Short url services, like bit.ly, tinyurl.com or goo.gl became more and more popular. They allow the users to make long urls short and post it in SMS, Twitter or other places where character space is very limited. With this tool you will be able to preview the links on Twitter and Facebook posts and many more.
But not all uses of shorturl services are noble. Soon spammers and malicious people started to use short url services to hide spam links, referral ids or urls to malicious websites, which may infect the users computer with backdoors, viruses or keyloggers. It's completely free (ad-free too).
This App will allow you to preview the target of a shortened URL like bit.ly and reduce the risk of following malicious links.
!!!IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION BELOW!!!
When you click or open a link for the first time after the installation, you will be asked which App should be used to open http/https requests. Select LongUrlExpander.
Whenever you click on a short url, like http://bit.ly/w0RnVi an dialog will popup and show the expanded url (in this example it's https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tseng.longurlexp). You may now choose to open it in the browser he set up (hit "Go!" button) or may choose not top open the link, by hitting the "Back" key on his Android device.
It also protects your privacy, since the short url service will never be able to gather your data (Android Phone, Browser version, IP and other statistics), the url will only be expanded once by the server (so the short url service will only see data from the server, never from the user who expanded the short url) and cached after that.
★ 169 short url services
★ expands cascaded shortened short urls
★ caches once expanded urls locally for quick requery
★ enable/disable of single short url services
★ protects your privacy
★ Skips advertisements on short url services which display url before sending you to the destination
★ Supprted services: bit.ly, tinyurl.com, amzn.to, tr.im, cli.gs, fb.me, is.gd, j.mp, goo.gl, om.ly, ow.ly, ping.fm, post.ly, short.ie, tiny.cc, trg.li, trim.li, tl.gd, ht.ly, dlvr.it, wp.me, xrl.in, xmt.me, nyti.ms, yhoo.it, lnkd.in, goo.gl, ur.ly, zz.gd, tiny.ly, t.co, go.com, aol.it, shar.es, macte.ch, crks.me, kon.gg, adct.me, dd.tt, bbc.in, thebea.st, sbn.to, trendmic.ro, cnet.co, amba.to, apne.ws, scendai.ly, twb.ly, owl.li, tmblr.co, de.tk, newspr.es, abcn.ws, zd.net, ti.me, on.fb.me, on.cnn.com, reut.rs, twb.io, shout.lt, bloom.bg, wp4r.ch, spoti.fi, trib.al, arst.ch, j-tv.me and many more
★ If nothing happens, when you click on an shortend url do:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > _YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER_ > Clear defaults
★ If you have upgraded from 0.3.2 version and get crashes or "duplicate 2-xxxx" messages, do:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Long Url Exp > Clear data
★ Expanding multiple urls at once is not possible
★ Expanding the urls in side of the browser, without the dialog is not possible (Android API limitation)
★ If you click on an short url service and it doesn't gets expanded and doesn't show in the "ShortUrl Service List", send an eMail to the developer. The eMail Link can be found below the description in the Android Market!
Similar Apps: URL Expandroid, Dachshund Url, Short Url Preview
Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
Shorten long URLs and squeeze them into fewer characters to make links easier to share, tweet, or email to friends. Using a shortened goo.gl URL leaves more room to say what's on your mind. For example, http://goo.gl/n7IMF2 is a convenient shorthand representation for the long link https://play.google.com/store/apps.
Access analytics of any short URL, including the raw click counts and their distribution across referrers, browsers, platforms, and geographical locations.
The app also lets you
• Shorten URLs and share them quickly
• Access your history - always synced with goo.gl
• Get colorful analytics reports of any short URL, not just yours
• Android Beam - push a short URL onto another device by tapping the devices together
• Shorten links through "share" in any app and get rich notifications
• Star your favorites
• Generate and share QR codes
Have a bug report or feature request? Please contact me by email or on Google+.
You can help translating this app! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thanks infinitely to all who already contributed: extendwings, BrunoMioto, fedec96, siveZ, johan98, Bigomby, HeinrichReimer, SHURman, keem1, Yari27, echelonx, Froony, aniquewetzels and many others.
This app is in no way affiliated nor endorsed by Google Inc.
It supports a lot of famous services like bit.ly, goo.gl, Dropbox, ImageShack, Yfrog, TwitLonger and many many more (see below for details).
• Support for about 40 different shortening services: goo.gl, bit.ly / j.mp, CloudApp, kcy.me, is.gd, to.ly, tinyurl.com, saf.li, f2.am, smal.ly, ur.ly, su.pr, lnk.by, ux.nu and more.
