Point Map has the following features:
- detailed map of Chisinau and Balti cities;
- an opportunity of searching by streets, houses, establishments.
- demonstration of nearby routes of transportation to a desired destination;
- objects on the map with contact information: restaurants, shops, companies and etc.
- public transportation routes of Chisinau: buses, mini-buses, trolleybuses;
- location of video cameras and radars of auto traffic;
- opportunity to set location and identify the district.
The application downloads viewed map areas from server and saves in device memory
Get Point also lets you record an entire route by foot or by car to also evaluate the result in Google's desktop application.
Ideal for professionals such as surveyors and geographers while a field work, but can also be used for fun, to mark their places of travels or visits.
This is a work in progress and was developed in order to learn the Android platform and also bring the public a quality tool. Any suggestion is welcome. Please send comments by e-mail.
- Groups of coordinates. A group can be a trip, a specific job, etc.;
- Marking of points within a group of coordinated, allowing to name the point;
- Record a route, letting you set the interval between recordings of the points, also allowing to name the route recorded;
- Sending points (KML file and Google Maps link) or route records (KML file) by e-mail;
- Quickly view a recorded point on Maps without having to export to the desktop;
- Export all records in the group to a KML file to later be viewed on Google Earth;
- You can export/import your database avoiding losing your information if you upgrade or replace your device;
- And more.
PointToPoint is free and easy to use, with all required information displayed at all times. It only takes 2 clicks on a button to save your location and one click on a button to be guided to last or saved location.
Use Point To Pint to remember where you parked your car, location of your hotel, location of camping spot, when hiking, to be guided to pre given coordinates, to save your favorite diving spots, spots in nature and other outdoor activities... or any other location you would like to return to later.
PointToPoint enables you to:
- save current GPS location
- navigate from new location to saved location
- store multiple locations and manage stored locations
- enter location manually (coordinates)
- get data about current location, altitude, speed
- use compass to guide you to desired location
- get data about distance to desired GPS coordinates and estimated time of arrival (ETA Time)
- arrow points you to desired location
- use either metric (km, m, Km/h) of imperial (ft, miles, mph) system of units
Hold your device parallel to the ground as you would hold a compass in navigation mode. Please make sure your phone's GPS is turned on! GPS does not work well in inside buildings. PointToPoint is best used outdoors!
You can add your own points or use a built-in list of cities around the world.
★ Now you can view and add locations using Google Maps!
Both online and offline operation modes available. Ad-free!
Tags: geolocation, GPS, radar, map, geoposition, bearing, compass, orthodromic, great-circle, geo, tracking, POI
Adding shortcuts on your homescreen to an image or video in your media gallery. Shortcut shows thumbnail and title.
First way to create shortcut: from your homescreen, select add then select shortcut.
Select Media Shortcut to pick a photo or video to create shortcut to.
Second way to create shortcut: from your gallery app, select the share button.
Select Media Shortcut to create a link to the picture or movie on your desktop.
In both cases a dialog will appear allowing you to modify the title of the shortcut.
For images you can select the area (crop) that will be shown on the shortcut's icon. (the full image will be shown when launched)
When creating a shortcut or launching it from the homescreen this app can use any media picking, cropping or viewing app that is installed on your system. (This is usually the default gallery app that you already have pre-installed)
Some of other apps are known to not adhere to standards as defined in the Android platform specification which will prevent this app from working correctly. If you are experiencing problems please try using a different media picking, cropping or viewing app.
Media Shortcut is only 20kb. It requires only the install-shortcut permission and has no background activities or advertisements.
See website for source code.
This app is made by an independent developer on evenings and weekends. If you like it then please leave a comment :)
AstroClock visualizes time according to three consistent natural cycles i.e. day, moon and season.
Time is indicated by three hands which each turn once for each cycle. (they still turn in a clockwise direction)
Bring your home screen to life with a gorgeous widget (resizable on newer phones and tablets) or a live wallpaper (very battery efficient as it ticks only once every 15 minutes). On older phones AstroClock provides a LiveFolder listing all upcoming alerts.
Display AstroClock on your wall mounted tablet or wrist watch in full screen mode to view the clock without your home screen in the way.
AstroClock has a variety of downloadable themes to match your mood and if there isn't one that suits your fancy you can design your own theme, share it with others and become moderately famous!
If you don't want any theme or clock to display at all you can simply enable any of the 12 alerts (4 for each cycle) and have them show up in your notification bar as desired.
AstroClock plays nicely with other apps: on each alert (whether enabled for notification or not) it broadcasts an intent to any app that wants to respond according to the astronomical time. Additionally, AstroClock offers a Content Provider that other apps can read to get the dates of all upcoming alerts.
This app is made by an independent developer during evenings and weekends. If you like it then please post a comment below :)