This Qt 5 Showcases App contains multiple application samples developed with the cross-platform V-Play Apps SDK. This demo app shows developers and designers how the V-Play App Engine is used to create mobile apps with native user experience (UX) and fluid UI animations.
You can browse through all the demos and V-Play features from this single app. The full source code of this Qt Showcase App and all its demos are available open-source in the free V-Play SDK.
To download the free V-Play SDK and start building mobile apps that shine, go to
The available demos in this app are:
• Component Showcase with all V-Play core features like:
- Theming and native platform styles
- Native dialogs, camera/image picker and share features
- Embedded maps and GPS positioning
- Embedded video, audio and WebView
- Shader effects and fluid animations
- Native styled controls and Qt Quick Controls
- Local storage, app navigation, lists and sections
• V-Play Plugin Demo showing integration of:
- Advertisements using AdMob or Chartboost
- App Analytics with Google Analytics or Flurry
- In-app purchases by Soomla
- Push Notifications
• Qt World Summit 2016 App
- Full featured conference management app made for Qt World Summit 2016
- Browse the conference schedule.
- See detailed information for all talks and speakers.
- Manage your personal schedule by adding talks to your favorites.
- Customize the UI and switch between different native styles and colors.
• Maps app
- Find available city bikes in Vienna
- Add spots as favorites
- GPS Positioning
• Twitter app
• Property cross app
• Weather app with smooth animations and view transitions
• Messaging app like Facebook
• Login UI Example
• Settings UI Example with split-view feature
V-Play is based on the Qt framework. Qt is a powerful cross-platform toolkit based on C++ which enables powerful animations with Qt Quick and native performance on all major mobile platforms.
V-Play extends the Qt 5 framework with components highlighted in this app. These are for example:
• Components that allow native user experience on all major mobile platforms with a single code base. E.g. on iOS you will experience swipe back gesture support, while on other platforms a navigation drawer is used – this is supported automatically without any change of code.
• Full range of native widgets optimized for a native platform behavior like tabs, dialogs and list views.
The V-Play SDK allows native user experience with a single code base and fluid animations. You can download it together with the full source code of this app for free at