This tool can scan for surrounding visible bluetooth devices. It shows the device type, supported services and the signal strength. It can also be used to locate a device based on the signal strength. Devices like Headsets are usually only visible during the pairing phase. Thus you might not be able to track your lost headset even if it is still connected.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Devices with Android below 4.3 can not be supported by the new features. You will receive the last working version before the changes. Any other device with Android 4.3 or higher will receive the new features like new UI and LE scanning. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the last updates. ***
- Support for Bluetooth LE scanning (including LE attributes and characterstics)
- Database support. All scanned devices are now stored in a database and can be reviewed. Stored data includes the time a device is first seen and when it was last seen.
- List currently paired devices
- Scan for visible devices
- Shows Device Name, BDADDR (like MAC), Class of Device, Vendor and Signal Strength
- Query SDP services from devices
- Query Bluetooth LE attributes and characteristics
- Pair / Unpair to devices
The Database can be exported to a csv file on the external storage. Filename is: btcrawler-.csv
The csv has the following order: Device Name, Device Address, Class of Device, Pairing Status, Last Signal Strength, First Time Seen, Last Time Seen, Vendor.
The Database can also be wiped. For both functions hit the menu button.
Over the time I will add more features as I find more ways to mangle the API a bit more.
(People call btCrawler often also: BluetoothScanner, Bluetooth Scanner, Bluetooth Sniffer, BluetoothSniffer, Bluetooth Wardriving, Bluetooth Diagnostic, Bluetooth Tool)
Act responsible like a hacker, not like a cracker or skiddie!
Graphics from http://www.clker.com/ Mainly from OCAL, thanks!
This supports the earthping.com project - crowdsourced Bluetooth database. Users are also reporting usage to find their lost Bluetooth devices.
Scan data can be downloaded via email in JSON format. Also, this version uploads the found devices to a web database, which can be turned off in menu --> settings. Bluetooth 4.0 devices will be able to scan in Classic or Low Energy mode. Devices without Bluetooth 4.0 can scan in Classic mode only.
This is part of a research project into the extent that Bluetooth devices are used in the buildout of the Internet-of-things. Currently this supports Bluetooth Classic and 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE). The latest Nexus phones & tablets support BLE and Jelly Bean 4.3.
This app is oriented toward those curious about the extent of the Bluetooth devices in and around their neighborhood - drive through your neighborhood while scanning for Bluetooth devices and you'll see sensors, firetucks, freeway monitors, car brands, laptops, phones, TV set-top boxes, etc.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. That includes bugs, feature requests, sending of some scan data sets would be appreciated (email@example.com) and/or any comments about interesting Bluetooth devices you are seeing.
Many Thanks, John
I allows you to scan and obtain information about Low Energy Bluetooth Devices in your vicinity.
The library allows for easy access to a Bluetooth LE device's Advertisement Records.
It also offers:
* A simple running average RSSI reading keeping.
* For iBeacons: Manufacturer data record parser.
* For iBeacons: Distance indicators (Near, Far, Immediate, Unknown).
* For iBeacons: A decently inaccurate (due to real world issues) distance approximation.
* All the new object types are Parcelable.
This will only work on Android 4.3 (API Level 18).
Github Link: https://github.com/alt236/Bluetooth-LE-Library---Android
A great usable utility when doing development for Bluetooth Low Energy.
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Scanner app is to build a tool to discover, explore and interact with the services and characteristics in the remote BLE SmartDevices around. It could be used as a reference for BLE central apps as well as a useful tool to test the Bluetooth communication.
Main Functionality BLE Scanner
# Explore BLE device nearby.
# Getting live Receiver's Signal Strength (RSSI).
# Explore BLE Services and Characteristics.
# Cover all SIG approval known Services and Characteristics.
# Read, Write and notify Characteristics.
# Characteristics update about permissions,format type and properties.
This app is special for Developer use & only for BLE base smart device scan.
## UPDATE v2.0 ##
# Sorting devices by Name,MacAddress,RSSI,Bonding Type, Device Type.
# Update device type & Bonding type.
Peripheral name should not be null.
