Samsung Galaxy devices from 2013 and onward are unlikely to work correctly. Examples are Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy MEGA, Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note 2, and Galaxy Note 3. This is because of KNOX.
LG devices will be fully unrooted, but will still say "Rooted" afterwards because of LG's eFuse.
Simply hit the 'UNROOT' button and allow Root Access when asked to give it permission. The device will then reboot and you will be completely Unrooted when you boot back up.
****WHEN APP DOES NOT REBOOT AFTER ALLOWING ROOT, CLOSE THE APP AND HIT UNROOT AGAIN****
This is a great app for those who are trying to complete a warranty return with a carrier for a defective device hardware or a repair. If you only want to temporarily lose Root Access, this app is not for you. Unrooting is permanent and cannot be undone with this app. Only use this if you truly want to lose Root Access.
If your device has an Insecure Kernel (Boot.img) the app will now tell you and close. This is for users who could not bother to read the App Description that warns you that if your device has an Insecure Kernel, it will NOT fully unroot you.
Insecure Kernel (Boot.img) means that unless your Kernel (Boot.img) is brought back to the factory stock file, your device will never be unrooted fully, so this app will no longer bother attempting to try, only to get users complaining about not being able to OTA.
Please be aware, this app does not gurantee that it will fix your specific devices "Over-The-Air Update" issues. In most cases, anything you did with root such as: Debloating, Installing a custom Kernel, custom ROM, custom Recovery (like TWRP or Clockworkmod), enabling tether, etc. will NOT be un-done by this app. If you can't update because your system was modified, look for a way to flash back the entire device, such as Odin for Samsung.
You can see a video explaining this by "zedomaxx" on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdlIxE7K_vw
Support for x86, ARM, and MIPS devices.
Support for ChainsDD Superuser, Chainfire SuperSu, and Koush Superuser.
Featured on Droid-Life! - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/11/new-app-claims-to-unroot-any-android-device-with-a-single-tap/
Featured on Phandroid! - http://phandroid.com/2013/04/11/universal-unroot/
Featured on AndroidFanNetwork! - http://androidfannetwork.com/2013/04/11/one-click-unroot-app-for-any-android-device/
Featured on Frandroid! - http://www.frandroid.com/applications/136681_universal-unroot-pour-desactiver-le-root-dun-seul-clic#more-136681
Featured on GetNews JPN! - http://getnews.jp/archives/320358
Tomsgt123 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySNStU8OTuk
DroidModd3rX - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_viwAMoIcJM
tmyinc - http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15295-universal-unroot-app/
Issues installing or upgrading from another Superuser or SuperSU? Try the recovery zip installation linked below.
Apps being denied? Disable the "Declared Permission" setting, and delete the "Deny" policies.
This app requires that you already have root, or a custom recovery image to work.
Apps not being remembered? Start the superuser app to make sure the su binary is up to date.
* Multiuser support
* OPEN SOURCE (https://github.com/koush/Superuser)
* Pin protection
* Manifest permission support
* Per app configuration
* Request timeout
* Proper Tablet UX
Why another Superuser?
* Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
* Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
* Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
* Superuser should also be AOSP embeddable, meaning a ROM can easily embed it into their Settings app.
* Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
* If something goes wrong, I can fix it.
* Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
* Handle concurrent su requests properly
Manual installation with the recovery zip:
Recommended if you are having installation issues or are not rooted
Your device is known to be insecure?
Apps like media streaming services, online banking apps or other apps do not work?
Want return or send your device in for service?
Then use Simply-Unroot.
Un-rooting your device is permanent unless you root it again.
If you are not able to update your device after the unroot process its neccessary to use manufacturer update tool like Samsung Kies or LG Mobile Support Tool. This is because you have modified a partition like kernel or system.
It will work on stock, custom and aosp based ROM's like Miui or Cyanogenmod.
Simply-Unroot will not delete any personal data but to be sure please back up the data on your phone.
It will work on stock, custom and aosp based ROM's like Miui or Cyanogenmod.
