This tool can scan for surrounding visible bluetooth devices. It shows the device type, supported services and the signal strength. It can also be used to locate a device based on the signal strength. Devices like Headsets are usually only visible during the pairing phase. Thus you might not be able to track your lost headset even if it is still connected.
- Database support. All scanned devices are now stored in a database and can be reviewed. Stored data includes the time a device is first seen and when it was last seen.
- List currently paired devices
- Scan for visible devices
- Shows Device Name, BDADDR (like MAC), Class of Device, Vendor and Signal Strength
- Query SDP services from devices
- Pair / Unpair to devices
The Database can be exported to a csv file on the external storage. Filename is: btcrawler-.csv
The csv has the following order: Device Name, Device Address, Class of Device, Pairing Status, Last Signal Strength, First Time Seen, Last Time Seen, Vendor.
The Database can also be wiped. For both functions hit the menu button.
Over the time I will add more features as I find more ways to mangle the API a bit more.
(People call btCrawler often also: BluetoothScanner, Bluetooth Scanner, Bluetooth Sniffer, BluetoothSniffer, Bluetooth Wardriving, Bluetooth Diagnostic, Bluetooth Tool)
Act responsible like a hacker, not like a cracker or skiddie!
Graphics from http://www.clker.com/ Mainly from OCAL, thanks!
This supports the earthping.com project - crowdsourced Bluetooth database. Users are also reporting usage to find their lost Bluetooth devices.
Scan data can be downloaded via email in JSON format. Also, this version uploads the found devices to a web database, which can be turned off in menu --> settings. Bluetooth 4.0 devices will be able to scan in Classic or Low Energy mode. Devices without Bluetooth 4.0 can scan in Classic mode only.
This is part of a research project into the extent that Bluetooth devices are used in the buildout of the Internet-of-things. Currently this supports Bluetooth Classic and 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE). The latest Nexus phones & tablets support BLE and Jelly Bean 4.3.
This app is oriented toward those curious about the extent of the Bluetooth devices in and around their neighborhood - drive through your neighborhood while scanning for Bluetooth devices and you'll see sensors, firetucks, freeway monitors, car brands, laptops, phones, TV set-top boxes, etc.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. That includes bugs, feature requests, sending of some scan data sets would be appreciated (email@example.com) and/or any comments about interesting Bluetooth devices you are seeing.
Many Thanks, John
If you found a bug or have a suggestion on how to improve the app - feel free to e-mail to the developer.
Q. How to start using the app?
A. Open. Add some new groups. Start Bluetooth discovery scan. Go inside Unknown group and long press on newly discovered device to move to the desired group. Once you are familiar with the navigation, go to Settings to set filtering and discovery alert options. You can long press on the group to enable or disable discovery alert.
Q. Does it scan continuously?
A. Yes, but there is a Bluetooth discovery cycle. For the details refer to the status line.
Q. Does it drain battery?
A. Yes, Bluetooth discovery is a power consuming operation.
Q. Does the app contain annoying ads?
A. No. It is absolutely ads free.
This app works as Bluetooth scanner, Bluetooth tool or Bluetooth device search.
Alerts are displayed when:
1. Local apps try to perform bluetooth actions.
2. Remote bluetooth devices connects/pairs with your device.
3. App with bluetooth capabilities is installed/updated
1. Perform bluetooth scan of your android device
2. Option to make chosen remote devices as trusted.
3. Logs all bluetooth events.
4. Password protect the firewall and it's sensitive data.
The default firewall configuration will alert on all events and ask for user approval. This can be changed easily by un-checking whatever alerts are not required.
All you need to do to get started is install the app , tap on the icon to open it and then exit the app. Firewall will run in the background and monitor all bluetooth activities.
Please go through the help instructions whenever required.
Help us serve you better by contacting us if you have any questions, suggestions or issues.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on Twitter
KW: bluetooth firewall bluetooth security bluetooth hacking hack hacker protect privacy protection secure guard safety bluetooth scan android droid
Market may require internet after 2 days to permanently unlock Bluetooth GPS.
Must have Bluetooth GPS version 1.05c or newer installed.
Email for support, comments ignored - sorry.
