The Econaut can barge skippers easily determine their CO2 emissions. The App calculates the amount of CO2 emissions per tonne on the basis of the following information:
- Transported tonnage
- Distance traveled
- Fuel Consumption
Tracking CO2 emissions are useful for several reasons:
1. It provides insight into the sustainability of your business
2. More and more clients in the logistics sector require access to CO2 performance of their contractors
3. European legislation to send more and more of a balanced CO2 reporting
*** Standard for the sector ***
The determination of CO2 emissions is based on a calculation. This calculation has a number of assumptions that by inland trade associations as standard will be accepted:
1. Allocation of CO2 emissions of empty sails
CO2 emissions associated with low speed (often the case with repositioning) is added to the previous full speed.
2. Default value
The calculation is based on 2.64 kilograms per liter of fuel CO¬2
Thanks Econaut all inland boaters can now make their CO2 calculations based on the same events. This increases the reliability of the figures and make performance comparisons.
*** Calculator and Automatic Registration Tool ***
The Econaut is made up of two parts.
1. In the first place, it contains a CO2 calculator. Thereby make a quick calculation of your CO2 performance.
2. Secondly, the Econaut includes the ability to automate CO2 your registration with the aid of a personal account. The Econaut holds in that case, the distance traveled automatically on the basis of GPS. Based on manual input of tonnage and fuel App allows then a monthly report on automatically. It receives the skipper in pdf format via email.
Registration and use of the Econaut are free. The App is an initiative of the Expertise and Innovation Centre Inland Shipping (EICB) and forms part of the program voortvarend Save. More information read on www.voortvarendbesparen.nl