(This software does not contain any ads...)
WinStars 3 is a planetarium for almost any platform. Employing 3D technology to display our solar system in a realistic manner, users may tour the planets, follow a space probe on its long voyage, or observe a celestial event from a distant world, as well as receiving the latest astrophysical news from a live feed.
Updates add new features and functionality, transforming it into an advanced educational tool for discovering our Universe.
- A default catalogue of over 2,500,000 stars (Tycho2).
- UCAC4 catalogue with more of 114 millions stars. WinStars downloads only data necessary from internet.
- A direction of observation which is easily controlled by a mouse and in real time.
- A precise representation of the observable sky from a point on the earth’s surface on a given date.
- A 3D interface to give more realism to celestial objects.
- Virtual textures to display high resolution surface details of planets.
- Travel throughout the solar system, to over 200,000 stars, the edge of our galaxy and beyond.
- Follows the latest scientific news by downloading additional modules.
- A calculation of notable astronomical phenomena visible from an observation point on the earth.
- Detailed information about each object.
- A calculation of the positions of the principal satellites of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, of comets and of asteroids.
- An outline of the celestial equator, the ecliptic, and a grid of azimuthal and equatorial coordinates.
- A 3D outline of the planetary orbits.
- drives a large range of telescopes.
- Internet resources are also available:
updated comets and asteroids’ elements, querying of DSS (Digitized Sky Survey) servers to obtain a photograph of that portion of the sky being displayed by the program, a notice of the visibility of artificial satellites, etc.
- Automatic modules updates.
By purchasing the full version of WinStars 3 (3.99€), you will be able to access all the functions of the software, and in particular :
- the Tycho2 and UCAC4 catalogues, adding 114 million stars.
- a digital version of a photographic atlas covering the entire sky (Digitized Sky Survey function).
- high-resolution textures of the Moon, Mars and Earth,
- additional modules (3D models, additional catalogues, scientific news...)
Visit https://winstars.net/en for more information about the software, access to forums and suggest new features.