Used this for almost a year now. My go to mobile version of todo.txt (just use Sublime editor on desktop). Recurring syntax & Lua script implementation are perfect. Recent update altered alpha sort to letters only (numbers at start of line no longer sort numerically or above letters), which is disappointing and seems an odd regression. For plain text organizers, this & SimpleTask Cloudless are the the best out there.
He nailed it! I've tried lots of todo list apps, and this is clearly just the right one for me. Has all the important features plus far more flexibility than any other that I have seen. And it is very fast too.
I've been using this for years. Because of the super simple integration with Dropbox, and the ability to use the cli on my desktop, this makes Simpletask one of the most flexible tools available.
Was 5 star but with last update it no longer preseeds the current filter Metadata when adding an item. How do I get that back?
Missing features: 1. Removing labels from multiple entries (check boxes would help) 2. Copy/cut/paste entries 3. Adding custom meta labels to multiple tasks (e.g., do:yyyy-mm-dd). 4. Transfering entries between text files (e.g., move to done.txt, ideas.txt, etc.). Save button gets in the way when entering an item. Otherwise has almost everything you'd need ranging from the basics like labels to widgets to filters and batch operations (e.g., batch label, archive, etc.), would also be perfect as a desktop app (no other program offers this many flexible features).
The calendar integration is still a little clunky, but this app does what I want and far more. It makes GTD simply no fuss at all. I'm looking forward to using it for years to come.
- Shallow copy the todolist before filter or looping over it. Prevents Concurrent Modification Exceptions.
- Merged: Fix README headers. (smichel17)
- Clear tasks to edit when closing AddTask. Fixes #738.
- Allow forced refresh for cloudless as workaround for #735.
- Merged: Fix link in README. (rodrigoaguilera)
- Fixed auto archive issues.
- Reorganized sources to standard.
- Merged: clean up phrasing of Color preference (smichel)
- Merged: Add buttons to get the app (Poussinou)