Euchre is played with four players and a deck of 24 cards A to 9 in four suits. A has the highest value, 9 the lowest. However in a trump suit Jack (right bower) is the highest and another Jack of the same color (left bower) is the second highest and then A to 9. The players sitting across are in the same partnership. A dealer is first randomly selected, then each player in a clockwise direction takes turn to be. The game proceeds as follow :-
1) You are selected as the first dealer, sit in the south while your partner sits in the north. Your opponents sit in the east west.
2) Five cards are dealt to each player. The top card of the remaining cards is turned face up.
3) The player left to the dealer is the first bidder to accept the face up card as the trump suit by saying “I order it up”, or reject it by saying “pass”. If the first bidder passes, the player across the dealer may bid by saying “I assist” to accept the face up card as the trump suit, or reject it by saying “pass”. If the second bidder passes, the third bidder who is on the right of the dealer then bid similar to his/her partner. If the third bidder passes, then it's turn for you, the dealer to bid. You say “ I accept” by clicking menu option Accept or “pass” by click menu option Pass .
4) After the suit of the face up card is accepted as trump, the dealer takes the face-up card and discard a card from his/her hand face down. You do this by input the card position number and click menu option Discard.
5) If all four players pass the bidding in the step 3, the face-up card is removed and then start the second round of bidding. The round of bidding starts with the one on the left of the dealer naming a suit of trump. If no one name the suit of trump, the dealer must. You name the suit of trump by clicking menu option Spade Trump or Heart Trump or Diamond Trump or Club Trump. The partnership of a player who bid the trump suit is known as the “makers”, and the other partnership is known as the “defenders”.
6) Before playing the first card, a player from each partnership can announce to “go alone” by playing alone while his/her partner sits out. The system will check if you have a good chance to go alone and ask if you will. You decide by clicking menu option Go Alone or Not Go Alone.
7) If there is no player going alone, the player to the left of the dealer first lead a card to play. If there is a player going alone, the player to the left of the going alone player first lead a card. If there are two players going alone, the player of the defender team first lead a card.
8) You play a card by input its card position number and click Play Card. Players must play the suit of the card led. If he/she has no card in the suit, then play any card. The highest card of the led suit win the trick if there is no trump played. If a trump is played, the highest card in the trump suit win the trick. The winner of the trick leads the next card.
9) When all players run out of card on hand, the hand ends and it's scoring time. The makers score 1 point for taking three tricks or four tricks, score 2 points for taking all five tricks, score 4 points for taking all five tricks if the maker goes alone. If the defender takes three or more tricks , the partnership scores 2 points, or 4 points if the defender goes alone. The game ends when a partnership reached 11 points and higher than the other.