NEW: A2DP Keepalive Support. Your A2DP speakers/receiver go to sleep when not playing music, but being connected? The next usage is going weird? With A2DP support you can prohibit your A2DP speakers/receiver from going to standby. Speakers will give a regular sound to prevent standby mode.
The Google+ Productsite for Bluetooth Keepalive: https://plus.google.com/b/105973144146249181536/105973144146249181536/posts
There you'll find surveys and can give feedback.
Before you buy, please check on this website, if BTKA can really help you:
BTKA does not need "root" - only the rights requested by the Market.
After installation start BTKA manually. It registers with Android™ and will from now on start automatically whenever you restart your Android™. After starting the app there is a "Configuration" button (visible for 2 seconds), with that you can change the configuration settings for notifications and the starting-behaviour of BTKA. For hints on how to configure BTKA correctly see the check page above.
In case of a failure please see the english section on this site: http://www.bluetooth-keepalive.com/support.php
Legal notice/imprint: http://floodping.org/impressum/
All prices quoted are final. Due to §19 UStG we do not charge sales tax.
Just launch this app and it will quickly switch your Bluetooth mode and close itself.
Save battery life & block hackers.
If you already have Bluetooth on, launching this app will switch it off. If off, launching this app turns it on.
note: To route music to a mono headset use any media player Besides the android default "media player".
Great free simple tool to manage your remote bluetooth devices and to play music to any audio bluetooth device (mono headset , mono handsfree).
Supports all bulid in bluetooth settings functionality and far more.
Play music to mono devices:
Listen to music on mono headset or on a car handsfree.
You just need to connect the device via the manager and enable\disable the audio feature checkbox.
Manage remote bluetooth devices:
- Display a list view contains all the pairing devices.
- Scan for new devices.
- Pair new device.
- Set your own description to each device.
- Connect\Disconnect from device.
- Display connection state of each device.
- Send sound notification when device was connected.
- Delete device from your phone.
- Clear all unpair devices.
Filter by device type:
- Sort devices by type.
- Sort by last connected and by connections history for each type.
Manage your local bluetooth device:
- Edit your local device name.
- Discover your device to others.
- Shortcut to phone dial screen.
- Shortcut to phone bluetooth settings screen.
- Share appliction market link to others.
- Exit the program.
- Disable bluetooth and exit the program.
It is intended to be used with hardware keyboards (i.e. bluetooth keyboards), to stop the software keyboard from opening and taking away half of the screen.
Additionally it improves system performance as it frees up resources that would normaly be used by a software keyboard (layout, dictionarys etc.).
This app is a 'must-have' for people who regularly use an extra keyboard with their android tablet. While they cannot uninstall the system keyboards, they can unload them from system memory by choosing Null Keyboard as current keyboard.
A widget is included to allow easy switching between Null Keyboard and others.
This is not a driver and will not make your bluetooth keyboard work and neither will it break anything. Don't complain that it doesnt make your bluetooth keyboard work, because that is not its purpose.
The sole purpose of this App is to prevent Bluetooth Audio Devices, such as speakers, from turning off when no audio is playing. For example if you have a Bluetooth speaker that you always want to be on and connected, but the speaker turns it self off after a certain amount of time this program should stop that auto turn off. Additionally Tasker plug-in support has been included to allow for automated turning on and off of this service.
Simply make sure the Bluetooth Audio Device is paired & connected to your Bluetooth equipped Android device and activate the Bluetooth Keep Alive by opening the app and pressing the toggle button. Your audio device should not auto-turn off now as long as you are within range of them and the Bluetooth connection remains active. This is mainly useful for alarm clocks / Bluetooth docks, or Bluetooth speakers.
Also this program has been used to prevent Goggle Maps Navigation audio cues from being cut off during navigation. This was accomplished by using a short time delay like .1-.08 minutes.
How to use Bluetooth Pair? Simple, make sure your Android device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles (A2DP or/and HSHFP), go to "Bluetooth Settings" ("Settings" -> "Wireless & networks" -> "Bluetooth Setting" or "Settings" -> "Bluetooth"). Pair with the desired device (a car audio system for example) and make sure you can enable or disable the Bluetooth profiles. The way this is done varies from device to device, see your owners manual.