• User credentials for goo.gl, bit.ly, kcy.me, su.pr and others so that URLs are added to your user's history.
• Shorten with your own Yourls or ShURLy shortener.
• Easily choose and rearrange the services you want to use.
• Custom URL support.
• Page title sharing.
• Shorten long youtube.com URLs to short youtu.be URLs.
• Search for songs and receive a short tinysong.com URL that points to the song at Grooveshark.
• Share shortened URL with other apps: Create a new E-Mail, SMS, Buzz, Tweet, Facebook post, Task, etc. with the shortened URL.
• Password-protect your URLs with din.gy, l4u.in and itshrunk.com.
• Upload photos with URLy via ImageShack, Yfrog, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Imgur (including album support), picplz, Moby, Plixi, Pikchur, Twitrp, Posterous, TwitrPix, TwitRP, FileSocial, min.us, Gallery3.
• Upload videos with Yfrog, ImageShack, Twitpic, Posterous, Pikchur.
• Upload any kind of file with Dropbox, CloudApp, FileSocial, Posterous, TwitDoc, ifile.it or your FTP server (via AndFTP).
• Receive the URL to the uploaded file and forward it to other apps.
• Resize photos before uploading them (saves a lot of bandwidth / upload time).
• Insert forum code for uploaded images (see menu -> insert forum code -> this will wrap you URL into [img] [/img]
• Auto-shorten the file URL with your favourite URL shortening service.
• Use URLy to insert the short URL and file URL into a new message / status update.
• Post it directly to Twitter or any Twitter-compatible service like identi.ca, shoutem.com or twitter-api.wordpress.com or forward it to other apps like TweetDeck.
• Shorten messages with TwitLonger.
• Insert special UTF-8 characters into the message.
• Send messages via Twitter API proxy if you can't perform the Twitter OAuth due to firewall restrictions.
Twigee & Twicca plug-in:
• Shorten all URLs of the currently composed tweet using your favorite shortening service or Yourls server via URLy without leaving Twigee or Twicca.
• Use URLy as a media uploader.
• Reply to a tweet in Twicca: Select a tweet, press "Reply with URLy" and a new Tweet can be composed in URLy. After sending it, URLy will close so that you're back in Twicca.
Please visit my blog or follow me on Twitter / Facebook for further information. I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. If you have a suggestion / request / problem please send me an eMail. I can't investigate / elaborate it further if it is just a market comment.
● goo.gl history and analytics support
● Advanced analytics with charts (Countries, Browsers, Platforms, Referrers)
● Customizable analytics interval (All time, Month, Week, Day, Two hours)
● Shorten through share menu
● Auto copy to clipboard
● Auto paste from clipboard
● QR Code
● Card UI
● Ads free
● find accounts on the device
● use accounts on the device
Used to retrive Google account and log into goo.gl.
● modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
● test access to protected storage
Used to save and share QR code.
● full network access
Used to communicate with goo.gl servers for shorten url and get analytics.
● view network connections
Used to detect when internet access is available.
It can create a shortcut without using a bookmark from default browser.
Also this app can receive a text that includes URLs.
How to use:
1. Opens the website which wants to create shortcut by a default browser.
2. Opens this app from Menu→More→Share page→Share via→"Shortcut To URL". URL will be filled automatically.
3. Shortcut will be created on the home by inputting "Name" and pressing "OK" button.
Specifications and Limitations:
* Any protocol will be accepted.
* Creation of shortcut may fail when center of the home screen doesn't have any space.
* "Name" is not filled automatically because a browser will pass to this app only the URL.
Also I don't want to add internet access permission to this app.
Adapt pictures for sharing them via Email or on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Wordpress, Blogger, etc.
# Simple to use, powerful in customization #
- Resize and compress images
- Keep using your favorite Gallery App and select "share with PostPosition", then you can share it with any other App, with your pictures already reduced in size (sometimes up to 100 times smaller!)
- Image reduction algorithm is optimized for the best picture quality and low disk size
- Share your current position with or without images
- Add / remove / modify GPS Geotagging information or Private data inside images
- Keep / remove photo EXIF data or only the GPS EXIF
- Automatic rotation of pictures according to orientation EXIF tag
- Store your location (or choose a fake one) and store it inside the pictures using EXIF or via text
- Share a Google link of your position or an embedded map
- Post to Twitter, Facebook or WordPress also using only Email
- Organize your contacts in groups for quick posting
- Find out and share also the Postal address where you are
- NO ADS!