This app is specially recomend by Fitbit users. There is a Pro version available without ads and new features as one device selection.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To work properly it is necessary to turn on the Bluetooth in discovery mode. PAIRED DEVICES AS HEADSETS WILL NOT BE FOUND.
Be constructive please :), if this app does not work on your device, instead of negative rating, send me a email with the device model and problem description in order to solve it.
Scan to find Bluetooth devices.
Attach each device with one of your contacts. Easy access to their stored data.
Manage the list of devices as your will: sort them, filter them by type, by name, find whichever you want...
Share your favorite pictures or music with your contacts. You can even share your own contacts via Bluetooth, expand your friends network!
Real time monitoring of device broadcast signals, see them vary!
- Scan. Search for devices until you stop or the maximum configured scanning time is reached.
- If you exit the application when scanning you can quickly return through the notifications menu.
- New devices found will be added to the list. Lost devices will stay until you delete them.
- Turn the communication via Bluetooth on and off whenever you want.
- Setup or change your device's name.
- Make yourself visible as long as you decide to configure so other devices can find you. Note: your device can have maximum limit.
Attach devices to your contacts:
- You can attach or detach a device to a contact anytime you want.
- Easy access to the information stored in your phone for that contact.
Manage the devices list:
- Sort devices by power signal, name, etc.
- Show only devices that are contacts, are available, etc.
- Show only mobile devices, PCs, etc.
- Search for devices by name or by the name of their attached contact.
Share your personal files with any Bluetooth device (only in experimental mode):
- Pair your devices previously or do it momentarily to share the information.
- Share video, audio or pictures. Even share your own contacts with another device.
Monitorize any device:
- If the device is visible via Bluetooth, you can watch how its power signal varies through time while you scan.
Bluetooth on demand:
- Use the application with Bluetooth communication disabled if you are not going to use any operation that requires it.
- Bluetooth communication will activate when the application starts only if you configure it so, otherwise it will be enabled whenever an action that needs it is performed.
- Timers to show the remaining time of scanning or the remaining time of the device being visible.
- Legend of the icons in the application.
Show device name, mac address, power signal dBm.
Includes simple widget for home screen. Add it by long press on the desktop screen.
-tap on bottom - turning on / turning off
-tap on top - opens scanner.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when on a call.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when the phone is charging.
Keywords: bluetooth bt mobile data 2g 3g 4g lte cdma
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
With this app you can let your device automatically establish bluetooths connection when bluetooth is enabled. It also acts as a Tasker / Locale / LLama Plugin to better cover all your special needs (Connect only if Wifi is disabled). It also supports disconnecting in this mode.
If you use this for tethering, our other App may be useful for you. It must be installed on the device that acts as a internet gateway. The Auto Connect App must be installed on the device where you don't have a regular internet connection (e.g. WIFI only tablet). For instance if you have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 Tablet. Auto Tether goes to the Phone and Bluetooth Auto Connect runs on the tablet.
With Version 0.6 we improved compatibility especiallay with A2DP devices. If you still have compatibility issues you can help us getting an overview about what works and what not by filling out this form:
For Galaxy Tab Plus (P6210) users with Android 3.2:
It seems that this app can't connect to other devices because of samsungs own auto connect feature. Users told us that it works with experimental Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich firmware!
Bluetooth Detection is an add-on app for Tasker or Locale that lets you set conditions based on connected or nearby Bluetooth devices.
If you want to try before you buy, now there's a free trial version that you can use without limits for 30 days. If you want to test the functionality before you buy, try it out and see!
Please note: this is a plug-in. You MUST have either Locale or Tasker installed for this to work. It is built as a plug-in for either of these, and will never function on its own. If you don't understand what Locale or Tasker are, then please do not install this plug-in.
When you use Bluetooth Detection within Tasker or Locale, you can create a profile that lets you act upon Bluetooth connections or nearby devices. For example, you can use Locale to start playing music when a connection is made to your car's Bluetooth audio profile, or enable work mode when near your work laptop.