Support for all Super User apps and root methode.
★ You MUST be running a custom ROM to use this app. Your ROM developer MUST be using this app explicitly in order to distribute their ROM.
★ If you are not running a custom ROM, this app is not for you. Your device is incompatible.
★ Please do not leave a 1 star review if you are running a stock ROM, or it is not supported. This is negatively affecting the app's rating unjustly. It is not up to me to make your ROM compatible!
★ Optimised for Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop with matching UI themes to suit each API.
★ Fully ARM 64-bit compatible.
Once installed, you will receive notifications when an update is available for your ROM. You can choose whether to check automatically in the background, with all the usual notification controls you'd expect. You can also setup OpenRecoveryScript options to help automate your installation process.
More features will be added in the future.
There are some comprehensive instructions on how to get this working on the Github links below. It's very easy to get going though. All you need are some build.prop values adding to your ROM, a manifest XML document and somewhere to host your ROM (you may use direct links or HTTP links).
If you prefer you can use http://romhut.com to freely host your ROM, which will provide direct links for the OTA Updates and generate your manifest XML for you! Or, you can do these things manually if you like to have that little bit of extra control.
GitHub - https://github.com/Kryten2k35/OTAUpdates
Requirements - https://github.com/Kryten2k35/OTAUpdates/blob/stable/README.md
If you would like to see this app translated into your mother tongue, please use the above GitHub link and submit a pull request with your changes. I will be happy to merge them.
This is an open project (licence under Creative Commons Share-alike to ensure it remains free) and contributions are very appreciated.
This application is licenced under the Creative Commons Share-alike 4.0 licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode
Images used in this application are from the Google Design Material Icons library found here: https://github.com/google/material-design-icons Some were modified in colour to suit the theme of the application. All rights are reserved to Google under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
SuperSU Pro adds the following features to your SuperSU installation:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
See the SuperSU app description for further details on SuperSU.
Note that SuperSU Pro is rarely updated - most of the updated code goes directly into the main SuperSU app. That is the one you need to update.
Very fast and simple uninstaller tool on single click for uninstalling both SYSTEM and REGULAR applications.
For ROOT+NAND unlocked devices
☆ Uninstall system applications
☆ Freeze or disable bloatware, stock and regular applications (keep updates)
☆ Defrost or enable applications (Free trial or PRO)
☆ Backup system application .apk to sdcard (that can reinstall later)
☆ Restore backed up applications
☆ Reset applications to fresh install state
☆ Delete definitively system applications
☆ Hide my App: launch a frozen app and automatically re-freeze on app closing (Pro only, tap on Launch->Freeze button )
☆ Explore application data folder, code folder (ex. edit preferences, need AntTek File Explorer)
For NON-ROOT devices
☆ Quick APK list to show all available .APK files on SDCard
☆ Keep Market reference and can restore after factory reset/change devices
☆ Manage to clear data, cache (manually)
☆ Manage .apk files: delete, install, install as a system app (PRO)
☆ Single click to uninstall a listed applications (Batch uninstall).
☆ Rapid load application list
☆ Display application name, icon, package name
☆ Exclude system applications (that you can not uninstall)
☆ Filter by third-party applications, system applications, applications on sdcard. backup applications or frozen applications
☆ Support large screen (ex. tablet) views
☆ Explore application data folder, code folder (ex. edit preferences, need AntTek File Explorer)
Trial on Free version :
☆ Three times to defrost or restore apps for Free version
☆ Make sure you app is granted by SuperUser
☆ If you CANN'T freeze/defrost, try to enable USB Debugging (HOME/Settings/Application/Development/USB Debugging)
☆ If you CANN'T restore backup app, try to "find apps on SD card" then long-press the app and select "install as system app".
☆ This application uses SDCARD to store data
☆ PRO and FREE version are fully compatible
- Some phones (ex. Desire) requires NAND unlocked (see more here http://alpharev.nl/).
- INTERNET/ ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/ ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION are required for displaying AdMob. The PRO version does not require these permissions.
