The owner, Mark Ferguson, had a concept of opening a sports bar in a run down area known as the "Gas Plant District" in downtown St. Petersburg. With the help of family and friends, Mark purchased the Sunoco gas station that became the first Ferg's building. Ferg's began to sponsor local softball, flag football and basketball leagues. Soon thereafter, the Suncoast Dome (now Tropicana Field) became the host of the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Tampa Bay Storm.
Hockey and Arena Football provided the capital and exposure to take Ferg's dream one step further. The dream came full circle with the announcement that Major League Baseball had awarded St. Petersburg with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (now the Tampa Bay Rays).
"If you build it they will come". Ferg's Sports Bar and Grill is now a city institution. Visitors come from near and far to catch a little of the "Ferg's" experience.
The buildings are a testament to Ferg's investment in his community. The wood flooring was acquired from many of the areas old school gymnasium floors, the walls are lined with hardwood from the old "All Children's Hospital". In fact almost all of Ferg's is constructed from the area's recycled materials. Encompassing almost two city blocks, there is truly something for everyone at Ferg's. 70+ TVs, awesome menu, craft beers, signature burgers and delicious wings. Indoor and outdoor seating include live music, friendly staff and easy access to the "Trop" through the tunnel under 1st Avenue South that leads directly to the stadium property. Come experience Ferg's today and enjoy a great time!
* NEWS - view official news and press releases as they come out
* EVENTS - view upcoming events in and around Tampa
* JOBS - view the latest job openings at the City of Tampa
* SOCIAL - connect with the mayor and the City of Tampa on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more
* CONTACT US - view and call contact numbers for hurricane information, city services, code enforcement, and more
* CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER - send messages to the city with questions, requests for service, and more
* UTILITY BILL PAYMENT - view a City of Tampa utility account and optionally make a payment
* ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT - stay tuned for more features in the next update (coming soon)
Found a problem with this app? Report it here: http://www.tampagov.net/msg?id=753
Have a feature you would like added to the app? Request it here: http://www.tampagov.net/msg?id=754
By downloading our app, you will be able to report general non-emergency issues either anonymously or with your contact information. You can even submit photos with your tips! We encourage all Tampa residents to keep track valuable property with serial numbers such as televisions, cameras, firearms and expensive electronics. You can document all of this information, including photographs in the "property" section of the app. If you are ever the victim of a crime, this information is vital for our detectives to bring the criminal to justice.
We want to hear from you! Whether it is commending one of our professional officers, reaching out to your childrens school resource officer or any one of our divisions located in the directory - it's just a touch away.
Happy apping and stay safe in Tampa!