If you have an issue, please email email@example.com, or use the contact menu option from the app before leaving a negative review!
How It Works:
• Motion - The screen is kept on by motion detection of the device. Small movements are detected from you just holding the device. The screen will time out quickly when motion is not detected to save battery. Motion is ignored when the device is facing up on a horizontal surface. This allows the screen to time-out when placed face up in a moving car or on a table with vibrations.
• Proximity - The screen will time out quickly when the proximity sensor is covered, whether in motion or not. Be careful not to cover the proximity sensor while holding the phone in landscape! The screen is also kept on by waving over the proximity sensor.
• Tilt angle - The screen is optionally kept on by tilting the phone above a certain angle from flat up.
• While charging. This option may also be available in your Android's developer settings, but if you've installed a secure Exchange account, that option is no longer available. KinScreen's option will continue to work and has the option to keep the screen bright as well. This only works while the device is unlocked.
• Works in the dark unlike other apps that use the camera to detect motion.
• Battery friendly! The service is designed to be lightweight and use minimal CPU. Only sensors with the lowest power consumption are used. Sensor monitoring is disabled once the screen is off so the phone can sleep and there is no battery drain.
• Start it once and forget it! It will not interfere with in-call behaviour, games or any other apps that keep the screen on already.
• Watch what it does in real-time! The coloured motion, proximity, tilt angle, and screen fields let you know what KinScreen is doing. When screen is green, the time-out is being actively extended, when white it is timing out normally (20s), and when red it is timing out quickly (10s). Note the proximity reading may be delayed. This is for efficiency reasons.
After installing, please set the device on a very stable surface, tap calibrate and wait 10s for KinScreen to automatically fine tune the motion sensitivity for your device.
Timeouts of less than 10s may not apply until 10s after the last touch.
The persistent notification is required so that the service is not killed by the system. If you would like to hide the notification, choose Toggle notification from the menu options in the app and follow the instructions. KinScreen will continue to work.
*Features available after unlocking the premium version.
Icon provided by http://www.visualpharm.com and modified slightly.
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
With the big widget you can set the timeout to a custom value easy and quick.
You can easily switch the timeout for the screen between 'no timeout' and the previous set value by the small Widget.
If you want to, a notification is shown whether the timeout is disabled or not.
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
The timeout can be set to any value between 0 and 99m55s with a granularity of 5 seconds. Also, an infinite time can be set (INF).
The user can define four custom timeout presets in order to change the screen timeout with just one touch.
Any Screen Timeout is a very small app and it does not run as a service. It merely changes the desired settings of your device and terminates transparently.
- A slider for Screen Brightness control
- A switch that controls the Screen Brightness Auto Mode
- Info line that shows the current time with seconds, available memory for application and battery charge level + battery temperature.
Any Screen Timeout is user friendly and it does not require any other permissions than the permission to modify the system settings.
This app is also available in a Plus-version (Any Screen Timeout Plus) with the following differences:
- Range from 0 to 999m55s (instead of 0 - 99m55s)
- Auto repeat function for all +/- buttons
- Landscape support
- Stay on while plugged in (Only devices with Android 4.1.1 or lower)
- No ads
Created as a utility to help my friends who can only set timeout to a maximum of 2 minutes with the built in settings manager.
Select SleepWidget from widget list to create the widget.
Use the most out of the app. Kindly leave your feedback and suggestions to improve the quality.
Not enough options for setting screen off timeout values? With SOFFT you can set any value starting from 1 minute to 9999 minutes.
Yes, nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine options!
Add "Never timeout" option and that will round up to whole 10 000 options!
With "Stay on" while charging option ten thousand+1 options.
Screen Notifications is open source (https://github.com/lkorth/screen-notifications). If you have ideas or feature requests feel free to submit an issue or pull request.
If you would like to translate this app, please take a look here:
If you have enabled Screen Notifications as a Device Admin so the screen will turn off after a notification, in order to uninstall Screen Notifications you will need to first open the app and uncheck the Device Admin option. Once this is done you will be able to uninstall it.
HTC One Users
There is a bug in the HTC lockscreen that will cause the shortcuts to break and the lockscreen to be dismissed without unlocking. The affects all apps that use the accessibility service (Lightflow, Pebble, etc)
If your phone is speaking, try disabling Samsung TTS and Google TTS in your devices menu or check for an update to your device. This is a known Samsung bug they have started to fix
Are your kids spending too much time on their tablet or phone?
✔ Screen Time has an app timer that lets you set a daily time limit on the apps you want to restrict
Are they playing games past bedtime?
✔ Block games at bedtime, but allow reading apps
Are they getting enough sleep?
✔ Block all apps at lights out time
Do you worry how they’re using their device at school?
✔ Block social apps and games, but allow educational apps during school hours
Do you struggle to get them off their devices when you need to?
✔ Time for lunch? Push a button on your phone, and your kids will be timed out from their devices. No more begging, bribing, or shouting!
Reward your kids with bonus time for completing tasks and chores
✔ Kids used up today's Screen Time? If they tidy their room you can reward them with bonus time from the convenience of your own device. Add as many different tasks and chores as you like - you'll be amazed how your kids start to manage their time responsibly!
Do you worry about what they're looking at, but don’t want be looking over their shoulder?
✔ What's Billy doing on his device? What web sites is he visiting? What apps is he using? What apps is he spending most time on? Keep track of what they're up to from the convenience of your own device, without having to own theirs.
✔ Block certain apps completely. Get an alert whenever your kids install a new app.
✔ Once installed, Screen Time requires your own password to uninstall.
Screen Time Parental Control is not the typical invasive "app launcher" that changes the natural tablet and mobile device experience. It is non-invasive, can't be uninstalled by kids, is simple to use, and just works. This makes it ideally suited for older children and teenagers, as well as younger children.
Screen Time is unique in that it was first created, and is now actively developed by parents that use it every day. We know what features help us manage Screen Time with our families, and we have lots of new ideas planned for future releases. So give it a try, and let us know what you think.
If you have any problems please take a look at our help pages, or contact us via the contact page of our website, since we cannot always help you if you post questions in the reviews.
GAMME compatible :
Enregistreur Série EH4xx, EH6xx , HD100 et HD200
Ripcord Alarm V2 is an anti-theft device. It provides an extra level of security when charging your phone in public places.
If your phone is unplugged from its power source, Ripcord Alarm sounds for all to hear!
The alarm will now also trigger if the phone is rebooted.
- Choose your ringtone
- Volume buttons disabled
- Shortcut to lockscreen settings
Please report bugs at my webpage ;)