vTime is the world's first sociable network in virtual reality on mobile. Completely cross-platform, vTime is available on Google Cardboard for a limited number of devices.
Our VR social network allows you to chat and share with friends and family in incredible virtual destinations using only your phone, a Cardboard headset, and earphones with a built in microphone.
• Be sociable, together: vTime allows you to socialize and chat with family and friends in virtual reality from wherever you are in the world.
• Upload your flat and 360 images to share with friends: Share 2D photos in The Archive, The Boardroom, or chat together with family and friends inside your memories in the 360 Gallery.
• Make it personal: Convey more of what makes you unique with thousands of avatar customisation options and millions of bespoke facial combinations, with more personalization options on the way.
• Choose your destination: Relax and chat with friends in any one of our beautifully realized environments, with destinations changing regularly.
• Express yourself with vMote gestures - our suite of 17 virtual emojis - including blow kiss, wave and celebrate!
• Keep your friends close: Build and manage friends lists to easily connect, and see when your VR social circle is online.
• Stay in touch with ‘vText’: Private message vTime friends whether they’re online or offline.
• Add interests and spoken languages to your public profile, making it even easier to find compatible users to chat with.
• Immersive audio: Full 3D spatial audio creates a sense of “being there”.
• Take a vSelfie: What goes on in our VR social network doesn't have to stay there! Take vSelifes of yourself and your friends and share your vTime experiences!
• vTime without a headset with Magic Window: You don’t even need a Cardboard headset - just choose ‘Magic Window’ and then vTime straight from your phone’s screen.
• Low bandwidth: Connect over 3G, 4G, cellular, or WI-FI.
How to vTime
- Download the vTime app - it’s FREE!! (And free to use!)
- Plug your earphones/ mic in and fire up vTime
- Select either ‘Magic Window’ to vTime from your phone’s screen or choose ‘Cardboard’ and when the split screen comes up, place your phone in your Cardboard headset.
- If it’s your first time then follow the instructions to set up an account - you’ll need to authorize your device through an email we’ll send you.
- Drop back in and off you go!
- Join existing sessions or invite others to join you as the host from the connections screen (just stare at their avatar pictures).
- If you like them, invite them to be your friend!
- Keep ‘Random Match’ on for a while to make yourself visible to existing vTime users.
- In a session, you’ll see a crown over the host’s head. The host controls where you go in vTime
- Visit our website http://www.vTime.net anytime to manage your account.
We really want and value your feedback! Let us know what you think on http://www.vtime.net or email feedback@vTime.net, and follow us at @vTimeNet and facebook.com/vTimeNet.
• When you first start up vTime extra data will be downloaded onto your phone. As this a large download (>350Mb) we suggest you connect using WiFi.
• We will roll out across many more devices in the coming weeks. Currently on: Sony Xperia 2, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z5, Z5 Premium, Z5 Compact, Z5 Duel or Premium Duel, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S5 Active, S6 Active, S5 Neo, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, LG G2, LG G3, LG G4, LG G5, HTC One M9 and M9+, HTC One X9, Droid Turbo 2, HTC 10, Huawei P9, OnePlus One, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3, Xperia Z3, Moto X Pure, Moto X 2nd gen and more.