Tasker users might ask, "So what makes this different from the native functionality in Tasker?" The answer is mainly "ease of use" - not everyone wants to type in a MAC ID :). But there are also some features that I think are unique. Some examples: you can select class of device, so that (for instance) any A2DP connection triggers a task, or you can specify that you only care about a connection to your car's BT when it's the Hands-Free profile. You can also set a delay on unsetting the condition, and all of this is done in a very user-friendly interface. And you also get a local Tasker Variable with the name of the last connected device.
Note for Tasker Users: Once installed, you can find Bluetooth Detection by going to Profiles, and adding a "State" condition. Within the pop-up that appears, you will see a button labeled "Plugin." Tap that, and you will see "Bluetooth Detection."
* Incoming call
* Outgoing call
* Phone charging
* On a Timer (e.g. Every 3, 5, 10 or 15 mins)
* Miracast disconnected
It will then turn off Bluetooth based on your settings:
* When the call ends
* When the Bluetooth connection is lost
* Do not disable Bluetooth
* Miracast connected
Also included is the ability to auto answer call and specify specific Bluetooth devices to speed up connection
Lollipop users please note that its not possible for this app or any 3rd party app to auto answer phone calls. Only Google's apps can do this.
This app is particularly useful for when driving a car where you have forgotten to turn on Bluetooth for your in-car connection.
It will also save your battery as you don't need to keep your Bluetooth on all the time.
How to use Bluetooth Pair? Simple, make sure your Android device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles (A2DP or/and HSHFP), go to "Bluetooth Settings" ("Settings" -> "Wireless & networks" -> "Bluetooth Setting" or "Settings" -> "Bluetooth"). Pair with the desired device (a car audio system for example) and make sure you can enable or disable the Bluetooth profiles. The way this is done varies from device to device, see your owners manual.
Ok, so you can handle at least one Bluetooth profile and your Android device is configured and working to pair with your desired Bluetooth device. Now do a long touch on your home screen to choose the widget and then select Bluetooth Pair, select a Bluetooth Profile, select a paired Bluetooth device and that's it. An icon with the name of your device will appear on the home screen. When the profile is turned on the icon will be colorful otherwise black & white. Toggle on/off the Bluetooth profile by touching on the widget. You can have many Bluetooth Pair widgets on your home screen.
- Make sure your device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles.
- Some devices may require at least once a PIN number to get paired, when that happens an input PIN screen will appear.
- The widget has been tested on Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich using phones from Samsung, Sony and Motorola.
In case of bugs, questions or requests please send me an e-mail.
It is intended to be used with hardware keyboards (i.e. bluetooth keyboards), to stop the software keyboard from opening and taking away half of the screen.
Additionally it improves system performance as it frees up resources that would normaly be used by a software keyboard (layout, dictionarys etc.).
This app is a 'must-have' for people who regularly use an extra keyboard with their android tablet. While they cannot uninstall the system keyboards, they can unload them from system memory by choosing Null Keyboard as current keyboard.
A widget is included to allow easy switching between Null Keyboard and others.
This is not a driver and will not make your bluetooth keyboard work and neither will it break anything. Don't complain that it doesnt make your bluetooth keyboard work, because that is not its purpose.
Just launch this app and it will quickly switch your Bluetooth mode and close itself.
Save battery life & block hackers.
If you already have Bluetooth on, launching this app will switch it off. If off, launching this app turns it on.
1. Bluetooth Radar View
2. Firewall Alerts
3. Perform Bluetooth scan of your android device
4. Logs all Bluetooth events.
5. Password protect the firewall and it's sensitive data.
6. Option to make chosen remote devices as trusted.
Alerts you when:
1. Local apps try to perform bluetooth actions.
2. Remote bluetooth devices connects/pairs with your device.
3. App with bluetooth capabilities is installed/updated
To get started , install the app ,open it and then exit the app. Firewall will run in the background and guard your device.
Detailed Help included in App.
More Questions? mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org