This app will install Debian or Ubuntu onto your device.
You will need a mouse or stylus to use it.
Contains bugs! If you need stable desktop environment for everyday use - you'd better search for another Linux installer, there are several such apps on Google Play, all of them require rooted device.
GIMP image editor, or office suite pre-installed (AbiWord and Gnumeric, there's no PowerPoint support).
You will need 200 Mb free on internal data storage, plus 500 Mb on SD card.
This app is NOT full Ubuntu OS - it is a compatibility layer, which allows you to run Ubuntu applications.
Your phone is NOT rooted during installation.
This is NOT official Ubuntu.com release.
There are several limitations:
- It cannot mess up your Android device. It is a plain regular Android app, so you can close or kill it when you desire.
- Desktop environment is somewhat broken.
- Video output is slow. This can be improved by creating native Android X.org server (Xsdl is a good place to start).
- No audio support. Maybe it will be added in the future, however it will lag a lot, and there's no way to fix the lag.
- No hardware mouse support. Probably it will be added in the future.
- No OpenGL support. It's possible to add it but it's a huge chunk of work, and I will not be doing that.
- No access to the device hardware. That means you cannot re-partition SD card, you cannot burn CD-Roms, you cannot run ping or sniff your network etc.
- No camera support. It's possible to add, however not worth the effort, since Ubuntu can access photos on your SD card.
- No multitouch support - this is a limitation of Ubuntu itself.
- No ability to move app to SD card.
- No pseudo-terminal support, so XTerm and many utilities do not work.
Sources available on developer site.
ChromeCast for audio (both online and offline)
Browse by tags or by folder structure
Lockscreen controls (ICS+)
Gapless Playback (JB+)
Manage/Listen to Podcasts (And auto sync new podcasts)
Better offline support (cached playlists, search, etc...)
Better Bluetooth controls (works with more devices, sends metadata on devices which support it)
Better Shuffle (size of playlist option + by year, genre, etc...)
Quick add/remove songs to playlist
Pause playback when other apps request audio focus (navigation, etc)
Stuttering playback fixes for the users who were effected by it
Option to gather logs and send them via email for newer versions of Android which don't allow 3d party apps (ex: alogcat) to gather other apps logs anymore.
Drag and Drop songs to rearrange your playlist on the Now Playing tab
Random minor improvements
The code for this project are released under the GPL and are available on Github: https://github.com/daneren2005/Subsonic:
Note: The permission to read system logs is only for the option to send logs via email (which you have to explicitly click and then send) and isn't used anywhere else.
Songs are cached for offline playback. Supports virtually all audio formats, including mp3, ogg, aac, flac and wma. Video playback is powered by MX Player.
You can also use this app as a remote control for music playing on your server.
Features offline mode, adaptive bitrates, equalizer and visualizer.
Server software available for Windows, Mac, Linux on subsonic.org.
Lockscreen playback controls
Notification playback controls
Now playing notification within the app for quick access
Bluetooth playback (A2DP)
Bluetooth metadata (AVRCP)
Improved quality of playback while streaming
Improved offline browsing
Enhanced playback settings
Expanded search settings
Support for more servers
Revamped UI workflow
Pull down to refresh
High quality album art
Now playing indicator on all activities. This gives quick access to play/pause the track. Clicking on the album art takes you directly to the album. Clicking on the notification will take you to the "Now Playing" activity. Swiping down on the notification will hide it until the next playback change. Swiping left/right will go to previous/next track in the playlist. This notification can be disabled in settings.
Features Specific to Subsonic API 1.7.0 and higher:
Genre support (Subsonic 4.8+)
ID3 tag method support
Starred album support
Starred song support
Alphabetical by artist
Alphabetical by album
This app lets you choose from and listen to the streaming audio available from Subsonic Radio on your Android device.
Note regarding mobile data usage: Streaming music for a long time over your 3G/4G mobile network can use a lot of data. If your mobile data usage is capped or you have problems connecting when on a 3G/4G connection, you may want to consider connecting to a wi-fi network before playing a stream.
Why try another music player when you've seen them all, and you use a better one anyway? Well - you haven't seen a music player like this. And believe me - mine's much bigger than yours!
Forget screenshots, watch it move!
- Gapless playback on Jelly Bean!
