The Coach 7 Modeler app allows you to investigate and model the world around you. It helps you to understand many different phenomena in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and other topics such as economics. With the flexible modeling environment you can make highly insightful graphical models of complex (time-dependent) processes, where the relation between different variables, flows and constants is easy to grasp. It also allows you to write textual models, which makes for an excellent learning experience for the starting programmer. Coach 7 Modeler is a highly useful tool, suitable for the aspiring young scientist and experienced researcher alike.
Within the framework of Coach 7 you can:
- Make graphical models by connecting variables, flow arrows, conditional expressions and more
- Write text-based models using the easy to learn Coach 7 programming language
- Execute models and simulate the effect of different parameters
- Visualize data in real-time in customizable graphs, meters and values
- Analyze the data with various analysis tools (slope, area, statistics, derivatives, data smoothing, function fits, derivatives, integrals, signal analysis and histograms)
- Create a complete multimedia learning environment by adding images, texts and websites to the activity
Some additional features:
- Preloaded with several activities to get you started
- Helpful instructions to learn the basics of modeling
- Multilingual user interface (English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Czech) and activities (English and Dutch)
- Fully compatible with activities made in Coach 7 on other platforms: Windows, OS X and iOS.
CMA has been innovating science classrooms since 1987 with products for ICT-based learning, adopting the popular inquiry-based learning approach. The Coach software is one of main components in the CMA line-up of interfaces, sensors, software and teaching materials.