The Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network throughout the country, providing relief in times of disasters / emergencies and promotes health & care of the vulnerable people and communities. The Mission of the Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times, all forms of humanitarian activities so that human suffering can be minimized.
The objective of the Mobile App is to automate the various services being provided by the District Red Cross Society and as a handy tool for the general public as well. The key focus is on the benevolent public to facilitate and encourage them to donate generously, so that needy persons can be helped.
The key features of the app are:
1. To Become a Members of the Society. Detailed guidelines to become a member (as Patron, Vice Patron, Life Member or Associate Member) along with the interface for entry of personal details and transaction details of the paid membership fee is provided to the public.
2. The authorised user has an option for the Approval/Rejection of the submitted request. The authorised user is also provided with an option to change the Membership Type, if required.
3. List of all the Red Cross Members is accessible on the public domain.
4. Up-to-date information regarding the various services being provided by the Red Cross Society along with the contact details of the Nodal Officers. Facility for in app call dialling and emailing to the listed Nodal Officers is also provided from the app.
5. Up-to-date directory of the Nodal Officers authorised to take the donations in kind of cash or items like Wheel Chairs, Crutches, Hearing Aids, Medicines, Cloths, Books etc. is also provided in the app.
6. Details of the various pathological labs, available tests in the labs and the rates are provided in the app.
7. Details of the up-coming events like Medical Camps, Blood Camps, Fairs etc. in the district being organised by the District Red Cross Society is also being provided.
The Application is intended for the general public as well as for the officers/officials dealing with the Red Cross Society activities.