Samsung Galaxy devices from 2013 and onward are unlikely to work correctly. Examples are Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy MEGA, Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note 2, and Galaxy Note 3. This is because of KNOX.
LG devices will be fully unrooted, but will still say "Rooted" afterwards because of LG's eFuse.
Simply hit the 'UNROOT' button and allow Root Access when asked to give it permission. The device will then reboot and you will be completely Unrooted when you boot back up.
****WHEN APP DOES NOT REBOOT AFTER ALLOWING ROOT, CLOSE THE APP AND HIT UNROOT AGAIN****
This is a great app for those who are trying to complete a warranty return with a carrier for a defective device hardware or a repair. If you only want to temporarily lose Root Access, this app is not for you. Unrooting is permanent and cannot be undone with this app. Only use this if you truly want to lose Root Access.
If your device has an Insecure Kernel (Boot.img) the app will now tell you and close. This is for users who could not bother to read the App Description that warns you that if your device has an Insecure Kernel, it will NOT fully unroot you.
Insecure Kernel (Boot.img) means that unless your Kernel (Boot.img) is brought back to the factory stock file, your device will never be unrooted fully, so this app will no longer bother attempting to try, only to get users complaining about not being able to OTA.
Please be aware, this app does not gurantee that it will fix your specific devices "Over-The-Air Update" issues. In most cases, anything you did with root such as: Debloating, Installing a custom Kernel, custom ROM, custom Recovery (like TWRP or Clockworkmod), enabling tether, etc. will NOT be un-done by this app. If you can't update because your system was modified, look for a way to flash back the entire device, such as Odin for Samsung.
You can see a video explaining this by "zedomaxx" on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdlIxE7K_vw
Support for x86, ARM, and MIPS devices.
Support for ChainsDD Superuser, Chainfire SuperSu, and Koush Superuser.
Featured on Droid-Life! - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/11/new-app-claims-to-unroot-any-android-device-with-a-single-tap/
Featured on Phandroid! - http://phandroid.com/2013/04/11/universal-unroot/
Featured on AndroidFanNetwork! - http://androidfannetwork.com/2013/04/11/one-click-unroot-app-for-any-android-device/
Featured on Frandroid! - http://www.frandroid.com/applications/136681_universal-unroot-pour-desactiver-le-root-dun-seul-clic#more-136681
Featured on GetNews JPN! - http://getnews.jp/archives/320358
Tomsgt123 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySNStU8OTuk
DroidModd3rX - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_viwAMoIcJM
tmyinc - http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15295-universal-unroot-app/
SEO: root, unroot, superuser, SuperSU, rooted, hide root
Issues installing or upgrading from another Superuser or SuperSU? Try the recovery zip installation linked below.
Apps being denied? Disable the "Declared Permission" setting, and delete the "Deny" policies.
This app requires that you already have root, or a custom recovery image to work.
Apps not being remembered? Start the superuser app to make sure the su binary is up to date.
* Multiuser support
* OPEN SOURCE (https://github.com/koush/Superuser)
* Pin protection
* Manifest permission support
* Per app configuration
* Request timeout
* Proper Tablet UX
Why another Superuser?
* Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
* Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
* Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
* Superuser should also be AOSP embeddable, meaning a ROM can easily embed it into their Settings app.
* Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
* If something goes wrong, I can fix it.
* Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
* Handle concurrent su requests properly
Manual installation with the recovery zip:
Recommended if you are having installation issues or are not rooted
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070/P)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300/I9305)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500/I9505)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000)
- Motorola Moto G (XT1028/31/32/33/34)
- LG Nexus 4
* If you want to add a device to the list pm details and a kernel thread to have an example and I will update as soon as possible.
It's pretty easy, just follow simple few steps:
- Press "Check compatibility button"
- Select a valid kernel image
Does it increase binary counter? No.
Do I need to be rooted? Yes, of course.
Why is it for? With this tool you can flash kernels without a PC in your Android, easy and safer than never, just select the kernel image, flash and reboot.
Why is it safer? It has MD5 checksum to verify that your file is not corrupted, you must want to check it before flashing...
I have soft bricked my device flashing an mp3 file (?) what can I do? Flash with odin again, you can optionally flash the kernel only.
CHANGELOG AND EXTRA INFO:
Original thread on XDA developers forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37704398
ROM Toolbox combines all the great root apps into one monster app with a beautiful and easy to use interface. ROM Toolbox has every tool you need to make your Android device fast and customized to your liking. Save 85% by getting ROM Toolbox instead of spending $30 or more on other apps.
