Short url services, like bit.ly, tinyurl.com or goo.gl became more and more popular. They allow the users to make long urls short and post it in SMS, Twitter or other places where character space is very limited. With this tool you will be able to preview the links on Twitter and Facebook posts and many more.
But not all uses of shorturl services are noble. Soon spammers and malicious people started to use short url services to hide spam links, referral ids or urls to malicious websites, which may infect the users computer with backdoors, viruses or keyloggers. It's completely free (ad-free too).
This App will allow you to preview the target of a shortened URL like bit.ly and reduce the risk of following malicious links.
!!!IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION BELOW!!!
When you click or open a link for the first time after the installation, you will be asked which App should be used to open http/https requests. Select LongUrlExpander.
Whenever you click on a short url, like http://bit.ly/w0RnVi an dialog will popup and show the expanded url (in this example it's https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tseng.longurlexp). You may now choose to open it in the browser he set up (hit "Go!" button) or may choose not top open the link, by hitting the "Back" key on his Android device.
It also protects your privacy, since the short url service will never be able to gather your data (Android Phone, Browser version, IP and other statistics), the url will only be expanded once by the server (so the short url service will only see data from the server, never from the user who expanded the short url) and cached after that.
★ 169 short url services
★ expands cascaded shortened short urls
★ caches once expanded urls locally for quick requery
★ enable/disable of single short url services
★ protects your privacy
★ Skips advertisements on short url services which display url before sending you to the destination
★ Supprted services: bit.ly, tinyurl.com, amzn.to, tr.im, cli.gs, fb.me, is.gd, j.mp, goo.gl, om.ly, ow.ly, ping.fm, post.ly, short.ie, tiny.cc, trg.li, trim.li, tl.gd, ht.ly, dlvr.it, wp.me, xrl.in, xmt.me, nyti.ms, yhoo.it, lnkd.in, goo.gl, ur.ly, zz.gd, tiny.ly, t.co, go.com, aol.it, shar.es, macte.ch, crks.me, kon.gg, adct.me, dd.tt, bbc.in, thebea.st, sbn.to, trendmic.ro, cnet.co, amba.to, apne.ws, scendai.ly, twb.ly, owl.li, tmblr.co, de.tk, newspr.es, abcn.ws, zd.net, ti.me, on.fb.me, on.cnn.com, reut.rs, twb.io, shout.lt, bloom.bg, wp4r.ch, spoti.fi, trib.al, arst.ch, j-tv.me and many more
★ If nothing happens, when you click on an shortend url do:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > _YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER_ > Clear defaults
★ If you have upgraded from 0.3.2 version and get crashes or "duplicate 2-xxxx" messages, do:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Long Url Exp > Clear data
★ Expanding multiple urls at once is not possible
★ Expanding the urls in side of the browser, without the dialog is not possible (Android API limitation)
★ If you click on an short url service and it doesn't gets expanded and doesn't show in the "ShortUrl Service List", send an eMail to the developer. The eMail Link can be found below the description in the Android Market!
Similar Apps: URL Expandroid, Dachshund Url, Short Url Preview
Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
Shorten long URLs and squeeze them into fewer characters to make links easier to share, tweet, or email to friends. Using a shortened goo.gl URL leaves more room to say what's on your mind. For example, http://goo.gl/n7IMF2 is a convenient shorthand representation for the long link https://play.google.com/store/apps.
Access analytics of any short URL, including the raw click counts and their distribution across referrers, browsers, platforms, and geographical locations.
The app also lets you
• Shorten URLs and share them quickly
• Access your history - always synced with goo.gl
• Get colorful analytics reports of any short URL, not just yours
• Android Beam - push a short URL onto another device by tapping the devices together
• Shorten links through "share" in any app and get rich notifications
• Star your favorites
• Generate and share QR codes
Have a bug report or feature request? Please contact me by email or on Google+.
You can help translating this app! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thanks infinitely to all who already contributed: extendwings, BrunoMioto, fedec96, siveZ, johan98, Bigomby, HeinrichReimer, SHURman, keem1, Yari27, echelonx, Froony, aniquewetzels and many others.
This app is in no way affiliated nor endorsed by Google Inc.
It supports a lot of famous services like bit.ly, goo.gl, Dropbox, ImageShack, Yfrog, TwitLonger and many many more (see below for details).
• Support for about 40 different shortening services: goo.gl, bit.ly / j.mp, CloudApp, kcy.me, is.gd, to.ly, tinyurl.com, saf.li, f2.am, smal.ly, ur.ly, su.pr, lnk.by, ux.nu and more.
• User credentials for goo.gl, bit.ly, kcy.me, su.pr and others so that URLs are added to your user's history.
• Shorten with your own Yourls or ShURLy shortener.