- Less than 100KB! Optimized code for fast performance and small size
Discover the rest!
Start PostPosition, attach files, post it.
From any other App select "Share with" and choose PostPosition. Add / remove GPS info and resize the images and forward it all to another App.
Select Attach File in any App. Choose PostPosition. Choose Gallery or any other App. Choose how to reduce it.
Start PostPosition, take a quick picture, post it.
You can also simply start PostPosition and send your position to you friends via SMS, gTalk, Mail, Skype, Line, Tango or WhatsApp.
WhatsApp only allows you to share the position where you are currently, but with PostPosition you can select on a map the position where you want to meet and you are not yet (or the position you were supposed to be ;-).
You can personalize which other information you want to send (Street Address, City, Altitude, Coordinates etc.) and to who by default.
Posts can be sent via mail, so you can post Offline when traveling without Internet connection, and it will be sent automatically when syncing mails again.
Long tap on the map to set a (meeting/fake) position to send.
PostPosition is a All-in-One App which gathers most of the functions from all these Apps:
Here I am 2, I am here, One touch Location, Send my Location, Meet me here, Superious, PosterDroid, Posterous, GeoCam, Twidroyd, Seesmic, picplz, Plume, twicca, GeoTagger, Image Shrink, Image Resizer.
This is a functional Beta version and we're still working on it, please leave negative feedback yet.
This is a very hardware dependent App. I apologize for all issues you may find. Please DO SEND THE REPORTS so that we can fix it for your device or contact us per mail at postposition AT sitoplex .com
Suggestions and ideas are more than welcome.
Post to Wordpress with a map using iFrames of your location. Keep a personal Blog with pictures of the places you visited.
Just link your Posterous account with Twitter or Facebook and then use email@example.com - anything in subject line will turn in your Twitter/Facebook status.
With it you can post automatically without installing any other App to: Facebook, Facebook Page, Twitter, LinkedIn, Buzz, FriendFeed, Jaiku, Plurk, Identica, Blogger, Tumblr, Shopify, Typepad, Xanga, Wordpress, MovableType, Drupal, Flickr, Picasa, YouTube, Vimeo, Viddler, Blip.tv, Scribd and Delicious
Go to blogger.com and create a blog.
From the Blogger dashboard, go to Settings -> Email and set up your own private mail-to-blogger address - something like firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to twitterfeed.com, login with your OpenID and associate your Blogger feed to your twitterfeed account.
This is the browser I use everyday on my phone and tablet. I wanted to a browser that was easy to clear everything, wouldn't make a bunch of sounds at embarrassing times, was full screen, and didn't have the annoying habit of running out of windows. It uses the built in Webkit or Chromium rendering engine, so the app is super small. I make several optimization, so its much faster then the stock android browser and consumes less memory.
Note: Private Browser is designed to be super fast, so it uses caching. To clear the cache and everything but any file downloads, press the shredder button, or press the search key if your device has one. You can also use the two finger down, up, down gesture to clear everything.
Features of Private Browser:
Switch User Agent (lets you tell servers your a Normal Computer (IE), iPhone, iPad, Mac, Etc.)
Option to Mute Media Volume on startup
Flash Support (Requires Plug-in)
Full Screen Browsing Including Immersive mode
Search Button clears everything, and asks if you want to unload from memory.
HTML5 streaming video support
Blocks most Popups
Won't respond to location requests
And Lots Lots More.
The browser is now designed to be used with gestures. If you put two fingers together and slide them down, it will reveal the url bar.
The complete list of gestures are:
Up: toggle url bar
Down: toggle url bar
Left: go back
Right: go forward
Down then Up then Down: close down browser and clear out everything.
This is the free version, there is one ad on the url bar, it goes away when your url bar isn't open. There is a paid version (Private Browser) that doesn't contain any ads.
If you find a bug or want a feature, please email me. I love hearing from users!
Thanks for looking at my browser.
This application only works with twicca if you have an account in karmacracy.com
DON'T try to find the app's icon in your launcher because there is not. It can only be accessed via twicca plug-in settings.
In the configuration, the key is NOT your password, it's a special key for third party apps. Check yours in your settings > connections in karmacracy.com
●Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.1)
●Xperia SX (Android 4.0)
●HTC J (Android 4.0)
●HTC Desire (Android 2.2)
※一部機種の本体電話帳にも対応していますが、主に Google/Exchange アカウントでの利用を想定しています。