Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS - photoelectronic microtonal/spectral musical instrument created by Russian engineer Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANS_synthesizer
The instrument was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edison Denisov, Sofia Gubaidulina, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers. You can hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky's movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker.
While the other similar programs are just fun toys, the Virtual ANS is a full-featured professional tool which allows you to create unusual, deep, atmospheric sounds. With this app you can draw a complete piece of music, or convert sound to image (sonogram) and then make some complex sonogram modifications.
Actually the potential of the program has not been explored yet, so it (as well as PixiVisor) is more appropriate for people who are searching for something new, not afraid to experiment with sound.
• unique Virtual Analog sound engine;
• unlimited number of pure tone generators;
• powerful sonogram editor - you can draw the spectrum and play it at the same time;
• any sound (from a WAV file or a Microphone/Line-in) can be converted to image (sonogram) and vice versa;
• supported file formats: WAV, PNG, JPEG, GIF, VNS (Virtual ANS 1.x);
• Virtual ANS is also available for Windows, Linux, macOS and iOS;
• more functions in the next Virtual ANS updates...
Official Virtual ANS homepage:
Known solutions for some problems: