Hence LoC can be used beyond common specialized applications in sports and leisure (riding, hiking, para gliding, free riding, skiing, bycicling, jogging, etc.).
In the area of Quality Management of transportation systems the development of new applications for travellers LoC offers optimal assistance for system operators, researchers and technicians: Purchasing costs for stand alone GPS-Logging Devices for data collection can be saved, insofar the personnel uses Android V2.1 or higher smartphones.
The local data base containing historic data can be easily exported to the exernal SD card where a data transfer by
e-mail, Bluetooth or USB can be initiated. Furthermore the tracks and manual defined points of interests (POI) can be exported as kml for the integration in GIS-Systems like Google Maps, Google Earth or Quantum GIS.
An allrounder with privacy
Those who like an application for more than one specialized use-case will find a good and on different devices (Samsung Galaxy SI 9000, Google Nexus S, HTC Desire, Sony Ericsson Active) tested allrounder. The local data management on the device and the willful manual data transfer avoid violations of privacy by unwanted automatic data transfers into the cloud.
- local SQLite data base for export (miniSD-card needed!)
- extended kml export with predefined POI attribution for
further treatment in Google Earth
- WGS84 X,Y (including accuracy cirlces!)
- number of satelites in fix and available
- estimated accuracy
- SQLite-DB export: enables further raw data treatment for
engineers, researchers & enthusiasts.
The next updates will address analytics, drift detection, extended kml-export features (use cases winter sports and industrial construction projects) and additional indicators (e.g. Signal to Noise Ratio).
- Geodaten vor Ort erfassen
- Einspielen in das vorhandene "Haus-GIS"
- Sicherheit durch Rechteverwaltung und Zugriffsschutz für Geodienste
- Kompatibel zu den Datenformaten und Schnittstellen führender GIS-Hersteller
- Kombinierbar mit OGC-kompatiblen GIS wie ArcGIS, GeoMedia, SAGis web®, INGRADA®, POLYGIS®, Quantum GIS, brain-GeoCMS® u. v. a. m.
More from developer
Valarm monitors external and built-in sensors to create an all-in-one remote environmental monitor and tracking device.
Built-in sensors include:
- Accelerometer (motion)
- GPS (speed, geofencing)
- Microphone (audio)*
- Ambient light
Valarm also works with most Bluetooth OBDII adapters to monitor a vehicle's status, and tie that data to its location via GPS. OBD2 sensors currently include throttle, speed, RPMs, and coolant temp. See http://www.valarm.net/obd2 for more details about Valarm's OBDII support.
On devices with OTG or USB Host Mode, Valarm Pro can use Yoctopuce USB sensors to monitor and alert based on various factors:
- CO2 levels
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Electric resistance (Yocto-Knob: switches, potentiometers, water levels, flooding, more)
- Any/all 4-20mA sensors (4 channels, 2 Yocto-4-20mA-Rx units)
- Barometric pressure
Valarm responds to configurable triggers, (limits/thresholds) set by you on each sensor:
- Send SMS/text msg
- Send email
- Post to Valarm Tools website ( http://tools.valarm.net )
- Play an alarm sound
- Take a photo
- Record audio*
In other words, you can configure Valarm to send a text, email, or post to your account on http://tools.valarm.net, when any sensor is triggered by your settings, for example:
- Your vehicle goes too far, too fast, too close to an area (geofence), the accelerator is "floored" or the engine raced.
- The school or board room's CO2 levels go above 1500 ppm and productivity is dropping fast!
- Someone steals your camera bag/guitar/motorcycle
- Your A/C breaks down and your servers are overheating
- The lights go out on your aquarium or hydroponics
- Alert you of flooding/presence of water on the floor or in a tub
- Humidity in your greenhouse drops and your orchids are drying up!
Text and email messages include the GPS location of the device at the moment the sensor is triggered, and the value reported by the sensor. Other responses configure Valarm to record audio* or take photos when someone is tampering with your property.
The Interval Timer allows automatic recording of the status of configured sensors at regular intervals (data logging), including taking photos and recording audio*. This allows you to graph all values on the tools.valarm.net website, as well as plot all locations on maps.
Valarm integrates with http://tools.valarm.net to provide mapping, graphing, historical analysis, and export to CSV or KML for analysis in Excel, Esri ArcGIS, MatLAB, Quantum GIS, and Google Earth (see www.valarm.net for examples and tutorials). A basic account for a single device is free, and allows you to see all sensor values posted by your Valarm equipped device, plotted on a Google Map. Subscribers get more tools (full details at valarm.net) and allow unlimited numbers of devices to be integrated and managed on the web.
NOTE: Devices running Android older than 3.1 can use Valarm Classic, which does not support external USB sensors. Valarm Classic is compatible with all devices back to Android 2.2, however on newer devices (Android 3.1+) the camera will not function. Valarm Pro supports these devices, and also includes support for USB-attached sensors.
Valarm includes a "Call-Me-Back" SMS remote-control command. This requires the "Make Phone Calls" permission! Valarm also sends/receives SMS/Text Messages!
* Audio/Mic support is considered "beta" and known to be unstable on some devices.