ROM Toolbox has been featured on LifeHacker, XDA-Developers, Droid-Life, Android Central, RootzWiki, Android Police, and other popular sites. We know you will love it; Over 14,000 people gave it a full 5 star review! ★★★★★
This app requires root permission. For fast and friendly support please email us at email@example.com. We will be glad to help answer your questions or concerns.
ROM Toolbox combines apps like Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, SetCPU, MetaMorph, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Script Manager, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor, Font Installer, Boot Animation Installer & many more apps into an all-in-one app! Here is a list of some of the features you will find:
★ ROM Management ★
☆ Install ROMs & themes from a growing list of ROMs. AOKP, CyanogenMod and other popular ROMs included.
☆ Create, manage & restore nandroid backups
☆ Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats
☆ Install multiple ROMs & ZIPs from your SD card
★App Manager ★
☆ Batch backup & restore apps and their data
☆ Schedule backups to run at a certain time
☆ Restore apps from nandroid backups
☆ Backup/Restore text messages, bookmarks, accounts, etc.
☆ Backup your apps to dropbox
☆ Freeze/Defrost system & user apps
☆ Backup/restore Android Market link
☆ Task manager
☆ Automated batch uninstaller
☆ E-mail your apps to friends
☆ Move any user app to the SD card
☆ Clean up dalvik-cache
☆ Zipalign, fix permissions, wipe data & cache, force close any app
★Root Explorer ★
☆ Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).
☆ Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
☆ Change file permissions and ownership
☆ View, edit & share files
☆ File manager with two panels for easier management
★ Scripter & Terminal Emulator ★
☆ Create and run scripts as root
☆ Set your scripts to run at-boot
★ Auto Start Manager ★
☆ Enable/disable apps that run on start-up
☆ Enable/disable any broadcast receiver, activity or service
★ Rebooter ★
☆ Reboot recovery, powerdown, bootloader, etc.
★ Font Installer ★
☆ Install custom fonts from a huge list or from your sdcard
☆ Set fonts as favorites & send them to friends
★ Boot Animation Installer ★
☆ Install custom boot animations from a huge collection or from your sdcard
☆ Preview boot animations
☆ Create a boot animation from a GIF file
☆ Have a new random boot animation each time you boot-up!
★ Theme Manager & Statusbar Icon Changer ★
☆ Create and install full themes
☆ Customize your status bar by installing custom icons for wifi, signal, gps, etc.
☆ Change your battery icons in the status bar to a custom one from a list of 200+
★ Boot Logo Changer ★
☆ Change your boot logo for supported phones
★ Theme Chooser Themes ★
☆ View a list of themes for the TMobile Theme Chooser
☆ SetCPU & scaling governor
☆ CPU Profiles
☆ Kernel tweaks to speed up performance
★ Build.prop Editor ★
☆ Easily edit your build.prop
☆ Change lcd density, improve battery life, increase performance
★ Auto Memory Manager ★
☆ Set minfree values & select from presets. Apply values at boot
★ SD Booster ★
☆ Increase the speed of your SD card
Contacts - Backup call log and sms
SMS - Backup call log and sms
Accounts - Backup and restore from Google Drive
This tool provides several features to interact with (and only with) Mifare Classic RFID-Tags.
It is designed for users who have at least basic familiarity with the Mifare Classic technology.
┏━┫ PLEASE READ ┣━
┃Please read the whole page and make sure you got everything right before rating. Thank you!
┃If you rate with less then 4 stars, please leave a comment why. This way I can improve this app.
┃If you like MCT please consider to buy the donate version.
┃The Mifare Classic support for HTC One M8/M7 is broken since Android 5.0+. MCT has a
┃workaround that hopefully will work for most users. The real issue has to be fixed by HTC.
• Read Mifare Classic tags
• Save and edit the tag data you read
• Write to Mifare Classic tags (block-wise)
• Clone Mifare Classic tags
(Write dump of a tag to another tag; write 'dump-wise')
• Key management based on dictionary-attack
(Write the keys you know in a file (dictionary).
MCT will try to authenticate with these
keys against all sectors and read as much as possible.)