Assistant request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: http://rootuninstaller.com
So, I decided to try to write an app that would help folks figure-out what the issues might be so that they can get their OTA update installed.
The OTA Verifier app can be used to evaluate an over-the-air (OTA) update.zip or other flashable .zip file before you attempt the install or afterwards to help you figure-out why the installation may have failed. OTA Verifier will point-out what files and conditions are being tested so that you can more easily attempt to correct these issues.
Q: Do I have to be rooted to use this?
A: No, but rooted devices will have more conditions that the app will be able to test/evaluate because it will have access to protected files that non-rooted devices don't.
Q: Will the app actually do the installation or change anything on my device?
A: No. The app will only evaluate the expressions and conditions contained inside the updater-script file inside the .zip file that's trying to be installed. None of the functions or commands that try to modify your device (i.e., delete/patch/format/extract, etc.) will be evaluated or executed. The app basically operates in "read-only" mode with respect to the .zip file being evaluated.
Q: Will this app work on older devices or flashable .zip files that use the amend update-script files?
A: No, this app evaluates and interprets the newer edify updater-script files (notice the "r" in "updater").
How do I use this app?
1. Install and launch the app
2. Click the "Select File" button and navigate to desired .zip file
3. Long-press (press and hold) the file entry for the desired .zip file
4. Click the "Verify OTA .zip" file pop-up
5. Wait for the app to process the file (very large files may take several minutes to complete)
6. View the displayed results (text will also be copied to the clipboard)
1. Savvy root users probably already know that after a failed .zip file installation, you should be able to view the /cache/recovery/last_log file to view the information about what might have failed. OTA Verifier will try to uncover all of the issues and not just the first one that causes the installation to fail.
2. While I wrote this app principally to evaluate OTA update.zip files, the edify updater-script files are used and written by ROM devs and others who created flashable .zip files. This app can be used to evaluate those file's updater-script files, too.
3. Note: it is not a given that an error reported by this app also means that the OTA will fail to install. I'm seeing newer (Android 5+) OTAs whose updater-script contains post-install SHA1 checks that will be reported as failures (false expressions) by this app. I've added (v2.5) a new "strict mode" preference/setting that will "allow" non-existent files to not make the expression their referenced in evaluate to false (which they would otherwise). Version 2.6 brings additional logic to handle these post-install SHA1 checks by allowing them to not be evaluated as false when detected after seeing a "verifying system partition files" ui_print expression.
4. Additionally, in v2.6, the app will suppress any errors past the 25th one since the output becomes unwieldy (you can revert this change in the preference/settings menu).
Please see this Google+ post for more details on the latest changes: https://plus.google.com/111250871094989567615/posts/ftgrXDS3s8i
Permissions: READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - used for the file browser (Select App) to allow you to navigate to and select a file to scan for OTA verification.
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
ROM Toolbox combines all the great root apps into one monster app with a beautiful and easy to use interface. ROM Toolbox has every tool you need to make your Android device fast and customized to your liking. Save 85% by getting ROM Toolbox instead of spending $30 or more on other apps.
ROM Toolbox has been featured on LifeHacker, XDA-Developers, Droid-Life, Android Central, RootzWiki, Android Police, and other popular sites. We know you will love it; Over 14,000 people gave it a full 5 star review! ★★★★★
This app requires root permission. For fast and friendly support please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to help answer your questions or concerns.
ROM Toolbox combines apps like Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, SetCPU, MetaMorph, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Script Manager, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor, Font Installer, Boot Animation Installer & many more apps into an all-in-one app! Here is a list of some of the features you will find:
★ ROM Management ★
☆ Install ROMs & themes from a growing list of ROMs. AOKP, CyanogenMod and other popular ROMs included.
☆ Create, manage & restore nandroid backups
☆ Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats
☆ Install multiple ROMs & ZIPs from your SD card
★App Manager ★
☆ Batch backup & restore apps and their data
☆ Schedule backups to run at a certain time
☆ Restore apps from nandroid backups
☆ Backup/Restore text messages, bookmarks, accounts, etc.