- Standard audio controls: bass boost, equalizer, virtualizer (audio widening), etc.
- Unlimited number of equalizer presets, each preset can be calibrated via automatic room correction or audiogram-style calibration for headphones
- Different sound profiles for dock/car/headphones
- Replaygain support
- Replay all media format supported by your Android version: mp3, flac, vorbis
- Viper Audio equalizer supported where available
- Experimental FFMpeg playback engine. Tested with: MP3, OGG, MPC, WMA, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, MP4.x. APE broken.
Media management features:
- Full id3v2 and VORBISCOMMENT reading and writing
- Browse your collection faster than ever - see it on a 2D pinch-to-zoom-able matrix with customizable axii
- Were you missing AlbumArtist tag? Well - not anymore. Group your media by artist, album, album artist, year or genre.
- Quckly sweep between records in selected artist's discography
- Picking from zoomable matrix too fancy? Choose your tracks the way geeks do it, from your own directory structure, with neat file system browser
- Browse your tracks by rating, date of listening, date of adding to library, or playcount, with neat flow-style interface
- Synchronize your music tags to MusicBrainz either automatically or by scanning barcode from your original CD (in your face, MediaMonkey)
- Automatic album art downloading
- Don't like the album art XenoAmp's fuzzy logic picked? No prob - you can always choose a better one manualy
- Index and play your cifs media to create a real audio station for your home (WIP)
- Browse and create playlists from files on your SMB network (WIP)
- Edit tags for a bunch of tracks or mass edit by template (WIP)
- Outside of XenoAmp: click a file in ES Explorer, Total Commander, Solid Browser or Whatever File Browser and voila: you've created a playlist from current directory contents!
- "native" XenoAmp Playlists are kept in m3u8 with absolute paths
- manage .nomedia files inside xenoamp browser
- You can't get more minimalist. Unless you turn off your display.
- No standard Android widgets, handling the player is just touch or sweep. Draw a circle for volume up/down.
- Managing playlists is no more a pain, you can EASILY (and I mean in a snap) create, delete and rename playlists, switch between them, append them with tracks based on any tag.
- Click playlist entry to play, drag to move up/down, sweep to delete.
Bits and pieces:
- Supported music services: Subsonic, Google music, Dirble radio directory (was: Shoutcast)
- Browse, bookmark and search tracks in each of the services
- Scrobble to last.fm and libre.fm (scrobbling via wonderful "A simple last.fm scrobbler" - get it on the Market)
- Browse into M3U, M3U8 and PLS, and recursively into playlists inside them
- M3U* and PLS handle local, HTTP, Subsonic, DLNA (UPnP) and SMB entries
- Browse and search 8Tracks
- Player reacts to audio jack, incoming calls, respects Android audio focus and media button interfaces.
- Displays lyric via Lyrics Wiki.
- Minimalistic home screen widgets, currently 1x1, 4x1 and 4x2
- Respects .nomedia
- Most features working on Gingerbread (API 10), could probably be made to work on Froyo (they used to, but since all my friends migrated to GB I can't say if it is still working)
- Low end machines supported, working fluently on HTC Touch Pro2 (and that's a 528 Mhz CPU!). OK, not enough memory to display covers, but still usable.
- Sleep timer
- Voice commands
- Remote control via web interface
- Probably a lot more bits and pieces I forgot - all this in one bundle!
It is a fork of the original subsonic android client and adds some new enhancements.
Madsonic is a music streaming app (with no ads!). Use it to connect to your own Remote Streaming Server and listen to your music wherever you go! Songs are cached for playback to save your mobile bandwidth and to make them available when you have no Mobile Connection!
In order to use all Features in the Client you must use the Madsonic server. (http://madsonic.org)
The following features have been implemented:
Artist/Album/Songs Display Count Settings
new search suggestion provider,
Use Roboto Thin font (API 16+),
support serverside Lyric API 1.10.2,
support installation on Google TV,
deep App Linking/Redirector,
add Lockscreen Widget,
add Theme Flawless,
add Album Star Button,
add Album Share Button,
Lock screen controls
Better Playlist Support
Better Bluetooth Support
Add/Remove Songs to Playlist
Stuttering playback Fix
Support Gapless playback
Support Drag&Drop on Playlist
Rework Imageloader, better caching
some Theme tweaks
Support up to 10 Server Entries
import Server Settings from XML File
Default Option for Videoplayer intern/extern
small Bug Fixes/Changes from User Reports
new added Songs,
last played Songs,
All Artists View
Genre Artists View
Starred Artists View
Hot Rated List
Starred song support
Starred album support
Alphabetical by artist
Alphabetical by album
Flawless Fullscreen Theme
Light Fullscreen Theme
Pink Fullscreen Theme
Dark Fullscreen Theme
Holo Fullscreen Theme
Red Fullscreen Theme
More Feature will come ...