• Format a tag back to the factory/delivery state
• Write the manufacturer block of special Mifare Classic tags
• Create, edit and save key files (dictionaries)
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Value Blocks
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Access Conditions
• Compare dumps (Diff Tool)
• Display generic tag information
• Display the tag data as highlighted hex
• Display the tag data as 7-Bit US-ASCII
• Display the Mifare Classic Access Conditions as a table
• Display Mifare Classic Value Blocks as integer
• In-App (offline) help and information
• It's open source (GPLv3) ;)
Some important things are:
• The features this tool provides are very basic. There are no such
fancy things like saving a URL to an RFID-Tag with a nice looking
graphical user interface. If you want so save things on a tag,
you have to input the raw hexadecimal data.
• This App can NOT crack/hack
any Mifare Classic keys. If you want to read/write an RFID-Tag, you
need keys for this specific tag first. For additional information
please read/see Getting Started from the links section.
• There will be no "brute-force" attack
capability in this application. It is way too slow due
to the protocol.
• The first block of the first sector of an original
Mifare Classic tag is read-only i.e. not writable. But there
are special Mifare Classic tags that support writing to the
manufacturer block with a simple write command. This App is able to
write to such tags and can therefore create fully correct clones.
However, some special tags require a special command sequence
to put them into the state where writing to the manufacturer block is possible.
These tags will not work.
Remember this when you are shopping for special tags!
• This app will NOT work on some devices because
their hardware (NFC-controller) does not support Mifare Classic
( https://github.com/ikarus23/MifareClassicTool/issues/1 ).
You can find a list of unsupported devices here:
• Project Page on github:
• MifareClassicTool on F-Droid:
• Getting started & other help:
• Bug tracker:
IF YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT IT HERE
• Additional stuff:
• Thread at the Proxmark3 Forum:
MIFARE is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors.
It does NOT crack the secret key, it only uses keys that you add to it's database
If you don't have the key, this tool won't get it for you.
if you CAN'T get the keys, you should go back to reading & learning about mifare :-)
How to use this tool :
Main page allows you to fully scan a card,
it looks for KeyA and KeyB on every sectors, then gets all the data it can.
it uses all the keys in the database, starting by those it has used the most. be sure to add your secret keys before scanning to new tag.
this can be quite long, be patient ...
If it's not a MifareClassic Tag, we'll still try to find the type of tag, it's UID and gather some datas
QuickScan allows you to make the quickest scan possible on a single sector.
Template scan is the new concept of this version
You create a template by giving it a type of card, the sectors you wants to scan (so you don't loose your time scanning sectors that don't matter) and the right key to access it.
It bring you a fast and efficient way to get the data that you're looking for.
You can find all your scanned tags in the history tabs.
from their, you can edit a tag and it's data and write it back to the original tag, or to a compliant one.
you can also export the tag (.mfd format) to use the data easily with other tools (LibNFC is your friend).
please register your default email in the configuration to ease up that process.
You can add keys to the database so they will be used while scanning new tags
Changes in V2.0:
- KeyB is now working, to read AND Write tag
- Write back to tag is working, but you need to have the correct access conditions to be allowed to write.
- You can now read, write and save Mifare Mini, 1K, 2K and 4K.(some types haven't been tested yet, please send me your tags if you find a bug
- You can identify any NFC compatible tag, and save it's UID.
- A lot of optimisations on every activities
- A lot of bug correction, really a lot ! sorry for my poor coding :-)
Stuff to come :
- Get more data from non MifareClassic Tags
- make it possible to edit and write back to those tags.
- Increase the speed of the capture process
- make it possible to write the First block on chinese Mifare tags
- ... act as a Tag ! In order to do so, i'll need a custom rom. If you're a ROM god, contact me !
- Read Tag (Mifare Classic, Mifare Ultralight)
- Read Tag by Using Default Key A / B
Supported Device on ( Tested ):
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S
and other Device have NFC technology ( DATA TRANSFER )
You Can Find the Device Spec on --> http://www.gsmchoice.com/en/
For more functions and advertisement free, please buy a professional version.
- Write Tag (Write Data Block, Reset to Value Block, Increase Value Block, Decrease Value Block)
- Crack The Tag with known keyA /B
- All NFC Tag Compatible
- Clear All Block ( with zero / random data)
- Clone Card
- Advertisement free
All the procedure indicated in the application is suggested by us but must only be applicable on your own risk. Any damage to the device is on the basis of none taken responsibility. Please do each and every step carefully and follow the instructions precisely otherwise you may result in bricking your device which in most of the cases, is not a permanent problem but still you lose your warranty and repair would cost you.
Each content w.r.f of Unlock and Root is already been tested on almost all the devices and the content has been picked up from very authentic and trustworthy sources which have been credited in the application also. if you want to take a swim in the sea you better hold your breath and jump in. If you hesitate to jump. You shouldn't swim at all.