☆ Backup your apps to dropbox
☆ Freeze/Defrost system & user apps
☆ Backup/restore Android Market link
☆ Task manager
☆ Automated batch uninstaller
☆ E-mail your apps to friends
☆ Move any user app to the SD card
☆ Clean up dalvik-cache
☆ Zipalign, fix permissions, wipe data & cache, force close any app
★Root Explorer ★
☆ Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).
☆ Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
☆ Change file permissions and ownership
☆ View, edit & share files
☆ File manager with two panels for easier management
★ Scripter & Terminal Emulator ★
☆ Create and run scripts as root
☆ Set your scripts to run at-boot
★ Auto Start Manager ★
☆ Enable/disable apps that run on start-up
☆ Enable/disable any broadcast receiver, activity or service
★ Rebooter ★
☆ Reboot recovery, powerdown, bootloader, etc.
★ Font Installer ★
☆ Install custom fonts from a huge list or from your sdcard
☆ Set fonts as favorites & send them to friends
★ Boot Animation Installer ★
☆ Install custom boot animations from a huge collection or from your sdcard
☆ Preview boot animations
☆ Create a boot animation from a GIF file
☆ Have a new random boot animation each time you boot-up!
★ Theme Manager & Statusbar Icon Changer ★
☆ Create and install full themes
☆ Customize your status bar by installing custom icons for wifi, signal, gps, etc.
☆ Change your battery icons in the status bar to a custom one from a list of 200+
★ Boot Logo Changer ★
☆ Change your boot logo for supported phones
★ Theme Chooser Themes ★
☆ View a list of themes for the TMobile Theme Chooser
☆ SetCPU & scaling governor
☆ CPU Profiles
☆ Kernel tweaks to speed up performance
★ Build.prop Editor ★
☆ Easily edit your build.prop
☆ Change lcd density, improve battery life, increase performance
★ Auto Memory Manager ★
☆ Set minfree values & select from presets. Apply values at boot
★ SD Booster ★
☆ Increase the speed of your SD card
Contacts - Backup call log and sms
SMS - Backup call log and sms
Accounts - Backup and restore from Google Drive
What does it do?
This uses root access to "Snatch" a copy of your device's OTA Update .ZIP file to your device's storage so you can upload it for others to use, or have a backup copy for yourself. (Remember, sharing is caring.)
***PLEASE DISABLE ANY USB MASS STORAGE OR IT WON"T COPY***
How can I tell it worked?
Use a File Manager or Computer to view your device's storage. Inside the /OTA/ folder on your storage you should find your OTA Update .ZIP file. The name depends on your device's OEM and other factors.
What devices will it not work on?
This is compatible with all rooted Android devices that use the /cache/ updating system. If your device is unique and does not support the /cache/ updating system, you can compile your own copy, or notify me of the device and I will try to add in support from my end.
This app is Open Source! You can compile it yourself from the github below.
NOTE: This app does not root your device. It does not modify any system files. The sole purpose of the app is to check whether or not a device has root access. It also provides helpful information about root and Android.
This is a great tool for anyone who is interested in rooting an Android device. It provides a helpful root guide, root terminology, frequently asked questions, and everything you need to get you started. This app will not root your device, but it will give you expert knowledge and point you in the right direction.
So you have root access... what next? This app provides the most popular root apps on Google Play. Find the best root apps and see your currently installed apps that can provide root functionality.
With a material design, Root Check is one sexy beast of an app. It is the smartest and fastest "root checker" available. Don't waste your time on outdated apps. This is the real deal; developed by one of the top rated "root" developers on Google Play.
If this application are present in Google Play Store - you get actual version number and possibility to update application - or try to search new version on your favorite forum or site.
There is two possible ways to check updates - via Google Play Store site or via experimental lightweight API.
There is a lot of Internet traffic used for checking - especially if you have a huge number of installed applications.
Application marked in colors when scanning are done:
Red - possible update found or it's not possible to determine current market version
Grey - application are not found in Play Store
Black - no updates found for this moment
you can donate me via paypal email@example.com - if you like this app.