Control iTunes via Wi-Fi. Choose your favorite artists, genres, albums and playlists as if you're at your PC or Mac. Play music on your computer and AirPlay speakers, and adjust volume with total control. Rate tunes, add to Up Next and more.
• Browse by Artist, Genre, Album, Playlists
• Adjust volume using phone controls
• Select AirPort Express and AppleTV speakers
• Adjust individual AirPlay volumes
• Item menus for advanced options
• Rate tracks and view ratings
• Add tracks to Up Next
• Shuffle, repeat, repeat all
• Stay-connected/Wi-Fi auto-reconnect
• Connect to multiple iTunes
• Start Genius from current track
• Search your iTunes library
• Tablet support
• Home, lock screen widgets
• Pause on phone call (requires phone permission)
• Pro quality, easy to use
See what others are saying: http://hyperfine.com/remoteforitunes/share
Make sure to try our free Trial version before purchasing.
Requires iTunes 10 or 11 for Mac or Windows. Works on Android tablets and phones.
Hyperfine Remote for iTunes works with Bubblesoft AirBubble for streaming audio to your device. It's a great companion to AirSync, TuneSync, iSyncr, DoubleTwist and other sync apps, as well as WinAmp, Slacker, Soundhound and other MP3 player, internet radio and recognition or lyrics apps.
For users already remoting a PC, Hyperfine Remote for iTunes is tested to work alongside TeamViewer, PocketCloud, Gmote, Unified, Sonos, Roku and other RDP, DACP, UPnP, media and desktop remotes; and on Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Asus, LG and other popular smartphones and tablets.
Buy the best, most reliable and compatible iTunes remote available for Android today, and start enjoying music all over again.
Note that application features, user-interface and appearance vary with device's Android version. Android version 4.0.3+ shown.
iTunes, AirPort, AirPlay and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
• Visualizes whatever music or sound is coming from any other app.
• Dramatically displays artist name and track name for most popular music players.
• Extensive color and shape options to tweak
• Save your settings as themes, and use the included Tasker / Locale plugin to load any of your saved themes in response to almost anything you can imagine.
• Glistening particles keep the screen alive with motion even when music isn't playing (can be turned off)
• Shortcut button to link to your favorite music player, as well as built-in play/pause/last/next controls for whichever music player app is running.
NOTE FOR GALAXY OWNERS: If it doesn't react to music, see the free app, Tunnel Blocker.
NOTE FOR NEXUS OWNERS: On some devices, mostly Nexus brand, audio from OpenSL-based players won't visualize. These include but are not limited to: Poweramp, jetAudio, WinAmp, PlayerPro with DSP pack installed, Rocket Player Premium, GoneMad, and Neutron. If you run into this problem, I apologize! Please email me and I will refund you.
Audio from any app will be displayed, but only the following are known to also show meta data. Additionally, more may work if they have an option to turn on scrobbling. Email me if you'd like to see meta data from an app that isn't supported yet. Unforunately, this is not yet possible with iHeartRadio or DoubleTwist.
• Google Music
• The built-in HTC and Samsung music players
• Amazon MP3
• MIUI player
• Real Player
• PowerAmp (must enable scrobbling via Simple Last.fm in settings)
• GoneMAD (must enable scrobbling via Simple Last.fm or ScrobbleDroid in settings)
• BubbleUPnP (must enable scrobbling via Simple Last.fm and have Simple Last.fm Scrobbler installed)
• Rocket Music Player (must enable scrobbling via Simple Last.fm, not Official Last.fm)
• Any media players that support Simple Last.fm Scrobbler or ScrobbleDroid.
