general also makes it worthy of study. Sometimes the critics do not always quote the Bible correctly or in context. Knowing what it says firsthand and having some knowledge of the context is helpful in understanding not only current events, but key ideas the Bible addresses such as the nature and existence of God, the human condition, the biblical pattern of redemption and salvation and ethics.
For thousands of years the Bible has been read not only as history and God's Word, but also for personal edification. This, of course, is a more meaningful reason for studying the Bible for those who believe in God, but the Bible is also surprisingly edifying for those who do not believe. It is full of individuals facing moral choices, life challenges, and, frankly, situations that are applicable to us even today. As Paul wrote, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NIV).
The Bible is available for us to learn from not only on an intellectual level, but on a personal and emotional level.
First things first. If you have any questions or issues with the Blue Letter Bible app, contact us immediately @ http://blb.sc/00016q, or our public Google Group @ http://blb.sc/001Yea. You can also email us @ theBlueLetterBible@gmail.com. We want the app to work for you.
Join our millions of annual website users who choose to dig deeper into God’s Word with Blue Letter Bible!
POWERFUL BIBLE STUDY TOOLS
• Study the Hebrew & Greek with our original language lexicon
• Perform word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
• Use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for an in-depth study
• Over 8,000 text commentaries by over 40 different authors
PERSONALIZED BIBLE STUDY
• Powerful note taking feature lets take notes while organizing them into notebooks
• Tag your favorite verses and collect them into custom folders
• Highlight verses in unlimited customized colors
• Show / hide footnote and verse markers
• Show / hide words of Christ in red
• Adjustable font size and line height for easier reading
• Side by side, parallel Bibles
Please take a minute to rate the Blue Letter Bible app!
Includes the Sinner's Prayer Summary Reference to help you bring a person to Jesus.
Includes the find "Jesus in Every Book of the Bible" Summary with a link to the video featured on GodTube.
And a link to the LIVE Mobile ChatHealing page where you can receive healing from Jesus on your phone.
Study Bible functionality includes:
- Navigating between adjacent chapters or jumping to any chapter and verse by giving the reference (e.g. Rev 14:6)
-A nice and easy to use selection panel (you long press on a verse to activate it). It provides the ability to copy, highlight or chain a reference to the verse.
--Once in selection mode, to highlight another verse you simply tap on the interested verse, and do the same to deselect it.
--If you would like to select a long passage simply long press on a verse again, and all the verse between the last selection and the current long pressed verse will be selected.
-As can be expected; Study Bible also has a search feature that one can use to find passages with similar wording to the search query.
-A history action to show all the chapters one has been to, and you can tap on the list to go back to that chapter.
-The ability to share Scriptures you like
-Now one can keep notes of thoughts they have one certain verses
-One can now show as to which are their favourite verses. Start placing them, for soon there shall be a means of uses those verses to keep the word of God ever before you.
-Also what has now been added is the ability to back up one's study info, so if somehow the app's data is cleared, or a new install is made, it will be a small process to restore you study info.
-There are also what are known as Active notes, which help one take notes in a dynamic manner; they also provide easy reading of verses referenced in the note.
-One can also change the theme of the app to a colouring you more comfortable with.
Version 2 and still more features to add, keep a look out for more updates to Study Bible.
Available language English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Chinese.
Bible NIV, Louis Segond and Union Version.
If You liked this book you can find version without advertisement in my applications: "Matthew Henry Commentary Pro"
Originally written in 1706, Matthew Henry's six volume Complete Commentary provides an exhaustive look at every verse in the Bible.
Matthew Henry's well-known six-volume Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708–1710) or Complete Commentary, provides an exhaustive verse by verse study of the Bible. covering the whole of the Old Testament, and the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament. After the author's death, the work was finished (Romans through Revelation) by thirteen other nonconformist ministers, partly based upon notes taken by Henry's hearers, and edited by George Burder and John Hughes in 1811.
Henry's commentaries are primarily exegetical, dealing with the scripture text as presented, with his prime intention being explanation, for practical and devotional purposes. While not being a work of textual research, for which Henry recommended Matthew Poole's Synopsis Criticorum, Henry's Exposition gives the result of a critical account of the original as of his time, with practical application. It was considered sensible and stylish, a commentary for devotional purposes.