Your concerns regarding this application may means alot to us and will help us in the betterment of the application so that it may help others. Any rom or device which you want in this application to be added, does worth an effort so please mail us any of the roms of a particular device along with your name and source so that we can pay our respects against your name and the source in the application.
We may have missed many of the roms which we couldn't locate somehow but you did. Please provide us with those roms for particular devices which we have already missed. If you think we have even missed a slightest feature then we definetly would have missed it. We place your concerns before our application. So please request any feature you want in this application which you think lacks as there are many factors which needs updation but still to gather all the features already presented in this application and manage to create something out of them wasn't an easy task.
We would like to have your appreciation to the effort of the developers more instead of criticizing. Nothing is perfect so this application. It needs alot of work to be done but its still a running application. We would be looking forward to see your concerns and positive regards.
Supports multiple schemes - swipe to change between them.
Note: You must have the current keys to the tag to be able to refactor it.
Please provide feature requests if you are interested in the app - the features are read-only for now.
Permissions (in addition to NFC) explained:
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - for writing standard, backup or record file contents
The currently supported tags include:
* Mifare Classic 1K & 4K (S50 & S70)
* Mifare Ultralight / Ultralight C / Ultralight EV1 / NTAG series
* some ISO 15693 tags (i.e. NXP ICODE SLI series)
* NFC Type 1 tag
* ISO 14443-4 compliant tags that accept ISO7816-4 format commands
Note: For Mifare Classic tags, you need to know the Key(s) to access the data in each respective sector, otherwise the default key would be assumed. For more information, please look up NXP's Mifare Classic in the internet.
SUPPORTED TAG TYPES:
- MIFARE Ultralight (MF0ICU1)
- MIFARE Ultralight C (MF0ICU2)
- MIFARE Ultralight EV1 (MF0UL11)
- MIFARE Ultralight EV1 (MF0UL21)
- MIFARE Ultralight emulators
- Reading and writing of the entire tag is done in one-shot
- Efficient writing of different pages only
- Saving and loading content from TXT files anywhere in the file structure where the OS has permissions
- On standard tags, reading and writing is only limited by tag security restrictions (see tag datasheets)
- On emulators, if security restrictions allow, the following features are additionally supported:
- Writing UID in pages 0, 1, 2
- Writing manufacturer reserved byte 1 in page 2
- Resetting OTP and lock bits
- Writing one-way counters
- Reading 3DES key fields
- Reading and writing tags with manufacturer IDs (UID0) other than 0x04
- Reading and writing tags with non-standard number of pages up to 256
LIMITATIONS OF THE INITIAL VERSION (planned as TODO list):
- No auto-correction of UID checksum bytes
- may result in a bricked emulator (failure to pass the next anticollision procedure) if no auto-correct is implemented on emulator side
- Saved TXT files have UNIX newline characters 0x0A, because Android is UNIX-based
- Windows still has applications to work with such files: Wordpad, Notepad++, etc.
- Tags compliant to ISO 14443-A and MIFARE command set, but with non-standard ATQA and SAK values, are not supported
- Every other (security) feature or command other than READ and WRITE is not supported
This program is for educational, development, and testing purposes only, and is provided "as is" according to the description above. The author holds no responsibility for consequences that may arise from misuse of this program.
Support ISO7816-4, Felica compliant e-wallet, It can read account balance and transaction logs from these cards if no read restriction.
So far we've confirmed the following can be read: ShenzhenTong Card (newer version) of Shenzhen, Shanghai Card, Octopus Card of Hongkong, Beijing Municipal Card (newer version), Changan Card of Shaanxi,Xi'an, Wuhan City Smart Card, Quickpass (China UnionPay).
This is a free and opensource software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, Either version 3 of the license, or (at your option) any later version.
Newest version and source code can be found at https://github.com/sinpolib/nfcard/
FareBot supports the following cards and protocols:
· ORCA - Seattle, WA, USA
· Clipper - San Francisco, CA, USA
· EZ-Link - Singapore (Not compatible with GSIII and other devices)
· Suica/ICOCA/PASMO/Nimoca/SUGOCA - Japan
· OV-chipkaart - Netherlands (Experimental; Requires encryption keys)
· Bilhete Único - São Paulo, Brazil (Experimental; Requires encryption keys)
· MIFARE DESFire
· MIFARE Classic
FareBot requires an NFC device and works best on the Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0 or later.