Instapaper for Android provides a mobile and tablet-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
- Optimized tablet interface
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Folders for organization
- Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
★ Thousands of Longform Articles and Stories in our Search Database
★ Hand Selected Articles and Stories Added Daily
★ Best Magazine Feature Stories Available
★ Account Features Allow Article Submit by Users
★ Thousands of Categories Tagged by Author and Publication
★ Integrated Article Sharing and Saving Options
★ Crime Articles
★ Culture Stories
★ Sex Features
★ Business Narratives
★ Political Long Articles
★ Classic Stories
★ Easy Read Interface
★ Technology News
★ Cool New Look for Fall
★ Plus it's ALL FREE!
As a small market app developer we appreciate your taking the time to get to know us. We welcome any and all suggestions, feedback or questions so please feel free to reach out to us directly. You can find us at our http://longformstories.com website and on Google+ via http://plus.google.com/+briandanielyoung
Thank you so much!
Check out our other highly rated apps as well.
Disclaimer: All content provided or linked via our apps is DMCA compliant and licensed under Creative Commons or in the Public Domain. All stories and articles linked to via this application are copyright their respective owners. Please notify us immediately if you have any questions regarding this issue.
Readability turns any Web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer or Android device. With the Readability app, you can catch up reading you've saved with the free Readability add-on for your Web browser. Already a favorite on Kindle e-readers, now you can enjoy the benefits of Readability on your Android devices.
Store It. Share It. Read It.
To start saving articles from the Web to Readability, visit the Readability website using your favorite browser and install the free Readability add-on.
Make it a favorite, send to your archive, share with your friends, and more
Readability automatically turns Web pages into a clean, elegant, single-column reading view. With beautiful typography provided by Hoefler & Frere-Jones, the reading experience in Readability is second-to-none. Too busy to read right now? Save any Web page to Readability and it automatically saves on your Web browser or Android device. Once synced, your articles will be there for you--whether you're online or offline. Customize the reading view by adjusting type size, text style, and contrast to your liking.
Readability also provides built-in native sharing support. Post favorite articles along with your own comments on Facebook, Twitter, or by e-mail to your friends. Enjoy an unlimited, search-able archive that syncs on the Web. As soon as you're done reading an article, simply tap it to archive. You can even add articles to your Reading List by e-mail. Copy and paste up to 20 URLs into the body of an e-mail and send that to a personalized address, provided free by Readability.
►Simple Interface: Card-like paragraphing to display news of different categories.
►Quick Reading: 10 pieces of selected top news to show you the events around the globe in 3 minutes.
►Editor's picks: All news stories are hand-picked by experienced editors.
►Light and free: Light and low memory usage, offered for free, and without any ads.
►Compatible with lower specification phones: Runs smoothly even on less equipped phones.
All new events on Asia-Pacific Daily are carefully picked by experienced editors from various sources to ensure the best reading quality. Our reporter and editor teams offer in-depth insights to every significant event, keeping you up to date with current affairs. Asia-Pacific Daily is optimized for different screen sizes to ensure the best reading experience on mobile phones.
All Android systems (including Android 5.0) are fully supported
Android 2.2 (Froyo), Android 2.3+ (Ginger Bread), Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Android 4.1/4.1/4.3 (Jelly Bean), Android 4.4(KitKat), Android 5.0(Lollipop).
English, Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese Brazil, Hindi
Provide feedback and help us improve if you encounter any problems.
You can watch video & script at same page / at same time.
Easily enhance your English reading & listening abilities.
- You can quick translate a word by double click or long press it.
- You can quick notes / highlight.
- You can download video & script to do offline learning.
- You can choose script text size & theme you like.
- You can play & listen it in the background.
Any bug or suggestion please kindly mail to me, thanks~
Walkreader is a solution to these problems. A gesture controlled app which allows you to listen to news, articles without even watching your phone screen. Now its easy to stay updated with the current news on your phone. This app enables a user to select articles using finger motion without having a glance on your phone screen, so with ease you can listen. A great app to listen news through RSS feeds, Articles, or type any news URL while you are walking, driving, cooking or doing some work.
* You can move to next article with this gesture controlled app by a single swipe.
* Enable Text-To-Speech (TTS) feature for websites.
* Increase/decrease the speed of speech.
* Easily change the pitch of the speaker.
* You can add your favourite RSS feeds to the list.
* You can play/pause an article easily with one finger movement.
With its emphasis on fine writing and original thought, Harper’s provides readers with a unique perspective on politics, society, the environment, and culture. Many of the essays, fiction, and reporting in the magazine are written by promising new voices, while our archive includes some of the most distinguished names in American letters, among them Annie Dillard, Barbara Ehrenreich, Jonathan Franzen, Mary Gaitskill, and David Foster Wallace. Harper’s also features award-winning photography and illustration from the likes of Lena Herzog, Samuel James, and Steve Mumford.
Issues on the Harper’s Magazine app include all stories and art from the print edition of the magazine. Each digital edition is designed to provide a straightforward and elegant reading experience on your tablet or smartphone.
Existing print subscribers can activate their subscription in the app and access Harper’s everywhere.
Can read web pages directly and save links easily by selecting this app. on web browser's Sharing submenu.
You can save your own text, or copy/paste your favourite news or stories from internet browser, and listen to it later off-line( while driving to/from work or on the train).
Multiple notes can be selected and played in sequence. Click the notes you want and start play(reading and hearing). This app. will run hours while you are driving without intervention.