Famous evangelical Protestant preachers such as George Whitefield and Charles Spurgeon used and heartily commended the work, with Whitefield reading it through four times - the last time on his knees. Spurgeon stated, "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths.
Also join Bible lexicon community on google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104475940864223988052
For help see http://biblelexicon.net/help
• Lexicon search
• Concordance search
• Bible text (multiple Bible texts can be paralleled side by side)
• Passage translator (Translate selected passage from original text)
• Vocabulary creator (Create and print vocabulary for selected passage)
• Exegetical study tool (helps you get inside the text)
• Bookmarks, Notes
• Searching by Greek/Hebrew characters, strong numbers, transliteration
• Clickable words (dialog box with further study options)
• Concordance, Bible text, Vocabulary exports
• Night mode
• Phone & Tablet layout
• Google+, Facebook, Twitter share
• Free, no ads
• And some other features…
Please, rate only application features, implementation, design, user-friendliness and so on. If application force closes rather write me an email or report the problem so I can make update fixing this. This way is much helpful.
- Arabic: Arabic Bible
- Chinese: Chinese Union Version Simplified, Chinese Union Version Traditional
- Czech: Bible 21, Bible kralická, Český ekumenický překlad, Český studijní překlad, Svaté Písmo - Překlad nového světa 1997
- Dutch: Statenvertaling
- English: American standard version, Bible in Basic English, Geneva Bible, King James Version, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation
- French: French Darby Translation, French Louis Segond, La Sainte Bible
- German: Elberfelder 1905, Luther Bible
- Greek: Byzantine NT, Nestle 1904 Greek New Testament, SBL Greek New Testament, Septuagint, Textus Receptus, Westcott-Hort
- Hebrew: Aleppo Codex, Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Westminster Leningrad Codex
- Indonesian: Terjemahan Baru
- Italian: Italian Diodati Bibbia
- Japanese: Japan Bible
- Korean: Korean ASV
- Latin: Latin Vulgate
- Polish: Biblia gdańska
- Portuguese: Almeida Revista e Corrigida
- Romanian: Dumitru Cornilescu
- Russian: Russian Synodal Bible
- Slovak: Slovenský ekumenický preklad
- Spanish: Reina-Valera, Sagradas Escrituras
- Swahili: Biblia Takatifu
- Swedish: Svenska 1917 års bibelöversättning
- Syriac: The Syriac New Testament (Peshitta)
- Tamil: Tamil BSI, Tamil WBTC
- Turkish: Turkish Bible
- Vietnamese: Vietnamese Bible
- Greek: Abridged Greek - Czech, Bartoň Uvedení do Novozákonní Řečtiny, Mounce The Basics of Biblical Greek, Strongs greek, Thayer's NT Greek Lexicon, Tichý greek
- Hebrew: Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew lexicon, Hebrew lexicon, Strongs hebrew, Weingreen hebrew
- Latin: Latin lexicon
1. KJV Bible Dictionary
2. Easton's Bible Dictionary
3. Smith's Bible Dictionary
4. Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia
5. J-F-B Commentary
6. Hitchcock's Bible names Dictionary
7. Torrey's New Topical Textbook
8. Nave's Topical Bible
* easy searching
* easy switching between dictionaries
* easy adding to favorite
* easy navigation of recent words
* Zooming function of definition view
* Dynamic user interface for different screen sizes
Tags: Holy bible, bible dictionary, commentary, KJV, Easton, smith, Nave
Now, you can freely access thousands of Christian ministries in the Sermon Network from your Android device.
The sermon.net App is free to use and contains no advertising.
- Search the sermon.net directory of Christian Ministries worldwide
- Subscribe to your favorite channels
- View each ministries playlist of episodes and sermons
- Auto update your subscriptions to check for new sermon episodes
- Stream audio and video on-demand over WiFi, 3G, or 4G
- Tune in to live services as they happen
- Share episodes with your friends and family via Facebook and Twitter
- Locate a church with the integrated map
- Read along in the integrated YouVersion Bible
There are more features than what we have listed and more are in development. We hope and pray the sermon.net app will be a blessing to you. Please share your feedback with us as we continue to make edits and additions to improve your sermon.net experience.