• The built-in pre-Ice-Cream-Sandwich SonyEricsson music player
★ "The Cure for iTunes withdrawal" - New York Times ★
★ Number one app in Newsweek's Top 10 Android apps for 2011 ★
Sync Without Wires! doubleTwist AirSync™ brings you wireless iTunes sync for music, photos and DRM-free videos with your Mac or PC over your home WiFi network.
Forget your iPod! Use in conjunction with the free doubleTwist Sync desktop app to automatically import iTunes and sync music, playlists, ratings or playcounts from your iTunes library.
AirSync and AirPlay for Android features include:
iTunes sync for your music library:
♬ Securely pair your Android device for iTunes sync with your Mac or PC.
♬ Sync iTunes music to Android from your PC or Mac over WiFi.
♬ Sync and automatically import MP3 purchases & downloads from Android back to your Mac or PC.
♬ Sync iTunes playcounts, playlists & ratings back to your computer, even after you create or modify them on Android (reverse-sync with iTunes is currently Windows-only.)
AirPlay on Android and MagicPlay for wireless speakers:
♬ AirPlay from Android to WiFi speakers and receivers such as Zeppelin Air, Bose and Yamaha (requires Android 4.1 or higher.)
♬ AirTunes support for older Apple devices such as Airport Express.
♬ AirPlay music and DRM-free video to Apple TV (black model).
♬ Play music, videos and photos to the Xbox 360, PS3 and Sonos with AirSync's DLNA/UPnP feature.
Sync DRM-free video files:
♬ Sync and automatic, wireless import of photos and videos from Android to your PC.
doubleTwist AirSync is an upgrade to the free doubleTwist Music Player, unlocking AirPlay, AirTunes and iTunes-sync. If you have previously purchased doubleTwist Pro you do not need to buy AirSync again as it is automatically unlocked for doubleTwist Pro users.
Instructions: The free doubleTwist desktop app requires MacOS X 10.5 or higher on your Mac, or WinXP SP2/Vista/Windows 7 or above on your PC. Once you install doubleTwist Sync on your Mac or PC, it will scan and import your iTunes and/or Windows Media Player library. It will also scan your Music folder for any additional music files. You don't need to be an iTunes user to sync MP3s and other music files using AirSync, although some features, such as playlist-sync, are optimized for iTunes.
Join our Community:
Get tips and ask questions about AirPlay, AirTunes and iTunes sync on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/114410062688956839568
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/doubletwist
Need Help about how to AirPlay on Android or iTunes-sync? Visit http://doubletwist.com/help/
doubleTwist has been described by numerous journalists and bloggers as the "iTunes for Android". AirSync helps you AirPlay music (AirTunes) or transition to Android from an iPod or iPhone by transferring and syncing iTunes music, playlists, ratings and more!
Download AirSync and free your iTunes by playing and syncing music to your Android without arbitrary restrictions and pump up the bass on your speakers using AirPlay.
iTunes and AirPlay are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
More from developer
Ubuntu One gives you 5GB of free storage for all your files, photos and music, watch as they magically appear on all your devices. Ubuntu One works on Windows, iOS, Android, Ubuntu and via the web.
Auto upload - any photo you take will appear online and on all your devices, the instant you take it. The U1 Files app also automatically uploads images from other photo apps you use, so if you’re into Instagram, it will automatically upload all those cool images to your Ubuntu One personal cloud, making them available on all your devices.
Share easily with family, friends and colleagues. Link to Facebook, Twitter, Google and other networks.
* Auto-uploads photos to your Ubuntu One personal cloud
* Auto-uploads images from other photo apps
* Easy links for sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Google and other networks
* Browse, select and download files and folders
* Upload and share files from your phone
* Custom settings:
- Auto Upload only when charging
- Auto Upload also when roaming
- Selective gallery Auto Upload
- Cancelling uploads and downloads
An Ubuntu One Free account is needed - includes 5GB of storage for free. https://one.ubuntu.com
Need help? https://one.ubuntu.com/help/
If you can't sign in, please make sure your time zone and date & time are correct in your device settings. It is best to set them to Automatic.
To help us improve our service we need to track and report data from this app just like the websites do. We care about your privacy so this is anonymous and no sensitive data will ever be collected.
If you need help or want to report a problem please use the
Menu > Settings > 'Send feedback' option to contact us. We have no option to reply to your reviews on Google Play.