SH-06F => ?
SH-04F => 01.01.05
SH-01F => 02.00.01(4.4)
SH-07E => ?
SH-06E => 01.00.09
SH-02E => 02.00.06
SBM303SH => S0026
SBM302SH => S0018
Please tell me if your device works:-)
* Newer devices(after summer 2014) and firmwares are not supported. For example, it's confirmed that SH-04F after 01.01.0X won't work.
* Once updated, supported device may become unsupported.
* If you don't agree Taiwan belongs to P.R.C., don't download(not available to Taiwan, ask your Japan papa to upgrade for you, don't use this software!!!).
How does this software work?
1. SHARP OTA server can be accessed outside Japan
2. Faking as inside Japan needs something like hooking
3. To hook certain process, ptrace is needed, but on most of the devices ptrace is disabled by LSM
1. Using kernel exploit to enable ptrace support
2. Hook FOTA or telephony service to act as inside Japan
firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal or AliPay.
* Manual decrypt / recrypt runs as a background task and displays a progress bar so as not to clutter or freeze the UI thread when dealing with large databases.
* Screen orientation is locked whilst manually decrypting or recrypting so that this important process is not interrupted or terminated prematurely.
* Will check the backup file every 15 minutes. Not all backups occur at 4am because WhatsApp is process and memory aware. Then of course there are manual backups.
* Supports devices which saves the latest backup file in the msgstore-YYY-MM-DD-N format. Most tablets do not save the backup file in the usual format.
* The background service is extremely lightweight and has minimal impact on battery life. It can also be paused so you don't have to remove the app to stop it.
* If you have SMS Backup + installed then Omni-Crypt will send an intent to trigger the backup process. No intent will be sent if it's not installed.
* The background service will publish both an alert and a notification upon each recryption (usually once per day). Please purchase a pro key to disable this.
* Full support for the NEW WhatsApp CRYPT8 encryption format which uses a rolling encryption mechanisim that will update your personal cipher key periodically.
* The app will not decrypt or recrypt CRYPT5 if the gmail linked to your device is not the same gmail that was present when you registered WhatsApp. If the app fails on CRYPT5 then this will be the ONLY reason why. This is not the apps fault so please do not leave a one star rating if you are in the minority of people who experience an issue.
* There are no magic cipher keys for CRYPT6/7/8. The key file is only available to users on rooted devices or users with Android 4.0 or higher (additional setup required). You will therefore REQUIRE a rooted device for CRYPT6/7/8 or Android 4.0+ (see troubleshooting section).
* How do I enable Crypt 6/7/8 on a non-rooted device with Android 4.0 or higher?
* 1.) Visit: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6El0Tw0em-ZaVlPUmlNY2Q2SVU
* 2.) Download Omni-CryptNonRootFix.zip
* 3.) Extract and read the enclosed "ReadMe.txt" file.
* How do I root my device?
* You should visit XDA Developers Forums and lookup your device to find a relevant rooting guide.
* What happens if the background daemon stops working?
* Simply go into Settings > Apps > Omni-Crypt and tap both "Clear data" and "Clear cache". Then open Omni-Crypt again. This will reset the app and clear any potential corruption with the recrypt scheduler.
* What if Omni-Crypt is not triggering SMS Backup+?
* Open Auto backup settings in SMS Backup+ and tick 3rd party integration.
Pro Version Key:
* If you would like to support my app and / or disable the alerts and notifications created by the background service then please browse my other apps for the Omni-Crypt Key. The Play Store link is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnicrypt.key
* Android 2.1+
* Root required for CRYPT6 / CRYPT7 / CRYPT8 or Android 4.0+ (additional setup)
* Omni-Crypt is provided in good faith that is fit for the purposes described above. However, no guarantees of fitness are expressed or implied here. Thank you.
* Omni-Crypt is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by WhatsApp Inc, Facebook or with / by any of their proprietary apps, trademarks, logos or intellectual property.