Play against AI
* Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
* Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
* Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
* Can undo/redo all moves
* Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
* Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
* On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
* Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
* Play as guest or as a registered user (on ICC or JaqueMate.org only as registered user)
* Seek/offer match rated and unrated
* View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
* Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options when playing
* Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
* Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
* Examine games (works with puzzlebot or the “exl” command to examine your last played game)
* Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
* Premove option: You can introduce movements on your opponent's turn
* Option to confirm moves before sending to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
* Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
* 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
* Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
* 2D/3D board
* Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
* Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
* Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
* Portrait and Landscape mode
* Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
* Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
* Many piece sets and board styles
* Shows a dot on the side to move and can show board coordinates
* The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
* Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
* Speak moves, checks and game results
* Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
* Option to keep the screen on while playing
You can try the Free version with ads first
Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest rated paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
★★★★-- rating!: "Chess Free provides a rich and challenging experience of this classic board game, all within the confines of your Android smart-phone. " James Woodcock : Review Journalist (http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/?p=5427)
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique "human-like" style.
-- "Show CPU Thinking" option
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 5 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
-- Full Touch screen and trackball support
-- Support for latest Android 3.X and 4.X action bar for options and menu access
Download the best Chess for Android now!
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 16 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Works fine on mobile phones and large tablets.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Rates your play
* Outstanding playing strength
* Simulates opponent of any strength
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety with built-in opening book
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Import and export games in PGN format
* Different chess boards and pieces
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 for your desktop or notebook computer (Mac, Windows or Linux) on shredderchess.com. You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
Get the best!
-Display of thinking
-Full take back & forward
-Big opening book & named openings
-Set up position
-33 playing levels including easy & blitz
-Database. Save / load games to PGN databases on SD card
-Copy and paste PGN games to clipboard
-Simple, elegant user interface
* Advanced AI engine with eight levels of difficulty and opening book with more than 60000 positions
* FICS client for online gaming with Timeseal
* Local 2-player hot-seat mode
* Save on exit
* Deep Undo and Redo
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
* Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
* 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
* 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
* Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
* 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
* Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
* Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
* Show all the moves for the current game
* Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
* Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
* Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
* "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
* Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
Easy to play but very hard to master. Now you can test your playing skills against the computer on three different levels offline, or online against real people from around the world.
Chess is a two-person board game which simulates a battle between two opposing armies. Chess has been around for more than sixteen hundred years. When it comes to mind games, Chess is undoubtedly at the top of the list.
• Play against the computer (practice) with four different levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced & Expert)
• Play a match against a friend on one device
• Play against opponents connected online around the world
• Easy tap-and-place or drag-and-drop interface to move the pieces on the board
• Smooth 3D board zoom and rotation
• Five gorgeous board sets
• Save your game and load it later
• Thousands of historical matches by the most famous Chess players included
• View the list of moves of your match on your screen
• Chat with online opponents
Top Rated paid Brain & Puzzle Android Game! New version 1.1 fixing numerous issues.
Chess Pro 3D takes a unique twist on a classic game. With varying ease and numerous settings, you're allowed to customize your degree of difficulty to suit you, all while viewing the board in gorgeous 3D!
Become the next Master Chess Gambit! You may compete against your friends by having the quickest time, or earn achievements by beating the hardest levels. See if you can attain checkmate on the hardest level.
Chess Pro 3D uses the latest technology in emulating various skill levels. Also included are the ability to take back moves, change viewing angles and camera perspective, and a simple touch and move interface.
Download Chess Pro 3D today and become the next Chess Master!
* Optimized for latest droid device!
* Spectacular 3D Graphics
* Intuitive Chess Engine
* Various camera angles
* ability to toggle between birds eye and numerous 3D views
* Take back moves
* Fluid Chess Animation
* Different Difficulty Levels
Chess Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call or exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your Android device, check out Chess Premium today!
Become the next Master Chess Gambit! You may compete against your friends by having the quickest time, or earn the respect of your peers by beating the hardest levels. See if you can attain checkmate on the hardest level and the fewest moves.
Master Chess has 3 different skill levels to choose from. You can change the 3D/2D perspective and compete against other players around the world via Game Center.
Download Master Chess today and become the next Chess Guru!
* Customized for both tablet and latest mobile devices!
* Optimized for newest Android versions
* Spectacular 3D Graphics
* Fully optimized world class Stockfish Chess Engine
* Various camera angles in 3D
* Beautiful backgrounds and scenery
* Fluid Chess Animation
* Quick play, and responsive design
* 3 Different Difficulty Levels
* Customize pieces and board with a plethora of colors
- Guess the move
- Blunder analysis (PCT analyses your games then creates a report and tactics puzzles from them)
- Train Tactics (automatically adapts to your weaknesses!)