• Easily choose and rearrange the services you want to use.
• Custom URL support.
• Page title sharing.
• Shorten long youtube.com URLs to short youtu.be URLs.
• Search for songs and receive a short tinysong.com URL that points to the song at Grooveshark.
• Share shortened URL with other apps: Create a new E-Mail, SMS, Buzz, Tweet, Facebook post, Task, etc. with the shortened URL.
• Password-protect your URLs with din.gy, l4u.in and itshrunk.com.
• Upload photos with URLy via ImageShack, Yfrog, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Imgur (including album support), picplz, Moby, Plixi, Pikchur, Twitrp, Posterous, TwitrPix, TwitRP, FileSocial, min.us, Gallery3.
• Upload videos with Yfrog, ImageShack, Twitpic, Posterous, Pikchur.
• Upload any kind of file with Dropbox, CloudApp, FileSocial, Posterous, TwitDoc, ifile.it or your FTP server (via AndFTP).
• Receive the URL to the uploaded file and forward it to other apps.
• Resize photos before uploading them (saves a lot of bandwidth / upload time).
• Insert forum code for uploaded images (see menu -> insert forum code -> this will wrap you URL into [img] [/img]
• Auto-shorten the file URL with your favourite URL shortening service.
• Use URLy to insert the short URL and file URL into a new message / status update.
• Post it directly to Twitter or any Twitter-compatible service like identi.ca, shoutem.com or twitter-api.wordpress.com or forward it to other apps like TweetDeck.
• Shorten messages with TwitLonger.
• Insert special UTF-8 characters into the message.
• Send messages via Twitter API proxy if you can't perform the Twitter OAuth due to firewall restrictions.
Twigee & Twicca plug-in:
• Shorten all URLs of the currently composed tweet using your favorite shortening service or Yourls server via URLy without leaving Twigee or Twicca.
• Use URLy as a media uploader.
• Reply to a tweet in Twicca: Select a tweet, press "Reply with URLy" and a new Tweet can be composed in URLy. After sending it, URLy will close so that you're back in Twicca.
Please visit my blog or follow me on Twitter / Facebook for further information. I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. If you have a suggestion / request / problem please send me an eMail. I can't investigate / elaborate it further if it is just a market comment.
- See who's nearby in your city! You never know who you'll meet next.
- Create, find, and join local Groups based on your interests and location.
- Share photos and the things you love with friends old and new.
- Your app, your way. Express yourself with pictures, animated stickers, and even voice and video!
Want to know more? Visit us at http://linkmessenger.com/?tag=blog&sys=android
* Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLinkMessenger
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/link_messenger
Got questions? Need help? Check out our FAQ at http://linkmessenger.com
ACARS Decoder lets you view ACARS transmissions on your android device. Just connect it to a VHF radio (or even set it next to the radio's speaker), tune in an ACARS frequency, and watch the decodes.
Decodes can be automatically saved to an acars.txt file on your device's SD card or other memory by enabling the Log button.
Leave the radio's squelch open so you have static all the time, and tune to one of the ACARS frequencies:
131.725 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Europe
131.525 MHz ACARS Tertiary channel for Europe
136.900 MHz ACARS Channel logged near London
131.550 MHz ACARS Primary channel for North America
130.025 MHz ACARS Secondary channel for North America
129.125 MHz ACARS Tertiary channel for North America
131.475 MHz Company channel for Air Canada and some European airlines in North America
131.125 MHz ACARS channel local to ORD so far
131.550 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Asia/Pacific
131.450 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Japan
130.450 MHz Overflow ACARS channel in use in the Washington, Boston, Chicago, and DFW areas
Buy your copy right now, and start decoding and displaying ACARS transmissions in minutes.
● goo.gl history and analytics support
● Advanced analytics with charts (Countries, Browsers, Platforms, Referrers)
● Customizable analytics interval (All time, Month, Week, Day, Two hours)
● Shorten through share menu
● Auto copy to clipboard
● Auto paste from clipboard
● QR Code
● Card UI
● Ads free
● find accounts on the device
● use accounts on the device
Used to retrive Google account and log into goo.gl.
● modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
● test access to protected storage
Used to save and share QR code.
● full network access
Used to communicate with goo.gl servers for shorten url and get analytics.
● view network connections
Used to detect when internet access is available.
You can also connect/disconnect to any network you want by simply tapping on it.
Note: Please note that this app will only show you available networks if there is any. It doesn't connect to secured network. It takes care of only open wifi networks in your area.
●Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.1)
●Xperia SX (Android 4.0)
●HTC J (Android 4.0)
●HTC Desire (Android 2.2)
※一部機種の本体電話帳にも対応していますが、主に Google/Exchange アカウントでの利用を想定しています。