PlayerPro features a beautiful, fast and intuitive interface, alongside powerful audio configuration options. In addition, there is a choice of several FREE plugins to complement it: 20+ skins, DSP Pack, Widget Pack ...
PlayerPro has been in the top five android apps in the music & audio category for over two years and is actively being developed and supported.
Note: the Pro version is standalone. Please uninstall the trial version after purchase.
* Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.
* Video browser and player.
* Automatically downloads missing album artwork, artist pictures and genre illustrations.
* Manually pick your preferred album artwork, artist pictures, genre illustrations from the Internet, the Gallery app, ID3 tags, or album folder.
* Change the user interface of the Player by installing one of the 20+ available SKINS, all for FREE.
* Customize the layout, choosing between GRID or LIST views.
* Read album and artist REVIEWS.
* Download, search and and save LYRICS to your music files using standard ID3 tags.
* Single and group TAG EDITING: title, album, artist, album artist, track, year, genre, comment.
* Mixable AUDIO EFFECTS for Android >2.3 devices: 5 band graphic EQUALIZER with default/customizable presets, STEREO WIDENING effect, REVERB effects (large hall, medium hall, plate, small room, medium room, large room), BASS BOOST effect, volume control.
* FREE additional DSP PLUGIN: 10 band graphic EQUALIZER with 15 default/customizable presets, PRE-AMP control, BASS BOOST control, STEREO WIDENING control, left-right volume control. GAPLESS playback. Auto/Manual CROSSFADE. REPLAY GAIN. Audio Limiter. Go to Settings > Audio and select "Download DSP pack" option to install the free plugin.
* Dolby, SRS and Beats audio sound effects for HTC devices equipped with HTC sound enhancement.
* Music stats and SMART PLAYLISTS: Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played, Least played. Build additional custom playlists using the SMART PLAYLIST EDITOR and the many different criteria it offers: album, artist, genre, title, play/skip count, last played/added, rating, is a podcast, duration, year, file path etc. All smart playlists are AUTO-UPDATED.
* Import and export music history and ratings from your favorite desktop music player: Songbird, Winamp, Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey ...
* Music folder selection.
* Choice of 2 LOCK SCREEN widgets with many customization options: unlock slider, sound toggler, skip tracks using volume buttons, swipe gestures, background selection, controls selection, time display, skin selection ...
* Choice of 5 different home screen WIDGETS (4x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x2). All widgets are customizable and skinnable: 6 different SKINS available, option to display artist picture instead of album artwork, option to display ratings, shuffle/repeat controls etc.
* NOTIFICATION STATUS support: display album artwork, title, album and artist, play/pause, skip forward and stop CONTROLS (ICS only) in notification status.
* Supported SCROBBLERS: Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid, Official Last.fm app.
* SLEEP TIMER with fade out.
* SHARE text notifications, album/artist artwork on your favorite social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Picasa etc.
* HEADSET support. Customize long press and double/triple press actions.
* Library wide SEARCH. VOICE search support.
* SWIPE gestures (player: swipe album art to skip songs, browsers: swipe left to play next, swipe right to play last).
* SHAKE IT feature: give your phone a shake to play next/previous song (e.g.: shake top to bottom or bottom to top to play next/previous song).
... and many other features to discover!
The app starts with the "time" view. There you can adjust the "time points", i.e the points in time where some change will happen to your sound. In the other screen you set up - point by point - the volume, frequency and filter characteristics of your sound. Choose one of the 8 available base waveform, click on "play" and listen to the sound effect you've created!
If you find it hard to generate interesting effects, you can find inspiration from a full range of 15 presets. The sounds you create can then be saved in wav format and used everywhere in your smartphone.
Please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org for comments, bugs, requests of enhancement or to share your sounds with me! Thanks!
In contrast to traditional composition methods this approach places intuition, randomness, playfulness in the focus of attention.
The base element is the Sound-Sphere. Imagine a planet, where the ball you drop, will always be bouncing, creating a perpetual-motion machine. The height of the drop controls the time between bounces, hence the rhythm.
Zooming is the other key part of the composition. By changing the perspective, the user is able to change different aspects of the sound. At the normal level, the rhythm can be created, in a deeper state it is possible to shape the triggered sounds.
Useful features include:
⁃ Selection of audio test signals, with the option to download signals for offline use
⁃ Unique decibel calculator
⁃ Room modes calculator
⁃ Octave/third-octave frequency bands calculator with A/B/C/D weightings
⁃ Noise rating (NR) level calculator
⁃ Reverberation time calculators (simple and advanced modes)
In addition, a number of acoustic equations are included, each with the unique provision to calculate any one of the equation terms. Physical units are always selectable where appropriate, for example speed may be calculated or input as m/s, km/h or mph. Equations cover:
- Speed of sound
- Decibel definitions of sound power, intensity and pressure level
- Audio delay
- Sound propagation
- Distance attenuation
- Barrier attenuation
Also provided is background information to some key acoustic concepts and a directory of acoustic related organisations.
Please note: some current facilities follow the convention for the UK acoustics industry, which might differ in other countries. For example, in the UK the decibel reference value for sound pressure in air is 0.00002 Pa.
toolBox for acoustics will be updated over time with more great features. For any feedback (positive or negative!), please contact us via our website.
Buttons arranged on the top:
Low: Low frequency resolution, for fast response
frequency resolution approx. 15.6 Hz
Med: Medium frequency resolution (only available in PRO-version)
frequency resolution approx. 3.9 Hz
High: High frequency resolution (only available in PRO-version)
frequency resolution approx. 1.0 Hz
"Ultra high Frequency Resolution" --> see below
Stop: Stops the measurement
Exit: Terminates the APP
Description of the graphics (from top to bottom):
1st graphic with sound level trend:
Sound level trend of the last 12 seconds, scaling from 0 dB to 90 dB.
By wiping across the 1st graphic (wiping always from bottom left to top right over the relevant graphic) the numerical current value is displayed.
2nd graphic with sound pressure in function of time
3rd graphic for tone identification:
If a clear tone within the frequency spectrum can be determined, the tone will be displayed with a red bar.
4th graphic with numerical peak-frequency and frequency spectrum:
The numerical frequencies of the three highest peaks will be displayed. For better reading you can stop the measurement with the "Stop"-button.
5th graphic third octave band analysis:
For acoustic assessments the third octave spectrum is used. The relevant frequency range from 100 Hz (limited due to the frequency response of the internal microphone) to 3150 Hz (limited due to the sampling frequency) is displayed.
Only available in PRO-version:
The frequency response of the internal microphone was calibrated in a diffuse sound field to a reference device. This calibration has been performed on a Samsung Galaxy S2. The displayed third octave dB-values include this correction and the A-weighting.
Other implemented wiping gestures:
Ultra high frequency resolution (only available in PRO-version):
By wiping across the 4th graphic (wiping always from bottom left to top right over the relevant graphic) an ultra-high frequency resolution will be activated, frequency resolution approx. 0.5 Hz.
Higher integration time (only available in PRO-version):
By wiping across the 5th graphic (wiping always from bottom left to top right over the relevant graphic) the averaging time of the displayed third octave values is increased by a factor of 5.
Show internal diagnostic data:
By wiping across the complete display (wiping always from bottom left to top right) internal data is displayed in the lower part of the display.
For more details:
Keywords: acoustic, frequency, tone detection, frequency analysis, third octave analysis, dBA