Ok, so you can handle at least one Bluetooth profile and your Android device is configured and working to pair with your desired Bluetooth device. Now do a long touch on your home screen to choose the widget and then select Bluetooth Pair, select a Bluetooth Profile, select a paired Bluetooth device and that's it. An icon with the name of your device will appear on the home screen. When the profile is turned on the icon will be colorful otherwise black & white. Toggle on/off the Bluetooth profile by touching on the widget. You can have many Bluetooth Pair widgets on your home screen.
- Make sure your device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles.
- Some devices may require at least once a PIN number to get paired, when that happens an input PIN screen will appear.
- The widget has been tested on Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich using phones from Samsung, Sony and Motorola.
In case of bugs, questions or requests please send me an e-mail.
Use this app to save your Battery!
App works with Android 2.0 and greater.
This app does not connect to bluetooth devices.
It just handles the phone bluetooth state (On/Off).
When connecting to bluetooth devices is needed download TRIAL version please.
Main bluetooth features:
- Sound notification when one of your assigned bluetooth devices connects or disconnects
- Enable bluetooth on incomming or outgoing calls
- Automatically open android bluetooth settings
- Disable bluetooth automatically after calls
- Temporarely disable bluetooth on wired headset plugged in
- Enable or disable bluetooth with external power supply
- Assign bluetooth devices to listen for disconnect events
(Phone bluetooth will be turned off on disconnect)
- Enable or disable phone bluetooth in app
- Disable service notification
- Autostart service on phone start
- Bluetooth device connection timer
(disable bluetooth when no device has connected during timer)
- Battery saving bluetooth device scanning
(Periodically scan for your assigned bluetooth devices)
- Delay shut down of bluetooth
(will be canceled when one of your assigned devices connects during delay)
Use 1x1 widget to start or stop service
Use 2x2 widget to start or stop service and open the app
Enables bluetooth and opens your contacts in one step
If you like this app, please take a few seconds to rate it or become a fan on facebook to share it with your friends, get latest infos, have a look at a detailed description or just discuss the app!
- Easy control between Android devices!
You’ve got a Tablet? Then, this is your must-have app!
Do you have two Android devices?
I'm connecting tablet to speaker. in bed, Smartphone control the music from tablet.
Next song, Prev song, and adjust volume:)
When you have to disconnect the phone tethering for a Tablet if it’s not being in use, isn’t it annoying?
You’ve got a Kakao talk message, but is your phone in the bag?
When take a group picture, place the phone away from a group and take it simply by a phone!
Outdoor, tethering of the tablet to connect to the phone. Abrasive smartphones the battery too quickly.
I turn on the auto-tethering. The tablet's screen is turned off, the phone turns off tethering.
Try to use the tablet's screen is turned on again, the phone is turned on tethering!
Connection via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth remote control, of course, because the battery consumption.
Laying down watching the tablet. Comes with the Facebook message smartphone. I tablet apps to check messages through the Facebook :)
Bluetooth Remote Controller will give you an answer.
- This app is a free version of ‘Bluetooth Remote Controller’
:: Functions in Full version
- Compatible with Android 2.x version (Also compatible with lower-version OS than Light version)
- Remote control function for Music (Play, Pause, Stop, Move to Next/Previous, Volume control)
- Remote control function for Camera (Shoot, Switch over to front/back camera)
- In case of “Find my phone” function, vibration & basic ring mode are unconditionally on.
- Silent Camera/Silent Camcorder function (App can work solely.)
- Automatic tethering function (Phone tethering is off when Tablet screen is off, and Phone tethering is on again when screen is on.)
- Received SMS can be checked through a Tablet.
- Received SNS (Kakao talk, Mypeople, and etc) can be checked through a Tablet
- “Find my phone” function
:: How to use?
- Install the app in two devices that you have.
- Click the option button both in two devices and click "Make Discoverable".
- Click “Connect a device” in one device and choose the other one that you are going to connect through “Scan”.
- With a word “Connected” on the upper right corner, the connection is completed.
- Now, enjoy controlling!
- This app may not work with your device and please check in advance.
- Music is not played? Play the music once and then, the play list will be created and it will work properly.
- If Connect does not work in one device, try it in the other device and it will work properly.
Your rate & review for me like RedBull!