- Train endgame positions vs engine
- Train Openings
- Memorize games
- Study courses
- Opening Explorer
- Intelligent scoring system
- View PGNs
- and best of all: you can use any PGN file for training
See also my new app Perfect Chess Database: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mbartl.perfectchessdatabase.android
- 3D board and pieces with the ability to rotate to any view
- Play against a computer opponent
- 2 player local mode
- Play online versus your friends
- Official FIDE (Elo) rating system
- 4 different 3D environments
- Online leaderboard
- Lobby notifications notify you when your game is joined or a move is made
- Multiplayer chat
- 2D button to lock the screen in 2D mode
- 2D piece set option for 2D mode
- 3D lock view button
- Optional auto rotate that saves each player's viewing angle and returns to it after each move
- Online games can be played at any pace and your opponent does not need to be online to play
- Save and load previous games
- PGN export and load
- Varying computer opponent difficulty.
iChess is now available on iPhone and iPad! http://goo.gl/1GIu67
★★★★★ "Awesome app with hell lot of puzzles. Best one seen so far !!"
★★★★★ "Its a great and functional training tool"
♟ Three difficulty levels. All puzzles are offline. No internet connection required
♟ Load your own PGN puzzle file. Chessbase CBH format not supported
♟ Hint and engine analysis with Stockfish and Critter!
♟ Bird View feature to view Solved/Failed and unseen puzzles.
♟ Scorecard to track your progress
♟ Master Chess openings by solving chess tactics from openings like Sicilian, Kings Indian etc (extra $)
♟ Solve puzzles from recent 2013 tournament chess games (extra $)
♟ Some puzzles simply win a pawn or a piece and not necessarily end in checkmate
♟ Puzzles are arranged in increasing order of difficulty
♟ This is not an app to play chess online or play against the mobile or with friends
♟ Thanks to theweekinchess.com and pgnmentor.com for the PGN files
Follow on Google Plus http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
Enjoy solving puzzles from chess games of Anand, Magnus Carlsen, Kramnik, Aronian, Nakamura, Gelfand, Radjabov, Polgar and others.
Stay up to date with puzzles from recent tournaments like Tata Steel 2013, London Chess Classic, Chess Olympiad, World Championship, European Teams, Candidates, Alekhine mem etc
Additional puzzles available for In-app purchase
♚ January to December 2013
♚ Mate in 1
♚ Endgame Tactics (Annotated)
♚ Mate in 2 - Vol 1
♚ December 2012
♚ November 2012
♚ Sicilian Najdorf Be2
♚ Magic of Mikhail Tal
♚ October 2012 Tactics
♚ Tactics in the Catalan
♚ KID Saemisch - Vol 1
NOTE: 'Read Phone identity' is required to secure purchases. No private information can be accessed
Like this Chess game? Then tell your friends!
"Crazy Bishop" with very high quality graphics!
Adjustable playing strength from 100 levels!
You can choose the strength of the computer from 258 to 2300 in ELO rating.
Level 1 is extremely weak, and Level 100 is extremely difficult to beat!
The Chess has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert!
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will be rewarded to enable changing the board style and pieces design by collecting medals. (Normal mode only)
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Computer gives your level evaluation by ELO rating in rating mode,
very useful for tracking your progress
- Enter and analyze any position you like in edit mode
- Hint facility to improve your game
- Review mode during a game
- Save/Load game records
- Supporting PGN file for both reading and writing
- Export game records via e-mail in text format or as a PGN file
- Enable to view full game history in the game record and restart game
from the selected move, which should be very practical for improving your chess
- Autosaves your current game
★ Special introductory price.
Previously nominated for a prestigious BAFTA (Best Interactive Media) - Dinosaur Chess is the best and FUN way to learn and play chess for kids and adults of all ages.
★ Learn how to play chess with 11 bite-sized interactive lessons.
★ Over 20 mini games and puzzles.
★ Play simplified and full chess against six dinosaurs.
★ Play as a boy or girl student.
★ Incredible graphics and animation.
★ Track progress.
★ Entertaining and challenging for kids, children and adults.
★ Learning and playing chess is good for the brain.
Sign up to Professor MacDinosaur's chess class. You will grow from a hatchling fresh from the egg to a huge dinosaur ready to take on the TRex.
The action takes you through different parts of the dinosaur's world from jungles to forests. Here you learn the chess skills that will help you grow enough to defeat the other dinosaurs in battle.
★ No Ads.
★ No In-app purchases.