The official App based on the international bestselling book Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Oxford University’s Professor Mark Williams and Dr Danny Penman.
The easy to follow mindfulness meditation programme inspired by the life-changing bestseller Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World. Try the programme which has already helped millions change their lives.
Features included in the free app:
• Eight-minute Body and Breath guided meditation, narrated by Professor Mark Williams
• Progress tracker that counts the number of minutes spent meditating and sessions completed
• Instructions for setting up your meditation practice – when, where and how to meditate
• An introduction to the mindfulness course
• Changing Chairs – a habit releaser to help you break your daily routine
• Instructions for troubleshooting – what to do if you are having trouble completing the guided meditation
The full, easy-to-follow eight-week programme is available as an in-app purchase.
Life can be relentless, frantic and exhausting – but it doesn’t have to be this way. These simple daily meditations that can be done almost anywhere can help you:
• Boost your happiness and confidence levels
• Break the cycle of unhappiness, stress, anxiety and mental exhaustion
• Reduce anxiety, stress and irritability
• Promote genuine joie de vivre.
• Put you back in control and able to enjoy life again.
Track and review your progress to a happier life. Whether you are new to mindfulness or keen to deepen your understanding and follow a structured practice, these simple daily meditations will put you back in control and able to enjoy life again.
This app is based on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). MBCT revolves around a straightforward form of mindfulness meditation which takes just a few minutes a day for the full benefits to be revealed. MBCT has been clinically proven to be at least as effective as drugs for depression and it is recommended by the UK's National Institute of Clinical Excellence – in other words, it works. More importantly it also works for people who are not depressed but who are struggling to keep up with the constant demands of the modern world.