The Apostle Paul said in 1 Thess 5:23, “May God Himself, the God of Peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” We see ourselves as called of God to bring this balance to the body of Christ in the World at large, and that quest begins by bringing that victory of the Kingdom to the Triangle area. The Kingdom builds not just strong Christians but complete people. The aim is to be sanctified through and through, for the entire life to be affected by the power of the Kingdom. Our ministry focus therefore will be to bring the victory of the Kingdom of God into every area of the individual, and to create vehicles to help everyone to access keys to the kingdom of heaven.
Keywords: world, overcomes, world overcomers christian church, christian, church, pastor, andy, pastorandy, durham, wocc, andy thompson, durham nc, wocc iPhone, wocc iPad, salvation, baptism, non-denominational, mega, mega church, youth, youth ministry, ministry.
Keywords: Bishop, Michael, Pitts,Cornerstone, Church, Toledo, Global, Network, Kathi, Present, Truth, Derick, Thomas
Keywords: Christian, radio, focus, family, families, broadcasts, Australia, focus on the family, marriage, parenting, parent, relationships, faith, hope, thrive
Judy Sekulow. The radio show was started on July 7, 2007 with adopting
the theme "Reaching the lost and educating the found". Each week Rabbi
Scott and Judy examine current events both in Israel and the U.S. from a
Biblical and prophetic standpoint. You'll learn as they unravel the mysteries of
the Bible by examining them from a Jewish perspective. Listen as they
discuss Hebraic culture and customs. Tune in to hear captivating interviews
from a wide spectrum of guests. Feel better prepared as they equip you with
witnessing tips to help you share your faith.
Keywords: Faith, Rabbi, Scott, Sekulow, Messianic, Hour, Jewish, Radio, Israel
We celebrate the feasts and practices of the Torah as we experience Mathew 5:17 where Yeshua said "I have not come to abolish the Torah or the
Prophets, but to bring them to their fullness."
We believe that the whole Bible (Genesis through Revelation) - is the inerrant word of God, by which God reveals His plan for His "Chosen People" Israel
and through His Messiah will bring the Nations
(Gentiles) to worship Him.
Our Congregation is made up of Jewish and Non-Jewish (Gentile) people and many of our families are interfaith (one Jewish, the other Gentile). We are
multi-cultural and multi-ethnic.
Keywords: God, Faith, Rabbi, Scott, Sekulow, Congregation, Beth Adonai, Jewish, Gentile, Messianic
Keywords: Ricky, Temple, Overcoming, Faith, Bible, Savannah, Media
At Northwoods we believe that God called the Church to reach seekers and build believers, God created the Church to be a catalyst for life-change—a supernatural agency of life transformation filled with amazing stories of His love, grace, truth, forgiveness, compassion, mercy, and power!
Keywords: God,Faith,Church, Northwoods, Community
Keywords: Cleveland, Pastor Rick, Pastor Toby, Pastor Kellie, Black Gospel, Liturgical Dancing, Praise & Worship, Preaching, Presbyterian, Youth Program, Calvary
Keywords: catholic , Miraculous , Medal , shrine , Novena , mary , prayer , mass , worship , mother , blessed , Our lady , memorare , act, contrition
Keywords: God, Faith, Church, on, the, Rock, Texarkana, John, Miller, Texas, TX
With this, you will be able to access multi-media resources from Pastor Joey Rogers. Through Biblically-based preaching and teaching, your walk with Christ will be strengthened.
Keywords: God, Faith, Church, Revive, Ministries, Pace, Assembly, Joey, Rogers, Bible
Radio listeners throughout the Triad hear Senior Pastor Sid Batts' one-minute Just a Thought messages on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings on WKZL, 107.5 FM.
You can also receive the same message in your e-mail inbox so you can listen to it on your schedule.
If you'd like to receive Sid's morning message in your inbox please subscribe here. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the link at the bottom of the message.
Use the links at the bottom of this page to explore Sid's recent messages, to download messages as podcasts, to subscribe to our RSS feed or to learn more about First Presbyterian Church.
Keywords: God,Faith,Church, Just, A, Thought, Pastor, Sid, Batts, 107.5FM, WKZL