Bookmarks(Links for favourite web pages) screen allows easy saving of links using internet browser's Sharing facility.
You may need to change Text to Speech settings on your phone's SETTINGS screen to your favourite. On Google Nexus, you can change language and speed in Settings->Language & Input -> Text-to-speech output. My favourite setting is speech rate->normal and Google Text-to-Speech Engine->English(United Kingdom).
- Move from any web browser via SHARE submenu.
- navigate to any web pages within this application
- Save links of any web pages(bookmarking)
- Save as notes for off-line reading/listening of any web pages
- Save your own texts ans contents from other programs to read/listen
Our beautifully designed magazine sets the standard for community journalism. We don’t just report the news but embed ourselves within the area we proudly serve. As a result, we’re able to offer understanding and insight often missing from other news media.
Each month, you’ll discover dozens of stories written by our award-winning staff and freelancers. We cover a wide range of news, culture, business, food, lifestyle and other stories with a depth and sensitivity unique among hyper-local publications. In addition, most issues include a rarity in today’s click-based reporting world: long-form journalism, a deep dive into a topic of community interest.
Our digital edition reads the same as our highly designed, story-packed print version, the winner of seven Keystone Press Awards in 2014. In addition, the digital edition includes a number of extras, including video and audio enhancements to stories and advertisements, as well as dozens of coupons to some of the greater Harrisburg’s best, most popular businesses.
Our app is free, as is our magazine. However, we won’t object if you can contribute a buck or two so that we can continue to bring you this gorgeous publication on the device of your choice.
Enjoy reading TheBurg! And please provide feedback on how we can improve your reading experience.
From the true story of a band of high school students turned drug smugglers, to a fictional future blighted by an insomnia epidemic, Atavist offers original stories you won’t find anywhere else.
Beyond great characters and unforgettable yarns, you’ll find:
- Audiobook versions; alternate between reading and listening
- Exclusive images, video, photos, maps, and timelines
- Original musical soundtracks
Buy stories and books individually, or become a subscriber to unlock all of The Atavist.
We love hearing from readers. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions for us. If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.atavist.com.
PaperSpan removes all the limitations of web browsing while maintaining its benefits. Don’t worry about distractions, busy schedules, or poor reception while you’re surfing the web. Simply save web pages for later viewing even while off-line.
It’s a great way to stay up-to-date with everything that is important and exciting to you, without letting your busy life get in the way.
* Clean Design.
* Offline reading.
* Save sites from desktop or mobile.
* Sync between desktop and mobile.
* Folder support.
* Search & Sort for pages list.
* Highlight text of an article.
* Listen to saved article (Text to Speech).
* Dark theme and brightness change for night reading.
* Playlist of articles for continuous listening.
* Controls for ease of reading (Auto scroll, Text-only view, Font style/size change, Full screen, Zoom in/out).
* Add Notes for an article.
* Share via applications that accept links (SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Google Keep, Email, more...)
* Updates to ensure a simple, productive, and comfortable reading experience.
If you’ll be off-line for an extended period of time or just on-the-go (busses, subways, trains, taxis, waiting rooms), just gather your favorite web destinations in advance, file them in your personal folders, and effortlessly enjoy them at any time during your day.
• Fun & Work!
It provides easy access anywhere, anytime to a custom collection of content that you want to see. Now that’s excellent time management and the ultimate freedom – do exactly what you want, when you want to without ever missing a thing!
Access your saved pages offline on desktop with Chrome Extension.
Feel free to drop us a line! We’re always listening to your suggestions to improve PaperSpan!
If you have any issues with the app, just contact us and we will help you!
Paper Mache requires a paid, $1/month subscription to the Instapaper service - does not work with a free Instapaper account.
* Text view of pages, optimized for your screen.
* Articles are available Offline.
* Synchronization with website and across devices.
* Scrolling and Paged mode reading.
* Remembers reading postion of each article and syncs between devices.
* Configurable font, text size, spacing and margin.
* Light and Dark viewing modes.
* Custom folders.
* Browse feeds and add articles directly in app.
* Search to find your articles.
* Mark articles as "Liked".
Issues being addressed:
* Touch interface improvements to scrolling and sliding.
* Some 2.x phones fail to initialize storage, causing the app to hang on launch
* Optimize for high resolution devices.
Android version of the very well regarded Instapaper service.
Not affliated with Instapaper.
Currently available in English.
Digg delivers the most interesting and talked-about stories on the Internet. Powered by social signals and old-fashioned human judgment, our editors turn the Internet's vast and cacophonous flood of articles, blog posts, magazine pieces, status updates, photos and videos into the elegant and endlessly engrossing mix known as Digg. And now the new Digg Reader is a simple, powerful and speedy way to follow your favorite sources and publishers.
◆ Introducing Digg Reader for Android! A fast, clean, and simple real-time reading app.
◆ Find and follow your favorite online publishers, writers, and bloggers.
◆ Organize RSS feeds and other sources via folders. Quickly sort to see the most popular items across the social Internet.
◆ Digg your favorite stories and share them via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, LinkedIn, email, and text.
◆ Save stories to read later on Digg, Instapaper, and Pocket.
Have a suggestion? Trouble with our app?
Email us: email@example.com
Talk to us on Twitter: @DiggSupport
“Digg captures a snapshot of all of the Web’s hottest streams. Then it presents a smart, gorgeous, editorially coherent digest of what’s popular online.” - Slate
"Digg doesn't suck anymore." - Ben Parr, CNET
"Top 50 Best Websites of 2012" - Time Magazine